Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111 LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2207

Thread: BTB of the Month - August Winner Announced!!!!!

Charismatic Enigma

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: BTB of the Month - June Winner Announced!!!!!

Sorry to miss voting, congratulations Wolf Beast!

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: BTB of the Month - June Winner Announced!!!!!

1st of August already. Hell of a busy month in the section, but it’s time to vote for your top 3 in July.

Send your votes to me, via PM.

You have until August 7th at 6pm BST.

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status

Re: BTB of the Month - July Voting Open!!!!!

Solid turnout thus far with eight votes cast in a little over 48 hours of the polls being open.

Looking like a two horse race at the moment, but the person in third place could still make a charge for 1st, and overall no fewer than FOUR bookers have picked up a 1st place vote thus far.

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status

13 votes cast with about 22 hours to go. Last chance to make your voice heard!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

My votes are in! Good luck everyone.

"LET ME IN.."

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status

~~BE THE BOOKER OF THE MONTH – JULY RESULTS~~

Here we go again!! A huge month within the BTB section, which saw a number of threads continue to gain steam, but in the end, three threads stood out from the pack, backed up with three HUGE Pay Per View offerings – but SEVEN bookers in total found themselves with at least one first place vote. Let’s find out who would come out on top in this Titanic tussle for the monthly banner!!!
    The following FIFTEEN members of the forum voted {names are listed in alphabetical order}:

BattleTank, Bigmc123, Chaddes, Deco90, EZ3, Keefmoon, OMB, ranthellacious, Rasky, roy mustang, Skengman95, Ursa King, White Rhyno, Wolf Beast, Zoom-E.

A slight dip from last months huge turnout, but still a more than healthy showing for the section, especially with everything else going on with the King of BTB Tournament probably taking up a lot of attention right now. Pat yourselves on the backs folks!! You’re all awesome!!

Now, before I get onto the results – quick monthly plug for THIS thread. I’d encourage everyone to have a post in this thread, and better yet – to keep it updated. It will be VERY useful at the end of the year!! We’ve quite a few empty posts in there, not been updated since being made months ago. Please keep them up to date folks – otherwise you’re only doing it to boost your post count!!

NOTE: Any ties are broken by the higher number of 1st place votes (then 2nd place votes if still a tie)

=#11
    ALL ELITE WRESTLING: A GLOBAL REVOLUTION | Ty2J (1 points)
    Last Month: =#12
    1 third place vote

=#11
    WCW ‘01 WE’RE NOT DEAD YET | Charlemm1 (1 points)
    Last Month: NE
    1 third place vote

WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT 2019 & BEYOND | Hug Life (2 points)
    2 third place votes

WCW 2001 (WCW WINS THE MONDAY NIGHT WAR) | Homie D Clown (3 points)
    Last Month: 6
    3 third place votes

=#7
    DECO & SKENG PRESENT: WWE BIGGER, BADDER & BETTER | Deco90 & Skengman95 (4 points)
    Last Month: =#10
    1 first place vote, 1 third place vote

=#7
    TNA: THE FIRST 5 YEARS | Gallana (4 points)
    1 first place vote, 1 third place vote

THE KINGS OF WRESTLING | DieselsKnee (5 points)
    Last Month: #6
    2 second place votes, 1 third place vote

OMB NXT BTB | OMB (7 points)
    Last Month: #7
    1 first place vote, 1 second place vote, 2 third place votes

WWE UNITED KINGDOM BRAND | Shade (7 points)
    Last Month: #4
    1 first place vote, 2 second place votes

Spoiler:

EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING BY STOJY | Stojy (15 points)
    Last Month: #3
    2 first place votes, 4 second place votes, 1 third place votes

Highlight of the Month: Anarchy Rulz by name, and Anarchy ruled by nature. Headlined by the Ultimate Jeopardy match, The Network faced it’s toughest task to date, with some infighting, and everyone aiming for a shot at the ECW title. On the undercard, a terrific Low Ki/Homicide match opened the show, and Christopher Daniels faced off against Super Crazy in a showstealer in it’s own right!!

Spoiler:

THE GORILLA POSITION | EZ3 (16 points)

3 first place votes, 3 second place votes, 1 third place vote

Highlight of the Month: The long anticipated arrival of the 2006 Royal Rumble, which threw up a shock finish to the WWE Title match between Batista & The Undertaker, before the Royal Rumble itself, and John Cena’s quest to simply be IN the match, whilst Randy Orton was gifted the plum spot. One man booked their ticket (sort of) to WrestleMania.

Spoiler:

WWE: WHERE IT ALL BEGINS… AGAIN | Keefmoon (25 points)
    Last Month: #2
    6 first place votes, 3 second place votes, 1 third place vote

Highlight of the Month: The 2004 Royal Rumble, which saw TWO titles change hands, controversy as Eddie Guerrero tussled with Chris Benoit and a definitive end to a streak … all before a classic 30 man Rumble match, which culminated in the return of a legend and a shock win, kicking off the “Road to WrestleMania” in style.

And those three big PPV offerings rightly dominated the voting this month, with Keefmoon edging out ahead in the end for comfortable victory after his own Royal Rumble PPV. EZ3 returns to the podium spots for the first time in a while, whilst Stojy finishes up in third for the second month in a row. Three efforts worthy of winning any month, but unfortunately, only one person can take home the banner.

Elsewhere, shout outs to BTB Legend Shade, along with OMB and Deco & Skeng in receiving a first place vote, and also Gallana, who has clearly made an impression on the section with a first place vote cast for him too. Always encouraging to see new names feature on votes.

That takes Keefmoon to a frankly ridiculous haul of SIX Be the Booker of the Month awards in just under 18 months of being on the board!! To say the man has taken the BTB section by storm in that short space of time would be an understatement indeed. With WrestleMania fast approaching on the horizon, he doesn’t look like slowing down any time soon!!

But for now, I just wanted to close out with another big thank you to everyone that took the time to get involved and cast a vote – once again, these things only work if everyone (or as many as possible) get involved in the festivities!!!!! Here’s this month’s banner (my personal favourite of all of 2019) – as always, brought to the BTB section by the grand master of graphics; Doom. Rep that man!!

And I hope to see you all right back here next month!!

I’m Not Booked!

Status

Re: BTB of the Month - July Winner Announced!!!!!

Amazing, thank you so much to everyone who voted for me! Last month was an incredibly strong month and it was hard keeping my votes down to three, so to have won is very flattering indeed.

I'm mostly happy though to get that banner! Bit partial to the white, red and blue colour scheme. Doom has knocked it out of the park again, absolute thing of beauty.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Good job everyone...that red, white and blue color scheme is nice. Didn't have time to vote, apologies...leaving for my trip in a couple of hours. See you in a couple of weeks.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

Congratulations Keef, well done to everyone else who got votes as well! Was a killer month this month as per

Impact 2014: Rebranding When It Mattered
    Vinny Ru's Black & Red Kru: WCW 2000.....Help.

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Congrats Keef and to all the others who received votes. Another great month!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Congratulations everyone involved! Appreciate everyone who voted for me & Skeng.

Also thanks to Wolfy for the shout out.

"LET ME IN.."

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status

Voting is open for your August BTBOTM. PM me your top 3 of the last month. Should be a great race for the top spot this time around.

Voting closes on Saturday at this exact time.

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status

Re: BTB of the Month - August Voting Open!!!!!

As anticipated, if the first five sets of votes are anything to go by, this could be one of the closest run contests we’ve seen. No one is pulling away from the pack as yet, and everyone that’s received a vote is still in contention.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Exciting! :D

I need to read and review a couple more shows before I vote. Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow.

"LET ME IN.."

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Dropped my votes for this month, and I felt real bad leaving out a couple of projects that did very well.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Dropped my votes for this month, and I felt real bad leaving out a couple of projects that did very well.
    Same here buddy! Very tough to only pick three this time around.

Section is absolutely thriving at the moment and bursting with quality :D
    Best of luck to everyone!

"LET ME IN.."

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status

Midweek update;

10 sets of votes cast at the moment. One point between first and second, but third and fourth place could still catch either of them. Lots of fun for me to watch play out, with the lead swapping around a good few times already. Every vote counts!

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status

No further votes cast since the last update. Ten feels a little on the low side, considering what we’ve had in previous months. Still a little over 24 hours to get voting - every vote counts!

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Believe I got my votes in just as the last second.. Tried to spread the love compared to the usual "These are my favorites to catch up on" this time around..

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status

~~BE THE BOOKER OF THE MONTH – AUGUST RESULTS~~

It’s been over a year since Keefmoon became the last person to open their BTBOTM account, and since then, we’ve only seen multi-time winners continue to win the award. Will August 2019 see the BTB section crown a new winner of the prestigious monthly prize, or will a former winner once again take the banner?? It’s been the most hotly contested month in my time moderating the section, so let’s get to it…

The following THIRTEEN members of the forum voted {names are listed in alphabetical order}:

BattleTank, Bigmc123, Chaddes, Deco90, GCB, Keefmoon, OMB, ranthellacious, Rasky, roy mustang, Sykotic, TWG, Wolf Beast.

Another slight dip in turnout, but over a dozen voters isn’t a figure to be sniffed at. Thank you all for taking the time to read and submit your votes. Again, these awards can’t go ahead with the participation of the community!! Let’s hope to hit the heights of prior months again next time around!!

Now, before I get onto the results – quick monthly plug for THIS thread. I’d encourage everyone (everyone involved in the community really should have one tbh) to have a post in this thread, and better yet – to keep it updated. It will be VERY useful at the end of the year!! We’ve quite a few empty posts in there, and others that have not been updated since being made months ago. Please keep them up to date folks – otherwise you’re only doing it to boost your post count!!

NOTE: Any ties are broken by the higher number of 1st place votes (then 2nd place votes if still a tie)

=#11
    WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT 2019 & BEYOND | Hug Life (1 point)
    Last Month: #10
    1 third place vote

=#11
    THE KINGS OF WRESTLING | DieselsKnee (1 point)
    Last Month: #6
    1 third place vote

=#9
    WWE 2019 – NO MORE WILDCARDS | roy mustang (2 points)
    2 third place votes

=#9
    WWE UNITED KINGDOM BRAND | Shade (2 points)
    Last Month: #4
    2 third place votes

=#7
    WCW 1996 – THE BIRTH OF THE NWO | Bigmc123 (2 points)
    1 second place vote

=#7
    GCB’S WWE [2014] THE DAWNING OF THE YES MOVEMENT | GCB (2 points)
    1 second place vote

WCW 2001 (WCW WINS THE MONDAY NIGHT WAR) | Homie D Clown (3 points)
    Last Month: #9
    1 first place vote

WWE: WHERE IT ALL BEGINS… AGAIN | Keefmoon (9 points)
    Last Month: #1
    1 first place vote, 2 second place votes, 2 third place votes

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

=#3
    IMPACT 2014: RE-BRANDING WHEN IT MATTERED | Chaddes (11 points)
    1 first place vote, 3 second place votes, 2 third place votes

Highlight of the Month: Clearly, Bound For Glory made a big impression, as Chaddes storms onto the podium places this month. Kicking off with an Ultimate X match, and with a Broken Matt Hardy Monsters Ball match to boot, the double main event which saw the World Title on the line, followed by a Last Man Standing match put this show over the top, and Chaddes gets a reward for his efforts here.

DECO & SKENG PRESENT: WWE BIGGER, BADDER & BETTER | Deco90 & Skengman95 (11 points)
    Last Month: =#7
    1 first place vote, 3 second place votes, 2 third place votes

Highlight of the Month: Has to be the Money in the Bank PPV which saw a Boss and a Superman leave with some extra hardware in their possession. With a unique (and I imagine time consuming) idea to use gifs to get across certain big moves, this duo have been making strides in the BTB section month on month, and now have a podium finish to their name. A banner looks to be soon on the horizon at this trajectory!

Spoiler:

OMB NXT BTB | OMB (12 points)
    Last Month: #5
    4 first place votes

Highlight of the Month: A stellar TakeOver: Pittsburgh event, kicking off with the NXT Title match, and concluding with the dramatic reveal of the mysterious Manhattan Project very nearly brings OMB a first BTBOTM award. This is another thread that is gaining a lot of momentum within the section, and if the next phase of the Manhattan Project storyline builds successfully on the first, it wont be long before he steps up to first place.

Spoiler:

WWF – 1991 AND BEYOND | BattleTank (22 points)
    5 first place votes, 3 second place votes, 1 third place vote

Highlight of the Month: Wembley Stadium. SummerSlam 1992. What else could it be!? An event the BTB section has waited for for months finally hit, and obviously made an impression throughout the community. Be it the conclusion of the Rockers near year long rivalry, the blockbuster 6 man tag that saw Jake Roberts Freak Show take on Hulk Hogan, Brutus Beefcake and the Ultimate Warrior or the FIRST EVER triple threat match in WWF history headline the historic show, and much much more – this PPV had it all!!

Don't be fooled by the ten point gap in the end; it was one of the closest contests we had going into the final 24 hours with any of the top 3-5 still in contention, until BattleTank pulled clear at the end picking up 3 first place picks to put him over the top and secure a rather sizeable win. Legitimately, any of the top 5 this month looked like they could’ve won this at different points, with the top 4 all holding the lead in the voting at various points over the past week. It means we’re STILL waiting on a first time winner of the monthly award, as BattleTank picks up his SECOND banner.

And this victory is long overdue! Since winning his maiden BTBOTM award back in March of last year, BattleTank has had no less than FOUR podium finishes this year alone (two seconds, two thirds), but an epic SummerSlam from Wembley Stadium has ensured he becomes a TWO TIME winner of this prestigious award.

Special praise for OMB picking up a big percentage of first place votes across the section this month, and until the last flurry of votes, it looked like he might just hang on to take his first award, after a terrific TakeOver, which saw the culmination of the introduction of the incredible Manhattan Project, which has thrown NXT into chaos in recent months. Still, a first podium finish is hopefully something OMB can build from in the months to come.

Deco and Skengman are also beginning to build momentum, and their Money in the Bank effort this month clearly was a hit with the section, allowing them to make their first appearance in the top 3 with this new joint venture. Much like OMB, it’s something to build on for the future. And Chaddes joins them in third, with Bound For Glory hitting the section, making an Impact for sure!! Refreshing to see new faces in contention.

But despite the huge push from those bookers, in the end, it’s close, but no cigar, as the August banner belongs to BattleTank. Tank, congrats; and here’s your prize, courtesy – as always – of Doom.

For now, that’ll wrap us up, and I hope to see you all (and more!!) right back here next month!!

Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111 LastLast

Thread Information