Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla - Introduction and General Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla - Introduction and General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDragon View Post
    Sorry if this isn't on topic but does anyone have a good pic of the PWG Tag Titles? I've never seen them and kinda want to.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDH5Cp7_4Iw

Being a year old, it's probably the nicest they've looked as well. As bad as those belts are, they're a million times better than the original tag belts that said "RWC" on them that were sold on eBay during Arrogance's first title reign.
    Last edited by Jim; 06-05-2011 at 10:34 PM.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

I wonder what "RWC" stood for...? In any case, they need to redo the Tag Belts - I saw how they were falling apart at CStC and wondered what the Hell was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPS LOCK View Post
    I wonder what "RWC" stood for...? In any case, they need to redo the Tag Belts - I saw how they were falling apart at CStC and wondered what the Hell was going on.
    Rockford Wrestling Council. The belts were owned by Mr. Vander Pyle and Adam Pearce (?) Once they left PWG, they took the belts and openly auctioned them off on eBay. PWG quickly found a new World Title for Super Dragon, but Arrogance went several shows without belts.

Since PWG just bought the new belts, I can't see them buying new ones. They just need to find a way to hold the belts together.

On Vacation

Status

Jim, your near-endless knowledge of Indy wrestling is muy bien.

I've got another one for you - what happened to WINNING? I remember it being hyped and everything, but then they just recycled the card for CStC.

i love moms

Status

Well...yeah. Kevin Steen missed the show because his kid was sick or something, and Brian Cage-Taylor got hurt, so they had to change the card around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lghikas View Post
    I basically live out my internet life to gain Jake's approval.
    [10:54 PM] Yeezus: these bitches love Jake, hit em with that cobra now that boy slumped ova

God

Status

That was something I meant to ask about but kept forgetting. Was that always the name or just coincidance that the card had to be changed on the day. No need to ask now
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

On Vacation

Status

No, I mean what happened to the WINNING show over-all? It never happened. The card for the show was just taken and used for CStC.

God

Status

Was the name not just changed?
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

WINNING = Card Subject to Change III. CSTC3 occurred on the same day and time that WINNING was supposed to.

What happened is that PWG was PWG and they were forced to have a bunch of last minute changes. The whole "Card Subject to Change" title is their way to emphasis the point of "Hey, this wasn't the card we planned, so if it sucks, you can't blame us!"

The funny thing is that nearly every PWG show could be considered a "Card Subject to Change" with the amount of changes any of their shows have.

Squash Fodder

Status

Very true Jim about almost every PWG card is shuffled a bit. Also Excalibur stated he didn't like the title "Winning" if memory serves me.

so who do you all think will challenge Claudio for the belt next? been wondering about this as he has gone through most of the top tier regulars. the only 1 I can think of off the top of my head is Davey since he his last title defense was Seven before vacating it so that would be kind of fitting.

With Tozawa gone and Steen not doing so hot in singles matches, the only real pick is Davey. It'd be different if the next show wasn't a big one, but this is Giant Sized Annual #8, you need the biggest title match you can put together.

Davey or bust.

(Hero vs Ki in the semi-main event)

God

Status

Has Hero had a shot at Claudio yet?
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

He did at ASW 8 Night 1.

WAKE UP

Status

I don't know, Davey and Claudio have terrible chemistry together and Davey doesn't have a realistic shot of winning.

Steen may have got upset but Mack, but he's still got enough wins and momentum to be a title challenger. Goodtime has been quietly winning on the undercard and could make a great "this guy has no chance but will give it his all" match that could potentially turn him into a star if they hit the right notes. They could also bring in some other talent, maybe Edwards again and promote it as PWG champ vs ROH champ.

Steen has had one singles win since 2008 ended. I know that records and everything doesn't always matter to PWG, but it wouldn't make the most sense to give the big title shot against someone who hasn't done much to deserve it.

On Vacation

Status

Thanks for explaining WINNING and CStC. Anyways...

I'd really like to see Steen, but as said, Davey seems like quite the viable contender. What happened to Aries, by the way? I see he's been taken off the roster - I would've definitely suggested him. Strong is another choice. Or maybe they could bring in someone else for Claudio to defend the Title against, like ASW 7 - Night 2, where Hero defended the Title against PAC.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I don't know, Davey and Claudio have terrible chemistry together and Davey doesn't have a realistic shot of winning.
    I agree on Richards probably not having a realistic shot but him and Claudio have freaking great chemistry. I'd say a little better than Richards/Strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Status
      Country                    United States

Edwards for me. After beating Generico and Shelley as ASW, he seems to have enough momentum to make a title shot work.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPS LOCK View Post
    Or maybe they could bring in someone else for Claudio to defend the Title against, like ASW 7 - Night 2, where Hero defended the Title against PAC.
    PAC was somewhat of a regular in PWG at the time. He had already wrestled two other times earlier in the year and wrestled a lot of shows in 2007. I'm sure PWG would love to bring PAC back.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    PAC was somewhat of a regular in PWG at the time. He had already wrestled two other times earlier in the year and wrestled a lot of shows in 2007. I'm sure PWG would love to bring PAC back.
    I guess this can go back to Dubs wanting Edwards, since they're both kinda similar (outside talent). With Edwards impression in PWG so far, it'd be nice to see him wrestle for the Title. Still, it'd be cool if they brang someone in/back to challenge.

Thread Information