Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The WC Juke Box

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Re: The WC Juke Box

"Rumour Mill" - We Are The In Crowd

Just checking out Kerrang.com for music news to update the Room and came across this "video". It's just a speech bubble with the lyrics in time with the music, but apparently it's the official clip for the song... Weird. Still the songs pretty fun and bouncy, so can't complain.

"I don't think you wanna see what's underneath your made up version of me"

6/10

For fans of: Paramore, Motion City Soundtrack, Blink 182, pop-punk, female vocals

Status
      Country                    United States

Gorillaz-The Fall

Seriously one of my favorite musical projects ever. Damon Albarn is a freakin' genius. I love that he took time to write songs while performing on tour to promote the last album, only to release those songs later as an album itself. Everything is a lot more electronic, instrumental, and more chill than usual. Some of the songs are also more off beat and random than his previous work.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

"Eulogy" by Frank Turner

I talk about Frank a lot, and that's because he's recently taken over Counting Crows, Metallica, Foo Fighters and a whole host of others in my Top Ten to become my very favourite artists on this planet. I adore him and this track, the opener to his most recent album; "England Keep My Bones" is a short but beautiful burst of brilliance. I'm actually listening to the whole album and have listened to "Peggy Sang The Blues" and "I Still Believe" (which is playing right now) while I logged onto dubC and typred this.

"At least I ****ing tried"

For fans of: Chuck Ragan, Against Me, music, change, revolution.

▐▐▐

Status

Don't really know what to add since I can't say I know much about them yet. It is the result of what I constantly do on iTunes. Start with an album from a group I like and then start going through the what other people who bought this have bought albums or albums of those albums. Then take chances on the blind buys unless I really hate the sound of the preview clips. In this case the starting point was Paramore. Versaemerge, Hey Monday, Automatic Loveletter, Kenotia, My Arcadia, One Star Story, Renfue, Stellate & She Screams Remedy were the previous result of the Paramore path. Also tipped me off to new The Material and Flyleaf releases but knew of both of them from Rock Band. Darling Parade also joined the Paramore path list with Blameshift. Best way to discover new music IMO
    Last edited by JT Grizzle; 09-04-2011 at 08:05 AM.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

M83 - Midnight City

Awesome to see the return of Anthony Gonzalez and company with their fifth studio album, Hurry Up We're Dreaming due in October. Gonzales has finally wrapped up film scoring and epic touring to drop this super catchy, imaginative, and vibrant first single off of the much anticipated Hurry Up We're Dreaming. Although I'm not huge on electronic pop, I consider M83 a very underrated act.

My favorite dream weaving getaway track, and quite the track to conclude Summer '11. Dig this newer track of M83 and go induldge more M83 in your life.

For fans of: College radio, indietronica, Matt & Kim, The Strokes, Morgan Kibby, saxophones, ambience, creativity, Gooom Disques, new wave
    Last edited by JT Grizzle; 09-04-2011 at 08:07 AM.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoff360 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by N. Quincy Talent View Post
    I've removed the videos in favour of links... As it says in the opening post, videos are for the Video section, but links are fine.

▐▐▐

Status

[/CENTER]

I've removed the videos in favour of links... As it says in the opening post, videos are for the Video section, but links are fine.
    Yeah read that before I posted and almost didn't embed it but in the end I figured a still image isn't a video and viewed it as an audio clip instead.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoff360 View Post
    Yeah read that before I posted and almost didn't embed it but in the end I figured a still image isn't a video and viewed it as an audio clip instead.
    Put it this way... Links to videos and audio clips are fine, but the actual video or audio clip is not.

It might change in the future, but I'm trying to make this thread about discussion and debate as much as recommendation or a listening post for the time being. It's clearly not as popular as the old "Currently Listening..." thread, but that was always going to be the case when that thread gave people the opportunity to spam to their hearts content without actually discussing what they were listening to.

It's interesting to look at those who were massive "contributors" to that thread, and see that they haven't posted once in here at all.

This being an internet forum for discussion, you'd think that those using it would actually want to discuss some stuff...

Anyway, that's besides the point as those who have posted in here so far, clearly aren't the people I'm talking about. My point is that while I can see the benefit of allowing videos or audio clips to be included in posts, for now I'm against it, purely as I see it as distracting from discussion as much as it contributes to it.

Gamblin' With Souls

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Drive-By Truckers - Women Without Whiskey.

One of my all-time favourite bands, for sure. Although you could suggest their sound has elements of alt-country, southern rock etc. I think they've really carved out their own sound. Outstanding songwriters and storytellers

"Take me piece by piece, 'till there ain't nothing left worth taking away fro me"

For fans of: Hmm... The Replacements, Lucero, eh... don't know.

Better than Perfect

Status
      Country                    nz=New Zealand

'Do It Again' by Steely Dan.

This is a song about a person who has an addiction he can't free himself of. No matter what he does, he'll go "back, jack, [and] do it again". It's a vicious cycle ("wheel turning round and round"). Right now, I'm procrastinating, by posting on here, watching random YouTube clips, and reading TV Tropes, while I'm really meant to be writing an essay. I've been in this predicament for quite a few nights now. This song is becoming more and more relatable.

For fans of early '70s acts like Steely Dan, Santana, Steve Miller Band, and Chicago.
    Last edited by Cam Dog; 09-14-2011 at 08:41 AM.
    Yeah... nah.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Amy Winehouse & Tony Bennett - "Body & Soul"

The new release from recently deceased jazz lady, it's a collaboration with the leg-end that is the mighty, might Tony Bennett, and the more and more I listen to it, the more and more it sounds like a timeless classic. Bennett is his usual smooth self, and Amy's voice sounds stunning and back to top form after years of abuse.

“My heart is sad and lonely, for you I sigh, for you dear only”

7/10

For fans of: Amy Winehouse, Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, blues, jazz, lounge, films about Las Vegas in the fifties...

stressed but chillin

Status

Wale- The Kramer

I just downloaded Wale's mixtape titled "The Mixtape About Nothing". A pretty awesome tape in my opinion. I don't listen to a whole lot of him until recently, but his songs on here I'm really liking.

Good substance within his songs and this tape and I highly recommend it.

Spoiler:

Established Veteran

Status

Breaking Benjamin - Hopeless

Hopeless is on Breaking Benjamin's Dear Agony album. I recommend any of Breaking Benjamin's albums (We Are Not Alone, Saturate, Phobia, Dear Agony) to any Rock fan. Breaking Benjamin is one of the few bands where I like every song by them.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Gym Class Heroes - "Shoot Down The Stars"

I'm thinking of going to see GCH at the beginning of October (with London's own Skints, who are amazing) so I'm channeling my inner homie, head-bobbing and body popping. May have to partake in some of this live.

For fans of: hip-hop, Fall Out Boy, Atmosphere, Travey McCoy, Fuelled By Raman records, B.o.B., punk rock.

Rise Against - "The First Drop"

Song just changed... God, I love this band. Another band, I'm hoping to get tickets for this year. November.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Dan Andriano In The Emergency Room - "Let Me In"

Dan Andiano is the bassist from Alkaline Trio and ...In The Emergency Room is his acoustic based, folk-y, side project. I saw him play this years Revival Tour with Dave Hause, Chuck Ragan and Brian Fallon, and while his set was the weakest of the four, he was still great. I prefer this side of him, than his Alk3 songs.

“It's an ugly world where beautiful doesn't mean much of anything”

7/10

For fans of: Alkaline Trio, Frank Turner, Chuck Ragan, Dave Hause, Brian Fallon.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Against Me! - We Did It All For Don

From "The Acoustic E.P". Anyway I was recently introduced to this band by a friend and am falling in love with several of their songs this being one of them. Just heard it for the first time and I haven't stopped listening to it yet. I'm on my 5+ listen. The lyrics and the way Tom Gabel sings them is just really powerful and beautiful.

I'm not totally sure what I would recommend fans of other bands but it's safe to say anyone a fan of Punk bands would probably more likely enjoy the song and the band.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Against Me are supporting Frank Turner when he tours in November and I am so looking forward to it. I've only really heard "Re-inventing Axl Rose" all the way through, but everything I've heard by them makes me feel like I'd love them so I'll definitely be checking them out before the show.

I'm sure I've seen them live before, but at this point I've seen that many bands that it's hard to remember all but the very best, so I'll forgive myself if I've forgotten.

Internet Favorite

Status

Against Me are supporting Frank Turner when he tours in November and I am so looking forward to it. I've only really heard "Re-inventing Axl Rose" all the way through, but everything I've heard by them makes me feel like I'd love them so I'll definitely be checking them out before the show.

I'm sure I've seen them live before, but at this point I've seen that many bands that it's hard to remember all but the very best, so I'll forgive myself if I've forgotten.
    That sounds great. I actually just listening to Frank Turner after looking back and seeing you posting Eulogy. I've only got around to his most recent album so far but I really enjoy what I have listened to so far. And yea while I was checking out more of Against Me I was checking out their tour and they were all over see for the time being. Turner is over here a bit, but he's hitting major cities not really close to me. Would be awesome to see one or both of them eventually live.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

2 Pac - "Me Against The World"

It's 2 Pac. Who doesn't know who he is and what he's all about. I really love his style of hip-hop and his lyrics are, nine times out of ten, excellent.

8/10

For fans of: Public Enemy, Eminem, Nas, hip-hop, rap, Dr. Dre, NWA, Ugly Duckling, Jay-Z, Notorious B. I. G.

Quote Originally Posted by Lghikas View Post
    That sounds great. I actually just listening to Frank Turner after looking back and seeing you posting Eulogy. I've only got around to his most recent album so far but I really enjoy what I have listened to so far. And yea while I was checking out more of Against Me I was checking out their tour and they were all over see for the time being. Turner is over here a bit, but he's hitting major cities not really close to me. Would be awesome to see one or both of them eventually live.
    Frank's not really broke America yet, so it makes sense for him to just visit the major cities at first and hope that he builds a fan base from that. Personally, I can see him supporting Against Me next time they're out on the road in America, plus their are other bands that (from that) will pick up on him and take him out with them. He seems to love touring, and being good friends with Fat Mike from NOFX and a huge punk fan, I see him going out there more and more.

His sound is distinctly English, so I'm not sure whether it'll translate to mainstream success in America, but I think he'll carve himself a nice little niche which will serve him well when he does visit.

His newest album is possibly my favourite, but I do flip-flop between that and "Love, Ire, & Song", so I'd recommend checking that out next. I'm not sure how easy it'll be for you to find a download of it though to be honest.

Internet Favorite

Status

The Black Pacific - The System

First track off their debut self-title album. Music project from former Pennywise vocalist Jim Lindberg. Along with Lindberg is former Dropkick Murphy guitarist Marc Orrell. Wasn't overly impressed with this song but was impressed none the left and it has beginning to grow on me, along with a few other songs from them. And I believe they have already been working on a second album.

For Fans Of: I would say Pennywise, if you are interested in seeing what Lindberg has been up to after departing from Pennywise. Rise Against, Dropkick Murphys, Punk/Alternative Rock.

Frank's not really broke America yet, so it makes sense for him to just visit the major cities at first and hope that he builds a fan base from that. Personally, I can see him supporting Against Me next time they're out on the road in America, plus their are other bands that (from that) will pick up on him and take him out with them. He seems to love touring, and being good friends with Fat Mike from NOFX and a huge punk fan, I see him going out there more and more.

His sound is distinctly English, so I'm not sure whether it'll translate to mainstream success in America, but I think he'll carve himself a nice little niche which will serve him well when he does visit.

His newest album is possibly my favourite, but I do flip-flop between that and "Love, Ire, & Song", so I'd recommend checking that out next. I'm not sure how easy it'll be for you to find a download of it though to be honest.
    Yea I wasn't really expecting much but at the time I was checking Against Me as well and just did a quick search for him while I was looking. I agree with you 100% about him having him own little niche. I personally I haven't heard anything/much like the sound he has made for himself. Now I probably haven't listened to a whole lot of music compared to other people.

That was the next album I plan on checking out. I'm not worried about finding it. Right now this thing called Spotify just came out for FB which has over 13 million tracks and has now been my primary source for listening to music. Which with a quick look has most if not all of his albums and even some EPs as well. Which as been awesome for me, especially when it comes finding and listening to some of lesser known bands/musicians that I listen to and/or look up.

Thread Information