Thread: WWE Summerslam 2011 - Sheamus vs. Mark Henry

WWE Summerslam 2011 - Sheamus vs. Mark Henry

Sheamus vs. Mark Henry
    August 5, 2011

Announced exclusively on WWE.com, Mark Henry and Sheamus will collide at SummerSlam in a rivalry that has quickly grown more intense than the summer sun itself. But, will the fight of The Celtic Warrior be enough to overcome the meanest “Fella” in all the land?

Mark Henry’s recent rampage – over any and all that have gotten in his way – has sent shock waves throughout WWE. He took out the likes of Big Show, Kane, Vladimir Kozlov and even a WWE sound technician who fell onto his dangerous radar. It seems that Henry derives pleasure not just with defeating his opponents, but by destroying them completely. And as a result of his enraged attacks, not only is a lawsuit pending against him, but SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long can no longer find Superstars willing to meet him in the ring.

That was until the fierce Sheamus decided to pick a fight with The World’s Strongest Man. On the July 29 edition of SmackDown, the Irish grappler laid down the gauntlet of battle, shocking the WWE Universe by slapping The World’s Largest Athlete. He then dropped from the top rope to avoid Henry’s charge and sent the enraged Superstar plummeting to the ringside floor.

No one can deny that Sheamus has a great love for battle, fused with a brutal nature that is sure to give him an incredible match against the infuriated Henry. But whether the luck of the Irish will allow him to triumph over his massive adversary at The Biggest Event of the Summer remains to be seen.

Find out who will emerge from the ultimate battle of the brawlers at SummerSlam, Sunday, Aug. 14 at 8/5 PT, only on pay-per-view.

Learn more about The Celtic Warrior's feelings towards his enraged SummerSlam foe in the WWE.com Exclusive, "It's an Irish thing."
    Oddly, I have some hope for this match. The key is to just keep a fast pace, even if it means restricting the match to a short amount of time. As long as the action never comes to a grinding halt, it should be fine.

Status

Re: WWE Summerslam 2011 - Sheamus vs. Mark Henry

Like you said, "oddly enough", I'm really looking forward to this. Never though I'd say that about a Henry match, but his character over the past couple months has been terrific, perhaps the best of his career. Not to mention Sheamus' decent heel turn, especially since they desperately needed another face alongside Orton. Pumped for this.

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Henry's match with Show at MITB was pretty good and they kept a fast pace, so I think this will be good as well, and Sheamus is a good worker. Henry's been stellar as of late.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Henry is good, Sheamus is great, this should be loads of fun. It really feels like a battle of bulls here and I'm really curious to see how Sheamus works as a face.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status
      Country                    England

they've got an interesting decision to make here about who to put over, at the moment i'd place my money on Sheamus, but Henry's been built like a beast for months. Hard one to call atm.

Summerslam is shaping up very nicely.

Cider 'I' Up

Status

Looking forward to this if there is one person who WWE can make badder then Henry on smackdown it's Sheamus without a doubt hopeSheamus wins also.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    they've got an interesting decision to make here about who to put over, at the moment i'd place my money on Sheamus, but Henry's been built like a beast for months. Hard one to call atm.

Summerslam is shaping up very nicely.
    I agree. When I first thought of this match, I figured Sheamus would go over since he just turned and I would think they would want to give him some momentum, but they have built up Henry like such a beast these past few months. Possible DQ ending maybe?

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I would love a Double DQ or Countout if it was done properly. I think it could really work here.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Shockmaster View Post
    I would love a Double DQ or Countout if it was done properly. I think it could really work here.
    As long as it leads to a four way for the title next month before the inevitable Orton/Christian cell match, Henry needs to win this feud to establish him as serious contender for Orton.

CM Punk Mark

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Im excited to see how this match will play out. I think it'll be a DQ finish however i won't be surprised if Sheamus wins.

Thread Information