View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bryan Danielson

18 81.82%
  • Nigel McGuinness

4 18.18%

Thread: WCWT Round 2: Bryan Danielson vs Nigel Mcguinness (I Quit Match)

The Dude Abides

Status

WCWT Round 2: Bryan Danielson vs Nigel Mcguinness (I Quit Match)

The following contest is a 2nd round match of the Wrestling Clique World Tournament

This match will take place at The Skydome in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The contestants for this match are

Bryan Danielson

VS

Nigel McGuinness

This contest is scheduled for one fall, with no time limit. The match will take place in a 24 x 24 ring with no ramp leading to the ring. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside. The only way to gain a fall in this match up is to make your opponent say "I Quit".

As for voting, vote for who you think would win in kayfabe or if this match was actually booked based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

If you are not familiar with someone in a match, please do not vote for the other man based solely on that. Research the individual so you do know about them, or wait to see what other people say about them to gauge which way you should vote. Either way we want you to participate and to have fun. We just don't want anyone to get the short end of the stick because "You don't know who they are" or "Haven't seen much of their work".

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying someone should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

When the black man talkin

Status

Re: WCWT Round 2: Bryan Danielson vs Nigel Mcguinness (I Quit Match)

I really like Nigel, and think he's a terrific wrestler, but he got a tough draw here. Danielson, in my mind, had the best decade of anyone in this tournament. Danielson just has more good matches and more great matches, but I don't want to take anything away from Nigel here, because he's been one of my favourites of the decade and he might have gotten a lot further had he not got the hardest draw.

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    us=United States

Danielson. The fact that both of these guys were both picked up both two major wrestling companies, and that Danielson has had a more successful tenure in WWE than Nigel has had in TNA kind of sways the vote for me towards Danielson. I'd say these two guys were pretty equal back in ROH, but the fact that Danielson has continued to have great matches while Nigel only had a few (which were against Angle) sways my vote towards Danielson.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Andy View Post
    Danielson. The fact that both of these guys were both picked up both two major wrestling companies, and that Danielson has had a more successful tenure in WWE than Nigel has had in TNA kind of sways the vote for me towards Danielson. I'd say these two guys were pretty equal back in ROH, but the fact that Danielson has continued to have great matches while Nigel only had a few (which were against Angle) sways my vote towards Danielson.
    You're counting both men's experience in 2010 as criteria on who was better during the 2000s? I know there is something of an argument as to what constitutes the end of a decade, but I consider that mighty unconventional. Even if we count 2010 as part of the noughties rather than the, eh, tens, it's a bit of a pars pro toto decision, no?

===

I'm voting Nigel, as he deserves more love than I imagine he's going to receive. He outclasses Danielson by far on the mic (though Dragon is underrated in his skills on the stick), and I believe he pretty much goes toe to toe with AmDrag in the ring.

P.S. Whatever created this tie has my eternal ¬__¬. Greats pitted against each other and two lesser wrestlers pitted against each other at this early stage is a real con of the totally random system.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Welbek View Post
    P.S. Whatever created this tie has my eternal ¬__¬. Greats pitted against each other and two lesser wrestlers pitted against each other at this early stage is a real con of the totally random system.
    Danielson/Nigel, Edge/Christian, Foley/RVD? Seems kinda convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Hi Marketh! View Post
    Danielson/Nigel, Edge/Christian, Foley/RVD? Seems kinda convenient.
    My thoughts precisely. The 'coincidences' are uncanny.

Status

10 of the guys I'd put in the top 12 of this tournament were put up against each other this round. Rey/Michaels; Misawa/Benoit; Eddie/Regal; Joe/Jericho; Danielson/Nigel. Pretty funny. Not accusing anything, it's just the luck of the draw, but it's a bit of a shame we're going to lose 5 really top contenders in these matches.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Canada

Tough call...I predict Danielson is going to go all the way

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TheShockmaster View Post
    10 of the guys I'd put in the top 12 of this tournament were put up against each other this round. Rey/Michaels; Misawa/Benoit; Eddie/Regal; Joe/Jericho; Danielson/Nigel. Pretty funny. Not accusing anything, it's just the luck of the draw, but it's a bit of a shame we're going to lose 5 really top contenders in these matches.
    It seems not entirely to be un-luck of the draw. So much for randomisation...

Quote Originally Posted by The Game Rage View Post
    the matches were put together by randomization with slight changes made to get some of the best matches possible.

Status

I did not see that.

Why would it need changed for any reason? The best matches would come in later rounds if they didn't come in this round. It just doesn't work, and it'll lead to some undeserving guys getting through. I'm all for it if that's what the draw does, but tampering with it leads to bias.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TheShockmaster View Post
    I did not see that.

Why would it need changed for any reason? The best matches would come in later rounds if they didn't come in this round. It just doesn't work, and it'll lead to some undeserving guys getting through. I'm all for it if that's what the draw does, but tampering with it leads to bias.
    Indeed. Tampering with the randomisation means that the fixtures here are illegitimate under the rules for how to make the bouts decided upon by public consultation. The minority of us were for seeding; the majority of you were for complete randomization; I didn't hear anyone say let's leave some ties random and let TGR choose others depending on what he considers to be a good match.

This is a Bischoff-style booking I'm afraid - throwing the huge matches away on free TV (the preliminaries rounds) and then putting on a dud of a PPV (in the final rounds...)

WAKE UP

Status

Danielson made Nigel.

User Profiles Suck

Status

In an I Quit match?!?

Danielson all the way
    [02:12 AM] Dakstang : Nash you act tough because you attempt to talk shit and insult people but if you were forced to pay for your shit talking in person you would cower like that bitch ass pussy that you are.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1\ Fantrax Division 2

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Daniel Bryan Danielson all the way baby. I really appreciate his body of work all the way back to The Era of Honor Begins/Round Robin Challenge days of 2002 all the way through to his current tenure in WWE. Nigel is great, don't get me wrong, I just think Bryan is better.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2015~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

The Dude Abides

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Welbek View Post
    Indeed. Tampering with the randomisation means that the fixtures here are illegitimate under the rules for how to make the bouts decided upon by public consultation. The minority of us were for seeding; the majority of you were for complete randomization; I didn't hear anyone say let's leave some ties random and let TGR choose others depending on what he considers to be a good match.

This is a Bischoff-style booking I'm afraid - throwing the huge matches away on free TV (the preliminaries rounds) and then putting on a dud of a PPV (in the final rounds...)
    I thought this would be a happy medium but there apparently isn't one. The matches were all randomized but I couldn't come up with a list that was satisfactory enough. I did it multiple times to try and get the best matches possible but they ended up being a lot of matches that would have been lopsided and non competitive. Rather than that I tried to make a few alterations to give you the matches I figured you would like. The stipulations also gave me a problem there because it was hard to figure out what stipulations to put on some of the matches as originally randomized. I only switched a couple around, 90% or more are actually as drawn. I only switched a couple things around to give you Edge-Christian, McGuinness-Danielson because I thought you would like those matches with those stipulations. Notice as well, I haven't voted on any of these to keep my own bias out of the equation as that was mentioned earlier.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

People wanted it to either be totally random, or seeded, mate, but you gave us neither, and basing the ties and the random set that we go with on personal preference is not in the middle of seeded and random. If we're doing random, you should take the first random list that comes up, because if you personally are choosing the best of several random lists and then change fixtures, it's not that random at all. If there are lopsided draws, there are lopsided draws - it's sort of better than the half of the best guys going out. If it's random, you really shouldn't be altering it at all, it should be the luck of the draw mate.

Thread Information