Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The WC Juke Box

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The WC Juke Box

Locust
    Machine Head

MH have been around quite awhile, kind of a groove/thrash band.

"Down, they come, the swarm of locusts. Skies, above, converge to choke us."

For fans of: Pantera and Metallica

I'd give it a 9/10.

Spoiler:

Kingdom

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Really?

I've always thought Durst had a really good singing voice for a guy whose bread is buttered with bad rapping.
    Yeah bro, I don't know what it was but him holding a tune like that in the hook was just not appealing to me.

------------------------------------------------

Yonkers
    Tyler, The Creator

Out-stand-ing!!!! Tyler's voice is so interesting and unique. He mentions his dad in this song and how he's never known him but he's probably just like him "a mother-fucking Goblin". If you're a fan of Jesus Christ, don't listen to this song or any song from Odd Future.

"Jesus called, he said he's sick of the disses, I told him to quit bitchin' this isn't a fucking hotline"

10/10

I AM UNTETHERED AND MY RAGE KNOWS NO BOUNDS

Do you know me?

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I can't get "Arizona" by Kings of Leon out of my head.

Simply an amazing song. Very few artists can get away with a song not rhyming, and Kings of Leon did just that with this song. I don't just like it because of the title, but since the title is named after my home state, which I represent and support completely and soulfully, makes it a bit more meaningful to me. Not very many songs even mention, let alone being named after, Arizona. My favorite song at the moment.

4 3/4 stars.

I stick to the classic 5* system.
    Last edited by JT Grizzle; 07-20-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

It says no videos, because we have a section for videos Muffin...

-----------

"The Girl" - City & Colour

I was listening to it before I went on lunch and I cannot get it out of my head. It reminds me of an ex of mine who I have no ill feeling toward at all anymore, and not because of the lyrics, just because at the time I was listening to "Bring Me Your Love (the album this song is from) all the time. I'm going to see C&C in October and I'm listening to anything Dallas Green has touched in preparation. He has the voice of an angel.

"If you were to leave and fulfill someone else's dreams,
    I think I might be totally lost"

7.5/10

For fans of: acoustic indie, acoustic folk, Damien Rice, Frank Turner, Alexisonfire

Alan Rickman

Status

Cryogenica
    Annotations of an Autopsy
    The Reign of Darkness

I'll give this track a 9/10. I really, really like it. It has a great sound to it, I just think it needs to have a little more technique thrown into the song. The song just has too many -core elements in it. I'd prefer if they went back to the sound of their earliest EP. That was straight up brutal death metal, this has a mixed death metal/core sound and their last album was just deathcore. I don't like the way they have progressed, but I thoroughly enjoy their early stuff.

stressed but chillin

Status

"Do My Do" by Kid Cudi & Mickey Factz

Pretty good song by Cudi and if you're a fan of him then you'll probably enjoy the song too. Actually only my second or third time hearing the song.

Recommended for any Cudi fan.

Spoiler:

A Big Ball of fuNNN

Status

"Monster" - Paramore

Paramore's not the heaviest out there, but they are by far one of my favorite bands. This song is them proving even after the Farro's left, they are still going strong. I can't help but feel that the lyrics are a response to the statements they made after they left. I'll give it an 8/10.

I listen to at least tiny bit of nearly everything, so it's kinda hard for me to recommend it to something since I don't listen to much of this genre.

Young Gunz

Status

"The Resistance" - Drake

Drake really got deep with this song just like he did with the predecessor to this song, The Calm. The lyrics were really deep talking about his fame and his relationships with girls and the people around him. The calm beat that he has going along with lyrics of the song are amazing and its just an all around good song.

"Whay Am I afraid of? This is supposed to be what dreams are made of."

8.5/10

Recommended for any fans of Drake and or any fans of Rap and Hip Hop

No

Status

If you're a fan of hip hop or rap you stay away from Drake...he's for 14 year old girls who just sprouted tits.

Freaks and Geeks by Childish Gambino

Some of you may know Childish Gambino as Troy from the sitcom Community, his stage name is Childish Gambino. Fair warning...lyrics are extremely vulgar, not in the sense of violence but rather just talking about fucking all the time...in very creative ways. Lots of references in this song, black swan, big bang theory, freaks and geeks, etc etc very pop culture infused.

I like it, I can't tell if he's serious or not though. Maybe that's what Donald Glover is really like or maybe it's just a character he uses, I can't tell.

7/10

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Suffy View Post
    If you're a fan of hip hop or rap you stay away from Drake...he's for 14 year old girls who just sprouted tits.
    Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but let's keep it respectful fella. Especially given that their are so many other valid arguments against Drake being hip-hop or rap.

-----

I'm listening to Alexisonfire but I'm blanking on the song title cos I'm using the original iPod Shuffle that didn't give titles. It's awesome though. It's of "Crisis". It's the one that goes "I'm not sleeping alone again tonight". I love singing alone at the top of my lungs.

8/10

It just changed to ".44 Caliber Love Letter"! Win!

For fans of: Deftones, A Wilhelm Scream, The Bled, Metallica, Rival Schools, Atreyu, Amen, City & Colour, post-hardcore, thrash punk

Better than Perfect

Status
      Country                    nz=New Zealand

'Rocketman' by Elton John.

I'm alone in my room upstairs at the moment, doing some school work and applying for jobs, and Rocketman is a song about a man who's in space and isolated from his loved ones, so it seemed appropriate. Also, if I managed to land a part time job, I'll be away from home more and on the train more frequently, which can be likened to travelling on a rocket and thus further cementing myself as a rocketman of sorts.
    Yeah... nah.

stressed but chillin

Status

Kid Cudi - The End Ft. Nicole Wray, GLC, & Chip Tha Ripper

Just woke up this morning making breakfast and felt the need for music, but something a bit more relaxed sounding and slow.

Good song and track 14 off the album Man on the Moon 2: The Legend of Mr. Rager

Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status

Kreayshawn - Gucci Gucci

"Gucci Gucci, Louis Louis, Fendi Fendi, Prada, Basic bitches wear that .... so I don't even bother."

beat is nice imo

Better than Perfect

Status

'Love's Gonna Get You' by Boogie Down Productions. It's about how becoming obsessed with capital can cause you to deviate from what's really important and fall knee-deep in ..... Life can be spent much more productively than living for material items, is the message KRS-One is spreading here.

To quote the movie Heat, "Never let yourself get attached to anything you can not walk out on in thirty-seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

For fans of Golden-Age/conscious hip hop like Eric B. & Rakim and Public Enemy.
    Yeah... nah.

No

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Manning View Post
    Kreayshawn - Gucci Gucci

"Gucci Gucci, Louis Louis, Fendi Fendi, Prada, Basic bitches wear that .... so I don't even bother."

beat is nice imo
    Yes yes yes yes lol easily the worst song I've ever heard but so addicting "bitch you ain't no barbie, I see you work at Arbie's, number 2 super size, hurry up I'm starvin'" lol so bad

Lately I've been listening to Theophilus London -- Girls Girls $

I love this song and I don't know why, TL has good flow and decent rhymes. Beat is pretty nice as well but nothing stands out and yet I really love his style. Can't really explain it.

8/10

Better than Perfect

Status

'Head Over Heels' by Tears for Fears. I can't really elaborate on why I'm listening to it; it's just a cool song. That should be enough.
    Yeah... nah.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Cam View Post
    'Rocketman' by Elton John.

I'm alone in my room upstairs at the moment, doing some school work and applying for jobs, and Rocketman is a song about a man who's in space and isolated from his loved ones, so it seemed appropriate. Also, if I managed to land a part time job, I'll be away from home more and on the train more frequently, which can be likened to travelling on a rocket and thus further cementing myself as a rocketman of sorts.

"Rocketman" is a fantastic song and I do like to listen to it and pretend its me, but I'm not sure comparing space travel to your workday commute is what Elton had in mind. Haha!!

Also, I see a few people not doing the "For fans of:" part of this whole exercise... That's kind of the whole point of the Juke Box, so lets make sure we're including it, yeah? I'd hate to have to start removing posts.

Heel Champion

Status

J. Cole - Looking for Trouble

"They say you are what you eat, and I still ain't pussy"

this song is a Bonus Track on the Friday Night Lights mixtape, it features Kanye West, Pusha T, Big Sean & Cyhi Da Prynce, the mixtape on of my favs from 2010 which i still listen to now and i am so ....ing pumped for his album.

Purely And Simply Evil

Status

Batista's theme, I Walk Alone by Saliva.

I think its one of the better songs the WWE has used in recent years, just an all around catchy good old rock song.

Credit to Fuji Vice for the sweet sig

Better than Perfect

Status

'Head Over Feet' by Alanis Morrissette.

As a '90s kid, there were many songs that had little-to-no significance to me back then, but I hear one of them occasionally for the first time in years and think, "Hey, I remember that. That brings back memories." 'Head Over Feet' is one of those songs.

For fans of '90s pop-rock like Alanis Morrissette, Green Day, Sixpense None The Richer, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post

"Rocketman" is a fantastic song and I do like to listen to it and pretend its me, but I'm not sure comparing space travel to your workday commute is what Elton had in mind. Haha!!
    Hey now, it is my fantasy. Don't have to go bursting bubbles like that, RaiZ-R.
    Yeah... nah.

Thread Information