View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samoa Joe

13 50.00%
  • The Undertaker

13 50.00%

Thread: The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Samoa Joe vs Undertaker(2000's)

Established Veteran

Status

The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Samoa Joe vs Undertaker(2000's)

The following contest in a first round match in the Wrestling Clique World Tournament

This match will take place at "The Birds Nest" Beijing National Staduim

The Contestant for this match are randomly drawn are

Samoa Joe

VS

The Undertaker (2000's)

This contest is scheduled for one fall, with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 24 x 24 ring with no ramp leading to the ring. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

If you are not familiar with someone in a match, please do not vote for the other man based solely on that. Research the individual so you do know about them, or wait to see what other people say about them to gauge which way you should vote. Either way we want you to participate and to have fun. We just don't want anyone to get the short end of the stick because "You don't know who they are" or "Haven't seen much of their work".

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying someone should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Re: The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Samoa Joe vs Undertaker(200

Even though Joe's been completely irrelevant for the last few years, it doesn't take away how fantastic he was earlier in the decade.

- Wrestler of the year for 2005
    - Joe Vs. Punk II and III
    - Saved ROH from going under thanks to RF
    - Joe Vs. Kobashi
    - Made the ROH Title
    - MVP of TNA's best time period
    - Best match in TNA history
    - Best match in ROH history

Up until 2006, Taker wasn't even really good. Thanks to a lot of breaks since then, his quality years could be compressed into a much shorter period. Joe has him beat.

Established Veteran

Status

Re: The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Samoa Joe vs Undertaker(200

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Even though Joe's been completely irrelevant for the last few years, it doesn't take away how fantastic he was earlier in the decade.

- Joe Vs. Kobashi
    - Made the ROH Title

Up until 2006, Taker wasn't even really good. Thanks to a lot of breaks since then, his quality years could be compressed into a much shorter period. Joe has him beat.

This is exactly what I had in mind when drafting the list and thinking of Samoa Joe. I thought back to when Samoa Joe was bigger than God in ROH. There are few people in the 2000's who have dominated any promotion in the fashion that Samoa Joe did. Undertaker is the phenom and he's beaten the best of them so you'd think that this is cut-and-dry but it's not that simple. Samoa Joe is a guy with all the tools to break down The Undertaker piece by piece. To some extent you can't blame him for the choices TNA decided to make with his character, which accounts for a lot of his stuff that has been lackluster. Undertaker on the other hand has had underwhelming feuds with "the usual suspects". No one can deny his dominance overall, anytime you have to deal with the dead man it's a tall order. Still, I have to say that if you took Samoa Joe when he was on top of ROH, and put him against Undertaker around 2007-08, Joe breaks him down and beats him. The younger, faster, healthier Samoa Joe would be able to "out work" the dead man who is used to leading a match at a slow pace.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

In the latter half of this decade, Taker has had momentary flashes of brilliance and put on some great PPV bouts - but in my mind, it can't quite compare to the sheer volume of great bouts Joe has had, the fact that he helped contribute greatly to the golden eras of both TNA and ROH, and the fact that he was involved in bouts still considered to be amongst the highest points of where he wrestled.

In this match-up, after an entertaining duel, Taker finds someone worthy of putting over.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

- Joe Vs. Kobashi
    - Made the ROH Title

I agree with this pretty much. While Undertaker has been fantastic since 2006, how often does he actually wrestle? Whereas when Joe was at his best he was wrestling all the time.

Both guys have some amazing matches to their name, some of the best of the decade, but Joe takes this for me quite comfortably in the end.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

WAKE UP

Status

Voted for Joe, but only by a hair. I came in expecting to go with Taker as Joe has sucked for seemingly forever now, but after thinking about it, Joe was phenominal for about 5 years straight, and whilest I have liked Taker for most of the decade, he's only been on that sort of level for a shorter time... I think Taker is getting undersold here, but fuck, Joe in his prime was one of the best ever.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Joe. Just a monsterous middle-of-the-decade for the guy. Tremendous matches against Punk, Kobashi, Aries, Foley, Bryan, etc.

I don't want to undersell Taker, but I find most of his work from the decade annoyingly overpraised.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

.ave to go with what most are saying..Undertaker has had some good matches...But he has been used sparrngly over the last few years...Vote..Joe..

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I'm going with Undertaker on this one, only because I haven't seen much of Samoa Joe's early ring work, and I've always been a fan of the Undertaker's in the mid 2000's.

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

Going with Joe. Have fond memories of that great run he had through the middle of the decade - The Danielson match at the Midnight Express show, the 3 way with Danielson and KENTA, Joe PunkII, the Necro Butcher match, and ofcourse his early TNA stuff with AJ Styles etc...despite sucking for the rest.

Taker's HIAC bout with Lesnar happens to be my favourite HIAC (dodgy selling aside) because it brought the blood, hatred and violence. Love the match he had with Angle at No Way Out in 06 but I generally think his two WM matches with HBK are quite overrated...the second one being the better of the two though.

FFS Calm Doon

Status
      Country                    UK

Voted for Undertaker as he has entertained me more throughout the decade than Joe has.

Thread Information