Page 2 of 190 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

Jim Ross didn't know about the firing on Monday

Jim Ross was interviewed by Yahoo Sports Radio earlier today regarding a number of topics and when the angle where he was removed once again from announcing Monday Night Raw was brought up, Ross stated that he didn't know it was coming.

Ross commented: "No, no idea whatsoever. It came as a complete surprise. My wife, we're celebrating our eighteenth anniversary today, none of us knew. It took me completely by surprise. It was one of those embarrassing moments you endure and move on. It's like anything else in life - when you get faced with a challenge or an uncomfortable situation, you have to make some choices on how you handle it."

Wheb asked if it was just a storyline, Ross responded, "If it is, no one has told me about the storyline. I just think WWE upper management has made the decision, again, to go with a different presentation at the announce position and I'm not in the plans. So, we move on."

pwinsider

Killing It.

Status

****ing lame, I need J.R. on commentary!

God

Status

I really dont get why he keeps going back. They treat him like crap each and every time.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

On Vacation

Status

If he does go back again he should just phone in sick every time their in Oklahoma.

Free Agent

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I really don't get why he (Jim Ross) keeps going back. They treat him like crap each and every time.
    I'm sure financial security is why. Jim Ross isn't a young man and there is no other stable place to work in pro wrestling right now for him. He could go to TNA, but they may not be in business in 6 months. He could take less money and work for a lesser promotion, but at his age it would be financially foolish.

If he would have gotten the Oklahoma Sooners radio gig, I don't think he would be in the WWE at all right now. That was a full time job. Not only broadcasting the games, but also doing regular radio and TV for the university and local stations. Since the job went to someone else (stragely enough), he only has one place to go where he has a stable and reliable paycheck that will allow him to make the kind of money he needs and wants.

I feel bad for J.R. he should be respected and still be doing commentary each and every week (without Cole). Jim Ross is still the best in the business, and by a thousand miles. I'm sure he would love to tell Vince to kiss his backside and go somewhere else, but there is simply no where else to go.

Man I wish there was decent and REAL competition for the WWE.

A.C.E.

Status

Wrestlemania re: News And Rumors Tidbits. *May Contain Spoilers*

from prowrestling.net Hulk Hogan made an appearance on the "Busted Open Show" on Sirius XM satellite radio where he discussed Bobby Roode facing Kurt Angle this Sunday at Bound for Glory for the TNA Championship.

"He's not ready. He's not the next guy. Ya' know, they might think he is. Dixie Carter might think he is. The whole world might think he is. He's not the next guy. If I had to bet money on anybody and really be serious about betting money on anybody, I'd say Jeff Hardy is the next guy if he keeps his act together. Um, that's what you gotta to have, man.

This is much more than being a wrestler, this is crossing barriers, medias, ya' know media barriers, and, and entertainment barriers of all kind. Getting your character down verbally has 90 percent to do with getting over. I just have a very strong feeling Kurt Angle's going to clean his clock performance wise, and carry the match, and basically remains the champion. He's training for the Olympics. , He's had some up and down moments, and I think this is not gonna be a down moment for Kurt Angle, so I'm betting that farm on him.

I'd go with James Storm all day long. Mainstream brotha'! Cowboy hat, beer drinking, middle America, Nascar, Walmart, Country Western. I mean all day long, it's a no brainer. That's me. That's my opinion. So, I mean, Bobby Roode's a tremendous athlete. I would change. I'd build him from Venice Beach, California or Omaha, Nebraska instead of, I dunno, Canada, eh'? I love him to death. He's a great kid. When he looked down at me from the ring, and we had an argument one day, and he goes, "What the hell have you ever done?" I said man, this guy'd be a great heel, but yeah he has a lot of potential there for him to, but if you ask me to choose who to run with', and you gave me those two choices? That's my opinion."

bobby roode has worked his butt off and most certainly deserves to be champion, this is exactly why they should have never resigned hogan.
    Last edited by Crocker; 10-14-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Killing It.

Status

What the ****, Hogan? Seriously, Bobby Roode deserves this more then anybody else in that company! Jeff Hardy is "the next guy"? Really? After all the times he's ****ed and had his chances already... Roode is ready. Sunday he will be the next guy, at least I hope.

For A Better WC

Status

Nicely played Hulkster, but we know Roode's winning.

Don't we?

Killing It.

Status

Or they could have a camera follow Hardy as he runs from jail to the arena where he runs in and attacks Angle getting the match thrown out, only for a new match to be made where Jeff wins the world title right there. The camera switches to a cheering crowd, then turns back to Hardy ODing in the ring.

Hopefully Hulk's just trying to throws us off a bit though, but if he were in kayfabe he wouldn't be putting over guys like Storm.

Free Agent

Status

I'm actually leaning toward Roode getting screwed by James Storm and angle retaining. That's lame to do at this point, but it's TNA after all. I see them having a mid-card feud with Roode and Storm (who I predict will join Immortal). I'm guessing Angle will retain and some sort of buffoonery will go down with a new contender after that (I'm guessing Jeff Hardy).

As for Hogan, I just heard him on Michelle Beadle's podcast. He said the WWE was PG and TNA was for adults. When asked what that means, Hogan said something to the effect of "In TNA, we can cuss more and bleed, which is how wrestling should be". Really? Pro Wrestling should be about curse words and bleeding? If that's why you watch wrestling, then you are a simplistic moron. He also called TNA a "monster" and still contends that he runs the place (no kayfabe either). He said when he got there they were small and doing nothing, but he made it into a major "monster" of a company. Hey Hogan, before you got there TNA was doing a 1.1 rating. Today, they are still averaging a 1.1 rating. There has been no growth. Hogan has made ZERO difference, except to make the show worse. The business has not gorwn, yet the money spent has. That's not at all a smart business model.

Skip Bayless called Hogan out for being on the gas on ESPN First Take by saying he "wasn't natural". Beadle even said that Hogan looks bad and can barely walk. He came off as silly, broke-down and old. His ESPN media day was mostly a disaster and the WWE was mentioned more than TNA.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Bobby's been ready since the Team Canada split. Hogan is talking out of his ass as always. He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

(Cause you all love me...lol)

God

Status

If you take anything Hulk Hogan says seriously, you need to get your head checked. From a purely kayfabe point of view, Angle is the overwhelming favourite and Hogan is just trying to make Roode seem like even more of the underdog to ensure everyone is behind him. If Angle is really going for the Olympics, he'd need to be dissapearing off TV fairly soon to ensure he is ready and doesnt pick up an injury by continuing to wrestle full time while training.

Roode has to win. Even TNA cant mess this one up.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

On Vacation

Status

Lagana's signed with TNA

Former WWE Creative Team member and Ring of Honor Director Dave Lagana has signed a deal to work for TNA, according to a statement he issued on his official website, IWantWrestling.com.
    Lagana noted his role would be "Director of Creative Writing with TNA Wrestling" and writing "My duties will be to focus solely on the development of new wrestling shows beyond the Impact Wrestling show."

Sources indicate he would not be working (at least initially) on the existing TNA Impact product.

PWINSIDER

Mid-Card Champion

Status

TNA can't mess it up but you know damn well they will. Their first mistake was hiring Hogan.

(Cause you all love me...lol)

Free Agent

Status

Roode has to win. Even TNA cant mess this one up.
    Are you sure about that. TNA has messed up much more important things than this. They certainly can and likely will mess it up. They have a long track record of that. And yes, so does the WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    Lagana's signed with TNA
    This is a very good move for TNA. Paul Heyman thinks highly of Lagana and he is a lifelong fan of pro wrestling. Still, with Hogan, Bischoff, Dixie and Russo still "big shots" in TNA, I have no faith that real, lasting and positive change will happen. I can only hope that guys like Brother Love and Lagana can steal Dixie's ear away from the cancers known as Russo, Bischoff and Hogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave To Petey View Post
    TNA can't mess it up but you know damn well they will. Their first mistake was hiring Hogan.
    That wasn't their first mistake, and using him for a short run would have helped raise the company profile. Their massive mistake was keeping him around for more than 3 months. I hear they got some on in some overseas markets due to the Hogan name, but it's no longer worth it (now that they have those markets). Hogan sucks all the air out the the show. He is a burden now. A nostalgia act that has long since lost his luster and relevance. Sure, he gets you on ESPN for a day, but when the WWE is mentioned much more than TNA and they make a joke out of him (as they mostly did), then will that really translate? I'm guessing no.

On Vacation

Status

An update on Lagana

TNA hired Dave Lagana not to work on the existing Impact Wrestling series, but to take part in a brand new project the company will be launching later this year in India. The new project will be a weekly series for the Indian market that will not be utilizing the TNA brand name, PWInsider.com has exclusively learned.
    Sources indicate that the project, which has been spearheaded by Jeff Jarrett, will be taping for a week in December with an additional week of tapings also scheduled for January 2012.

The project will be a completely separate entity from TNA - both in terms of the creative team and the roster of talents. Joining Lagana and Jarrett on the creative end of things will be Dutch Mantel.

Former TNA referee Rudy Charles has also been very involved in the development of the project's roster. The word we are getting is that they have cultivated a potential roster of former WWE/TNA/WCW/ECW types as well as independent talents that have not had major television exposure. I do not know if any talents have been signed as of this writing.

Sonjay Dutt, who was in India last week with BG James to scout talent, will also be a major part of the project. The project had well over 100 potential Indian talents try out and of those, ten were selected and will be brought to the United States to train as pro wrestlers and be part of the new series. Obviously, James will not be involved as he has taken a position as a WWE Producer on a probationary basis.

The new series will air in India on The Colors Network (known here in the United States as Aapka Colors in the U.S), a Viacom-owned network that launched in 2008. Endemol, a major international television production and distribution company, is also involved with the project.

One would think the series would find its way to the United States and other markets as well in some fashion, but nothing is confirmed in that regard.

So, there you have it. A brand new, internationally based TNA brand will launch before the end of 2011

pwinsider

God

Status

Did anything ever come of that motocross or whatever project they did a few months ago?
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Status

More gold from Hogan:

CBS Podcast Player

Haven't had a chance to listen, but apparently this is some of what he claims:

-he used to fight in Pride in the late 70s because New Japan was affiliated with Pride and would send its guys there.

-people talk about the Shea Stadium show, but in the South, he was selling out baseball stadiums all the time before the Shea Stadium show.

-Hogan claimed he sold out "every night" for 20 years from the late 70's until the late 90's

-Hogan claimed he wrestled in Japan for twenty years and sold out the Tokyo Dome for twenty straight years

-Hogan claims he passed on the script to 'The Wrestler' "four or five" times

-Hogan claims 'The Wrestler' isn't accurate, and his buddies that are past their prime make "$4-$5,000 per weekend" working armories

Dude has gone straight up insane...

God

Status

Is that in real life or in Hogan's land of make believe?
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Free Agent

Status

Did anything ever come of that motocross or whatever project they did a few months ago?
    All Wheels Wrestling (or something to that effect) is what I think it was called. Last I heard they couldn't find anyone who wanted to air it.

Is that in real life or in Hogan's land of make believe?
    Hogan always lives in a land of his own imagination where his ego can run wild and he can pretend to be the most important person in the world.

Hulk is know for just completely making things up in order to put himself over. He once did an interview telling everyone that Andre the Giant was 8 feet tall and weighed almost 1,000 pounds, and he was serious. Andre was 7'4 and weighed under 500 pounds. He has told people that he taught Vince McMahon everything Vince knows about pro wrestling and business.

Other Hogan fantasies/LIES are:

-He created the entire "Macho Man" gimmick and appearance for Randy Savage.
    -He claimed that Elvis used to watch him wrestle in Memphis all the time. The truth is, Hogan debuted in Memphis in 1979, Elvis died in 1977.
    -Hulk said that Andre died a few days after Hogan slammed Andre at Wrestlemania III. WM3 was in 1987 and Andre died in 1993.
    -He said his movies made more money at the box office than The Rocks (and he said this recently).
    -He said that he accidentally killed Inoki during a match in Japan, then gave him CPR and revive him.
    -He said he partied with John Belushi after WrestleMania 6. WM6 happened in 1990, Belushi died in 1982.

That's just the ones I remember.

Thread Information