Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Post McMahon Era"

People's Champion

Status

The "Post McMahon Era"

Recently on Monday Night Raw we saw the storyline removal of power to Vince McMahon and now the power lies in the hands of Hunter.

What do you see happening in storyline now that Hunter is in charge? Do you expect the product to take a more edgier appeal to it? Will they call him Chairmen Triple H or Hunter? Maybe Paul? Do you see Vince being on TV or was this the way they he wrote himself off TV?

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: The "Post McMahon Era"

They'll refer to him as Triple H i think.

But I hope he does some switch in programming.

Maybe have Raw as TV14 (L,V, D) and have SmackDown as TVPG (V,D) and maybe also make the brands more unique. As for other situations maybe he'll try to demand that CM Punk gives the title back. Or maybe he wil come up with a new WWE Championship or uneviel the old championship from 2005, the one before Cena introduced his title.

Squash Fodder

Status

all i can say is i hope there is no more tears

To be serious they really need to do something very very big with this. After MITB I was so pumped to watch Raw. I viewed it on a live feed from the internet (don't have it live in Australia) and I could not have been more disappionted!!!

HHH will have to do something massive to make this angle work for me. He should have Pedigreed Vince and told the fans how Raw was going to change under him.

I would go on how upset I am about the tournment they did put this isnt the subject on here

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by CheekyPint View Post

To be serious they really need to do something very very big with this. After MITB I was so pumped to watch Raw. I viewed it on a live feed from the internet (don't have it live in Australia) and I could not have been more disappionted!!!

HHH will have to do something massive to make this angle work for me. He should have Pedigreed Vince and told the fans how Raw was going to change under him.

I would go on how upset I am about the tournment they did put this isnt the subject on here
    What did you really expect from RAW? The champ's contract was up, he shouldn't in no way been on RAW, not only would that be a slap in the face to the fans but also kill Punk's character who was adamant about leaving the company as soon as his contract ran up. HHH pedigreeing Vince? Are you serious? That would have made no logical sense at all. And the tournament was a great idea, just it could have been executed much better.

Anyway this "Post McMahon Era" I really don't see much changing. Vince is still in charge of WWE, he just won't be on TV and HHH will hopefully take his place as a "CEO" character. I don't see Vince being on TV that much if any. Anyway maybe HHH will work hard on getting Punk back possibly building to a match at Summerslam with Punk vs. Cena or Alberto Del Rio. Maybe we'll get a HHH vs. Punk feud but with HHH kind of being in the Vince role and Punk playing SCSA's role.

If you're complaining or scared about WWE fucking this thing up, relax it's only been one week. And writing off Vince and replacing him with HHH is HUGE in itself. Punk will probably keep up what he's doing on Twitter and appearances..TMZ...ESPN. Until he's brought back somehow either facing a "Paper" Champion or whatever.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BackBone View Post
    They'll refer to him as Triple H i think.

But I hope he does some switch in programming.

Maybe have Raw as TV14 (L,V, D) and have SmackDown as TVPG (V,D) and maybe also make the brands more unique. As for other situations maybe he'll try to demand that CM Punk gives the title back. Or maybe he wil come up with a new WWE Championship or uneviel the old championship from 2005, the one before Cena introduced his title.
    How would any of that make the shows better?

Free Agent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CheekyPint View Post
    Same here. I hope they leave that bad daytime soap opera stuff alone. But that's just me.

I'm not going to go into it again, but read some other threads to know how I feel they handled this last Monday night.

Going forward, I think they have to change up Triple H's character. I don't think they should refer to him as Triple H (at least not officially). Call him Paul Lévesque or at least Hunter Helmsley. Refer to him as Mr. Helmsley or Mr. Levesgue. If you want it to feel "real", then make it sound more realistic. No CEO will ever be know as "Triple H".

If it were me, I would refer to him simply as Mr. Helmsley now (or perhaps Chairman Hemsley). Call him Triple H when he wrestles, but Mr. Helmsley when he is portraying the acting CEO. It simply makes more sense, in my opinion.

As for the direction, it depends. Change always happens slowly, if at all. Vince is still legitimately the CEO and the MAN in the WWE. Until that changes, then I can't see massive changes happening anytime soon.

Status

I don't see much changing. Possibly the GM will be revealed, but I am not expecting much to change. Who knows.

On Vacation

Status

Absolutely phenomenal stuff last night with Vince and Trips. Completely unexpected and I enjoyed it immensely. Between Punk's title win and this - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEEN TELEVISED! Wild stuff!

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by XxPunkxX View Post
    How would any of that make the shows better?
    If they do those changes to the programming then the writers can write better storylines and angles instead of sticking to the only PG guidelines, I am thats half the reason that they can't think of a storyline is because of the PG rating.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BackBone View Post
    If they do those changes to the programming then the writers can write better storylines and angles instead of sticking to the only PG guidelines, I am thats half the reason that they can't think of a storyline is because of the PG rating.
    No. There is actually very little difference between TV-PG and TV-14. It's that for the most part the writing team probably sucks or are too controlling. Just look at this Punk storyline. WWE is very capable of producing good tv and the PG rating has nothing to do with it. So blaming bad TV on a TV rating is stupid and just dumb. Now if WWE went to a TV-G rating that's when there would be HUGE problems but that would never happen.

Young Gunz

Status
      Country                    United States

I honestly don't really feel as though their will be much of a change with Vince "no longer the CEO" and Triple H as the "CEO". I just feel like this was a good little way to write the Vince McMahon character of TV for a little while. We already saw Triple H as the "CEO" of the WWE basically during the McMahon-Helmsley faction era back in the 90's. The only difference between then and now is no DX and the programming is PG. I will say though that I'm interested as to were this story line goes.

On Vacation

Status

Triple H is going to make all the IWC's wet dreams come through. Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk Title Unification at WrestleMania 28

Dont you wish you were me

Status

HHH will probably renegotiate with Punk now. Punk will be more reasonable with Vince gone, and it's a smart way to get him back on tv. But Punk should have an "untouchable" clause where he pretty much has the run of the roost so to speak. He can do whatever and say whatever without consequence. HHH will agree just to get him back, and it automatically leads to an edgier product as Punk pushes the line further. Because of that, the rest of the roster will adapt and become edgier as well.

Perhaps HHH will have a more wrestling oriented program as well. More focus on the in ring action as opposed to McMahons "sports entertainment" garbage. Also, Punk could end up foiling HHH at every turn. HHH will slowly lose patience, and this could lead to a good feud, ala SCSA/McMahon.

Also, HHH could become super heel. If he announces that this was his doing all along. He married into the family simply with the goal of taking over. He sucked up to Vince simply for the goal of taking over. He ran Shane out of the business, he bad mouthed Vince to the board, and he convinced everyone that Vince needed to be replaced. Now that his goal is accomplished, he can act like a prick tyrant. Bring in Pac and Nash, and do all the old DX stuff, but this time with no one standing in his way. Crap all over the talent, make himself the untouchable world champ, and run rough shot over the E (NWO style). For example, he could call off the Rey/Miz match and declare himself champ. Punk would come back as the hero trying to stop HHH, but he's in charge. How do you stop that? This could lead to really good tv if done right. And I have high hopes. The product has been much better as of late.
    They're Here!!

Cider 'I' Up

Status
      Country                    England

I reckon Hunter will make RAW a good place no doubt like people are saying bringing CM Punk back to TV is a great new way and this can pan out so many different ways with Vince gone i think this is an OK storyline for the time being as we will see in the coming weeks what Triple H can bring to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.

Backyarder

Status

One thing is for certain, I hope with Hunter being in charge, I hope he debuts a new championship belt. The belt that they've used for hte past few years has Cena's gimmick written all over it, and seeing it on guys like HHH and Edge really didn't fit at all. In fact, I think that belt is looks like a toy with no credibility at all.

""WWE Champ"? Seriously, get rid of the damn thing.

Cider 'I' Up

Status

I agree with getting rid of the current WWE championship belt design maybe have one simuler you the Attitude Era that was an epic WWE championship not just that Vince's era has come to an end for time being on TV so maybe debut the Hunter era with a new championship design.

Runaway Train.

Status

Stephanie will indubitably worm her way back into programming, and will probably be revealed as GM. Again.
    I am here to stir things up. I'm here to make Friday Night SmackDown! the Monday Night RAW of Friday nights!

Backyarder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Neon View Post
    Stephanie will indubitably worm her way back into programming, and will probably be revealed as GM. Again.
    Which is fine by me as long as she looks good and her huge tits are all over the place.

Cider 'I' Up

Status

I would love to see Stephanie back on TV loved her character during the attitude era i actually love this story line so meany roots WWE can go down with this and i hope they choose a good one which is long lasting and entertaining.

Free Agent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MachoMan4Ever View Post
    Triple H is going to make all the IWC's wet dreams come through. Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk Title Unification at WrestleMania 28
    So, since you are a member of the "IWC" (you are a fan with a computer and internet access), then this must be your "wet dream" as well. Just sayin'.

Not only would I change up Triple H's character when it comes to his name, I would also change his look a bit. This isn't Triple H the wrestler, this is the acting Chairman of the Board. If it were me, I would call him Mr. or Chairman Helmsley. Obviously he should wear suits, but I would take it a bit further. I think he should be clean shaven as acting Chairman. I'll stop short of saying he should get a haircut (although I wouldn't be against it).

So call him Mr. or Chairman Helmsley, have him wear suits all the time, have him be clean shaven and at least wear the hair pulled back (perhaps even cut). He can't be "The Game" anymore. Not while he is Chairman. Make it realistic. And please GOD, no more "I Love You Pop" stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information