View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Angle

19 67.86%
  • Low-Ki

9 32.14%

Thread: The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Kurt Angle vs Low-Ki

Established Veteran

Status

The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Kurt Angle vs Low-Ki

The following contest in a first round match in the Wrestling Clique World Tournament

This match will take place at "The Birds Nest" Beijing National Staduim

The Contestants for this match as randomly drawn are

Kurt Angle

VS

Low-Ki

This contest is scheduled for one fall, with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 24 x 24 ring with no ramp leading to the ring. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying someone should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

WAKE UP

Status

Re: The Wrestling Clique World Tournament 2000's: Round 1 Kurt Angle vs Low-Ki

Angle might be the single most repetitive wrestler of the last decade, and he was only good for about half of it (if that), and the majority of his matches are tedious spotfests that serve as an expample of how shitty "this is awesome" style wrestling can be.

Ki got a good match out of Chuck Taylor, which is the wrestling equal of turnin water into wine.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I really enjoyed Angle, but Ki is gonna get my vote based on overall personal preference.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Low Ki gets my vote. Angle's best eclipses Ki's best but then again Angle hasn't had too many enjoyable matches since 2003, whereas Ki has been consistent.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Angle's decade got worse. He set the bar pretty high, but developed a really annoying and repetitive formula.

Ki.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Although he is slowing down...Angle is the best pure wrestler of the last decade easily...

This may be the toughest one of the first round. Even though Angle really dropped off in the last few years, Ki had some uneventful years as well. The one thing that does really help Low-Ki is knowing what an absolute beast he was in PWG in 2007-2008. Thanks to being in TNA, those should have been complete write offs.

I'll go with Ki, but both guys were deserving of making it past the first round.

Established Veteran

Status

Angle has way too much success in the 2000's to lose this match. I think Low-Ki would give him all he wanted and then some in the actual match, but the accomplishments of Kurt Angle just don't lie. Even if we leave Wrestlemania 19 out of the equation, he was still IWGP and TNA champ at the same time beating Brock Lesnar in Japan for the IWGP title. He held every TNA title at the same time, fronted the MEM, has one of the better feuds going in TNA right now, and that's not even looking at everything he did in WWE. Just his TNA work alone says "This guy is the man". Whether he has a routine in the ring or not I can not hold that against him. Ric Flair is said to have wrestled the same match for 30 years, along with many others who had a "formula" in the ring. Angle's, like it or not has been more successful against a tougher crop of opponents. Angle wins via Ankle Lock at the 18 minute mark after a hard fought battle from Low-Ki.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Game Rage View Post
    Angle has way too much success in the 2000's to lose this match. I think Low-Ki would give him all he wanted and then some in the actual match, but the accomplishments of Kurt Angle just don't lie. Even if we leave Wrestlemania 19 out of the equation, he was still IWGP and TNA champ at the same time beating Brock Lesnar in Japan for the IWGP title. He held every TNA title at the same time, fronted the MEM, has one of the better feuds going in TNA right now, and that's not even looking at everything he did in WWE. Just his TNA work alone says "This guy is the man". Whether he has a routine in the ring or not I can not hold that against him. Ric Flair is said to have wrestled the same match for 30 years, along with many others who had a "formula" in the ring. Angle's, like it or not has been more successful against a tougher crop of opponents. Angle wins via Ankle Lock at the 18 minute mark after a hard fought battle from Low-Ki.
    This more or less sums up my thoughts as well.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I really hate when people bring kayfabe/overbooking into an argument, whether it's welcomed or not.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Basic B*tches

Status

Angle did become very repetitive and if he was against someone else.. I may have voted against him but while Ki is a very solid in-ring performer (and has the resume to prove it) he is fucking terrible on the mic.. brutal. Angle was good at being face or heel. He had far more personality.

Kurt Angle.

- W * G * M -

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Kurt Angle was on fire in the early 2000's. He had great feuds, promos, etc. Angle continued to be great in his matches even to this day (though not that exciting anymore), and he gets my vote easily.

Thread Information