Thread: Cena vs. Orton IS NOT Rock vs. Austin.

Twitter.com/SirXBA

Status

Cena vs. Orton IS NOT Rock vs. Austin.

I have seen many WM predictions over the years and this comparison always rears it's ugly head. Is it just me or is the comparison of Cena vs. Orton and Austin vs. The Rock getting old?

The only thing that can really be justly compared is that both superstars involved are the most popular in their respective eras. Aside from that I see no comparison.

The Rock vs. Austin was the one of the top MOST ENTERTAINING FEUD in WWE history. Orton vs. Cena was one of the MOST LONG DRAWN OUT WATERED DOWN FEUDS in WWE history about a month after it started.

Rock and Austin's matches and confrontations throughout their careers successfully built off the last and made you want more. Cena vs. Orton...come on does anyone want to see that again? Based on their previous confrontations and matches over the years, I don't know how someone would truly want to see them feud again. I am not as enthralled with WWE as I used to be, Cena and Orton are my favorites, been so since 2004, I would love to see them fight at Mania because I love the guys, so if it made sense or not, I would probably like it because I am weird like that, but from a TOTALLY different perspective...REALLY? It would be a different story if their feud was a HUGE success, but their feud went on too long and there were no memorable matches or moments that stick out. From their feud in late 2009, they had like what? 4 straight PPV matches between the two?

How someone could compare these feuds in anyway is beyond me, of course aside from being the top two stars colliding. STOP COMPARING THE TWO.

SUBSCRIBE TO ME ON YOUTUBE
    XBA325 WANTS YOU TO CLICK HERE

People's Champion

Status

Re: Cena vs. Orton IS NOT Rock vs. Austin.

I never saw the Cena/Orton feud, as I missed about a decade of wrestling, lol...

But even in the short time I've seen the two guys, I dont' know how anyone could compare any feud with those guys to be anywhere on the level of Rock/Stone Cold.

WAKE UP

Status

Comparisons happen when A has similarities with B. Rock vs Austin shares similarities with Cena vs Orton, therefore the comparison is made. Unless I'm mistaken, no one here (or one of good taste) has tried to claim Cena vs Orton is as good as Rock vs Austin, just that are similarities between the two.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Comparisons happen when A has similarities with B. Rock vs Austin shares similarities with Cena vs Orton, therefore the comparison is made. Unless I'm mistaken, no one here (or one of good taste) has tried to claim Cena vs Orton is as good as Rock vs Austin, just that are similarities between the two.
    Agreed. While, I've found that Orton/Cena tends to bore me now in general, it certainly is similar. Especially when Austin/Cena and Orton/Rock (which I completely disagree with) comparisons are individually made.

Yup

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    Especially when Austin/Cena and Orton/Rock (which I completely disagree with) comparisons are individually made.
    I disagree too. Cena is much more comparable to The Rock, and Orton more to Austin.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Steve hit the nail on the head. While Orton/Cena has been done to death (and I maintain they only had one really good match together), they are still the two biggest young stars in the company (relatively young, of course - but it is conceivable that they could both be wrestling for another decade).

Neither man has the charisma of Austin or Rock, and neither of them are as good as Austin in the ring, and only Cena might have a case for being as good as the Rock. But it's still a huge match in today's wrestling, but it will never feel quite that special since they've fought each other so many times.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

WAKE UP

Status

Both Summerslam 2007 and No Way Out 2008 matches were pretty great. The rest were victims of WWE over-booking.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Both Summerslam 2007 and No Way Out 2008 matches were pretty great. The rest were victims of WWE over-booking.
    I remember being quite bored of the first half of NWO 2008, before it started to get really good, but I wouldn't say it was overall that good of a match. Summerslam was really good though, and Breaking Point was almost really good but the last few minutes really killed it for me.

I think I remember their Hell in a Cell being pretty good, but I'd have to rewatch.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

I have a feeling that the match would be better all around if they were aloud to to what they wanted to, more so Cena. WWE tends to put them in these slow methodical matches, and slow methodical feuds that seem lackluster. Right now would be a good time for another, since the roles are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
    I disagree too. Cena is much more comparable to The Rock, and Orton more to Austin.
    I would tend to agree. Cena being the babyface with slogans, Orton being the anti-hero tweener. I think the comparisons are made the other way from Cena representing his his era and what it stands for, where as I don't have a clue how Orton/Rock can be compared bar being 3rd generation.

Edit (3000 posts, yay)

Balla

Status

I think in todays era it is... You have to think half of WWEs new audience is under 10 years old so they don't even know who The Rock is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Squash Fodder

Status

Of course they do not compare, but i guess people just try to relate to the best talent WWE has right now to the best talent WWF had.

Thread Information