Thread: The Perfect 2010 PPV

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

The Perfect 2010 PPV

As with most wrestling promotions, WWE's output can range from the ridiculous to the sublime, and PPVs are no exception.

We've seen everything from convincing combinations of skill and storytelling to, well, Edge vs. Kane at Survivor Series . But if you were charged with the responsibility of creating the perfect PPV, based entirely on WWE PPV matches that took place across 2010, what would your card look like?

The guidelines for this thread are pretty simple: don't include the same wrestler more than once, and try to include a match for each of the currently existing titles (i.e. at least one tag title match; at least one women's match, be it for either of the former women's belts or the current one.)

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: The Perfect 2010 PPV

Undertaker vs HBK - Wrestlemania 26; both guy's best matches and definitely WWE match of the year.
    WWE Title: John Cena vs Batista - Wrestlemania 26; went with the Wrestlemania match as it had mroe of a big fight feeling, even though Extreme Rules might have been a little better.
    World Heavyweight Title: Jack Swagger vs. Randy Orton - Extreme Rules; not a great match, but without Rey or Taker (both who are in better matches elsewhere on the card) this is pretty much it for the WHC.
    CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio - Over The Limit; the best of the trilogy.
    Triple H vs Sheamus - Extreme Rules; slightly better than their Wrestlemania match and adds more star power to the event.
    US Title: Daniel Bryan vs Miz - Night of Champions
    WWE Divas Title: Natalya vs. Laycool - Survivor Series; only Divas match I can really remember, tbh.
    IC Title: Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler - Night of Champions; again there's not really a great deal of choice here, so just went with one of the few I can remember.
    Evan Bourne vs Chris Jericho - Fatal Four Way; excellent match

I tried, I really tried to find a tag title match somewhere that I actually liked but the best I could see was the Tag Team Guantlet from NoC, so I'd probably put that in by default.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Yup

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels - WM26 (the obvious choice for a headliner)
    World Heavyweight Championship - Chris Jericho vs. Edge - WM26 (solid match for both guys, and probably the best the title saw this year)
    WWE Championship - Sheamus vs. Randy Orton - Hell in a Cell (Actually enjoyed this match a lot, and it's a good way to use both guys)
    John Cena vs. Wade Barrett - Hell in a Cell (Another decent match, and the best way to use both)
    U.S. Championship - Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz vs. John Morrison - Hell in a Cell (Apparently this PPV was better than I remember. Good showcase of all three guys.)
    Intercontinental Championship - Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger - TLC (Solid ladder match, if a bit short)
    CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio - Over The Limit (Yup, the best of the three, and the only good match of that PPV)
    Tag Team Championship - Tag Team Turmoil - Night of Champions (Yeah, I guess)
    Women's Championship - Mickie James vs. Michelle McCool - Royal Rumble (Because it's quick and painless)

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Here's the PPV I put together. I put in a divas' match, but not one for the title, and I avoided a tag match simply because a half-decent one was so hard to find:

Dolph Ziggler vs. Kaval – Survivor Series – Intercontinental Championship
    I'd start off with this sparky exchange of styles from Survivor Series. I lamented the booking for Kaval, but it was a pretty great match, and I like both guys. Ziggler's long reign has been a delight.

Beth & Natalya vs. Laycool – TLC
    I'd be tempted to ret-con this and make the winner of the match the person who put another through a table. One of the best PPV women's matches by far on WWE this year.

Christian vs. Ezekiel Jackson – Royal Rumble – ECW title
    I couldn't help but throw in this ECW title between the promising Jackson and the unsung brilliant Christian. Hope we'll see Christian in a world title match next year.

Evan Bourne vs. Chris Jericho – Fatal 4-Way
    Continuing a card that mixes exciting newer prospects and veterans would be this glorious match from their minifeud earlier this year.

Followed by:
    Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz – Night of Champions – US championship
    Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger – MITB – WHC Championship
    Wade Barrett vs. John Cena – Hell in a Cell
    Sheamus vs. Randy Orton – Hell in a Cell – WWE Championship
    Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels – WM26

It's a bit of a giant card, so if I had to get rid of anything, it'd probably be Barrett/Cena and Christian/Jackson despite both matches having entertained me.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Forgive me as I've forgotten the exact PPVs these have taken place at. Some might be incorrect.

Shawn Michaels VS The Undertaker (WrestleMania)

Batista VS John Cena (WWE Championship) (Leaning towards the WrestleMania match, but I'd have to rewatch some of the stuff to decide.

Jack Swagger VS Rey Mysterio (Money In The Bank/World Heavyweight Championship)

Daniel Bryan VS Miz (Night Of Champions/US Title Match)

Evan Bourne VS Chris Jericho

John Morrison VS Sheamus (Tables Ladders and Chairs/Ladder Match)

Dolph Ziggler VS Kaval (Survivor Series/IC Title Match)

I couldn't find a Tag Team Championship or a Woman's match that really captivated me enough to include it.
    lol?

Thread Information