23 79.31%
  • Diamond Dallas Page

6 20.69%

Thread: WCWT 90's Second Round: Brian Pillman vs DDP

WAKE UP

Status

WCWT 90's Second Round: Brian Pillman vs DDP

Re: WCWT 90's Second Round: Brian Pillman vs DDP

Pillman was the man. During the first half of the decade, he was an amazing in-ring talent that was part of the incredible talent pool that WCW had pre-Hogan. Even after the accident, Pillman became an equally amazing character in the WWE. Page had a couple of good years, but it can't compare to The Hollywood Blondes, tag scene in 1992, War Games 1991, Liger series, the non-Liger Light Heavyweight division matches and the insane Loose Cannon gimmick. Pillman in 1992 beats out DDP in the 90's alone.

Status
      Country                    us=United States

For me, I thought Brian Pillman was one of the most interesting characters and wrestlers in wrestling back in the 90's. You never knew what Pillman was going to do, whether he was part of the Hollywood Blondes (which was a great tag team), or if he was under the "Loose Cannon" gimmick. Pillman had some wrestling talent to boot, which made his tenure in the 90's even better to watch. DDP however didn't stand out to me that much, at times bored the hell out of me, and I'm still a bit surprised that he beat Rick Steiner.

Gotta go with the Loose Cannon here.

Custom Usertitle.

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

I like DDP okay but I never really thoguht he did much. Pillman's peak is fantastic and despite his decline around 94 his decade tops Page's.

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

Pillman even though I have respect for DD..........P

Established Veteran

Status

I might be in the minority, I might be completely wrong, but to me there aren't a lot of better characters than DDP and on character alone I enjoyed everything he did so much I can't really go against him. I don't need to be reminded of everything Pillman did and how great of a wrestler he was, yes he was great. I just never cared for his character at any point, especially in the loose cannon days. I'll put it this way, he was so damn good as "the loose cannon" I wasn't sure if he was for real or if it was an act, and as a result I didn't care for him because I figured "This guy must really be one bat shit crazy mofo or something." and it really turned me away at that time. I've never liked wild crazy guy gimmicks though. Going back to the Hollywood Blondes, I remember that stuff pretty vividly and I did enjoy them as a tag team back when tag teams ya know, didn't suck ass. All the credit and praise in the world to Pillman, but I think DDP had buckets and buckets more of natural charisma and just a more entertaining character all together.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

WAKE UP

Status

Glad Pillman is taking this. I like DDP, and don't begrudge people for voting for him, but Pillman was a cruiserweight OG, and even though I love the Goldberg match, I don't think Page had a performance that got people as emotionally invested as Pillman in the '91 WarGames.

FUNKASAURUS

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

I quite like DDP, I'm not gonna lie, but I also enjoyed Pillman's work a lot, particularly in the Hollywood Blondes, so I'm voting for him.
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

Thread Information