Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Riley?

Entry Number 12

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Alex Riley?

Everytime I see him either enter the ring or walk out with The Miz I just cringe. He's decent in promos in my opinion, though I just don't think he has what it takes to be a WWE wrestler.. at least not yet. He messes up way too much plus he isn't convincing.

He main evented Raw last week. Made me lol.

So, opinions on Riley?

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Re: Alex Riley?

My opinion on Riely has not changed since I first saw him in FCW. He can't wrestle and his talking isn't natural.

He's far too flawed and he has barely improved since being called up.

I'm hoping that his "firing" from Miz's employ will lead to an extended leave of absence, if not a real life booting. Although I feel he's more likely to be announced as Cole's Special Guest Referee for his WrestleMania match with King.

Just Monika... or Yuri

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Yeah, he looks like the kind of frat boy douche who'd hang around someone like The Miz, but that's about it. He is still pretty green and I see him either going back to FCW or pursuing future endeavours.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

He has been sent back to FCW, to get a little more experienced and apparently will be repacked when he does return to the main roster eventually....

Last Real Man Hype

Status

He should've been busted back down to FCW for giving Percy Watson a Michinoku Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Riley is one of many examples of why I dread the idea of cutting most of the mid-card and replacing them with FCW guys, an idea that was reported to have gained currency within the company. Most of these guys just aren't ready for a national-quality promotion, and there are relatively few of the guys brought into prematurely prominent roles from FCW whose work I have enjoyed hitherto.

Perhaps Riley would be decent in a year or two - but at the minute, he's just embarrassing.

FUNKASAURUS

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

He's rubbish at the moment, still totally green, and doesn't really look like he knows what he's doing most of the time. That said though, I don't think he's a totally lost cause though, and after a couple of years in FCW (with loads of hard work on his part) then maybe he might be decent enough for another run in the WWE.
    This time around he was far too high on the card for his ability, and it showed.
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

Jobber

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Don't really know why we are still talking about him, he is back at FCW so time to move on we won't be seeing him for a long time if at all.

Next thing you know we will all start talking about MaVen again.

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

I lol'd when he gave Percy the Michinoku Driver. You could tell Titus, Eli and the others were just like, wtf?

Speaking of which, I preferred just about everyone on NXT2 over him. Titus O'Neal could've been an awesome powerhouse, Joe Hennig had the legacy about him, Husky was great at being a dick, Kaval speaks for himself, Percy had the best personality and I think he was actually the best (bar Kaval) on the show.

That being said, Riley > Cottonwood.

But, you know.. that doesn't prove much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ya_ZRBBa-Q

^lol, Benny Hill style.
    Last edited by Mr. Peanutbutter; 03-08-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

DD Touches my privates

Status
      Country                    Iraq

I for one am glad he won't be on TV anymore, at least for the time being. He was terrible in the ring and on the mic. You know you are bad when Miz can't make you look good.

The Chosen One™

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I LOLed and ROFL every time he tried and do a come-back with words.
    So far the one's I have catched were against Orton and Cena. And those come-backs were terrible that the crowd laughed when both Orton and Cena were confused with Riley's "trash talk". Even Cole admitted that Riley was just terrible. lol.
    Riley has the build, but gawd, the guy really sucks.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by merk51 View Post
    Don't really know why we are still talking about him, he is back at FCW so time to move on we won't be seeing him for a long time if at all.

Why so facetious? People are talking about an individual who may be back sooner than you think, but who, in any case, has very recently been on television. It's hardly like discussing Maven.

My bet is that I wouldn't be surprised if he returns to the main roster by the end of the year, if he's really gone gone. He's been working house shows despite dropping off Raw and has a new catchphrase. SLAM reported that he will be re-debuting eventually; and are you astonished, given the exposure he's had? He really doesn't deserve a return that much in my book though. Since he's bad in the ring and has revealed himself to be appalling on the mic, can't get my head around why they're so into him.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Yeah, but Welbek, the WWE have attempted at off-screen repackaging for mid-card talents number of times before with little result or drop it before it airs.The only successful one I can think of at this time is Dolph Ziggler, though it took him forever to finally find relevance with the new gimmick.

I wouldn't mind Riley's re-debut being sacked >.>
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by N. Quincy Talent View Post
    Yeah, but Welbek, the WWE have attempted at off-screen repackaging for mid-card talents number of times before with little result or drop it before it airs.The only successful one I can think of at this time is Dolph Ziggler, though it took him forever to finally find relevance with the new gimmick.

I wouldn't mind Riley's re-debut being sacked >.>
    That's true, Nicky, and I was aware of that being the case - my point was that Riley is still far more relevant as a topic of discussion than Maven.

I too will be hoping for the redébut to fall by the wayside.

The Mack Daddy

Honestly, he makes The Miz' entrance. Just running around. So entertaining :laugh:

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

I can't quite put my finger on it but everytime I see him in the ring or on the mic, it leaves me feeling cold and dead inside. Although, it could be the fact that he is terrible on both counts.

And with those two counts, he is here charged to live out his days with everyone having an overwhelming sense of apathy towards him.

So in closing, not much will change.

Jersey's in the House...

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

I think now that he aint with The Miz, he wont do well, maybe coz now itll feel like a fallout from his time on NXT. When he was on NXT, he was the best one of that series, great on the mic and in ring and a good gimmick. Id like to see him with that gimmick still and get a bit of a heel push, possibly on SD now he isnt on Raw.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by merk51 View Post
    Maven was actually talented. Alex Riley isn't.

At all.

At anything.

I find it a miracle that the guy can breath in and out without hurting himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz-ggler View Post
    I think now that he aint with The Miz, he wont do well, maybe coz now itll feel like a fallout from his time on NXT. When he was on NXT, he was the best one of that series, great on the mic and in ring and a good gimmick. Id like to see him with that gimmick still and get a bit of a heel push, possibly on SD now he isnt on Raw.
    How, in any way, shape, or form was Alex Riley the best Rookie on NXT2. Kaval, and McGuillicutty were both better in-ring (clearly, and Kaval was better on the mic in my opinion), Watson was more charismatic and better on the mic, and Husky and Lucky both have/had way more potential for future development.

Alex Riley is the epitome of talentless meat-head.

Jersey's in the House...

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post

How, in any way, shape, or form was Alex Riley the best Rookie on NXT2. Kaval, and McGuillicutty were both better in-ring (clearly, and Kaval was better on the mic in my opinion), Watson was more charismatic and better on the mic, and Husky and Lucky both have/had way more potential for future development.

Alex Riley is the epitome of talentless meat-head.
    I didnt say the other ones werent good, in my opinion, i thought he was one of the best ones. I think Kaval was trying to be funny on the mic a lot of the time and it didnt come over well. I think with Riley, his character came across better right from the start. With people like Husky, it took a few weeks for people to properly notice him, after which time he started beating everyone up.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Riley, the most talented man on NXT2? Do you also think that Ringo was the most creative Beatle?

I would have rather have had any other of the season's rookies, except Eli Cottonwood, get the exposure Riley did as Miz's sidekick. I could see the logic behind their pro/rookie pairing on NXT2, but it would have been good to have someone who could actually do something other than take up space have that continued amount of air time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information