View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevin Steen

8 32.00%
  • William Regal

17 68.00%

Thread: The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Kevin Steen vs William Regal

Established Veteran

Status

The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Kevin Steen vs William Regal

The following contest in a first round match in the Wrestling Clique World Tournament

This match will take place at "The Birds Nest" Beijing National Staduim

The Contestants for this match as randomly drawn are

Kevin Steen

VS

William Regal

This contest is scheduled for one fall, with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 24 x 24 ring with no ramp leading to the ring. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying someone should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

WAKE UP

Status

re: The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Kevin Steen vs William Regal

I'm a big fan of Steen from like 2006/7 onwards but find him really tedious before then. The Super Dragon matches are everything wrong with PWG.

Regal is the fucking BOSS.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Kevin Steen vs William Rega

Only Steen I've seen is Steenerico matches. Regal.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Kevin Steen vs William Rega

Steen was fantastic last year and his teaming with El Generico was tremendous fun, but Regal is an all time great and has been consistently excellent from the start of the decade to the end. Steen probably has more great matches, but Regal is just in general more consistent. Regal is also more balanced, being able to do comedy matches and angles whenever needed.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

I've got to go with Regal, without a shadow of a doubt. Steen has been fun for the latter few years of the 2000s, but in no way does he match up with Regal, who's been consistently great throughout. One of the most criminally underrated guys imaginable is our Regal. He's stunning in the ring and great on the mic, and can get a good match out of nearly anyone. I hope he gets listed for his nineties work too - and that he gets pretty far in this tournament.

GSP! GSP! GSP!

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Have watched much more Steen than I have Regal. Have generally enjoyed Steen's in-ring work more whereas Regal's mic skills are phenomenal.
    I give it to Steen though.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Regal. Steen is way too dependant/inconsistant, though he's an epic personality
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Much like the previous poll...regal deserves to win this round....But i enjoy Steen`s character...went with Steen....

I absolutely love William Regal. He's one of the few guys who I'm content with only watching his matches if I need to. However, what all has he done in the 2000's? Some great matches with Chris Benoit and Christian. Outside of that, he was mostly just an entertaining personality who you could count on to at least put on a watchable match. Thanks to the WWE rarely pushing him as a wrestler, he didn't get the chance to do much.

As for Steen:

- Best feud in PWG history with Super Dragon in 2005
    - Best feud of 2007 with the Briscoes
    - Best feud of 2010 with El Generico (I suppose 2010 could apply to the 2000's or 2010's)
    - One of the best teams of the 2000's with El Generico
    - Best tag feud of 2009 with the American Wolves
    - MVP of PWG for 2005
    - MVP of ROH for 2010 (Yes, even over Hero)
    - Entertaining on the mic

Thanks to actually being pushed, Steen was able to actually live up to his capabilities unlike Regal who spent most of the 2000's shoved into very short matches.

Established Veteran

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I absolutely love William Regal. He's one of the few guys who I'm content with only watching his matches if I need to. However, what all has he done in the 2000's? Some great matches with Chris Benoit and Christian. Outside of that, he was mostly just an entertaining personality who you could count on to at least put on a watchable match. Thanks to the WWE rarely pushing him as a wrestler, he didn't get the chance to do much.

As for Steen:

- Best feud in PWG history with Super Dragon in 2005
    - Best feud of 2007 with the Briscoes
    - Best feud of 2010 with El Generico (I suppose 2010 could apply to the 2000's or 2010's)
    - One of the best teams of the 2000's with El Generico
    - Best tag feud of 2009 with the American Wolves
    - MVP of PWG for 2005
    - MVP of ROH for 2010 (Yes, even over Hero)
    - Entertaining on the mic

Thanks to actually being pushed, Steen was able to actually live up to his capabilities unlike Regal who spent most of the 2000's shoved into very short matches.
    WOW, I came into this one thinking Regal all day, as King Steventon said he is the BOSS, but the way Jim just broke it down I think I have to go with Kevin Steen. He's right, what has Regal really done in the 2000's? He's been enhancement talent. I loved it when he was the Raw GM, but that's not wrestling or accomplishing anything in the ring now is it? Kevin Steen, squeaks by on this one as Regal does what he does as good as anyone else in the business, puts the guy over.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Even though Regal rarely received a well pushed feud, he was able to put his best in his short matches. Regal is able to do both serious and comedic angles/interviews, so he gets my vote.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Andy View Post
    Even though Regal rarely received a well pushed feud, he was able to put his best in his short matches. Regal is able to do both serious and comedic angles/interviews, so he gets my vote.
    And so does Steen. Maybe not as funny in terms of backstage skits, but he always has the funniest lines and is the man when it comes to serious, intense promos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sweet Meat

Status

Glad to see Jim voted Steen too. I was beginning to worry I made a horrible mistake, and continued considering it after because of who else voted him, but Marketh/Jim agree so it's k.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Thread Information