One Bad Ass Assassin

Status

Re: Videogame Reviews

Game: Spider-Man Edge of Time

Console: All
    Developer: Activision
    Year Released: 2011
    Genre: Action

Gameplay: The gameplay is pretty mononteous. You can upgrade your attacks, but you usually just use one button, it's like a version of the God Of War engine, just not as deep. There are a ton of new attacks though, and if you are one that likes to unlock everything you could really just spend time unlocking attacks, and the deeper you get into the game the better the attacks get. The game is very very fluid, but there are times like in all Spider-Man games where the camera gets in the way when it comes to wall-crawling, web swinging, and at times the web zip camera doesn't really respond at times. It also has the God Of War falling, and dodging things. These parts I hated, but after a couple of times you get the handle of it, and I may go back and play just these parts, because they are quite impressive. You collect golden Spiders to unlock newspapers, it shows the how the timeline is changing, you unlock different Spidey suits which are really well done, and a gallery. There are also challenges that you can accomplish. It adds to the game, and you may want to go back, and do them all, but you may not want to either.

Graphics & Audio: The game shines when it comes to graphics and audio. They brought back previous Spider-Man actors from Shattered Dimensions, and Val Kilmer does the bad guy. This is a video game where you really can't listen to anything else, because the banter between the two Spider-Mans is constant, and you could miss something in the story if you do not listen to the audio. It works seemless, and the music works well with what you are doing too. During tense times in the game play the music really kicks into gear, and you feel almost panicked, because you need to finish the section of the game.

The graphics are just as good. All the Spidey costumes are really really well done. The environments look good, but they do repeat, because you are basically staying in one building the whole game. You don't really get to free swing where you want, but the detail in the environments are nice, but with how quick the game plays you will not notice it too much. If you took time to look at the graphics you would be impressed. The detail in the villains is very nice.

Story: This is a continuation of Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions and you are using the regular Spider-Man 616 and the Spiderman 2099. Basically the game opens up where Anti-Venom is about to kill Spider-Man 616 and 2099 ends up coming in for the save. For the rest of the game you are basically doing tasks to help each other out.

Pros: The graphics are nice, and the game is very easy to get into. This is a game where maybe you just finished a game that was a 100 hours long, and you just want a real quick game to get in and play. It doesn't take much of your time, and everything is really well done. The story is actually quite good as it was written by Peter David a real avid comic book writer who wrote memorable Hulk and Daredevil stories. There is only one part where it looks they got lazy, and all of a sudden you just ended up where you needed to be.

Cons: The camera the camera the camera. It can be a bothersome sometimes, and the Black Cat fight is annoying. It's a short game, and it does have some replay value, but once you beat the game I doubt you will go back and get the extras.

Brief Summary (1-2 Sentences): This game is getting a lot of negative reviews, but it's actually a very nice and gorgeous game. It's probably a rental, and it's just a fun game to go play, and then be done with it. It's not worth 60 bucks, so rent it or get it when it hits the value bin, but this game is fun, fast paced, and just at times really beautiful. Play it just to play it I think you will enjoy it!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Guess I'll take a crack at doing one.

Game: Forza Motorsport 4

Console: Xbox 360
    Developer: Turn 10 Studios
    Year Released: October 11, 2011
    Genre: Racing

Gameplay: Pretty simple, you drive, break, turn. Not much else to it obviously. There are 5 basic difficulties in terms of car control, ranging from Easy to Expert, and the harder difficulties make the racing more like a simulation of real life. Right now, I'm using Advanced, which is the 2nd hardest difficulty, where traction control and stability control are off (aka makes you more in control of the steering), manual transmission, and a couple of other things. According to the game, Expert is as close as you can get to actually driving, and I believe it. You have to change gears using the clutch, there's no ABS, traction control, or suggested lines through corners for braking. It's the kind of game where you could pick it up and play right off the bat on easy, but mastering the higher difficulties will take time. It's a great deal of fun to play this game though.

Graphics & Audio: I have not seen a better looking game on the 360, and I'd find it hard to place any console game above this game's graphics. They really are that good. The sunlight shining off the roads and water looks brilliant, and the cars themselves are unbelievably gorgeous. My explanation can't do these graphics justice, seriously, if you have the chance, try to check out this game on an HDTV just to see the graphics.

As for the audio, it too is pretty brilliant. The cars themselves sound awesome, and I usually turn my TV up extra loud just to hear the roar of the cars. There's no soundtrack, however, but during races, there is background music, none of which is very good. Just turn the in-game music down a little bit and crank up the SFX and it's perfect.

Story: Not really much of one, you begin racing in lower circuits and work your way up, with the ability to unlock and purchase new cars and upgrades for the cars.

Pros: Before the summer really, I was never really a huge fan of racing in general, much less racing games. However, even if I was, I sincerely doubt that there is a racing simulator better than this. It's just a brilliant, brilliant game. The gameplay is terrific fun, the audio in regards to the cars and the races themselves is mindblowing, and I have to repeat, I don't think I've ever seen graphics this good on any console game, ever. There's a huge number of tracks to race on (including the Top Gear test track which I am particularly happy about), coupled with an enormous amount of cars, means that this game's replay value is extremely high. I can definitely see myself playing this game years from now.

Cons: Not many, honestly. For those of you that care about achievements, this achievement list is pretty brutal. A good deal of them come by playing career and just through natural progression, but it will take a long time for anyone to rack up 1000 GP from this. Also, like I mentioned before, the in-game music during races is pretty bad. Plus, if you're not into racing whatsoever, I guess you probably won't enjoy it.

Brief Summary (1-2 Sentences): This is the absolute best racing game you can get today. The graphics are the best I have ever seen for any console game, and for the first time in a long time, I can safely say that this is a game well worth $60. If you have ever played a racing game or care even the slightest bit about racing or cars in general, do yourself a favor, and go buy this right now. 9.5/10

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Dang, the archive in the first post is getting pretty big. Keep it up, fellas! /sheamus

Seriously, we have a pretty good thing going here. Lots of interesting opinions. I want to write a review of Dark Souls, but I'm not sure whether to wait until my buddy and I finish it, or just to write a "we're in the middle of this game still because it's so god damn hard that we decided to stop here and write a review now" review.

All the reviews are listed in the archive, a big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed so far and a PLEASE, DO to anyone considering making a contribution. Namaste.

Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

A Big Ball of fuNNN

Status

I sincerely doubt anyone will actually care, but I just wanted to write a bad review, the first bad review for WC if I'm correct.

Game: Dragonball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi

Console:
    PS360
    Developer:
    Namco Bandai
    Year Released:
    Genre:
    Fighting

Gameplay:
    As with any Dragonball Z game, you'd expect fighting to be the most important aspect of the entire game. Well, you'd be wrong with Ultimate Tenkaichi. The largest aspect in UT is Quick Time Events. There's a little actual fighting (up close, known as Melee Range, and from far away with energy blasts, known as Blast Range) sprinkled about, but even then, after you press the attack button just a few times, the Quick Time Events begin. The QTEs in combat require you press either the Square or Triangle button (I'm writing this based on the PS3 version, substitute the Xbox buttons in if needed). If you press the same button as your opponent, he wins and is spared a **** load of health. If you press a different button, you get to unleash hell on your opponent. A DBZ videogame requirement is Super attacks, such as the Kamehameha. However, unlike the other games, you don't charge up for your attacks. This ability is earned by beating the **** out of your opponent through Quick Time Events.

Inside the Story Mode and the later to be explained Hero Mode are Giant Boss Fights. Put simply, they'll shoot at you with powerful energy blasts, hit the ground and get their fists stuck, and you then beat up their fists until a Quick Time Event occurs. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Of course, there's the basic mechanics in fighting games such as block and um.....yeah that's about it. A feature new to any DBZ game is the ability to create your own character. However, as expected, there are limitations that will be explained later.

Graphics & Audio:
    By far the greatest thing in this game is the presentation. The game itself looks incredible. All characters actually have different facial expressions (pain, anger, shock, etc.) and are outlined, giving the game that cartoon feel one should expect. Super attacks leave devastation never seen in DBZ video games. The Quick Time Events look badass. Sprinkled through the story mode are several reanimated cutscenes from the TV series, showing some of the most memorable events such as Goku turning into a Super Saiyan for the first time.

The audio shouldn't deserve it's own paragraph because the music is boring and generic, but there's one issue that must be brought up. Of course, the game features a majority of the voice actors featured in the actual series (that series being Dragonball Z Kai, but still). However, during cutscenes in the story mode, certain characters voices will constantly flip-flop between their original voice actors and their new Kai voice actors.

Story:
    The story mode of course follows the Dragonball Z story, which won't be summarized for time constraints outside of fight Vegeta, fight Frieza, fight Cell, and fight Buu. What hasn't been seen before is the new Hero Mode, where you make your own characters and take them through an original story. The story sees someone having wreaked havoc on the Dragonball Z world, apparently killing all of our heroes except for Piccolo. It is portrayed as an alternate reality universe, but it still makes no sense.

After you get about halfway through the story, you'll eventually meet Piccolo. And you'll fight him. Eventually you'll turn into a Super Saiyan. And you'll unlock that ability later on in Battle mode and the World Tournament mode, which are all self-explanatory. After collecting some more Dragonballs, the culprit of the destruction will be revealed to be Omega Shenron.

Pros:
    The presentation -
    The game looks awesome. See the reasons listed above.

The Nimbus Cloud -
    In Hero Mode, you can ride on a cloud used in the series. Yeah. One of two positives is that.

Cons:
    Gameplay -
    It's just awful. A fighting game should never revolve around chance. The automatic hitting or shooting after pressing a button three times is awful and leaves you wide open to get demolished, especially in the Boss Fights.

Quick Time Events -
    In addition to the chance thing, during Boss Fights, there are several instances where you'll have to time a button press perfectly. By this I mean pressing the button when a little dot gets perfectly inside a little circle. You can't be off. At all. Adding major frustration to this is the unbelievable amount of lag, which requires you to press that button to get that little dot in that little circle about a full second before it's actually there.

The Boss Fights themselves -
    They're long, boring, repetitive, and unnecessarily difficult.

Hero Mode -
    A daring concept, but it falls flat. The story makes no sense (at least not to DBZ fans). Your character starts the story maybe 1/5 as strong as characters already in the game. It tries to even it out a little bit by making your enemies just above your level, but later on is where it gets ridiculous. If you lose one Quick Time Event, you'll be out more than half of your health. At this point, the enemy will be able to perform a super attack, which are now impossible to dodge outside of again, Quick Time Events. If they land the attack, you're done.

Characters -
    In 2007, Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was released for Wii and PS2. If I had any working PS2 controllers, I'd still be playing it. It featured 161 characters total, nearly every main villain (and even sidekicks) from all 13 DBZ movies, and several characters from the GT series. Ultimate Tenkaichi features 41 total. There's the standard characters you'd expect, 3 characters from the 13 DBZ movies, and 2 characters from the GT series. You can see where I'm going.

Brief Summary (1-2 Sentences)
    I grew up on Dragonball Z and Dragonball Z games. Taking a look at this game, it could be considered a game strictly for hardcore fans, yet I wouldn't recommend it to even the most hardcore fans.

I was a highwayman

Status
      Country                    United States

I'll try it.
    Game: Army of Two

Console: 360PS3
    Developer: EA
    Year Released: 2008
    Genre:shooter

Gameplay: As said in the name it's based off of two man co-op third person shooter fairly good gameplay and fast.

Graphics & Audio: the graphics are awesome so mutch detail(for me) on the maps.The audio is good but not awesome there were moments where me and my freind were so glad we had subtitles(it was bad).

Story: Again its made for co-op and the story shows that.It starts with tyson rios and elliot salem in a traning camp just teaching you the controlls then they go to somaillia in 1993 its not the hardess map but it can fine tune you're skills for you and it's makes it clear that salem and rios can be bf or ememies.next they go to afgan. in 2001 then iraq in 2003,2008 an aircraft carrier in which clyde(you meet in the first chapter)betrays you.xi jiang river a short chapter with co-op snipe which is beyond cool.the finial chapter is held in miami which a cat.5 hurrican has flooded streets and with a hover craft and on foot in some places you fight you're way though hallways and the airport to save alice(shes you're help and tells you where to go)and take down SSC(who you work for though out the game but the freindship fars aprt in the thrid chapter).

Pros:evern if you cant find anyone to play as you're parter local or online the game has a good A.I. parter.The bad guys don't just stay in one spot they come from behide the sides and the turrents in front challenge you.

Cons: If you're like long storys you might not like it it might be a 5-6 hour story maybe

Brief Summary (1-2 Sentences): if you like tps then you'll like it.there's a sequel(review coming soon).

hope this was helpful.

One Bad Ass Assassin

Status

Game: WWE 12
    Developer: THQ
    Genre: Fighting

Gameplay: The gameplay is so much better than last years game play. Its very smooth, very cinematic, and at times it really feels like a real wrestling match. I can not understate this fact, it feels like a real wrestling match with the twists and turns of a match. You will not dominate the match, because the computer makes sure they get some offense in. For example, I was Sheamus playing against Daniel Bryan, I basically dominated the match, and when I was bout to hit my finisher Daniel Bryan makes a comeback, actually put me in the LeBell Lock and I reached the ropes, and then gave him the Cross. It just felt like I was in an actual wrestling match. The Controls are basically the same, but they do seem more fluid, and it gives you more control. You only really button mash during the submissions, but don't think if you button mash for reversals you will succeed, that is not the case, you have to make sure that hit the button at just the right time. The different camera views are really good, and it runs pretty fluid. At times though especially on tag matches you get caught looking at your partners butt, and not being able to see what you are doing in the ring. There is no weight detection really, and really it doesn't matter, especially when you are playing online, you will have spammers who would just use Big Show all the time. It doesn't take away from the time.

Graphics & Audio: The graphics at times can look plastic especially Drew McIntire, he looks like a plastic doll. The hair can look crazy at times, but that has always been a problem with WWE games. They do look very true to their counterparts, but you can tell some people were just quickly put together. Del Rio looks a little strange, but for the most part everyone is heavily improved on since last year. The details in their face are very good, and you can really tell the improvements just because of the presentation.

The audio to be honest is not as bad as in previous years. Cole and Lawler are horrible yes, but not as bad as they have been in the past games. They actually talk about the match, and build up a match especially during RTWM. It will get old quickly though, and every time Raw starts, Cole boasts the longest running episodic television show, and sometimes he will even interject it into a match, but for the most part it is improved, again not perfect, and you will probably turn it off after a couple of hours, but they are better, and this is a positive direction they are heading into. The wrestlers when they talk in RTWN seem at times that they are not talking to you, and sometimes you can't hear what they are saying, almost like it was an afterthought.

Story: It's a wrestling game!

Pros: The creation mode is very indepth, with more options to use, the new stuff they added into WWE 12 is labeled by new. Of course you can go online and download stuff. Right now my goal is to download a true WCW roster so I can have WWE vs. WCW. There are 50 slots you can use, and the customization in Universe mode is AWESOME!!! You can really do what every you want to do, and you have more options that last year, and just more to do than last year. You can customize your friends/ally, what title they are chasing, and there is now a momentum meter on the bottom to show how your wresterl is doing. You can create any organization, create any wrestler, and do really whatever the heck you want. The Universe mode is where you will spend 90 percent of the time. RTWM will take some of your time, but it won't take a lot of your time, because you will be thinking about going back to Universe mode, and creating your own Universe.

I haven't even talked about all the matches, all the custom matches, all the custom arenas you can create, all the belts, just everything you want to customize, you will do until your hearts content! Plus added DLC, and you have Vader and Demolition which to me is a bigger deal than Brock Lesner, now if they added the Powers of Pain! OH YEAH!!!

Cons: The usual stuff that has always hindered WWE games, the commentary is mediocre, some of the graphics with wrestlers look bad, but it really doesn't take away from the experience unless you are stern on your graphics.

Brief Summary: Is this Fire Pro? No, Is this No Mercy? No. But this game is the closest thing you will come to both of those games. You have so much ability to create your own Universe you will spend 100's of hours just creating and developing your own Universe. It's not perfect, but oh my goodness they are getting so so so close!

9/10

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Game:NBA 2k12

Console: 360/PS3/PC
    Developer: 2k
    Genre:Sports

Gameplay: Gameplay remains a stellar point in 2k games. While it does take some getting used to the animations feel less inhibitive this year, and the post game has improved drastically. They also added escape shots, and emphasized the shimmy and stop pop that Olajuwon and Jordan made popular. Either way, it's an improvement over 11, and remains the class of sports games

Graphics & Audio: Graphics are amazing, and almost otherworldly at times. The cut sequences are amazing, and video packages may get stale after playing 40 or so games, have enough variety that you don't much notice. Audio I'll put towards the commentary and soundtrack. The commentary in this game is the envy of the sports gaming world. Dynamic, event-specific commentary is provided by Kevin Harlan, Clark Kellogg and Steve Kerr, it feels like a real back and forth, and there will be interruptions and backtracking. If you play too many games in a row, there are the usual recycled lines, but they are few and far enough in between that it's bearable. Not a lot of dead space during games. The soundtrack is decent. It's not a shining one like last years, or 2k10, but it's not terrible either.

Story: make your own, but My Player is fantastic in giving you things to imagine, with multiple magazine covers, billboards, all-star votes, popularity tracking, etc.

Pros:An overall fantastic game and has proven once again to be the epitome of sports game design.

Cons: A few hiccups here and there. In Association modes teams will still make puzzling trades(they do in real life too though I suppose) Teammates can still be frustrating, and in general driving the lane is a chore and a half. But it doesn't ruin the game.

Summary: Only the second game in my history of reviewing games that will get a 10/10. While there is room for improvement, All of the modes offered are deep and engaging, and it has an interactive tutorial for newbs. It's both beginner and pro friendly.

A Big Ball of fuNNN

Status

Game: Batman: Arkham City

Console: PS360
    Developer: Rocksteady Studios
    Genre: Action/adventure

Gameplay:
    Gameplay in Arkham City remains largely the same as in Arkham Asylum. You will be required to traverse Arkham City (which is much, much larger than Arkham Island from the previous game) to get to where you have to go. However, doing so will require a large amount of stealth, as the city is crawling with criminals just dying to get their hands on Batman. Going by rooftop also isn't necessarily safe, as you will find later on that gunmen will be taking posts, and eventually so will pesky snipers. If you wanna fight, you can also choose to take these foes head on. If you find yourself in a losing situation, you can throw a smoke bomb and make a getaway.

A good portion of the game is spent in a near predator mode, which requires you to pick off enemies one by one without being detected by the other inmates. Other times, you'll find yourself surrounded with only one solution: kick ass. The Freeflow system has been improved since Arkham Asylum, allowing you to fight multiple enemies at once. Among the changes include simultaneous counters, throwing back objects thrown at you, a new combo required to defeat inmates carrying a riot shield, and my personal favorite, the beatdown. By stunning your enemy, you can then punch and punch and punch and punch until finally laying them out with one last final blow, for a good 20X combo. This is required to defeat enemies wearing body armor, but can also be used against anybody else.

Another new feature is the ability to play as Catwoman in her own intertwining story involving Two-Face and Poison Ivy. Catwoman plays much the same as Batman, but instead uses her whip as a primary object. Catwoman's combat is more acrobatics oriented, but she maintains the same basic functions. When in Predator challenges, she can pounce up to the ceiling and take a different approach to taking out her enemies, and can also run right up from behind her enemies and be undetected.

Once you've completed the main story, you'll have plenty to keep you busy. In addition to the side stories, the Riddler Challenges also return, this time at a whopping 400 riddles to solve. Riddler trophies are much harder to collect this time around, due to traps, time limits, and such set by the Riddler, who physically appears this time in his own story.

Graphics & Audio:
    Arkham City is beautifully disgusting. It's nearly impossible to be unimpressed at just how amazing the city looks. Every area is entirely different from the next, ranging from a standard city Industrial section, to Joker's Funland. The characters themselves look almost human. I'm not sure if I missed it in Arkham Asylum, but here, there's a level of detail that brings out every feature on everything, whether it's person, building, or just a street.

Story:
    Following the events of Arkham Asylum, Gotham City is left without a suitable prison facility. Quincy Sharp is now mayor of Gotham, taking credit for Batman's success, and setting off a portion of Gotham to hold anyone with the slightest trace of a criminal record, and it is placed in the care of Hugo Strange. If you speak out against him, you're going to Arkham City. Bruce Wayne holds a press conference to announce his opposition to the controversial move. He's arrested.

When inside Arkham City, you'll find yourself being attacked by the Penguin's thugs. After taking them down, you receive your Batsuit and weapons from Alfred via airdrop, where you begin your journey to find out what's going on. With Wayne in custody, Strange prepares for the commencement of the secret Protocol 10. Believing that Joker may know the truth behind Protocol 10, Batman tracks him down. He learns something else, instead. Joker is dying, due to the Titan solution used back at Arkham Asylum slowly eating away at him. Though Batman originally took the cure for Titan, he soon finds himself in the same situation after Joker has some of his blood put into Batman.

And this is just the start.

Pros:
    The story -
    It may seem jumbled and cluttered, but everything manages to flow together. You find yourself on a wild goose chase for a cure which sends you all across Arkham City countless times. Every character you meet has a reason for doing what they're doing.

The characters -
    While Arkham Asylum was great, their weren't a whole lot of people involved aside from Joker, Bane, etc. In Arkham City, you find yourself facing Joker, Mr. Freeze, the Penguin, Two-Face, Ra's and Talia al Ghul, Clayface, and even Robin makes an appearance. And all of that's just the main story. You'll encounter several other villains in the side missions.

Pretty much everything else -
    I'd be here too long if I tried to list all that was positive about this game. There's countless things to keep you busy once you completed the story, among them being challenges and Riddler trophies for both Batman and Catwoman and now introducing the New Game Plus mode, which allows you to play through once again while maintaining all your upgrades, trophies, etc. while also presenting a harder game.

While not a specific point, I hardly knew anything about the comics, yet I was still fascinated by the story. Fans of the comics and general game fans alike can enjoy the story. The most you need to know is some of the villains, but they do a great job of introducing them to those who are unfamiliar too.

Cons:
    I truly don't know - I'm sure there's something negative about this game, but anything I did find does absolutely nothing to bring down the entire experience. I heard some of the A.R. training simulations are very hard, but I personally haven't tried.

Brief Summary (1-2 Sentences):
    Arkham Asylum set a very high standard for a sequel. Arkham City shatters that standard and really can be called one of the best games ever.

One Bad Ass Assassin

Status

Game: Elder Scroll V Skyim
    Developer: Bethesda
    Genre: RPG

Only around 26 hours of gameplay

Gameplay: Overall the gameplay is so much better that in other Elider Scrolls game. The leveling up system has been simplified a bit, but it's actually very fitting for the game, and if you are a casual gamer it really lets you dive into the game earlier. For people that play RPG's all the time it may not be as satisfying, but there is so much to do with the leveling up system that I think you will still like. The overall combat system to me is much easier to use. I know in Oblivion I kind really frustrated a lot, because it just seemed almost impossible to do certain things. This game just makes it a lot easier, and easier to understand. There is more focus on left hand and right hand combat, for example right now I have spells in one hand and my weapon in the other. The opening spells you get help out with the overall gameplay as the Flame spell you just hold down the button and a stream of flame comes out that helps with weakening or destroying the enemies. There is also shouts which work very well.

The story does matter, but heck most of the time you will do everything before you even do the story. For example doing Companion Quests which gives you the ability to turn into a Werewolf, the Mage college quests, and etc, etc. The side quests take time though, actually every quests takes a good amount of time. You never feel cheated with a quest, and nothing is go in and go out within five minutes, quests usually take around 30 minutes to an hour, and you never feel cheated, because each quest ends with something that you feel is worth it. The only thing about the quests is the traveling to destinations. Although you can get a horse, sometimes the map is not clear on where to go, because clouds are usually covering Skyrim. That has been my biggest frustration, you can travel for a good 30 minutes between quests just trying to find the place. Once you find it though you can fast travel, and once you find a lot of the locations this doesn't become so bad, but at the beginning you can get frustrated, especially with all the mountains that you can't cross.

Facing dragons is awesome too. I have faced two, and dying is just as much fun as killing one. There are some animations where it just eats you, and there is a cool animation when you kill one how you just get in top of one, and just slash it. Also there are enemies you know just to stay away from like Giants, and some of the animations of when they are destroying people are awesome, don't get caught up in the greatness though, because you may get blindsided by another giant. There is so much to see in this game, even if you play for a hundred hours you may not see everything, although I have only been playing for 26 hours, I still haven't even done 90 percent of the game. This game is a commitment, but one that you will enjoy.

Graphics & Audio: The graphics are a huge upgrade since Oblivion, it's one of the prettiest games I have ever seen. The character models are very cool, I like that when you talk to these guys now a closeup of their face doesn't happen. That really annoyed me in Oblivion. The character models looks so much better, and not so fake. When you see a dragon you are agasp by the greatness of the beast, when you are walking around from town to town the world just looks awespiring, and when you see a Giant you are scared, because you think it's going to hammer you to death. This is a living and breathing world, and you feel like you are growing with it. The animals looks real, and there are a plethora of them hopping and running around, you may actually feel bad when you kill a deer or a bunny, because it looks so real. If you are a graphic whore, this game is for you, there is not much where you will go that looks like crap. This game is a walking moving world, and it's just awesome.

The audio is good, but nothing that really sticks out. The soundtrack is cool when you are in battles, and it makes it feel really epic. The voice acting is good, but when you are walking around the world going from place to place, there is really nothing to brag about. You hear the sounds of the lakes and rivers, the rain coming down, animals calling out, etc, I think they could have done more with the audio, but then when you hear a dragon yelling at you, you jump out of your seat. There have been a couple of places where everything is quiet, and then BOOM something happens that just knocks the breath out of you, and you are like holy cow!!!! The audio maybe the weakest part of the game, but it's still pretty damn awesome.

Story: Ah I really couldn't tell you very much, because I started the main quest, and then started doing all the side quests, which is really what a lot of people will do, but you are a Dragon Born at the beginning of the game you help some guys defeat a Dragon, and they realize you are a dragon born, from there I started doing the Companion Quests and now the Mage quests. There are three acts, and I would say probably about 50 hours of gameplay just in the main story and another 100 in the side quests.

Pros: Just everything is really awesome, and this is a huge upgrade over Oblivion. The simplified system is great for beginners, but I don't think the RPG enthusiasts will be disappointed. You can really shape your character anyway you want, and there are no pre-determined classes like Assassin, Warrior, etc, you can customize your skills towards those classes though as of right now I am making a Swordsspell. You can increase as many attributes as you want, but really you want to concentrate on the class you are trying to become, for example I am working on destruction magic and one handed skill, and light armor. You can still use all the other skills, but not to great adeptness. Plus the lock pick system goes back to the old Fallout series.

The graphics are top notch, the quests are top notch, and you really feeling like you accomplish something when you complete a quest. You can basically do anything you want, and if you want to go and kill everyone you are more than welcome to try. I am sure someone out there is trying to kill everyone in the world so you're the only person in the world.

Cons: The sound isn't the greatest, it does lag at times, there are glitches that I really haven't come across. The big negative, especially at the beginning of the game is traveling to different quests. You are not going from town to town completing quests you are going across the Skyrim realm to complete quests. Once you discover locations this is not as bad, but at the beginning when you are in one city, and the place of your next quest is across the world, and plus the map is a living map, so if there are clouds over your map you can not see a direct path to your destination.

Brief Summary: 26 hours in, and just an excellent excellent game. I can see myself finishing this game, and I have ADD with games, just so much to do, and it's made for casual gamers as well as expert RPG gamers. This game is the NBA 2K12, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and Halo of RPG games, if you are an RPG gamer this is the game for you, and it could finally dethrone FInal Fantasy VII as the RPG game to have!

9/10

If you want more info on this game, check out the thread in the forums you can find out everything you need to know there!
    Last edited by Harry Morgan; 12-30-2011 at 02:07 PM.

God's Gift to God

Status

Game: Halo 4

Developer: 343 Studios
    Year Released: 2012
    Genre: FPS

Gameplay: Halo 4 feels just enough like a Halo game to not incite a riot. At the same time, however, there are subtle differences that make me question whether I'm playing a Halo game or whether I've bled into Battlefield or Call of Duty territory. Immediately upon starting the game I noticed that the aiming and player movement speeds were altered. Everything is quicker and after ten years of Halo fragging, the difference was enough to make the game feel foreign for me in the beginning. It was also more difficult to lock in on enemies when scoping with weapons, although this is something that steadily improves with obvious adjustments. Campaign hi jinx are fairly standard for the Chief. Mission structure focused heavily on action in lieu of a more balanced approach that Bungie employed. On the multiplayer side of things, I can't help but the shake the feeling that this was influenced too much by the Call of Duty crowd. The addition of the Mantis, which is Halo's take on the Lost Planet Vital Suit, adds new flair to the mutliplayer but also detracts from the experience. It just doesn't feel like Halo. Vehicles were always a part of Halo but, to me, always seemed to be more supplemental to the weapons, grenade, and melee combat. In Halo 4, if you're not in a vehicle prepare to be bombarded on all sides. Shoddy spawning, the worst out of any Halo game I can remember, always seems to plant me in front of a hostile vehicle bearing down right on my spawn point. It's amazingly frustrating how much this feels like Call of Duty to me. This isn't just some empty label I'm throwing at the game either. The "Halo Pace" no longer exists. The game also provides the ability to customize several loadouts with various armor abilities and Halo's version of perks.

Graphics & Audio: Graphically this game is far superior to any Halo game released and is near the top of any game this generation. Once I started up the campaign I was in awe of the draw distance and overall polish everything had. Master Chief has never looked better and the environments are superbly done. The score didn't feel as strong as in the past but it certainly wasn't lackluster. It did what it needed to do but I didn't find myself as in-tune with the music as in years past.

Story: The weakest part of the game was the story. The game begins with Master Chief awakening after hurtling through space for four years. Cortana informs you that she's beginning to deteriorate, adding that she's apparently outlived what an AI is supposed attain in age. Where this falls flat from the very beginning is: I don't remember this ever being broached in past games. Perhaps I've forgotten as it's been quite a journey over the past ten years. But for this to randomly pop up just felt empty. After slumbering in space for years, Chief lands and makes contact with ancient Forerunner enemies called Prometheans. The journey to save Cortana is the main plot thread and the action sequences are fun, but just don't seem to facilitate anything to drive the story home. The ending, both in terms of story and gameplay, fell crazily flat and is among the most disappointing endings to a game I've experienced. Totaling just under five hours, Halo 4 is shockingly short and left so much to be desired. I understand that this is 343's way of getting their feet wet, but I was astronomically underwhelmed by their rookie outing.

Pros: Amazing visuals, voice acting is superb as expected from Halo, action packed campaign delivers plenty of thrilling moments, Spartan Ops provides a unique and fun addition that provides an entertaining change of pace.

Cons: Story lacks anything of substance and left much to be desired with a disappointing cliffhanger ending, multiplayer feels like a combination of Call of Duty and Battlefield and less like Halo, multiplayer maps are among the worst in Halo's historic past.

Brief Summary: Halo 4 felt less like the next iteration in the Halo series and more like Call of Duty painted with flashy Master Chief colors. While not terrible and probably worth a playthrough for most, as a Halo veteran from the beginning I feel a sense of dismay every time I boot up a multiplayer match.

stressed but chillin

Status
    Wow, I forgot about this thread. This is a really good one too.

I think I'll put up a review for Black Ops 2 today. I have a lot on the game I would like to talk about.

Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

Game: Assassin's Creed III

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
    Genre: Action-Adventure

Gameplay: Assassin's Creed III features what you'd expect from the series. You'll spend most of your time dashing around the environment, making use of the new wilderness environments to remain undetected. There was a slight alteration in the free-running controls, leaving you without the need to press A when sprinting to start climbing. This, in my experience at least, was more a hindrance than an improvement. When bolting around corners while sprinting, Conner became enthralled with the idea of Liu-Kanging the wall in front of him instead of running past the corner. This resulted in the occasional death and numerous moments where I had eluded followers only to be thrown back into their line of sight thanks to the hang up. There are a few new weapons at your disposal and the combat is the tightest and most fun it's ever been. Missions are still fairly close to what's been expected and nothing too glorious. The surprise standout for the overall product is the naval portion of the game. The naval combat in this game is ridiculous fun and a much welcomed change of pace to the franchise.

Graphics & Audio: Assassin's Creed III definitely looks better than all previous games. The audio didn't stand out as anything extravagant but definitely didn't disappoint. The game's score also didn't do much to stir me nor do I feel it helped the story in a meaningful way. And while the developers could be applauded for adding sections featuring authentic Native-American speech, the inability to skip the sections became painful to sit through as the language is quite complex and the speaker would be going on for what seemed like minutes while only covering half the sentence in the subtitle.

Story: The main protagonist is Connor, a native Mohawk who joins the fight against the Templars as the American Revolution begins taking shape. You'll also continue Desmond Miles' quest to uncover information about the First Civilization and discover more about their demise. Connor feels like a mixture of Altair and Ezio from previous games. Altair was distant and had much more mystery, while Ezio was charming and full of charisma while endearing you to his story. Connor maintains much of Altair's mystery while gaining sympathy from the player based off his origins with the Assassins and what leads him to join their cause. Longtime players of the franchise were spoiled with Ezio and Connor will be a disappointing mellowing out of the lead assassin we've been used to. But he's not detestable and by the end of the game you'll more than likely fell fully integrated into his character.

Pros: Beautiful game with outstanding environments, naval combat steals the show and introduces fresh blood to the series, new timeline and integration of supporting characters provides another welcomed change, combat has improved considerably and is best implemented in the series so far.

Cons: mission structure follows most of what the series is known for, adjustments to the free running mechanic hinder what was an already fragile system, the modern segment of the story continues to be lackluster and feels like an afterhought although it drives the entirety of the game.

Brief Summary: After breathtaking trailers and promos caused considerable hype, Assassin's Creed III failed to live up to the lofty expectations set forth by a great marketing campaign but still delivers a solid title. Longtime fans will feel right at home in a good way with just the right amount of freshness to make this an above-average title.

4 doctors out of 5

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Game: Tomb Raider
    Console: Xbox 360, PS3, PC
    Developer: Crystal Dynamics
    Year Released: 2013
    Genre: Action/Adventure Platform

Gameplay: This is where Tomb Raider takes it's biggest steps forward. This isn't like the old Tomb Raiders where you run about with your unlimited pistols looking for ancient artifacts and keeping an eye on the health bar as you go. The game is more realistic, you're developing Lara's skills as you go so early doors you have to be more resourceful as you battle, especially as you start with just a bow with limited arrows making for tense fights against Wolves. The game at times encourages you to be more stealthy, arrows are relatively quiet compared to bullets, and there is an option to silent kill enemies by creeping up on them and pressing a certain button. The game does stay true to it's roots when it comes to exploring your surroundings, Lara still climbs tall cliffs and jumps huge gaps, although this reboot sees the ability to create your own zip wires across the island. There's elements of Uncharted and Metal Gear about this game.

For the first time in a Tomb Raider game, there is a 'levelling up' feature, as experience you gain from solving puzzles, killing baddies and general Lara Croft duties can be used to 'buy' improvements to the lead character e.g. You can improve your fighting abilities with new finishing moves. Also if you collect 'salvage', you can use this to upgrade your weapons with new modifications to keep up with the increasing difficulty of your enemies.

But wait Ed, if the whole game takes place on the island, what about actually raiding tombs?. Well you're in luck, as the island happens to have secret tombs that you can only access by wandering a little off course during the game; by my count there's five I've found already. Completing these optional tombs will earn you experience and a treasure map of the local area, crucial to completing the game 100%.

Graphics & Audio: The island is visually stunning, the differing terrain you will experience is captured really well. Above all else, the scope of your surroundings is captured brilliantly; In one part of the game you have to scale to the very top of a radio tower to send out a distress signal, talk about vertigo, even for a video game it was hard to look down. The game is an 18, and at times that is clearly evident by the violence on show; Lara's death scenes are brutal, the amount of times I've seen her impaled is ridiculous and worryingly awesome, there were situations where I'd die on purpose just to see the death scene

Audio wise, you're really looking at the voice acting, and when it comes to Lara, Camilla Luddington is absolutely believable as a young Lara and she plays her part in performing Lara's evolution. The rest of the crew are completely fine. There's some nice background music to accompany on your journey to boot.

Story:
    During her first expedition to find the lost kingdom of Yamatai, home of the sun Queen Himiko, Lara's ship is struck by a violent storm that leaves her and her fellow crewmates (crammed full of every stereotype there is) shipwrecked on an isolated island in the middle of the Dragon's Triangle. Lara washes up onshore away from the rest of her crew, and is captured and tortured by a scavenger. It's here that Lara first comes face to face with the choice of fight or die, and over the course of the game these choices see Lara evolve into a Survivor. After escaping her initial capture, it becomes apparent to Lara that there's more to this island than meets the eye, and that getting off it won't be easy.

Pros:

Captivating story
    Best gameplay in it's series' history
    Graphically pleasing
    Decent length game for it's genre

Cons:
    You only get the duel pistols right at the very end of the game
    Button mashing can get tiring
    Not too challenging
    Not much replayability

Brief Summary: Crystal Dynamics manage to pull off a great transformation of a inexperienced, dependent and vulnerable young women to the Ultra confident Tomb Raiding Lara Croft we know from the series' past. The fantastic story goes hand in hand with solid gameplay to create an enjoyable and rewarding game. Lara is back.

Score (out of 10):
    9/10. This is about as good a next-gen Tomb Raider game as you're going to get. Blew my expectations away.

One Bad Ass Assassin

Status

Game: Spec Ops The Line

Console: Xbox 360/PS3
    Developer: 2K
    Genre: Third Person Shooter/Military

I will not include any spoilers, this game needs to be expierenced to believe.

Gameplay: The gameplay is not as smooth as I would have liked it. The analog sticks aren't as smooth as you would like, and at times it's not as sensitive as you would like. There may not be as many weapons as you would like, but all in all there is enough to keep you going. There are a lot of cool trophies to get, and a lot of Uncharted type trophies with the guns. The game is very linear, with some collectibles but not much. The squad commands are limited, but it's not about that, as it's basically a story revolved around the main character of Walker. It's not as deep as Call of Duty, but again it's not supposed to be.

Graphics & Audio: The graphics are average at best. You are not going to stop and just look at the environments. The textures and the player models are very good though, and there is nothing offensive. At times you can get confused with the people you are supposed to be shooting, and your own squad. At timess I was caught shooting my own guy, they end up yelling at you, saying stop shooting at me.

The audio though is very awesome. The music is spot on, and it has a very Platoon/Apocaplyse Now feel to it, which really goes well with tone of the game. There is a lot of dialouge in the game, not only from you and your squadmates, but also your enemies. Nolan North pulls off a masterful job of his voice acting, and at times you are just like wow. The music in the ending credits is very awesome.

Story: This is tricky, but I will go through it with no spoilers, because the story is just plain awesome! It's confusing at first a little, and at times it's a little slow, but there is one act that you have to do about 4 hours into the game that will make you hate yourself, especially when you see what you did. The story picks up from here, and you don't look back. This will be something you as a person may never forget.

You are in Dubai looking for your Sergeant, you go in with two other soliders, and they are with you through out the majority of the game. You are going up against a rouge group called the 33rd, and really follks that is all I can really tell you without spoliling something anything. I will tell you this story is awesome, and it's a story that will stick with you for a long time. There are multiple endings, and there are some choices you will have to make. If you like a game expierence, expierence this story!

Pros: The story is awesome! The voice acting is top notch, and they tell a great story. At times it is a little to slow, and you are wondering what you are doing, but it all comes togetherr, and picks up. The graphics are good, but will not blow you away. If you're not into Military shooters, but maybe want a game to try one out, this is a great entry point. I can't telll you how awesome this story is! You will never forget this story

Cons: This game is not perfect by any means. The graphics and gameplay are kind of ehh, there are prettier games, and better gameplay, especially with the spotty controls at times. Also you get confused at times, because you think the actions is over, and one guy will just come out of nowhere, and just blow you away.

Brief Summary: This game is a must play. There are some technical things with the game that will annoy you, but this story is just to awesome not to expierence. There are four difficullties, just put it on easy, and blast your way through it. I did it on medium, and it took mme about 8 hours, but I am awful at these games. This story will stick with you for a long time, and some of the imagery will be tough to get out of your head. MUST PLAY!!!
    4 out of 5
    Last edited by Harry Morgan; 06-19-2013 at 02:54 AM.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I've heard good things about both games. I'll have to pick up Tomb Raider at some point because I really enjoyed the first two. Although, I must say, if I can't swan dive onto concrete and break a bitch's neck I am going to be sorely disappointed.

Archive on first page has been updated to include newest reviews. Keep 'em coming, fellas!
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

A Big Ball of fuNNN

Status

The Last of Us

Consoles: PS3
    Developer: Naughty Dog
    Year Released: 2013
    Genre: Third-person shooter, survival horror (kinda?)
    Gameplay: Stealth is the most important aspect of the game. In order to be most efficient with your very, very limited supplies, you need to sneak up behind your enemies, living or infected, and quietly take them out. Running headstrong into any battle is a surefire to get you killed, or at the very least run out of ammo. You have two different kinds of enemies. First, there's the living. Standard humans that only want you dead. Second, there's the infected. The infected are stupid and don't react to the bodies of other infected, unlike the humans. However, if they see you, you better run. It's very easy to be overwhelmed by a group of infected. It's important to note that the infected are not zombies, and can die like any human can, either through being shot multiple times or being quietly strangled to death.

But like any zombie game, there are different types of infected. First, you've got the standard runners. These guys are just typical, newly-infected. A group of them can be very dangerous, but they aren't too hard to take out. Next are the clickers. Clickers are blind and resort to hearing through clicking noises, like bats. They may be blind, but you need to walk very slowly if you want to sneak up on them. Clickers can't be killed stealthily through ordinary means like humans or runner, as you must have a shiv to take them out quietly (more on this later). If a clicker catches you, it's an instant death, so when they see you, run. The last are the bloaters, the people that were infected from the very beginning. Bloaters are fat and slow, but they are very strong and can throw bombs of spores at you which will cause damage the longer you're in the blast zone. Like the clickers, it's an instant death if they catch you.

If you want to survive, you need to explore the area and find supplies. Using these supplies, you can craft weapons and tools to aid you in your journey. These include shivs, molotov cocktails, health packs, nail bombs, and smoke bombs. Supplies are limited and it's all a matter of choice. For example, the same supplies are used to create both health packs and molotovs, while shivs can be used to either kill enemies quietly or open locked doors. In addition to supplies, you'll also find collectibles, ranging from comic books to instruction manuals that are very helpful in increasing your strength and skills. Crafting and healing takes place in real time, so be careful where you do it

You, of course, play as Joel, but throughout some portions of the game, you play as the 14 year old Ellie, who is equally capable of defending herself as Joel is. As such, she plays very similarly to Joel, but is incapable of taking out enemies quietly. She can still sneak up on them and stab them to death, but she's not as quiet about it. When playing as Joel, Ellie is invisible to enemies, a decision made by Naughty Dog, and is actually pretty helpful. She can tell you when enemies are coming up behind you and you don't realize it and can help you kill enemies when in tight situations.

Story: On a late night in Texas, young Sarah is awakened by her father Joel entering the house. She gives him a birthday present, a watch, and then falls asleep once more. She is awakened by a phone call from her Uncle Tommy, desperately asking where her dad is. As Sarah searches the house, she sees a report of mass panic in the city and explosions. Joel returns, telling Sarah to stay away from the doors and windows. Their neighbor breaks through the glass door and tries to attack the two before being shot dead by Joel. The two then escape through the city with Tommy, witnessing various brutal scenes, such as a family being ripped apart in their car. As it seems they may get away, they are suddenly t-boned by another car, and Sarah's leg is broken. The two are broken away from Tommy and as they escape the vicious monsters that were once people, they run into a soldier, who is told to kill them both. Joel and Sarah are shot at but the soldier is killed by Tommy. Joel realizes that Sarah was shot, and she soon dies in his arms.

20 years later, civilization has been destroyed by the infection and Joel has aligned himself with a woman named Tess and her group of people in Boston. The two track down a gang leader named Robert who has sold off their weapons. Before they kill Robert, he tells them that he sold the weapons to a group known as the Fireflies. When they track down the leader of the Fireflies, Marlene, she offers to give them double what Robert gave her in exchange for smuggling a teenager girl, Ellie, to a band of Fireflies in the city. On their way, they are encountered by soldiers, who determine that Ellie is infected. Ellie reveals that she was bitten 3 weeks ago, although most turn in about 2 days, leading Joel and Tess to realize that Ellie is somehow immune to the infection.

Graphics & Audio:
    Naughty Dog are masters of their craft and it shows with The Last of Us. Environments are beautiful and characters are well designed and look great too. Voice acting is believable and well done. Basically everything you've come to expect from Naughty Dog but even better.

Pros: The story is great and well thought out, the addition of Ellie as a playable character is a welcome surprise, combat for the most part is smooth, Ellie and other characters interact with the different environments and give optional conversations when you explore different areas, many, many hidden collectibles, and a New Game Plus mode after the ending. Oh and there's the obligatory multiplayer mode.

Cons: Minor hiccups with clipping, sometimes enemies won't hear bottles or bricks thrown to distract them from only a few feet away and can sometimes see you from impossible distances.

Brief Summary:
    The Last of Us is a must have for any PS3 owner. It is one of the finest video games you will ever play, and if this is the swan song of the PlayStation 3, then the PlayStation 3 is going down swinging.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Football Manager 2013

Platform:
    PC
    Developer: Sports Interactive
    Genre: Sports Management

Gameplay: The match engine is better than what it used to be, but it still screws you over enough that a $200 throwable laptop is a worthwhile investment with the game, It's crazy addicting when you figure out how to work with what you've got on the team though.

Story:
    Whatever you want it to be, truly, you can be a Sunday League Football and start out at Manchester United, or be an International sensation and start out coaching Azerbaijan's National Team, whatever you want, as long as it's for at least 1000 hours of your life.

Graphics and Audio: The Steklo skin remains the cream of the crop, and overall it's not meant to be a particularly pretty game, and there is virtually no audio outside of the match.

Pros: Highly addictive, very fun and very rewarding for the time you put into it, which will be a lot, Great community, and community support.

Cons: Highly addictive, very fun and very rewarding for the time you put into it, which will be your life, Great community that makes the game even better, and a support system that makes the game untouchable.

Brief Summary: ​It's like cocaine for your computer. Rehab out of 5.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

I'm pretty sure my comments about Football Manager to you when you first registered interest Mike was 'it's the crack cocaine of video games'

I've hardly played 13.

One Bad Ass Assassin

Status

I want to do a little different review.

Platform: PS Vita

I waant to review the Vita. There has been a lot of the Vita is dead talk, because it's not selling well, but I want to tell you guys to BUY one of these things!

Common Misconceptions:

1.) There are no games: As a whole the Vita is overrflowing with games, just not all are Vita only games. You can also play Minis, PS Mobile, PS One, and Vita games. It is very easy to fill up a 32 gig memory card. Me personally I have 28 gigs filled, but the games that I have could fill up a 64 gig memoory card. There aree games that you can go back to playing that you grew up with, and folks there has been a resurgence in software, in where there will be a Witcher 3, InJustice Gods Among us, and many other gamess coming to the Vita.

2.) It's too expensive, espeecially those memory cards: Yes the intial investment on the Vita will get you areound 300-350 dollars. That's with thee Vita, tthe memory card, and then get yourself a Playstation Plus Membership. You will pay for the Vita in a short four months. Right now there are six games available for the Vita through the PS Plus, tthat means hook your Vita up, and start downloading. Right now the Vita games are Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, God Eater Burst, and a couple of others. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus was also offered on the PLus Membership. Plus you get great discounts! For being a Plus member I was able to download Mortal Kombat for the Vita for 5 dollars!

Pros:

I bought a Vita in November, and this system has been played everyday since I have bought the system. I do mean everyday! There are great games for the system. No matter what your preference is. Persona 4 Golden itches that JRPG sector. Madden 13 and The Show itch that sports fan, and Lumines Electronic Symphony itches the puzzler. The lego games are very good for the kids, and there are adult titles such as Silent Hill and Soul Sacrafice.

Some of these games access cloud save, and you can take your game on the road, Sly Cooper, Hotline Maimi, The Show, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Plus the indie game section is aweomse! Being able to play Limbo, Hotline Maimi, Thomas Was Alone, and now Sperlunky and other indie titles are cooming to the Vita. I can't forget Guacamelee which is an awesome awesome game!!!!

The screen is gorgeous! HD comes out so beautiful on the screen, and your pictures from Twitter and facebook look awesome. I think the Twitter app on Vita is the best Twitter app out there.

The touch screen is very sensisitve at time times I feel like I am not even touching the screen, and it still gets my input correct. The first couple of games really took advantage of this gimmick, but they have since backed off on it, and it's a good thing. The dual sticks are a little loose, but they are very responsive, the control is just crazy.

You have the Playstation Network at your fingertips, and if you are bored, download a movie or tv show, or load one up on your memory card. It's a great device with even more apps coming monthly.

When or if you buy a PS4, this will not only be a controller for the PS4, but it will play ALL games remotely off your PS4, through an internet connection. That means if you are playing WWE 2k14 and need to go to the restroom, take it with you on the Vita.

Cons:

it can be small, and the screen at times seems a little small. The triggers are not in the best place on the device, but there is a 14 dollar trigger grip accessory you can buy, and it works very nicely.

People wanting to play Call of Duty, will not be happy, because Call of Duty Declassified isn't the greatest FPS out there, but wait until September and Resictance comes out which from all previews is the FPS we havve all been looking for. Some will say this is just a JRPG machine, and they are correct for now, because people are just starting to realize how great this system is. This is slowly changing with the advent of support.

The price tag is steep, but as pointed out earlier, the intial investment can be a lot, but you basically pay for it within three months.

Summary:

Get this machine. It's great for everyone! Don't let the price tag scare you, and if you are waiting for a price drop, then you better get one when it does drop. This system is awesome, and the support is slowly coming. Get on the band wagon!!!

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Sweet Home

Console: Nintendo Family Computer (Famicom)

Released: December 1989

Publisher: Capcom

Genre: RPG with Survival Horror Elements

Nickname: "The Grandaddy of Survival Horror"

Plot: 30 Years ago, famous artist Ichirou Mamiya hid away his frescos inside his manor, after a terrible and dark secret plagued him for years. A group of 5 art restorers enter Mamiya's Manor, only to become trapped by a mysterious female spirit. They must now find a way to escape, while also revealing the mystery of the Mamiya Manor.
    Genre: RPG with Survival Horror Elements

Gameplay: Trust me when I say this, This game, is amazing. The gampeplay is somewhat like RPG's of the time. Movement is simple, yet effective in this game. The menu may be hard to comprehend, but it's still simple enough that you can grasp it. There are random battles. But instead of grinding or fighting continuously for gold AND experience, you fight simply for experience. Stepping away from the RPG's at the time was the inability to revive your characters... THAT'S RIGHT! ONCE THEY DIE, THEY STAY DEAD. There are no healers in this game, BUT, there are Tonics that heals your entire party's health. I forgot to mention these little details earlier. Each character has a special skill set only to them, if they die, you must find a replacement item to continue, or all is lost. Also the party size can only go up to three. You must split up and control two teams... I mean, you could have one character go on their own, but that just makes the game harder. The details in this game are absolutely beautiful. The atmosphere is dark and gloomy, which fits in all aspects. The music is so well done, it will get you humming to it. Ther monsters you fight range from Bats to worms to dolls to armor to zombies and even mirrors and walls. There are also curses and status effects that will be put upon your characters. BUT, Don't fret, for you have a medic with you. and the medic carries a special First Aid Kit, which can heal all status effects from a character. But it does NOT heal HP. The characters that are not in your party should not be in enclosed spaces, otherwise it becomes difficult to get past them. Other than that little gripe, the game is easy enough to be enjoyable, yet challenging enough to be able to piss you off a couple times.

Pro:

The game is hard as hell once you get a grip of things, but it becomes worth it once you get into the story and want to know more. The Story itself is better than many games you find today. And it has one of the best plots of the Famicom Library.

Sweet Home has stood the test of time, and is still beautiful today. Known as "The Grandaddy of Survival Horror" It is one of the many games that inspired Resident Evil. The survival aspect was well done, and you really felt scared sometimes. For a Famicom game to scare the shit out of me sometimes means it is greatness.

You can also save at any point during the game. So there isn't any problem there.

Con: The sad news is that Sweet Home was never released internationally. The only way to get the game is through ROM Sites, a reproduction cartridge, or to travel to Japan and get yourself both a Famicom and Sweet Home. The story goes that Nintendo of America Censors got their hands on this and rejected it outright. Possibly due to the grim tone and amount of blood and violence in it.

Photos:

Graphics And Audio: As I said before, the game looks absolutely beautiful for a Famicom game. The enemies are very detailed. And it may look like a standard RPG at first. BUT NO, It throws you into the pits of darkness and truly gives you something to be fearful of. The music is something you could listen to for hours and not be bothered by it. There really isn't much to it, but it works in the game's favor by enthralling you to be careful and watch your ass...

Brief Summary: THIS IS A MUST PLAY, if you are a hardcore Horror fan, Resident Evil Fan, Capcom Addict, or anything of that sort. It is absolutely Beautiful, and I'm addicted to it. Please... go out of your way to play it. You may or may not like it, but you will have to admit, They pulled out all the stops to make this game AMAZING.

Oh yeah... did I mention there was a movie of it? But It's not my territory. Maybe Fuji Vice will do a review of it someday... who knows?

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Thread Information