4 13.79%
  • Mick Foley

25 86.21%

Thread: WCWT 90's Second Round: Rick Rude vs Mick Foley

WAKE UP

Status

WCWT 90's Second Round: Rick Rude vs Mick Foley

Daily Motion
    ERROR: If you can see this, then Dailymotion is down or you don't have Flash installed.

(#15) Rick Rude

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A590H5a37eY
    (#18) Mick Foley/Cactus Jack/Mankind/Dude Love

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: WCWT 90's Second Round: Rick Rude vs Mick Foley

I really like Rick Rude. His Ironman with Steamboat was great, as was quite a bit of his other early 90's WCW work, but unfortunately I can't vote him ahead of Foley. Foley's best work in WCW was also tremendous, notably the Sting, Vader and Nasty Boys matches and he continued on through the rest of the decade. In WWF, Mankind was one of my all time favourite characters and his match against Michaels was as good as anything Rude did. Foley's had his share of bad matches, but the good far outweighs the bad.

I can't speak much for Foley's ECW work (outside of some promos), but as a character and as a wrestler, I'm giving this to Foley.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

FUNKASAURUS

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

Ooh, this is difficult, again! I'm going to vote for Foley though, because his best was, in my eyes anyway, better than Rude's.
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

Rude was awesome in 1992, but Foley was Foley. It's only when I think back at his career that I realize just how incredible he was during most of it. Even in 1992, you could make a case that Foley was better than Rude. Thanks to Rude being forced to retire in 1994, Foley wins easily.

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Rude, although being good for the small part of the decade he was in, is up against tough competition in Mick Foley. Foley was a great worker back in the day, and his promos just made me more of a wrestling fan back then. Foley was solid throughout most of the decade, while Rude wasn't even in half the 90's. If Rude was there throughout the decade, maybe we'd have a different story but I have to go Foley.

Custom Usertitle.

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

1992 Rude >>>>>>>>>>>> Mick Foley's whole career. With that said, 92 is pretty much all Rude has for the decade to back him up. Foley was around for the whole ten years having some of the best matches in whatever company he was in.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    1992 Rude >>>>>>>>>>>> Mick Foley's whole career. With that said, 92 is pretty much all Rude has for the decade to back him up. Foley was around for the whole ten years having some of the best matches in whatever company he was in.
    But if one of Rude's years was better than Foley's combined career, wouldn't the easy choice be to vote Rude over Foley?

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

Damn.....I can't believe I missed this shit until now.

Love these.

I really enjoyed both guys immensely, but when it comes to just total adoration for a wrestler I have to go with Rick Rude. Growing up I was total wrapped up in the heels and NEVER rooted for the babyface. Rick Rude was the definition of a heel for me as a kid. One of my favorites of all time.

Also total dig Foley too. Gotta give him some mad props, but he is going against one of my all time favorites.

*Edit after seeing vote total*

You young bucks don't know jack squat I was shocked at the landslide.
    Last edited by DD; 05-21-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Custom Usertitle.

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    But if one of Rude's years was better than Foley's combined career, wouldn't the easy choice be to vote Rude over Foley?
    I meant Rude was better in 92 than Foley ever was, and his 92 was better than any separate Foley year, not combined. I worded it terribly.

Established Veteran

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Damn.....I can't believe I missed this shit until now.

Love these.

I really enjoyed both guys immensely, but when it comes to just total adoration for a wrestler I have to go with Rick Rude. Growing up I was total wrapped up in the heels and NEVER rooted for the babyface. Rick Rude was the definition of a heel for me as a kid. One of my favorites of all time.

Also total dig Foley too. Gotta give him some mad props, but he is going against one of my all time favorites.

*Edit after seeing vote total*

You young bucks don't know jack squat I was shocked at the landslide.
    I completely second everything DD just said. Especially the last sentence. If you weren't around to see Rick Rude in his heyday in the WWF you don't have a clue what you missed out on and how good it really was at the time. Rude was THEEE heel of the day. No one was as brash, no one was as cocky or confident, and few could back it up like him. He is also one of the only people to hold a win over Ultimate Warrior. He was "The Sexiest Man Alive" and let everyone know it. I remember as a kid impersonating him and trying to do his pose while swiveling my hips like him. Rude could cut a promo like nobodies business, cut a pace few could match, and was just a great wrestler period. Here's part 1 of his match vs Ultimate Warrior at SS 90', if you go to the 5:24 mark of the video you can see his pre match ritual, one of the many things that made him a legend.

So what I'd like, is for all of you fat, out of shape, WC sweat hogs to keep it quiet while I take off my robe, and give you a good look at the sexiest man alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fHqT5mcj9o
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

WAKE UP

Status

I'm not voting. That said, I think Rude is getting a bit of a raw deal here. He may not have been active through the entire decade like Foley, but his time was probably more impressive. I mean, the Warrior match alone is maybe one of the biggest carryjobs ever, then you have his incredible WCW run, and even after he retired from the ring his ECW stint was awesome.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    no=Norway

Vaderbomb on the concrete will forever be etched in my mind. But so will that stupid Amnesia angle Foley did afterwards. Overall, Rick Rude. But, based on the era and what I liked to watch -- my vote goes to Foley.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Foley, although Rude's career was cut short, and Foley's best work didn't actually come until he was snatched up by WWF. Nevertheless, the Vaderbomb on the concrete was a true moment, and leave it to Foley to take those kinds of bumps.

Thread Information