Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Most Abysmal Wrestler Of The Year Discussion Thread

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

2011 Most Abysmal Wrestler Of The Year Discussion Thread

This is where you can discuss the worse wrestlers of the year.

When the black man talkin

Status

Re: 2011 Most Abysmal Wrestler Of The Year Discussion Thread

I'm struggling to think of worse than Mr Anderson given his position in the card. No redeeming qualities, awful promos for most of the year, some of the most boring matches of the year. He has been really bad this year, partly due to the booking of his character but mostly because he's just not good.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

For sheer self capitulation and the end of an era, I'm gunna go for Jeff Hardy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

Kingdom

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm also going with Anderson. He also seems to not put any effort in his introduction anymore. Which is a shame because that's one of the only reasons I started to take a liking to him in the WWE. He says he doesn't wanna be wrestling in 5 years. Well I say he shouldn't be wrestling in 2 years.

Abyss should also be in contention. But that's because he's Abyss and it's not 2004.

I AM UNTETHERED AND MY RAGE KNOWS NO BOUNDS

WAKE UP

Status

Anderson is a good answer. He is both a terrible, terrible wrestler and a truly obnoxious, insufferable pomo guy who thinks acting like a douchebag = charisma. LOL ASSHOLES, swearing is funny and badass!!

I'd also consider Kofi Kingston and Roderick Strong as the worst in their respective fields.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I'm strongly supportive of Roderick Strong being nominated. Just a God Awful indy main eventer (I know that isn't saying much). Terrible title matches, out-performed by a less-experienced Willie Mack, still a terrible promo guy.

Kingston still sucks for a mid-carder that keeps getting title credibility. I understand he's drawed for quite sometime, but he doesn't improve his weaknesses, and in 2011, has added much more ridiculousness (if your arm is hurting, why do your taunt and sell your taunt to worsen the damage of your arm?)

Anderson is a good answer. As is Sin Cara (inconsistent, enough of the excuses. Turned into a bad investment behind the scenes that only continues to to merch sales).
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    mx=Mexico

Sin Cara is incredible. I can't wait to see Sin Cara vs Sin Cara. The kids love him! My kid loves him!!! My kid is 2 and recognizes Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, Big Show, John Cena, Del Rio, and Kofi Kingston. The one that suprises me is Del Rio. The others I intentionally taught him but one day he saw Del Rio and just said "DEL RIIIIO" in his cute little 2 year old voice.

But back to Sin Cara. He's a freakin' superhero. A real life Superhero. He dives over the ropes and my kid goes "SUPERHERO FLYYYING!" It's great. He's there for the kids, not for internet smarks to debate his "workrate" IMHO.

He's far from abysmal, the dude just needs time to get used to the WWE style (Speaking of Mistico not Hunico).

Anyway again I would go for either or both of the Hardy Boyz. How the mighty have fallen. They are both absolute train wrecks, and I doubt either of them will be alive for another 3 years. That's being generous.

Status

No way does Matt Hardy deserve to be mentioned. As much of a douche he is, he carried TNA in the early months of the year and had some really good matches.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Yeah, Matt Hardy doesn't need to be in this discussion. Hardy was still solid for TNA in the early going of 2011. He was a pleasant surprise and paid off to be a good pick up until the middle of the year.Doesn't deserve the abysmal nod just because of this personal life.

And as I said with Cara, enough of the excuses. Granted he was rushed onto TV and put on a pedestal for money grubbing purposes, but (Mistico) was and is seemingly unwilling and inconsistent.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by N. Quincy Talent View Post
    I'm strongly supportive of Roderick Strong being nominated. Just a God Awful indy main eventer (I know that isn't saying much). Terrible title matches, out-performed by a less-experienced Willie Mack, still a terrible promo guy.
    No way should be be considered for this. Yes, he might be stale because he's in the main event so freakin much, but that doesn't make him an abysmal wrestler. Dude put on one of the best matches I've ever seen with Davey (yes, go ahead and say Davey carried him idc) at the TV taping a few weeks back. Loads of other title matches I've seen him in over the past couple of years have been good to decent at worst really. The only thing is that he's just ALWAYS there, which sucks. Wouldn't say as a wrestler he's abysmal though.

I do agree about Kingston though. Awful all the way around. This guy is starting to **** me off more than face Truth did about 1-3 years ago. Only thing he really doesn't do is come out singing. Instead, he just comes out flapping his arms to some Jamaican theme while being billed from Africa. That makes sense. Soooo boring.

Die By My Hand

Status

Anderson I never find his matches to be entertaining.

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

I will continue to include Matt Hardy in the discussion because he is abysmal. I'll list my points.

First off "carrying TNA" doesn't really count for much. If Matt and his huge burrito gut were carrying TNA, good for him. It's not a great accomplishment. Second he is a trainwreck, a huge mark for himself, a drug-using loser, and his best days were 10 years ago in the ring.

But sure let's leave that stuff out and discuss his wrestling alone. He's awful. I can't name one match I've enjoyed of his in the past 8-9 years. I'm sure he was the king of the trampoline wrestling back in the day, but he's an awful excuse for a wrestler.

Sin Cara is a phenomenal wrestler. I don't have "excuses", I have reasons why he is incredible. He can do things in that ring that no other WWE Superstar can. The kids love him, I love him. I am very eager to see Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio at WM28.

With my stance of trying to avoid TNA, I can't say any of those guys. Currently, I have to say Sin Cara. The guy has been a train wreck since day one. It wouldn't be so bad if he was a random lowcarder, but the WWE put in so much hype for one of the biggest stars of Mexico. The guy rarely could even hit his finisher or entrance correctly!

Status

His match against AJ Styles at Victory Road was better than any Sin Cara match, including the Daniel Bryan match.

WAKE UP

Status

I do kind of enjoy the irony of naming Hardy the king of trampoline wrestling then praising Mistico.

On Vacation

Status

To each their own, but this is a discussion thread right? I don't think my views should be cast aside with snarky remarks simply because someone is a huge mark for Burrito Gut Jones over there. Likewise I wouldn't discount out of hand anyone's opinions on Sin Cara. I get that a lot of nerds hate him but I love the guy.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertoDelRio View Post
    To each their own, but this is a discussion thread right? I don't think my views should be cast aside with snarky remarks simply because someone is a huge mark for Burrito Gut Jones over there. Likewise I wouldn't discount out of hand anyone's opinions on Sin Cara. I get that a lot of nerds hate him but I love the guy.
    Complains about snarky comments, calls other people nerds.

The comment was funny because Cara is the one who uses a trampoline.

On Vacation

Status

I haven't called anyone here a nerd, and if I had I don't think nerd is a negative thing. My wife is a nerd. She is smokin' hot. A smokin' hot nerd. No reason to get defensive. I respect your opinions, do the same for me.

Oh I getcha on the trampoline thing. I think using a trampoline for a completely kick-ass entrance is different than learning to wrestle on one.

~Phenomenal~

Status
      Country                    England

I STRONGLY agree with Mr Anderson, horrible matches, horrible promos, horrible storyline's and horrible swerves and turns. As much as Cara botches, I can still find his matches enjoyable. The last Anderson match I enjoyed was against Angle at lockdown 2010.

The Dude Abides

Status

I think I have to go with Abyss. Really, even his name plays into the title of the thread, Abyssmal. Look at everything he's done this year, all of it has been horrible. Everything Immortal has assigned him to do he's screwed up, he's jobbed out to Brian Kendrick on numerous occasions, he is generally crap in the ring, then they had that whole thing with him being obsessed with "The Art of War", they thought that somehow him having less teeth in his head would make him more "monster-like" and just made him look even more ridiculous, you can just keep going on and on with this guy. Hands down Abyss is the most Abysmal of the year IMO.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Thread Information