View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Triple H (2000's)

1 3.85%
  • Chris Jericho (2000's)

25 96.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Triple H vs Chris Jericho

Established Veteran

Status

The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Triple H vs Chris Jericho

The following contest in a first round match in the Wrestling Clique World Tournament

This match will take place at "The Birds Nest" Beijing National Staduim

The Contestants for this match as randomly drawn are

Triple H (2000's)

VS

Chris Jericho (2000's)

This contest is scheduled for one fall, with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 24 x 24 ring with no ramp leading to the ring. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

If you are not familiar with someone in a match, please do not vote for the other man based solely on that. Research the individual so you do know about them, or wait to see what other people say about them to gauge which way you should vote. Either way we want you to participate and to have fun. We just don't want anyone to get the short end of the stick because "You don't know who they are" or "Haven't seen much of their work".

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying someone should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Re: The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Triple H vs Chris Jericho

A fantastic 2000 isn't enough to give Triple H the edge over Jericho. I don't imagine Jericho should go much farther, but he did have a better 2000's than Hunter.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Triple H vs Chris Jericho

Jericho is so much more consistent over the decade than HHH. HHH's great 2000 is eclipsed by an abysmal 2002 and 2003 where he was one of the worst wrestlers around. HHH picked up in 2005 onwards but not enough to put him above Jericho. Having said that, Triple H has two of my favourite matches of the decade (The Ironman and the WM 20 Triple Threat) and a bunch of other MOTYC, but so does Jericho, although most are not to the standards of those. But Triple H has had far more awful and boring matches over the decade, specifically with HBK, Orton, Cena and ex-WCW scrubs.

Jericho had some great matches and although he stagnated around 2005 and immediately after his return, he picked up between 2008-2009 where he was probably the best character in wrestling, had the WWE feud of the year twice in a row and had some amazing matches in that time.Before 2005, Jericho was still fairly consistent.

Jericho for this one, I expect him to go quite far if he avoids guys like Benoit and Danielson in the next round.
    Last edited by Shock; 03-25-2011 at 05:06 AM.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status
      Country                    United States

WrestleMania 2000 rematch here.

And funny enough you chose both of their 2000-era pics.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Jericho. I can't really think of any stellar or consistent years from the decade that Triple H had.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Jericho is a more well rounded character...HHH has eased up on his schedule over the last few years...Vote...Jericho

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Definitely Jericho. Even though HHH may have had a more successful career (in terms of title runs), Jericho's ring work, mic work, ability to work as both a face and a heel, and ability to put people over definitely gets my vote.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    WrestleMania 2000 rematch here.

And funny enough you chose both of their 2000-era pics.
    I presume you mean a Wrestlemania X8 rematch.

Basic B*tches

Status

I voted for HHH because in typical IWC fashion.. most cannot see past his relationship with Stephanie.

Jericho had a couple very good to great years in the last decade but most of his time was spent in midcard hell where he more often than not.. did not bring his A-game.

Triple H's 2000 is better than any one year Jericho had..

HHH carried the company at times when there was nobody else.

- W * G * M -

WAKE UP

Status

Who mentioned his relationship with Steph?

I think Jericho is overated, but I don't think lack of effort or phoning it in has ever been an issue with him.

Basic B*tches

Status

not on the mic.. but I remember quite a few performances he had on RAW in tags or multiman matches where he was sloppy as hell.. and his last year in the company was terrible..

meh. Chalk one up for the IWC. I can see where this tourney is heading..

- W * G * M -

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

How many matches has Triple H really brought his own A-Game? Jericho's 7 years outside 2000 (and Jericho's 2000 was pretty damn good anyway) far eclipses HHH's 9 years outside of 2000.

Most people have acknowledged HHH had a great 2000, but he also had some absolutely atrocious years.

Let's talk not with this IWC hates HHH stereotype. I don't hate Triple H, I kinda like him, but he's nowhere near Jericho as a wrestler for the past ten years.

Shock Reviews Archive

Basic B*tches

Status

What matches are we talking about?

HHH up to a couple years ago was still putting on good matches with Jeff Hardy and Cena among others.. he had a terrible year in 2003 when he was injured and he missed time because of the quads..

Outside of HBK, (who everyone has good matches with) where is Jericho's track record? Even his matches with Christian weren't great.. Christian had better matches with Jack Swagger.

On the mic, HHH worked successfully as a face or heel. Jericho was given plenty of opportunities to work as a face and it never worked.. he always ended up having to go back to the same character.

- W * G * M -

WAKE UP

Status

Oh, I agree Jericho sucked during the last year or so of his tenure and he was sloppy as shit, but I don't think it was lack off effort. Meh.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    What matches are we talking about?

HHH up to a couple years ago was still putting on good matches with Jeff Hardy and Cena among others.. he had a terrible year in 2003 when he was injured and he missed time because of the quads..

Outside of HBK, (who everyone has good matches with) where is Jericho's track record? Even his matches with Christian weren't great.. Christian had better matches with Jack Swagger.

On the mic, HHH worked successfully as a face or heel. Jericho was given plenty of opportunities to work as a face and it never worked.. he always ended up having to go back to the same character.
    Jericho had multiple great matches with Benoit (Judgment Day and Royal Rumble), Rey Mysterio (Extreme Rules, The Bash, Smackdown), Shawn Michaels (No Mercy, Judgment Day), The Rock (No Mercy, Royal Rumble) and has had a host of good TV matches that are easy to find. Those mentioned are just guys that he's had multiple great matches with.

Jericho didn't work as a face? He was the second biggest face in the company for most of 2000 and outpopped everyone except the Rock. Bad booking was the reason he never became higher, and they pulled the trigger on him when he was a heel.

Jericho has been stupidly misused, whereas HHH was overpushed for a lot of the decade.

Triple H has had some great matches, but he's also responsible for a lot of the shit main events in WWE in the 2000's.

Shock Reviews Archive

Basic B*tches

Status

Those main events weren't his fault.. look who he had to work with.. Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash.. He got good matches out of Batista before Batista developed..

Jericho was a decent face in 2001 during the invasion but after that... fail.

- W * G * M -

WAKE UP

Status

It's easy to blame Steiner and Nash for those matches but HHH was also bad in them, and Batista was actually pretty good by 2004... their WM and Backlash matches were boring because of HHH and went way too long.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, Edge are examples of poor Triple H matches against opponents that have had good matches in the past in main event scenarios. Triple H had one really good match against Orton in about 10 different attempts and the same with Shawn Michaels having one great match in a 2 year feud and everything else was either boring or actually shit.

Jericho was a fine midcard face in 2004-2005, just nothing special. It was still much better than Triple H's D-X incarnations in 2000's pretty comfortably. Outside that, Jericho has been mostly a heel outside of straight after he returned in 2007 (and even then he was a face for about 6 months). 2000 Jericho as a face was tremendous and up until the Alliance was one of the biggest faces in the company behind The Rock and (briefly) Austin.

Like I've said, HHH has had some fantastic matches, but he's had even more really boring ones against established names like Cena, Orton, Shawn Michaels, Batista, Edge, Kurt Angle, Kane, RVD to name a few.

When was HHH a good face this decade? The Kurt Angle feud that was botched in 2000? The D-X incarnation in 2006? His dull run between 2007 and 20011? His lacklustre return in 2002?
    Last edited by Shock; 03-25-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Shock Reviews Archive

Basic B*tches

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TheShockmaster View Post
    When was HHH a good face this decade? The Kurt Angle feud that was botched in 2000? The D-X incarnation in 2006? His dull run between 2007 and 20011? His lacklustre return in 2002?
    I judge a good face on crowd reaction more than anything.. his return in 2002 was lackluster? It may have been the biggest pop I've ever heard. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.. he is always over as a face where Jericho wasn't.. and they've had to turn him back.

- W * G * M -

WAKE UP

Status

People were leaving during his match with Jericho at Wrestlemania, that shows how little people cared about him, regardless of how big the initial pop was.

Thread Information