Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46545556
Results 1,101 to 1,113 of 1113

Thread: Game of Thrones Discussion Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS INSIDE!!!)

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Re: Game of Thrones Discussion Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS INSIDE!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Oh come now. My legit pick for worst casting ever goes to the Sand Snakes. They were terribly written to begin with but better actresses could have made it work in my mind. This cameo was not only inoffensive but made for a great scene. S my Valyrian D.
    DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH

It's not that he was bad, it's just too ridiculous to me. The musician cameos prior never harmed the show because they never stood out so clearly (I think I only saw Brann from Mastodon for only one second at the end of season five). Seeing this super popular number one hit guy pretty much play himself could easily take people out of the world no matter what he's singing or saying. I know you like going against the grain but you seriously can't tell me that was a positive cameo.

but yeah keisha castle hughes and jessica henwick are still the two worst people to ever grace the show
    Last edited by Darling Nicky; 07-17-2017 at 06:18 PM.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Seeing this super popular number one hit guy pretty much play himself could easily take people out of the world no matter what he's singing or saying. I know you like going against the grain but you seriously can't tell me that was a positive cameo.
    LOL I don't "like" going against the grain, it's that the grain is usually stupid and I serve myself.

That said, we got: great scene, great singing, great song, great everything. What was bad about it? That it wasn't an unknown or a relative unknown, but a well-known star? ... Sorry for being insensitive but who gives a fuck? There was literally nothing negative about it from my perspective so of course it's a positive cameo.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Thing is, they got Thomas Turgoose for that scene. So unless Maisie Williams is also a massive fan of his (which I hear is why Sheeran was there), it's very random for him to just get given this little cameo where most people's attention will be on the randomness of Ed Sheeran being there. He's not this recognisable, famous character actor like when we get appearances from guys like Richard E. Grant but he has enough credibility from This Is England and its spinoffs for me to think he must be in more scenes, which means Sheeran could very well be too unless he gets killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

The only thing I didn't like from that episode was the stupid 'Sam cleaning bedpans' montage. I remember someone from Russia describing their television advertisements as being more meme-oriented than show-oriented. The example given was a Modern Family commercial that was just half-second clips of strange sounds the characters were making put together to resemble a ... song or something. Whatever it was, it was really stupid and annoying. And that's exactly how I felt about this montage that would have been better if it were half the length.

edit: I don't care for Bruno Mars but if he was cast as an Unsullied or something and killed it in his performance, I wouldn't really bat an eye. As long as the people look the part and perform adequately, what's the problem? A long time ago, when this show was perfect in my eyes, I might have thought it hurt the immersion, but after the Sand Snakes man, I can't hate on anything that's quality. It's not worth it.
    Last edited by The Natural; 07-17-2017 at 07:32 PM.

PLUS ULTRA!!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Lol all this hate on Ed Sheeran though. From what I heard Sheeran was a surprise cameo and Maisie who is a huge fan of his music, didn't know he was going to be in the scene at all. You can kinda tell it in her face during the scene. Don't worry though Arya was looking at their Weapons and such so who knows she might kill them off before too long. ^Yeah I hated the Bedpan Montage as well, the only true thing I didn't like about the Episode last night. It killed my appetite to want to eat a Snack just isn't right

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Bedpan montage was a better "unique" tool than Ed being in every frame that Maisie was in eating all the scenery. C'mon nerds.

can we at least agree Euron is savage and a great heel
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

PLUS ULTRA!!

Status

Bedpan montage was a better "unique" tool than Ed being in every frame that Maisie was in eating all the scenery. C'mon nerds.

We can totally agree with that. Did anyone go OOHHHHHH as if you were on the Maury show when he said I have two hands!?

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Die By My Hand

Status

On this note I am so glad they didn't include Victarion Greyjoy. Motherfucker is so dull.

Team CD | Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T
    Spoiler:

Cider 'I' Up

Status
      Country                    England

I did Double check the episode at the start with the opening badass Arya scene, probably one my favourite characters along with tirian.

Overall pretty impressed with the episode as a whole been waiting for ages along with everyone.

The best part who having ED guest staring was to no suprise his singing, other than that didnt think too much of it.

Good way to close the opening episode with khalisie coming home, pumped for next week to see them all stratigise around the War table.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.
    2017 Movie Log

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    We can totally agree with that. Did anyone go OOHHHHHH as if you were on the Maury show when he said I have two hands!?
    The "you should try it sometime" line in reference to brother killing had me like

-------
    -------

PLUS ULTRA!!

Status

The "you should try it sometime" line in reference to brother killing had me like

Yeah Jamie's face told the story he wanted to grab his head and kick it into the Ocean. They need his mind though, Jamie I wouldn't be shocked to see him KO that fool eventually especially when war finally starts. Euron likes to be in charge, and so does Jamie, so heads will collide really quick. It's like if you put the Juggernaut and the Hulk in the same Jail Cell and left a Sandwich in there. You know they are going to fight it out to get that Sandwich.

Real Women of Genius

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Personally, I thought he did great and I really enjoyed his whimsical singing, would love to hear more fantasy genre tunes from that guy, and honestly would love to see the character again sometime.
    Here you go:-

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Thing is, they got Thomas Turgoose for that scene. So unless Maisie Williams is also a massive fan of his (which I hear is why Sheeran was there), it's very random for him to just get given this little cameo where most people's attention will be on the randomness of Ed Sheeran being there. He's not this recognisable, famous character actor like when we get appearances from guys like Richard E. Grant but he has enough credibility from This Is England and its spinoffs for me to think he must be in more scenes, which means Sheeran could very well be too unless he gets killed off.
    Arya leading her own band of merry men like she's Maid Marian with Ed singing this as they go:-

Anybody else think it was a little odd that Arya killed all the Frey men after telling them they should've killed all the Starks, but then left the Frey girls alive as if there was no way any Frey girl would come after her like she did. I mean, I got that she didn't kill them because they were, for the most part, innocent bystanders... but so was she at the Red Wedding, so her logic fails there a little bit. I'll let her off because she's what? Eleven?

If Sansa turns on Jon, I'm going to lose my shit. If Sansa tries to/succeeds in fucking Jon, I will lose my shit. There were way too many parallels between them and Ned/Catelyn and Cersei/Jaimie for it to be coincidence and I'm not okay with either outcome.

Hoping Sam doesn't get himself caught stealing books and thrown out of the citadel, that helps no one and just pisses me off.

I'm complaining a lot about this episode, aren't I? You'd think I hated it, but I really didn't. I fucking loved it. Didn't mind the Ed Sheeran cameo or the bedpan's scene, thought both were kinda funny to be honest. Loved the little Mormont girl (whose name escapes me right now because I should be asleep) standing up to everyone and there dad and just being a total little bad-ass. I wish Arya was going north, not south. I think those two would get along.

Euron was fun. His banter not so much with, more at Jaimie, was great. Cersei's her usual batshit bonkers self. I'm all in on more from Brienne and Tormund.

...oh yeah, and Dany is fucking finally in bloody Westoros and planning her attack while sitting on top of a very conveniently located dragonglass mine. Excellent stuff.

PLUS ULTRA!!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny RaiZ View Post
    Here you go:-

Arya leading her own band of merry men like she's Maid Marian with Ed singing this as they go:-

Anybody else think it was a little odd that Arya killed all the Frey men after telling them they should've killed all the Starks, but then left the Frey girls alive as if there was no way any Frey girl would come after her like she did. I mean, I got that she didn't kill them because they were, for the most part, innocent bystanders... but so was she at the Red Wedding, so her logic fails there a little bit. I'll let her off because she's what? Eleven?

If Sansa turns on Jon, I'm going to lose my shit. If Sansa tries to/succeeds in fucking Jon, I will lose my shit. There were way too many parallels between them and Ned/Catelyn and Cersei/Jaimie for it to be coincidence and I'm not okay with either outcome.

Hoping Sam doesn't get himself caught stealing books and thrown out of the citadel, that helps no one and just pisses me off.

I'm complaining a lot about this episode, aren't I? You'd think I hated it, but I really didn't. I fucking loved it. Didn't mind the Ed Sheeran cameo or the bedpan's scene, thought both were kinda funny to be honest. Loved the little Mormont girl (whose name escapes me right now because I should be asleep) standing up to everyone and there dad and just being a total little bad-ass. I wish Arya was going north, not south. I think those two would get along.

Euron was fun. His banter not so much with, more at Jaimie, was great. Cersei's her usual batshit bonkers self. I'm all in on more from Brienne and Tormund.

...oh yeah, and Dany is fucking finally in bloody Westoros and planning her attack while sitting on top of a very conveniently located dragonglass mine. Excellent stuff.
    It's possible that can happen, and as I watched the scene I was thinking about that but he treated like Daughters like shit and prizes for him to gain more power, so I bet all of them would of wanted to do the same thing but were in fear in the chance that they could fail what would happen to them.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 07-18-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information