View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nigel McGuinness

22 81.48%
  • Dos Caras Jr./Alberto Del Rio

5 18.52%

Thread: The WC World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Nigel McGuinness vs Alberto Del Rio

Established Veteran

Status

The WC World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Nigel McGuinness vs Alberto Del Rio

The following contest in a first round match in the Wrestling Clique World Tournament

This match will take place at "The Birds Nest" Beijing National Staduim

The Contestants for this match as randomly drawn are

Nigel McGuinness

VS

Dos Caras Jr./Alberto Del Rio

This contest is scheduled for one fall, with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 24 x 24 ring with no ramp leading to the ring. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying someone should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.
    Last edited by Crocker; 03-24-2011 at 06:21 AM.

WAKE UP

Status

re: The WC World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Nigel McGuinness vs Alberto Del Rio

Once again I question why Del Rio is even in this.

i love moms

Status

Wow, I never realized how beat up the old ROH world title was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lghikas View Post
    I basically live out my internet life to gain Jake's approval.
    [10:54 PM] Yeezus: these bitches love Jake, hit em with that cobra now that boy slumped ova

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

i question why this is a poll, should del rio get one vote it'd be an atrocity.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: The WC World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Nigel McGuinness vs Alberto Del Rio

Alberto Del Rio did nothing in the 2000's, whereas Nigel for the most part has been a damn fine wrestler (although I did stop watching ROH in 2008, so wouldn't know too much from then). Nigel, easily.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

I imagine that relatively few have seen Dos Caras Jr. in action - if people vote him based on his work as Del Río outside the 2000s, I'll be pretty dismayed.

DCJ's wrestling skills shouldn't be underestimated, and WWE chose a great guy to bring up from Mexico. But McGuinness did so much more in the 2000s, and every year that he worked, I'd list him in my top 20 wrestlers. Charismatic, intense, and all in all a great wrestler who could give you your money's worth in a brawl or a technical bout.

GSP! GSP! GSP!

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

McGuinness takes this easily. He was the man back in his ROH days.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Nigel. If Alberto gets a vote .....
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

If this poll was taking place at this time next year...Perhaps Del Rio would garner some votes....he has only been on TV outside of Mexico for a little under a year now...Nigel is far more well known....

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

If this poll were taking place in five years time, it should not make much of a difference, since it's supposed to be about their performance in the 2000s alone.

Team Canada

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Welbek View Post
    If this poll were taking place in five years time, it should not make much of a difference, since it's supposed to be about their performance in the 2000s alone.
    True.....But my point still applies....Nigel is more well known on a National basis, because he has been featured in the US for several years now....Where as Dell Rio/Caras may have been very successful. in the 2000`s...Few outside of Mexico are/were aware of his success...

Who nominated Del Rio anyhow?

If Del Rio can be in this, why not Ricky Steamboat?
    Last edited by Jim; 03-24-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Team Canada

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Who nominated Del Rio anyhow?

If Del Rio can in this, why not Ricky Steamboat?
    I imagine Steamboat would be in the 80`s grouping....

Established Veteran

Status

Dos Caras Jr's success in Mexico is the reason why he is in this tournament. I just thought I should clear that up for King Steventon. Sure, his work is not as well known, but he was a phenomenon in Mexico, and as we've seen in WWE he is a great wrestler. How many people debut and make Rey Mysterio their bitch? Really? Not many I can recall.

Caras is apart of one of the greatest Mexican wrestling families ever, equivalent to the Harts in Canada. He was an accomplished amateur wrestler, almost going to the Olymipcs, but Mexico decided not to send a wrestling team to the Olympics. Had they have done it he was a sure fire team memeber. He also had a somewhat successful MMA career, and has had an illustrious career in AAA and CMLL. All of this in the 2000's before going to WWE. He is most definitely worth of being in here.

Nigel however...damn. What can you say, the guy is practically a ROH legend and rightfully so. His success in the American market with ROH is unquestionable. This is another guy I was reading about for years before I ever got to see his matches, and just reading about him I knew this guy was a serious serious threat to anyone he faced, and was one of the top wrestlers on the globe. While Nigel is the favorite and has many accomplishments to him name, I just don't see him pulling it out against Dos Caras Jr. or Alberto Del Rio as he is now known.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    I imagine Steamboat would be in the 80`s grouping....
    Je...sus...Christ...m...a...n.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Team Canada

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Hi Marketh! View Post
    Je...sus...Christ...m...a...n.
    Please expand on that...Are you praying or do you have an opinion ?

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    Please expand on that...Are you praying or do you have an opinion ?
    He was very obviously joking and you...use...ellipsis...more than anyone...I've...ever...seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sand in the potato salad.

Status

Ah, finally someone calls out the ellipses. I...mocked them...but I...didn't...question them...

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Game Rage View Post
    Dos Caras Jr's success in Mexico is the reason why he is in this tournament. I just thought I should clear that up for King Steventon. Sure, his work is not as well known, but he was a phenomenon in Mexico, and as we've seen in WWE he is a great wrestler. How many people debut and make Rey Mysterio their bitch? Really? Not many I can recall.

Caras is apart of one of the greatest Mexican wrestling families ever, equivalent to the Harts in Canada. He was an accomplished amateur wrestler, almost going to the Olymipcs, but Mexico decided not to send a wrestling team to the Olympics. Had they have done it he was a sure fire team memeber. He also had a somewhat successful MMA career, and has had an illustrious career in AAA and CMLL. All of this in the 2000's before going to WWE. He is most definitely worth of being in here.

Nigel however...damn. What can you say, the guy is practically a ROH legend and rightfully so. His success in the American market with ROH is unquestionable. This is another guy I was reading about for years before I ever got to see his matches, and just reading about him I knew this guy was a serious serious threat to anyone he faced, and was one of the top wrestlers on the globe. While Nigel is the favorite and has many accomplishments to him name, I just don't see him pulling it out against Dos Caras Jr. or Alberto Del Rio as he is now known.
    How much of this did you just lift from wikipedia? Dos Jr. was a decent name in Mexico but never a big draw or a great wrestler there. He isn't a top 10 Mexican wrestler for the decade, and his inclusion seems like someone just nominated him because hes a current name even though he debuted in WWE after the decade, and that was over-looked.

Thread Information