Thread: How would you book Sin Cara's WWE debut?

Underdog

Status
      Country                    us=United States

How would you book Sin Cara's WWE debut?

Pretty much what the title says. How would you book his WWE debut?

No G In Me

Status

Re: How would you book Sin Cara's WWE debut?

I am not familiar with his past work but i've heard great things and the vignettes they've been airing have been impressive.

Not sure what side he's going to be on but if they plan on booking him as a force, i'd immediately send him at Kofi to run for the Intercontinental Championship. What better way to build top level new talent than to give them a shot at the once prestigious title. Maybe if he wins it he can bring some respect back to it.

Anyways, have him and Kofi go at it in multiple non-title matches that Kofi loses all of except one that he wins by like dq or something random like that. Have the feud build up to a ppv at the end of the month where Sin Cara wins the IC title and thus sends Kofi into a rampage. This will push Kofi to his much needed heel turn.

After that those two can go at it and pretty much whatever happens happens at that point. Just an idea though.No need bringing him in against lower card guys where the matches ultimately mean nothing.
    NO Words.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

I am not really familiar with the guy either really but I know, just from the video package of him doing some flips and shit that he is a highflyer and I guess he is pretty good. So I would book him like this:

First of all I would have him come out at Wrestlemania after Cody Rhodes has defeated Rey Mysterio and is about to expose his face to the WWE Universe. I would have him get there just in time, chase Cody Rhodes out of the ring and tend to Rey. Then following that on the next week's Smackdown I would have him cut a promo about how he is proud of his heritage and that Cody Rhodes unmasking Rey Mysterio is disrespectful to his roots and that he is good friends with Rey or something like that.

This would set up a triple threat match at Extreme Rules for the number 1 contendership to the World Title, now that stipulation is not required but I just feel it would add something to it as a random Triple Threat match for nothing doesn't really happen. I would have Cody Rhodes win this match only to lose his match against Edge the Friday afterwards (not that that really matters).

This would free both Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara to form a tag team they could feud with The Corre to begin with and win the tag team titles have them defend their titles against random teams, perhaps continuing their feud with Cody Rhodes in the process until a few weeks after the draft where Sheamus would move to Smackdown (having lost the US Title) and slowly build an alliance with Drew McIntire, who he seemed to work well with at Royal Rumble. Then they could challenge for the tag titles, this would turn out to become a back and forth rivalry that would ultimately end in a good build up for Sin Cara, a return to greatness of the tag team division and something to do for Drew, Sheamus and Rey.

You could have Cody Rhodes team with Drew which would make more sense but I don't want to see them team up again but it could happen and, like I said would be more logical. Basically, the mark in me took over but they could have Cara and Rey's feud just flutter out over a few weeks.

Status

Have Sin Cara debut on probably SD, and maybe have him face people like McIntyre, Swagger, Kingston, etc. for maybe one or two weeks so that the fans get a chance to get used to him and decide if they like Cara or not.

After those few matches, have him move into a feud with the IC Champ. The feud should lead to one, maybe two PPV matches where Cara can show off his moves and abilities to the crowd, as the fans ooh and ah at him. Then, have Cara win in the end and become IC Champ.

After Cara becomes IC Champ, move him into a feud with Mysterio. Since Mysterio's on the "putting over" kick, have Cara and Mysterio feud for a few weeks. Have Mysterio be heel, even though it'll be pretty hard to turn him heel. This is because I don't think Cara will talk much, and if he can't do promos then he won't be able to build the heat. Maybe turn Mysterio heel by have him saying that Cara just popped up in WWE and "stole his thunder", or something like that. Have this feud over the IC Title last one or two months, with Mysterio ultimately winning. Mysterio and Cara then shake hands, as Mysterio realizes he was wrong as he turns face again.

Then, you can go one of two ways. Either have Cara and Mysterio team up (after Mysterio loses the IC Title) and go after the tag titles, bringing some respect back to them as they have some really good matches against a few teams for a few months. Or, if you REALLY want to give Cara the ADR treatment, have Cara win a #1 Contender match for the WC title. Then, have Cara feud with ADR for a few months for the title. I don't know how this feud will work though, since both men have some legitimate heat between each other.

You could also have Cara have some upper-mid card feuds with some reputable talent until ADR loses the title, then have Cara fight for the WC title.

Resident Dumbass

Status
      Country                    za=South Africa

I have not read the Smackdown spoilers (nor do I want to), so I have no idea who wins the title matches but this is what I'd set up:

E&C win the titles on this week's Smackdown and Edge goes into Wrestlemania as a World and Tag Team champion. The debuting Sin Cara gets himself involved in Edge/Del Rio's match, helping Del Rio. Christian tries to make the save for Edge but is unsuccessful and as such Del Rio wins the title.

This would set up a tag team feud between the two pairs, leading to successful tag title defences and all culminating in a TLC match (hey, I can dream, okay!).

The reason behind Sin Cara helping Del Rio is because of Del Rio's rich heritage. WWE hasn't kept Sin Cara's background a secret, so let it be known at how successful he has been. Del Rio used his contacts and money to employ Sin Cara as his lackey and bring him from CMLL to WWE to ensure his victory against Edge.

Status

I'd have Triple H bury him. Welcome to WWE fool. lol
    Spoiler:

Roll Tide...Because Charlie said so.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Has anybody thought of him actually teaming with Chavo Guerrero? Could be great and could get a bit of spice for the Tag division. After Sin Cara has gotten used to, he breaks away from the team and starts going into the midcard division more and maybe starts feuding with Alberto Del Rio or Rey Mysterio.

Squash Fodder

Status

Im really exited about Sin Cara, although i wish they could of kept his legendary name Mistico. As far as his debut, i would like to see him face off against a good middle carder that can put him well over in his first match. Not everybody is adapted to his high flying style, so if anything i would like to see a match between Sin Cara and Morrison. It would be a good bout between two technical wrestlers. Another good choice would be Evan Bourne or even Del Rio, highly unlikely but yeah.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

debut win and against someone he can put on a great match with = Chavo.

No G In Me

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post
    I'd have Triple H bury him. Welcome to WWE fool. lol
    LOL maybe he should have signed with TNA for a few months to make the burial fully worth it
    NO Words.

Indy Talent

Status

First I want Alberto Del Rio too keep his bully attitude against Edge. Along the way perhaps during or after wrestlemania I want Sin Cara to debut by attacking Alberto Del Rio after Del Rio tries to kayfabe injure Edge. Edge is out of action for a few weeks setting up a new feud between Alberto Del Rio and Sin Cara. The following week a match is set up by GM Teddy Long. Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio and Cody Rhodes.

This would be a good start for him.

Squash Fodder

Status

I would mix the route of the 80's with today to an extent. I would have him debut against a local jobber just so he can show off his moves while doing no damage to the current roster. I hate the concept of having JTG or anyone who was ever given a character being the full on jobber. Have him beat a different local jobber the next week, but show a video of him on the titantron to distract the guy who he plans to feud with. The third week have him defeat yet another local jobber despite having his feud opponent try to distract him. 3 wins, a set feud and no one on the actual roster has been laid to waste.

After this have the usual face start and finish triumph feud. Have Cara be challenged to a PPV match by his opponent, have it be a hard fought match, but Cara wins to start the feud and give himself credibility. Have the opponent challenge him to a rematch and give Cara his first loss to give the opponent credibility and Cara a reason to want a third match. Have a higher risk third match to blow off the feud as it is highly personal and extremely even at this point. Have Cara win an extremely close, clean finish to make the loser of the feud look strong for keeping it so close, but Cara look even better because he actually beat a somebody whoever that somebody may be.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Quote Originally Posted by maty619 View Post
    I am not really familiar with the guy either really but I know, just from the video package of him doing some flips and shit that he is a highflyer and I guess he is pretty good. So I would book him like this:

First of all I would have him come out at Wrestlemania after Cody Rhodes has defeated Rey Mysterio and is about to expose his face to the WWE Universe. I would have him get there just in time, chase Cody Rhodes out of the ring and tend to Rey. Then following that on the next week's Smackdown I would have him cut a promo about how he is proud of his heritage and that Cody Rhodes unmasking Rey Mysterio is disrespectful to his roots and that he is good friends with Rey or something like that.

This would set up a triple threat match at Extreme Rules for the number 1 contendership to the World Title, now that stipulation is not required but I just feel it would add something to it as a random Triple Threat match for nothing doesn't really happen. I would have Cody Rhodes win this match only to lose his match against Edge the Friday afterwards (not that that really matters).

This would free both Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara to form a tag team they could feud with The Corre to begin with and win the tag team titles have them defend their titles against random teams, perhaps continuing their feud with Cody Rhodes in the process until a few weeks after the draft where Sheamus would move to Smackdown (having lost the US Title) and slowly build an alliance with Drew McIntire, who he seemed to work well with at Royal Rumble. Then they could challenge for the tag titles, this would turn out to become a back and forth rivalry that would ultimately end in a good build up for Sin Cara, a return to greatness of the tag team division and something to do for Drew, Sheamus and Rey.

You could have Cody Rhodes team with Drew which would make more sense but I don't want to see them team up again but it could happen and, like I said would be more logical. Basically, the mark in me took over but they could have Cara and Rey's feud just flutter out over a few weeks.

I'm loving your idea but I feud them also with the team of Rhodes & Joe Hennig (not McCilacutter) use his late dad's name

So you can build the tag div around

Mysterio/Sin Cara - face
    Rhodes/Perfect - heel
    McIntyre/Sheamus - heel
    Santino/Kozlov - face
    The Uso's - heel
    Hawkins/Barretta - face
    Henry/R Truth - heel
    Gabriel/Slater - heel
    Bourne/Yoshi - face
    Zek/Kofi - heel
    The Harts - face
    Primo/Tito Colon - face

aka badguy

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Always wanted to see Sin Cara do something with Rey-Rey, but in a way I dont want it to happen straight away, I'd like to see WWE build him up first and what better way than to have him be built up slowly, maybe get a few wins over say Drew McIntyre, Chavo Guerrero and a few others just to get people use to him and then slowly build to a program which involves him and Rey Mysterio.

I just think right now Sin Cara could be the next big thing for WWE in there Mexican audiences and to have him team with Rey Mysterio would do wonders for WWE and Sin Cara, especially since Rey's career is near to an end.

Thanks to Troy.

^ this and the avatar thanks to BenWah

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

I'd like for WWE to be not racist and actually put Mistico against someone who's not Mexican.

A program with Christian could do really well, as well as one against a heel Chris Masters.

The Christian route I'd take, would involve Mistico being heel, debuting and making an immediate claim to the world title by interrupted an Edge/Christian feel-good moment and calling Christian out. Say some jazz that pertains to Christian trying to mend the gap between the two only so that he could be closer to the world title. Christian could take offense to this and after a series of exchanged words and matches, Teddy books a number one contender's match. The winner goes on and is tossed into a triple threat against Edge and Del Rio, this match of course concludes with either Christian or Mistico interfering and costing the nether the match, which boils over into more bad blood. Christian then decided to end it the only rational way... with a TLC match. Mistico and Christian put on a clinic, a five star match with ease, and whoever wins goes onto challenge the world champion while the loser finds a new rival.

With Chris Masters, the storyline would involve turning Masters heel and reviving the Masterlock Challenge which Mistico accepts. Mistico uses his agility to craft a way out of the Masterlock which ends in Masters being enraged and beating down Mistico afterwards. The feud gets even more personal when Master defiles the name of lucha libre and calls it obsolete to the American grappling. Perhaps a best of 5 (pr 7) series spills over from it, lucha vs. American grappling more or less which pretty much concludes in one of the men having to leave the brand.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Why would it be racist to put him against someone else who is Mexican? If anything, it just makes sense given they'll be able to mesh well together due to knowing the style well. They don't have to do it, but if they did it wouldn't be racist to do so.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

No G In Me

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TheShockmaster View Post
    Why would it be racist to put him against someone else who is Mexican? If anything, it just makes sense given they'll be able to mesh well together due to knowing the style well. They don't have to do it, but if they did it wouldn't be racist to do so.
    racist might be an overstatement but contrived would be a better way to look at it. i mean why make the lone hispanic guys in the promotion fued IMMEDiATELY...no problem with them feuding at some point, they're all in the same company but to immediately lump them together(especially Rey & Sin being masked superstars) almost discredits them to some degree...

you're right about the guys knowing the style more, but i mean they wouldnt sign a guy to wwe if he wasnt able to wrestle with just about anybody on the roster. i think he should feud with a few other guys before he goes at Rey or Del Rio.
    NO Words.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

They should probably wait for the Rey and Del Rio feuds/matches, definitely, because they're going to be big money matches (the Rey one in particular), but it's still not an awful idea to have them wrestle straight away. That's what they did with Del Rio by having him debut against Rey and it worked well.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I'm shocked that the idea of racism has come into this discussion because people are suggesting that Sin Cara debut (as is likely) in a feud against another Mexican, be it Mysterio, Del Rio, or Guerrero. In all honesty, that's what they should build towards, but preferably I'd like to see it done more subtly than just pushing out a new Hispanic to face a current one.

My idea would be to debut him on Raw (unlike everyone else here it seems, who want him on SmackDown) the night after 'Mania. I'm not totally certain the date of The Draft, but I can't see it taking full affect until after One-Night-Extreme-Backlash-Stand-Rules, so have him face a lower mid-carder like DiBiase in a competative match that he wins. DiBiase could then freak and attack Sin Cara the following week on Raw after he's beat Tyson Kidd, setting up a match at whatever Backlash is called these days. It'd be a nice close contest again, but leaving in no doubt by the end that Cara is Teddy's better.

After that a short feud of respect with John Morrison might be kind of cool, which would lead to a friendship and a possible tag feud with The Miz and Alex Riley (who would've been re-signed thanks to Miz's new manager, Michael Cole - who's no longer commentating) and eventually to a singles feud with The Miz, which Miz would win.

By this point we'd be at Money In The Bank and Sin Cara would be given a spot on the Raw side of things and would showcase his skills, without actually reaching the contract.

Summerslam would see him contend for the IC/US Title (whatever's on Raw) against Kofi or Dolph, which he would win, setting up the now traditional IC vs. US Match at Bragging Rights, which would see him face off against Rey Mysterio. It would be promoted as a dream match. If the commentary team have done their jobs right from Sin's debut, he would be put over in his own right, but the idea of a match with Rey will have been thrown out a couple of times to get people's minds running over-time. Who wins the match isn't actually overly important, as long as they are given time to tell a story. I don't any hand-shaking yet, but tease it. No one offers it, but no one slaps the other. Just a bit of a stare-down. I'm not sure of the best scenario, Rey winning and Sin Cara not liking it, or Sin Cara winning and the commentators being able to say that maybe Rey's met his match? At least with the latter, I know that Rey can come out the following Raw or Smackdown, and offer an apology and challenge for a Team Mysterio vs. Team Cara match at Survivor Series. Given that it makes more sense for Rey to win that one and it's easier to build to with my current knowledge of both men, I'll go with that scenario, but feel free to let me know what you think.

Following that I'd have Sin Cara drop the US/IC Title to Evan Bourne, just for the respectful handshake at the end and possibility of a five-star spotfest.

Royal Rumble would see more interaction with Rey, against him, and in tandem, tease a possible pairing.

Elimination No Way Out Chamber would have both guys in the Chamber Matches, and WrestleMania would see a Raw vs. Smackdown match between the two, Sin Cara winning and the pair finally shaking hands.

The following night would see Rey and Sin Cara paired for a special tag match against whoever the hell they want, basically. It's not really important, as long as they win and look great doing it.

After that, I'd keep them as a pair, straddling both shows and winning the Tag Titles for around the next eight months or so. Eventually losing the belts and tagging together less and less. I'd keep Sin in the upper mid-card region, until Rey's time to retire came along at WrestleMania 29 and I'd have someone such as Drew McIntyre (or that level of potential) do it in such a way that they could take credit for his retirement and brag about it.

Sin Cara would be incensed and would continually invade Smackdown to attack Drew (or whoever) and avenge his friend. He'd be moved across to Smackdown as part of the supplemental Draft, which the commentators would advise was due to a swap deal between the Raw and SD GM's because of his behaviour and the unlikelihood of him ever quitting until he'd found his revenge.

Thus he would've taken Rey's place in everyone's eyes (as is clearly planned) and Rey could retire in a way that put as many people over as possible.

Thread Information