Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Halloween (2018)

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Halloween (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
    Halloween 4 is hands down my favorite entry. That's great seeing everyone involved going into detail on the making of the film. I always wished they did film that hospital hallway explosion scene.
    Yeah it would of been cool to see. I think their were two Scenes I remember them talking about for Halloween 1 to blend into Halloween 2 was with Laurie's friend Lynda racing over to her home and saying their was someone following her which we know it's Michael. I guess the Scene was kinda slow for the pacing of the film, and I didn't mind it personally to see that Laurie who was already going through stress thinking someone was following her and watching her, and he was doing it with Lynda just as much as well trying to kill her friends before the night came. I think their was a Scene too that had Michael escaping and Loomis checking his Room and it having Sister written in his Room putting in the seeds that they were related before even saying so in Halloween 2.

I think they did these Scenes for TV over a year later and it was pretty sweet to see these Documentaries. I love hearing the history of all this, when Scenes get cut out of the Movie and you guys need to read on a wonderful scene that wasn't used in the Movie It going back to Pennywise in the 1600's, and just reading it gave me chills on how it could of looked on screen. Now I need to find out if any of my fav Scream films had any of this over the years for their films next.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Status
      Country                    United States

I will watch this movie, but I'm not too excited about it.

Can't be worse than the second Zombie one.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    I will watch this movie, but I'm not too excited about it.

Can't be worse than the second Zombie one.
    You'd be hard pressed to find much of anything that is.

Status

Here's a new poster.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

New Trailer even though we didn't need it still another very good Trailer to raise my hype level. That last Scene though, and Laurie saying he's a Killer, but he will be killed tonight woah.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Cool trailer, but really gives a lot away. Al though they've retold this story a million times so I guess it doesn't make a difference.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You really need to learn to pay better attention to movies. The reveal of Michael and Laurie being related is the biggest reveal of Halloween 2!
    It wasn't so much that I wasn't paying attention, it's that I didn't see Halloween or Halloween 2 until after seeing 4 and 5, which meant I wasn't looking for that reveal and I was operating under the assumption that we'd always known they were brother and sister - I was also about ten years old or something like that.

If there's not going to be a direct sequel to this film, it feels unnecessary to me since in a few years, they will be back to the drawing board to figure out what they wanted to do to bring the series back. Ever since Jamie Lee Curtis wormed her way back into the series, the series keeps getting rebooted, but the reboot only lasts for two movies before they're forced to reboot it again.
    Perhaps the point here is to close the loop and end the story. I don't believe for a moment that's what will happen but with the repeated focus on Laurie looking to kill Michael in these trailers I would not be shocked if this ends with a definitive death for Michael Myers. That being said, they've killed him off at the end more than once and found ways to retcon him back to life so what the fuck do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    I'll tell you, back in '98 I was bummed that Halloween 4-6 were removed from canon and here we are 20 years later only now it's more extreme
    Well, let's count them up:

- Halloween 1-2, 4-6 - The "Original series"

- Halloween 3 - Just remains on its own

- Halloween 1-2, H20-Resurrection - The sister trilogy and the shit sequel to the sister trilogy

- Rob Zombie's Halloween 1-2 - The Zombie universe

- Halloween 1 - Halloween 2018 - The non-family series

I wouldn't consider Halloween 4 to be a reboot of the series, but rather the continuation after Halloween 3. It just happens to be a bit tricky as it's a continuation that is erased with Halloween H20.
    The thing is, anyone not as into this series as us doesn't realise that H20 isn't a direct sequel to 6 because unless you're doing the maths behind it, it pretty much fits in fine. When that movie first came out I didn't know it was a reboot and that it had no relation to 4, 5 and 6. I bumped a little on Laurie leaving Jamie behind when she went into hiding but not as much as I did years later - and that's when I looked into it and found out about the many different continuities.

For you're average casual movie goer, this is the first Myers appearance that actively tells you that not everything that came before it means anything to this instalment, I think that might be why they focused in on that line about the family connection. It's their way of letting the casual fan know that even though there's a dozen of these films, you only need to be familiar with the first, which is a classic so if you haven't seen it treat yourself and here's a fresh sequel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Cool trailer, but really gives a lot away. Al though they've retold this story a million times so I guess it doesn't make a difference.
    They can give away everything really, except how it ends, because that's the important part - this is feeling to me like a last stand for one of the main pair and which one dies is the big secret that needs to be saved. Even if they both survive, that needs to be hidden for as long as possible, because that's the hook for what they've set up here...

At least it is for me anyway.

Status

Here's the new trailer.

Status

Here's a new poster, friggin awesome poster IMO.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

The shape was done with perfection in this film. I feel that strongly with this one, not sure if it beats out Halloween 2 and Halloween 4 as my favs when it comes to Sequels, but their was so much great stuff and callbacks in this. Spoiler mode TIME!!

Spoiler:

Honestly to me this is a wonderful film and to me these days I don't get afraid of the Slasher films, but more so the time of Horror/Thrillers that mentally fuck with you and theirs plenty of it in this. I thought Curtis as Laurie being a Survivalist waiting and praying for Michael to show up again was great and the mental and physical abuse of the day of 78 has always been on her mind. I really liked that because of it she wasn't the Mother she wanted to be, and in the end what she taught her daughter Karen came into play when she was needed it. It was pretty crazy how Laurie lined up her home, even to the point with The Panic Room, and while also setting it up to where Laurie could lock in any Room and try to trap in Michael like a Rat or a Mouse.

I think some people might like the Teenage Scenes with Allyson and her friends and I've seen Reviews talk about being a huge negative and it dragged for them at those parts. When it comes to me that's a petty thing to complain about, these type of Scenes were used in the original and since then so where are we going with that. Also I think will not like the twist with Dr. Sartain, it literally went no where I thought this guy is going on a Killer Spree with Michael, and he wanted to feel and be like him and we got a good death outta it so all is well that ends well for him.

Nick Castle coming back and being The Shape was done so well in this one. Nick Castle should of stayed Michael and if he would of stayed playing him in the Outfit it would of helped alot of Scenes in Sequels when alot of tension was lost at times. One of my favorite Scenes has to be when Oscar see's Michael in the Yard and the Lights keep turning off and on and I'm LIKE MOVE DUMBASS..MOVE! That moment when he gets it I felt that intensity and the kills throughout was great. The third act when Michael reaches Laurie's home was intense from the moment he stepped in the yard. I loved the moment when Michael after being shot in his hand he started to hide, and I would of so popped if Michael popped outta that Closet bringing it back to the original. I knew the Panic Room wasn't going to last long and it took all three of the girls to get Michael caught in the Panic Room to burn him alive. What a great set up Karen sets up Michael that she was too afraid to shoot and then gets him where it hurts and Laurie coming from out of the shadows boy that made me popped because that is what Michael would do. I don't see where this might go if their is a Sequel to this, but the tease gives it away with the breathing he's possibly alive, or hey maybe Allyson who could be going down the path of her Grandma holding that Knife at the end, what if she loses her damn mind and becomes Michael in a sense. Michael standing when he knows he's going to burn alive and he's just staring at the three female leads is what Michael would do as the three generations are united.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Total Lifetime Grosses
    Domestic: $126,698,400 73.5%
    + Foreign: $45,600,000 26.5%
    = Worldwide: $172,298,400
    This movie only had a 10 million dollar budget, pretty damn incredible.

Curtain Jerker

Status

memorable Halloween

Thread Information