Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: WWN (EVOLVE) General Discussion Thread

Kangaroo Jake

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Re: EVOLVE Discussion

Just brought 1 through 6, hope their good

DGUSA Dragon Gate: USA - General Thread

I know DGUSA isn't the most popular fed on this board, so while individual show threads may not draw enough interest, I'm sure a regular general thread would be fine. For now on, we can just keep this thread updated with any news or show cards to keep the DGUSA fans or posters who are curious on the company informed.

Saturday night is the next iPPV, the scheduled show is:

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
    YAMATO defends vs. CIMA

One-On-One
    PAC vs. Ricochet

Four Way Freestyle - Winners Gets To Book Future Match Match For His Stable
    Masato Yoshino vs. Naruki Doi vs. Sami Callihan vs. Chuck Taylor

No DQ Match
    Sabu & AR Fox vs. Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez

Ronin vs. Blood Warriors
    Johnny Gargano vs. Akira Tozawa

Special Challenge Match
    Rich Swann vs. Jon Davis

Tag Team Discovery Match #2 (winner of 9/9 Indianapolis match vs. a new team)
    Plus Brodie Lee and more!!!
    Then the following night, there's yet another iPPV offering with the following card:

Open The United Gate Titles vs. Open The Twin Gate Titles
    PAC & Masato Yoshino vs. Ricochet & CIMA

Grudge Tag Team Match
    YAMATO & AR Fox vs. Sami Callihan & Arik Cannon

Blood Warriors vs. Ronin
    Naruki Doi vs. Johnny Gargano

Special Challenge Match
    Akira Tozawa vs. Jon Davis

Tag Team Discovery Finals
    Chuck Taylor & Rich Swann vs. Sept. 10th Winners

Special Attraction Match
    Flip Kendrick vs. Pinkie Sanchez

Plus: Brodie Lee of Blood Warriors, Silas Young and more to be added!!!

Six Way Freestyle Bonus Match (6:00pm for Golden Circle & Stage Ticket Holders)
    Sugar Dunkerton vs. Louis Lyndon vs. Eric Ryan vs. Facade vs. both members of Zero Gravity
    You can buy one or both of the shows simply by going over to WWN Live - Live Stream and Video On Demand Wrestling iPPVs .

WAKE UP

Status

Re: Dragon Gate: USA - General Thread

No DQ Match
    Sabu & AR Fox vs. Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez

This is so horribly random it can't help but be fun. Also Tozawa vs Davis sounds badass.

I thought Tozawa went back to Japan? I know DGUSA is a mix of Japan and America, but if he's in the states, why can't he work other US indy companies?

WAKE UP

Status

Beats me. Dragon Gate's next show is in October so in theory he could stay and wrestle on other shows in the States before then.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I can dig the occasional DGUSA match (usually one that actually has minimal DG guys), but it just seems like difficult viewing. I had a hard time following when I watched the first three shows, then it got harder when I missed one. Now that I've missed like a year's worth, it seems like a hell of a lot of effort. Gabe's booking towards the end of his ROH run may not have set the world on fire, but it was easy to keep up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sweet Meat

Status

I enjoy the shows a lot more now that they're more "Americanized". Pretty good cards.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Formerly CZWFan

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Looking forward to some matches from tonights show and Saturdays.

Sand in the potato salad.

Status

Totally ordering the iPPV tonight, it looks damn good. Gonna hook it up to my tv.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

So was anything worth checking out?

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

WAKE UP

Status

Didn't see either show, but I have read good things about the Sabu tag, Gargano/Tozawa matches and Swann/Davis from the first night.

Sand in the potato salad.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I have read good things about the Sabu tag, Gargano/Tozawa matches and Swann/Davis from the first night.
    Pretty much this. I didn't see the second night.

Quote Originally Posted by PWInsider.com
    The 10/15 EVOLVE 10 event scheduled for next month in Union City, NJ at the ACE Arena will likely be canceled due to issues with the venue.

The early word making the rounds is that the ACE Arena, which has gotten raves for being an intimate location, will be shutting down. There are issues between the ownership of the building and the local building authority that will necessitate the tenants, including ACE promoter Mike Morgan, leaving the venue, unless something is resolved.

The venue has been housing shows for a number of promotions for years and was considered a huge asset because it was within a 20 minute bus ride of NYC, had ample parking and featured a great environment for the events.

Gabe Sapolsky noted that with only two weeks' lead time, it is not feasible that they will be able to move the event.
    EVOLVE just can't seem to catch a break. Would anyone be surprised if they don't make it to 2012?

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I reckon they'll keep going, but at the same slow rate of shows and DVD releases that we're getting right now.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

Re: Random Indy and Other Wrestling Talk

There's a Dragon Gate USA i-PPV on tonight, by the looks of things. I haven't really been following since their United trilogy of shows from January, but I might give it a bash.

The main event is BxB Hulk vs. YAMATO in a no rope match, which is a totally new one to me. Could be a great stip... or it could be incredibly dumb. Who knows?

Can't post links yet, apparently, but it's at their WWNLive website.

Sweet Meat

Status

DGUSA DGUSA and EVOLVE Merging

Quote Originally Posted by DGUSA's website
    November 25th: Dragon Gate USA and EVOLVE have unified. Here's what this means:

DGUSA and EVOLVE now exist in the same universe. This means that they will share the same roster and stables.
    Live events and iPPVs will still be promoted under DGUSA and EVOLVE banners. EVOLVE events will be important single shots that bridge the gap between four or five major DGUSA weekends in 2012. The happenings and results of DGUSA and EVOLVE events will have an affect on each other.
    The DGUSA Champion and DGUSA Tag Team Champions will be acknowledged as the top title holders in EVOLVE. There will be possible title defenses in EVOLVE depending on the champions' availability. There is a possibility of an EVOLVE Title in 2012, which would also be defended in DGUSA.
    EVOLVE will still be based on win/loss records and its leader board. You can follow these in the About EVOLVE section. However, there will be some changes made in the structure of these as well as the rules and regulations. We'll have more info next week at DGUSA.tv. EVOLVE will still maintain its unique identity and presentation.
    DGUSA and EVOLVE DVDs and merchandise can now both be purchased together in the DGUSA.tv Store or by calling 267-519-9744.
    DGUSA.tv will be your one stop for all your DGUSA and EVOLVE news and info. DGUSA and EVOLVE will share the Live Event, News & Articles, Roster, iPPV, Report Piracy and Contact sections of DGUSA.tv. EVOLVE news will now appear here in News Alerts.
    The Email News Express and WWNLive.com Email Magazine will both be the places for exclusive news, deals, articles and interviews about both DGUSA and EVOLVE. All this will be delivered right to your inbox. We will protect your email and we won't spam you. Sign up here.
    There are now infinite possibilities with the DGUSA and EVOLVE union. We feel this will make the brands easier and more rewarding to follow. We'll have much more next week at DGUSA.tv.
    Should be interesting.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Curtain Jerker

Status

The no-rope match was really good. I wasn't sure how it would go, but it turned out very brutal.

Their iPPVs are now selling at $10 each instead of $15 for Black Friday, planning to get the rest of that weekend and the September shows that I missed and watch them over the next week.
    Last edited by ImustBREAKyou; 11-25-2011 at 04:00 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sweet Meat

Status

Already posted http://wrestlingclique.com/independe...e-merging.html but since it involves EVOLVE, I figured I'd keep it separate, that said, you added much more thought so you win.

It's kind of a shame, as I feel like soon EVOLVE will be gone altogether. I love it.

Spoiler:

Curtain Jerker

Status

Re: DGUSA and EVOLVE Merging

(moving my post here and edited the other one to keep everything in one thread)

This should have happened a long time ago to be honest - I was becoming skeptical of EVOLVE even making it to 2012 - but I feel Gabe's handled it in about the best way possible. It could greatly benefit both shows (but especially EVOLVE) at best, or not make a whole lot of difference at worst.

An EVOLVE singles title would be a great thing, but I still feel that the win/loss system should be dropped altogether. It could have been an interesting gimmick, but it's largely came across as tacked on, and a failed experiment in trying to be innovative to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Curtain Jerker

Status

Yeah, I think you had made that thread while I was typing my opinion on it... so I just moved that post into your thread to keep things neat

(I also really enjoy EVOLVE shows, by the way. I just dislike the concept behind it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information