Thread: What Do You Do On Fight Night?

Resident MMA Junkie

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Mma What Do You Do On Fight Night?

Do you simply get the fights and watch them by yourself, do you have a couple people over, do you make it an event? Just kind of curious to be honest.

Personally, I turn it into an event. I have at least 12 people for each fight. The guys bring beers and the girls bring food. We usually have quite a spread to be honest. Really they all come just because I'm such a fan. None of my friends are really that into it, but they are into parties lol

Status

Re: What Do You Do On Fight Night?

It really depends on the event. I prefer watching at someone's place rather than going to a sports bar.

No

Status

None of my friends are really big into MMA but if its a big enough event I can usually convince them to come over give me 5-10 bucks and watch the fights.

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

Now that I'm of age to drink (legally) I like to go to sports bars that are 21 and up to watch the fights. Anywhere else that allows all ages are usually mad houses with standing room only and requires you to get their at least an hour before fight time which I do not prefer to do at all

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status
    Well, I guess I better put my pants on!!!
      Country                    ca=Canada

Depends, sometime we go to a bar, sometime at someone's house and sometime I'll watch it alone at home (Usually the Fight Nights).

I actually enjoy watching the fights alone, so I can pay attention and shit. At bars it's fun, but I completely pay no attention. At a friend's house is ok and that's what I usually do. I usually get together with these 5 /6 guys that I normally don't hang out with. UFC events is basically an excuse to get together and hang out.

Underdog

Status

It really depends.

For instance, if one of my absolute favorite fighters are fighting (like BJ Penn this Saturday), then I have to watch the fight all by myself. I just get way too nervous, and I don't like people seeing that side of me (whether it's really angry or sad, or just going nuts with joy over a big victory for my guy).

Now, if it's just a great card and none of my favorites are fighting, then yeah... I'll get a couple of friends to either split the payment or we'll all go to Hooters or Buffalo Wild Wings.

And if it's only a good show, but yet I don't want feel the need to spend money on it, then I'll just keep myself busy until the show's over and then check Sherdog's play-by-play by around midnight.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Any time there's a title fight or an impressive main event (such as Rashad-Rampage), I either go to Buffalo Wild Wings or watch it with friends at someone's house. Otherwise, I'll try to stream it. I also heard that some select movie theaters have started showing a couple of PPV's a year in theaters, and I've heard that is really cool too, so that will be something new to try if I can.

Thread Information