Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's up with Daniel Bryan?

Curtain Jerker

Status

What's up with Daniel Bryan?

Mr. Money in the Bank isn't doing too well after winning the briefcase, they're trying to make him look incredibly weak. Maybe they're trying to turn him into a heel or something. Is the WWE regretting their decision to have Bryan win the briefcase, are they setting him up to lose it in the near future ?

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: What's up with Daniel Bryan?

I think it's more that they're regretting the decision to give him the MITB contract. I don't understand why people assume this is leading to a heel turn. That may end up being the case, but right now I doubt the WWE have that plan in mind. They're just having him lose for no reason and not highlighting him. If he turns heel, what's the point? The guy's a loser - he loses all the time and we're told every week (without anyone saying otherwise) that he's a nerd/loser/idiot. It's no wonder he doesn't get nearly the reactions he did a while back.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have him drop the briefcase to someone else. I cannot see him main eventing Wrestlemania and I really can't see him as World Champion anytime soon.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Shockmaster View Post
    I think it's more that they're regretting the decision to give him the MITB contract. I don't understand why people assume this is leading to a heel turn. That may end up being the case, but right now I doubt the WWE have that plan in mind. They're just having him lose for no reason and not highlighting him. If he turns heel, what's the point? The guy's a loser - he loses all the time and we're told every week (without anyone saying otherwise) that he's a nerd/loser/idiot. It's no wonder he doesn't get nearly the reactions he did a while back.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have him drop the briefcase to someone else. I cannot see him main eventing Wrestlemania and I really can't see him as World Champion anytime soon.
    So the WWE once again builds someone up, and start getting him some momementum only to start having him lose a ton of matches when he was just about to blossom, that is typical WWE killing off the making of a new star.

DB was very over with the fans and now by giving him this losing streak after winning MITB they have lost all of that steam.
    And there is way they can regret it since he has lost 90% of his matches after winning MITB

It has to be leading to a heel turn by him getting fustrated by being a goodie goodie because if its not then the WWE just lost another potentinal star in the making.

Formerly Chuck Norris

Status

Or, maybe it's to make him an underdog so that when he wins he ends up like Punk did...

Jobber

Status

I have no idea why the WWE is making him lose so much but him losing to Sin Cara with a LaBelle Lock was horrid. What were they thinking?

There is one way I will accept it in the end.
    William Regal had a match recently and I would like to see Regal start abusing DB for being a loser and an embarrassment to Regal because of the training Regal gave him. DB should then go back to Regal for more 'training' and start showing a Regal type "ruthless" attitude. I don't want to see him do a heel turn or start cheating but certainly utilize the 5 count and doing nasty knees to the head etc that Regal does so well.
    I think an all business, ruthless DB with an arsenal of moves, knees, kicks and submission holds woud be a believable champion.
    Maybe Regal could be at ringside shouting out instructions, but that is just a preferrance of mine because I am a huge Regal fan and enjoy watching him.

Aside: They seem to be giving Tyson Kidd a losing streak as well, him losing to Sin Cara with that flip-flop finisher was cringeworthy.

Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

Status
      Country                    England

There's no chance he's main eventing anyway. Cena v Rock will most likely close the show, and considering that the World Heavyweight Championship match featuring the Royal Rumble winner opened Wrestlemania this year, it's probably going to go on before a couple of matches again in 2012.

Cult of Personality

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

I have never watch ROH so the first time I saw Daniel Bryan was on NXT. Now that obviously means I don't have a huge knowledge of his career but I also think that lends me an interesting perspective. Wrestling fans(I hate saying IWC and I call other fans entertainment fans rather than wrestling fans) love DB and go on and on about him and possible ways for him to blossom in the WWE. I presume this is coming from his ROH days because he has done nothing in the WWE. I just don't get why people are so interested in him?? To me he is lame on the mic, has no conceivably interesting angles that would suit him and is just downright boring. Now maybe he is more exciting when he is able to utilise a rougher brand of offense like he seems to have done in the less PG ring of honor(American spelling because I'm such a nice guy) but get over that, you're in WWE now, deal with it and adapt or get off TV.

So what is up with Daniel Bryan? He is boring! Forget about him being in no state to main event WM I don't even think he should have won MITB. He has done nothing with the briefcase since winning it either. He hasn't put it on the line in a match, he hasn't threatened to cash it in. He just announces straight away that he's waiting until WM, boooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnng.

On the other hand maybe I've just been brainwashed by Michael Cole but I just don't think the guy has done anything in WWE that justifies the following and interest level in him. Bryan Danielson may have been awesome but Daniel Bryan sucks and I don't think an 80's hit from Europe is going to change all that.
    I'm not actually smart at all, it's just a really clever play on words.

Sweet Meat

Status

I think everybody is insane except Captain. The best choice would for him to get a little frustrated with not getting the big wins. Henry plows through Orton, Sheamus, etc. All of the top guys. Then Daniel Bryan is the last hope for Smackdown, leading to Cole trolling big time.Then we can have the big underdog match. Either that can happen at Mania OR at say, TLC. He surprises the big man and nearly beats him, but just can't. Afterward, Henry, angry at how close he was to being defeated by such a small man, attacks Bryan and injures him. Then Bryan returns, wins the Rumble, and challenges Henry for the title.

Okay that was fantasy booking, but I do think they're doing it to increase frustrations, not because they regret giving it to him.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

im barely rasist

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SmartBark View Post
    On the other hand maybe I've just been brainwashed by Michael Cole
    Yea, that's probably it.

BTB Legend

Status

If they're wanting to make him an underdog, then if the 'virgin' view of SmartBark is anything to go by, they're doing a terrible job.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KTK View Post
    I think everybody is insane except Captain. The best choice would for him to get a little frustrated with not getting the big wins. Henry plows through Orton, Sheamus, etc. All of the top guys. Then Daniel Bryan is the last hope for Smackdown, leading to Cole trolling big time.Then we can have the big underdog match. Either that can happen at Mania OR at say, TLC. He surprises the big man and nearly beats him, but just can't. Afterward, Henry, angry at how close he was to being defeated by such a small man, attacks Bryan and injures him. Then Bryan returns, wins the Rumble, and challenges Henry for the title.

Okay that was fantasy booking, but I do think they're doing it to increase frustrations, not because they regret giving it to him.
    It's not even a case of Bryan not getting the big wins though. He's not getting any wins. That doesn't make him an underdog, it makes him a joke. If it was a case of him getting increased frustrations, then they should be making an effort to actually say that and make it a storyline, but instead all we hear is how much of a loser he is and then he loses to further prove Cole's points.

Shock Reviews Archive

Sweet Meat

Status

Well the angle thing has to do with WWE's booking. His mic skills are fine, though. As for him announcing he'll cash in later, that's not a bad thing

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

🔪 Cool·Vegan·Mom·Club 🌻

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by SmartBark View Post
    I have never watch ROH so the first time I saw Daniel Bryan was on NXT. Now that obviously means I don't have a huge knowledge of his career but I also think that lends me an interesting perspective. Wrestling fans(I hate saying IWC and I call other fans entertainment fans rather than wrestling fans) love DB and go on and on about him and possible ways for him to blossom in the WWE. I presume this is coming from his ROH days because he has done nothing in the WWE. I just don't get why people are so interested in him?? To me he is lame on the mic, has no conceivably interesting angles that would suit him and is just downright boring. Now maybe he is more exciting when he is able to utilise a rougher brand of offense like he seems to have done in the less PG ring of honor(American spelling because I'm such a nice guy) but get over that, you're in WWE now, deal with it and adapt or get off TV.

So what is up with Daniel Bryan? He is boring! Forget about him being in no state to main event WM I don't even think he should have won MITB. He has done nothing with the briefcase since winning it either. He hasn't put it on the line in a match, he hasn't threatened to cash it in. He just announces straight away that he's waiting until WM, boooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnng.

On the other hand maybe I've just been brainwashed by Michael Cole but I just don't think the guy has done anything in WWE that justifies the following and interest level in him. Bryan Danielson may have been awesome but Daniel Bryan sucks and I don't think an 80's hit from Europe is going to change all that.
    You're wrong, 80's music makes people world champions!! It's a common known fact.
    Of course I'm kidding, don't be retarded. That just made no sense. He's won the US title and MITB in a short time of being there, that should "justify" him something. I seriously don't know what you're talking about or why you mention ROH so much, seems like another guy just trying to hate on indy wrestlers honestly. Who knows though? Bryan's a awesome wrestler, there's no denying that. I'm just going to sound like a dick and say "I'm guessing you're a Cole fan" because you sound just like you're trying to get into his character.

Who know's where WWE is heading with him, probably the frustrated angle, but I'm sure they know what they're doing and I doubt they regret giving him the briefcase. It's not like the booking of a MITB briefcase holder has to be strong, it adds more to the "I can't believe he got the title~!" thing.

It's not even a case of Bryan not getting the big wins though. He's not getting any wins. That doesn't make him an underdog, it makes him a joke. If it was a case of him getting increased frustrations, then they should be making an effort to actually say that and make it a storyline, but instead all we hear is how much of a loser he is and then he loses to further prove Cole's points.
    Wasn't he winning matches like every week against random people like Kidd not long ago? I thought he was doing good aside from the losses to Cara and the one to Del Rio? I'm not quite sure though...
    Last edited by Kakarot; 09-21-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Sweet Meat

Status

He wins on Superstars constantly. And yes, it's Cole's character to call Bryan a loser. That's the point. People really get worked by Cole.

Spoiler:

BTB Legend

Status

Almost nobody watches Superstars. The vast majority of WWE fans only know Daniel Bryan as the geek on Smackdown who always loses and who gets buried on commentary.

I checked the results for Superstars, and his last match was a win in August, and before that his last match was a win in March.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

He wins on Superstars constantly. And yes, it's Cole's character to call Bryan a loser. That's the point. People really get worked by Cole.
    He has won two matches on Superstars against Heath Slater and Tyson Kidd since he won the MITB. That's hardly going to get anyone to take him seriously as a World Champion contender or even as an underdog.

Cole's character isn't helping Bryan. Nobody contradicts him and nobody really sticks up for Bryan. And the fact that Bryan loses only backs up Cole's points so the average viewer will end up thinking "yeah, this guy is a loser/nerd/whatever". So while it's Cole's character and it pisses me off, it still isn't helping anyone actually get over, except maybe Cole. Maybe helped Bryan a year ago when he was slapping him or beating Miz, but not anytime recently.

Shock Reviews Archive

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

Now maybe he is more exciting when he is able to utilise a rougher brand of offense like he seems to have done in the less PG ring of honor(American spelling because I'm such a nice guy) but get over that, you're in WWE now, deal with it and adapt or get off TV.
    Who's to say he's not dealing with it? He could be dealing and adapting just fine with his situation now that he's earning some good money...or have have you spoken to him personally about his time in the WWE?

So what is up with Daniel Bryan? He is boring! Forget about him being in no state to main event WM I don't even think he should have won MITB. He has done nothing with the briefcase since winning it either. He hasn't put it on the line in a match, he hasn't threatened to cash it in. He just announces straight away that he's waiting until WM, boooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiin nnnnnnnnnnnng.
    He hasn't done anything with the briefcase since winning it because thats what the creative/booking team want. It's not for Bryan to decide.

Sweet Meat

Status

What? He won two weeks ago Apparently you didn't check well now, did you?

And 'always loses'. I feel like he's not lost nearly as much as people are making it seem. And supposing he did, he looks so good it really doesn't hurt him.

Spoiler:

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I think I could see him possibly go on a longer losing streak, and continually get more and more frustrated and possibly jump the gun on cashing in the Money in the Bank. You know trying to make something happen. But ultimately fail. From there I think they could possibly have him turn heel or keep in as a face who kind of goes back to what he knows basic kind of thing.

BTB Legend

Status

What? He won two weeks ago Apparently you didn't check well now, did you?

And 'always loses'. I feel like he's not lost nearly as much as people are making it seem. And supposing he did, he looks so good it really doesn't hurt him.
    So the site I went to had incomplete results. Doesn't change the general perception of DB being almost entirely negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Lghikas View Post
    I think I could see him possibly go on a longer losing streak, and continually get more and more frustrated and possibly jump the gun on cashing in the Money in the Bank. You know trying to make something happen. But ultimately fail. From there I think they could possibly have him turn heel or keep in as a face who kind of goes back to what he knows basic kind of thing.
    Losing streak gimmicks never work. They only make the guy look like, well, a loser.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information