Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween (2018)

Killing It.

Status

Re: Halloween III (2012)

They've made some pretty sweet remakes, and I like that they included that this won't be in 3-D or found footage style. Maybe there's hope for this afterall...

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I love Michael Myers and this series, just hope they don't screw it up with several different directions touching it and watering it down. I LOVED Zombie's Halloween's better than all of the originals except the original two. So if they are able to stay on track and use Tyler Mane again and the storyline, I think it will be golden.

Status
      Country                    United States

I just want to see a reboot done right. Really not sure why they didn't make another Friday The 13th after the first remake. Really was a pretty solid movie. These guys made the new Nightmare on Elm Street though not exactly the greatest movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    I just want to see a reboot done right. Really not sure why they didn't make another Friday The 13th after the first remake. Really was a pretty solid movie. These guys made the new Nightmare on Elm Street though not exactly the greatest movie.
    I'm not sure why we haven't seen a Friday the 13th Part 2. The remake made a profit of over 72 million dollars and that's only counting it's theatrical run. That's nearly 10 million more than the Halloween remake.

The Nightmare remake was perfectly fine. It probably had the most glaring issues compared to Halloween and Friday, but it's easily better than most of the sequels (Minus 3 and Wes Craven's New Nightmare).

Halloween had some good potential for the new series after Zombie's first movie, but the second just killed it. It ended up making the same amount of profit as Halloween Resurrection. Considering the fact that that movie nearly forced Halloween into the direct-to-video grouping, it's a pretty horrible sign. I'd like to think that all of these ideas and changes is a good sign for Halloween 3, but it also makes me think that they're struggling to think of a good idea.

Yet, Friday the 13th Part 2 (Such an easy script to come up with) is grounded indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by bloody-disgusting.com
    The boogeyman is real and will return on Halloween.

Some really brief news out of Cannes has Michael Myers being resurrected.

Our sources on the Cannes stomping ground tell us exclusively that The Weinstein Company is once again looking to get Halloween 3D off the ground.

We don’t have the names of any writers or directors attached, although Todd Farmer and Patrick Lussier had previously been working on a screenplay. While we may be back at square one, at least the Weinstein brothers once again have Michael Myers on the brain.

It’s unclear if this would be a re-remake, or another sequel to Rob Zombie’s modern take.

John Carpenter’s 1978 classic followed a psychotic murderer institutionalized since childhood for the murder of his sister, who escapes and stalks a bookish teenage girl and her friends while his doctor chases him through the streets.

The franchise has spawned nine sequels and made over $500M worldwide collectively at the box office.
    Out of the different possibilities, I think I'd rather just see a casual reboot where you just treat it similar to James Bond where you don't worry too much about the timeline. Just bring Michael back, modeled after his original look and attitude, and have him stalk some girl in Haddonfield. Don't worry about family, explaining Michael's motivation or creating something really fresh. Just good old Mikey getting his stalk on again.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Out of the different possibilities, I think I'd rather just see a casual reboot where you just treat it similar to James Bond where you don't worry too much about the timeline. Just bring Michael back, modeled after his original look and attitude, and have him stalk some girl in Haddonfield. Don't worry about family, explaining Michael's motivation or creating something really fresh. Just good old Mikey getting his stalk on again.
    If you want it that bland Jim, I might as well put my name on the list to play Michael then. They have to do something that ending for the second flick everytime I think about it it makes me want to punch a hole in a wall.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Uchiha View Post
    If you want it that bland Jim, I might as well put my name on the list to play Michael then. They have to do something that ending for the second flick everytime I think about it it makes me want to punch a hole in a wall.
    Stripping Myers back to his basic roots isn't bland. If there's going to be a Halloween 3, they need to drastically alter it from the steaming load of shit that Zombie produced with Halloween 2. Who wants to see Myers act like a rabid maniac? That's not what the character is about. Myers works as a silent guy who creeps in the shadows, messes with your head and kills off all of your friends until you're facing him all alone. The whole family dynamic of the series has been played out and the gimmicks (Making Myers a character in Rob Zombie's world, the internet, a cult, ect), always fails. Just focus on Michael Myers, purely and simply that. That's what they did with the first one and that didn't go so badly.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Stripping Myers back to his basic roots isn't bland. If there's going to be a Halloween 3, they need to drastically alter it from the steaming load of shit that Zombie produced with Halloween 2. Who wants to see Myers act like a rabid maniac? That's not what the character is about. Myers works as a silent guy who creeps in the shadows, messes with your head and kills off all of your friends until you're facing him all alone. The whole family dynamic of the series has been played out and the gimmicks (Making Myers a character in Rob Zombie's world, the internet, a cult, ect), always fails. Just focus on Michael Myers, purely and simply that. That's what they did with the first one and that didn't go so badly.
    Wait a minute Jim when Myers was at his finest like the original Halloween flicks especially the first and second films yes he was creep but his main goal to kill his sister Laurie. Myers just killing..to kill seems like movies involving Busta Rhymes all over again lol.

Real Women of Genius

Wait a minute Jim when Myers was at his finest like the original Halloween flicks especially the first and second films yes he was creep but his main goal to kill his sister Laurie.
    That's not true. The sister element of the plot only came into play midway in the second film. The original is simply a mysterious maniac stalking a random innocent girl. That simple movie is hailed as one of the best horror films of all time. Not knowing Michael's goal (Other than to kill someone) made him even more of an enigma. Same goes for the reasoning behind his killing.

So really, having Michael go after a non-family member is just bringing the series back to the original Halloween.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

That's not true. The sister element of the plot only came into play midway in the second film. The original is simply a mysterious maniac stalking a random innocent girl. That simple movie is hailed as one of the best horror films of all time. Not knowing Michael's goal (Other than to kill someone) made him even more of an enigma. Same goes for the reasoning behind his killing.

So really, having Michael go after a non-family member is just bringing the series back to the original Halloween.
    We will see if they go that route, I wouldn't put money on it Jim.

Real Women of Genius

We will see if they go that route, I wouldn't put money on it Jim.
    I never said that that's what they're going to do, I merely said that's what they should do.

Status

For all of it's short comings, that pile of garbage known as Halloween Resurrection is better than those god awful Rob Zombie abominations.

Killing It.

Status

I'm with Jim, give me a good old fashioned slasher with Michael Myers doing his things. Also, I notice my last post in this thread was about being happy they weren't going for 3D and now they're looking to do Halloween 3D...

Status
      Country                    United States

I agree with Jim to lets get down to basics, and have a old school slasher film. I don't want another movie where 45 fucking minutes is dedicated explaining Mike Myers. Trust me we've already heard the story.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

At this point, re-rebooting, or continuing the continuity of any of the previous timelines in existence seems completely pointless. I have to say that Jim's idea does sound like the most rewarding for fans of the franchise; don't bother referencing anything and just plop Michael into Haddonfield with his mask, his knife and his epic bloodlust and get him to fuck up some teenage girls life for ninety to one hundred and twenty minutes.

Like Necro said, everyone knows Myers origins so there's no need to go in depth on that, just admit it's already happened and move on. I'd prefer it wasn't 3D for 3D's sake, because in my experience, movies being 3D because 3D exists rely too heavily on it and that effects the story in a detrimental manner; do it in 3D by all means, but make sure you have a solid story and don't concentrate on making stuff fly at the audience just because you can.

Status

I figured 3D died at this point, or was starting to.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

3D can be great, when used in conjunction with the actual story, rather than as a distraction from it.

Status

It CAN be good, but it's too gimmicky. I think the lackluster sales in 3D TV's over the past 3 years has to play a part in that decline we've seen since 2011, since home media is a major factor in sales.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by JiggyJohnElway View Post
    I figured 3D died at this point, or was starting to.
    Not sure about that. Over 40 movies were released last year in 3D (shot in the format or converted, plus IMAX) and the same or more are slated for this year. I wouldn't say the format is necessarily growing (also not a big fan of it myself) but I wouldn't say it's dying either.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Bruce Willis Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

The best way to make a 3D movie is to not focus on making a 3D movie. It's not the 50's, doing sight gags is just hokey and it instantly makes your movie a little cheesy. Instead, allow the 3D to expand your world. Instead of showing sets in 2D, open it up so it looks like 3D, as if we're really there.

That's the big difference between one of these laughably bad examples of 3D and an amazing example like in The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    At this point, re-rebooting, or continuing the continuity of any of the previous timelines in existence seems completely pointless. I have to say that Jim's idea does sound like the most rewarding for fans of the franchise; don't bother referencing anything and just plop Michael into Haddonfield with his mask, his knife and his epic bloodlust and get him to fuck up some teenage girls life for ninety to one hundred and twenty minutes.

Like Necro said, everyone knows Myers origins so there's no need to go in depth on that, just admit it's already happened and move on.
    Part of the other appeal of not worrying about tying it together with one of the other timelines is that all of the Halloween time lines began the same way - Michael killed Judith when he was a kid and years later, he escaped to go on a bloody killing spree to get his other sister. If you just begin the next movie with everyone in Haddonfield knowing who Michael is, but they don't go too much into detail what he did, you're sorta not in any timeline, but you're also not going against any timelines. In theory, the story of H3 will fit in just fine with Halloween 1-2, 4-6; H1-2, H20-Res; and RZ's Halloween. You just need to stay away from select names like Jamie Lloyd, Mya and Keri Tate.

Thread Information