Status
      Country                    us=United States

Extreme Rules If smarks ran the WWE

1. CM Punk would be on his 3 straight year as WWE Champion
    2. John Cena would be moonlighting as a waiter at Denny's
    3. Randy Orton would be the top jobber in the company
    4. Trent Baretta would be a 17 time world champion all in one year
    5. Triple H would be headlining Chikara Pro Wrestling's Mid Card division

Sometimes we give the WWE writers a hard time. I mean they aren't doing a great job, but any other run of the mill fan wouldn't be much better. I'm thankful at the very least these guys are pumping out stuff for me to be entertained by every week even if the quality has been noticeably lower than in earlier years. Not to say this is an excuse, but still. Give credit were credit is due.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Re: If smarks ran the WWE

What's so special about Trent Baretta?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

WAKE UP

Status

IF SMARKS RAN WWE CM PUNK WOULD BE CUTTING SHOOT PROMOS ON VINCE ON RAW

OH SHIT

WWE Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh. View Post
    I kid you not, I've heard on previous forums that he's one of the greatest high fliers of all time.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    United States

17 time World Champion? Good lord. I like Trent but not that much to book him having 17 title reigns IN A YEAR. Maybe in the span of 2 decades, sure.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by StylezClash316 View Post
    I kid you not, I've heard on previous forums that he's one of the greatest high fliers of all time.
    Then take that complaint there - I doubt anyone here gives a fuck.

WWE Champion

Status

Don't get me wrong, this thread isn't a complaint. It was just simply me expressing what I think would happen if a typical fan ran the company.

If wrestling bookers/writers ran the WWE:

1. An elderly woman would give birth to a hand
    2. The World Heavyweight Champion would hump a fake body in a casket
    3. The owner would pull out various objects out of his long time "Commentators" ass in a mockery of a real life surgery
    4. An Olympic gold medalist would go around trying to rape another wrestler's wife
    5. We'd repeatedly see the attempted death of a senior referee weeks after the real life death of a beloved wrestler
    ---

Thank God wrestling isn't booked by bookers/writers, eh?

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh. View Post
    He does a beautiful springboard tornado DDT. He's fun on the microphone. He has a lot of charm/charisma. He's a decent baby face and a great heel. His work in FCW was very good. His work in ECW was very good. His work on Smackdown is good but he hasn't really had a much of a chance to shine, except for on Superstars maybe.

In short, he's a good wrestler who could bring more to the table if they wanted him to.
    [save]

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    He does a beautiful springboard tornado DDT. He's fun on the microphone. He has a lot of charm/charisma. He's a decent baby face and a great heel. His work in FCW was very good. His work in ECW was very good. His work on Smackdown is good but he hasn't really had a much of a chance to shine, except for on Superstars maybe.

In short, he's a good wrestler who could bring more to the table if they wanted him to.
    I'm sure he's all of the above, but I've never heard anyone go nuts for him to put him in the same level of smark discussion as the rest of the people he named.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

God

Status

Zack Ryder would have made more sense than Trent Baretta for this type of thing.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    That is true of probably 75% of the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Zack Ryder would have made more sense than Trent Baretta for this type of thing.
    Absolutely. But I don't think I've seen even the most hardcore Ryder fan claim he should be world champion...
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Free Agent

Status

Sometimes we give the WWE writers a hard time. I mean they aren't doing a great job, but any other run of the mill fan wouldn't be much better. I'm thankful at the very least these guys are pumping out stuff for me to be entertained by every week even if the quality has been noticeably lower than in earlier years. Not to say this is an excuse, but still. Give credit were credit is due.
    Just so we are clear, you are also a smart mark. To me, being a long time, loyal wrestling fan who enjoys talking about and debating others about pro wrestling online isn't a bad thing. Sports fans do it in larger numbers, and yet they aren't thought of a "marks". Fans of TV shows do this all the time as well.

My point is, it's unfair to put all "internet wrestling fans" and "smarks" in a box. We all have different ideas on what is good and what isn't, on what we want and like.

-I wouldn't want Punk to have a 3 yr long WWE title run. Half a year will do fine.
    -I like Orton, just not as perpetual champ and not as a babyface.
    -I think Cena should be a main eventer, just not as a squeaky clean babyface. I loved his heel work in OVW as John Cena - The Protoype for the perfect man.
    -I'm not high on Trent Beretta
    -I think Triple H should now be used only as an attraction and not an everyday wrestler. I like the role he currently has as occasional wrestler/talent development exec.

I'm sure you didn't mean to put all "smarks" and "internet fans" in a box. I just dislike the notion that we are all the same.

WWE Champion

Status

You sound exactly like me. I didn't want to put everyone in there, heck I'll be the first to admit all I do is watch wrestling after I come home from work. I'm probably a bigger smark than anyone here. I'm just one of those weird kids that doesn't like all the mainstream guys. Life for example:
    I prefer spot monkeys to technical clinics
    I can enjoy a match from the 1950's
    I think watching paint dry is more interesting than CM Punk (I'm really vocal on this one)
    I like John Cena (I admit it, it's more fun to boo him)

On Vacation

Status

1. CM Punk would be on his 3 straight year as WWE Champion
    2. John Cena would be moonlighting as a waiter at Denny's
    3. Randy Orton would be the top jobber in the company
    4. Trent Baretta would be a 17 time world champion all in one year
    5. Triple H would be headlining Chikara Pro Wrestling's Mid Card division

Smarks couldnt do any worse then what is going on in the stale WWE right now.

CM Punk should be a main event attraction way over Randy Orton, Punk is a better wrestler and way better on the mic.
    Cena should be back to his rapper heel gimmic he was way more entertaining back then. Neither Orton or Cena should be champ since they dont need the belt to get over.

TB is a nobody but they should really being pushing Evan Bourne, he could be huge star but the WWE jobs him out which is a sin.
    HHH is done, he should just be wrestling here and there, his time is past.

The WWE new fresh blood at the top. Some names that come to mind are Daniel Bryan and like I said Evan Bourne.
    Also Dolph should be pushed to the next level. He is world champ material for sure. They also need to stop making the Miz look weak, he should never be losing to Alex Riley, AR has not even paid his dues yet, plus he sucks. Also Del Rio is one of their best heels, he should def be getting the title very soon. One of the few things they are doing right is making Truth heel, that guy is great in small doses, as long as he doesnt go more than 10 mins on the mic, he is gold.

Zack Ryder should have his own pipers pit type show, that would be gold.

The biggest thing they need to change is to fire all of their announcers and get new blood and people that actually know wrestling.
    SD makes you just want to mute all the matches and not even listen. Raw is getting pretty close to that as well.

IF i had may way i would bring back Joey Styles to commentate.
    Last edited by jericho2k; 07-14-2011 at 07:05 PM.

WAKE UP

Status

Uh, Punk is a main eventer.

And Cena going back to a mid-card gimmick at this point would be both lame and stupid.

WWE has done a very, very good job of pushing new stars over the last several years.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Uh, Punk is a main eventer.

And Cena going back to a mid-card gimmick at this point would be both lame and stupid.

WWE has done a very, very good job of pushing new stars over the last several years.
    Cena heel is way better than Hulk Cena that uses his 3rd grade humor and appeals to kids.
    You cant tell me you like the PG Cena over the heel Cena? Do you even remember how good Cenas promos used to be? Hell just go back to look at his WM Promo about the rock that was PG 13, that was one of his best promos in years at that point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2RF3...eature=related

And how is Punk not a main eventer, the best thing in the WWE at the moment has been the summer of punk 2.0
    His "shoot" promo on raw was by far the best promo in the WWE since the attitude era.
    Last edited by jericho2k; 07-14-2011 at 07:15 PM.

A Big Ball of fuNNN

Status

I've liked Trent since his great matches with Curt Hawkins and when I saw him take that big bump against Drew McIntyre live, but one of the greatest high fliers of all time? Really? At most, I'd put him somewhere near the Intercontinental Championship, same thing goes for Zack Ryder with the United States Championship.

I like a good spotfest every now and then but I'm balanced when it comes to that, other times I wanna see a Daniel Bryan caliber match.

WAKE UP

Status

I think you might want to re-read. I said Punk is a main eventer, after you implied that he isn't.

And I didn't say I liked poop-joke Cena, I said going back to a mid-card gimmick from 2003 would be stupid and lame. If Cena was to go heel or get a revamp, something that is actually fresh would be the way to go.

Established Veteran

Status

I think if the IWC or the Smarks ran the WWE it would have folded by now, and nothing would ever get done.

Politics would create issues behind the scenes that carried over to live television (which isn't too far off from where we are now).

Only the talent that the Smarks deemed fit would get a shot which means that there would be 20 guys going for the same title because no one could make up their minds on who deserves a shot as everyone was pulling for their personal favorites and stonewalled anyone with an idea contrary to their own.

Guys like Randy Orton, Triple H, and John Cena would be out of work because they don't look like average joe's who decided to put on tights and act like they are way tougher than they really are in an attempt to act out their fantasies of beating the shit out the people who used to bully them, and that they never had the balls to face.

Storylines would become irrelevant as wrestling was the only valued commodity in the business. They would only circulate around who was making the best internet videos, deeming said individual as worthy for top billing and title matches.

Development would consist of having guys type their promos and post them on boards for critiquing from the all knowing IWC.

There would be a new stable every week that then folds the next week giving birth to another new stable that folds shortly thereafter. After a short period of time when the smarks decided they were bored with them and they weren't making any money, they would all disband and there would be no stables for a long period of time, until "creative" found a couple guys they liked and wanted to see in another stable that would also disband prematurely due to boredom from the creative staff.

Finally, a stable called IWC (Internet Wrestling Coalition) would be formed in the wake of the previously outlined events to pay homage to the internet wrestling community. This stable would dominate the company in the fashion of the nWo but never fold and become the real brass of WWE.

Bryan Danielson would be named WWE champion for life, only until someone else from the indy circuit was brought in to be made champion for life over BD after the Smarks decided he had become stale as champion after a couple weeks.

There would be upwards of 15 titles in the company(WWE, WHC, U.S., IC, European, Mexican, Japanese, cruiserweight, light heavyweight, hardcore, wwe tag, world tag, television, undisputed, pure, junior light cruiser heavyweight, heavy light junior world hardcore, east and west super hardcore european heavyweight and light heavyweight title, etc....)

Vince McMahon would be one of those vendors who carries a big cooler around their neck selling beer and soda to the people in the stands.

Stephanie McMahon would be a pole dancer with Vickie Guerrero opposite her on the other site of the entrance ramp.

The first "Steroids on a Pole" match would take place.

The IWC and Smarks would actually find a way to bring back Eddie Guerrero, Mr. Perfect, Owen Hart, and many of our other wrestlers who have passed, and put them in a stable called "Immortal"

Last but not least, WWE would be renamed Ring of Honor.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information