Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: --- F R O N T I E R ---

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

--- F R O N T I E R ---

Last edited by iamthedestroyer; 01-26-2011 at 12:52 PM.
    lol?

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Re: --- F R O N T I E R ---

In late 2010 Titan Sports put fourth a plan to further monopolize the wrestling business. Vince McMahon began a 5 year plan to introduce numerous new wrestling companies under the Titan Sports umbrella, some which will reside in North America, others which will reside internationally.

The main goal in mind was to over saturate and further monopolize the wrestling business. McMahon wanted to create smaller promotions with different business models than the current WWE. Given that these promotions would be smaller, they could more effectively steal talent who aren't ready for the WWE from smaller promotions. Being able to sign lesser known independent wrestlers to low cost exclusive contracts could force a lot of smaller promotions out of business.

Unlike the original WWE brand extension, these promotions would operate as separate sister companies. WWE hoped that the differences in execution and style might attract fans back to the wrestling industry who otherwise were disenfranchised with WWE's variety show "entertainment" based product.

The first, and biggest of these new companies was a promotion called Frontier Pro Wrestling. (Referred to as FRONTIER for short.) The goal in mind for Frontier was to go head to head with TNA Impact and put Dixie Carter out of business. WWE felt having Raw or Smackdown move to Thursdays to face Impact would make TNA come off as bigger and more important than they were, and inadvertently help TNA. Hence why using a smaller well marketed sister company to go head to head was a better plan.

Little is known about the management for FRONTIER, Jim Ross has been utilized as on screen President of the company. Vince McMahon had announced that any WWE contracted talent who wish to negotiate with FRONTIER could at their own will, but they would have to waive their current contracts. This created a unique situation where most would choose to play it safe, but other wrestlers saw an opportunity to make a very large risk based investment in furthering their career.

Frontier also began raiding the independents in an attempt to sign nationally unknown talent who could be built into home grown stars.
    Last edited by iamthedestroyer; 12-09-2010 at 06:27 AM.
    lol?

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Frontier has a unique set of rules and regulations when compared to mainstream wrestling organizations such as WWE or TNA.

Frontier runs a 90 minute show every Thursday at 8PM. Each show is treated like a PPV card. Aside from the first week after a PPV, every show will have their match line up announced two weeks in advance. Each weekly show will have a specific headlining main event match.

All wrestlers signed to Frontier must sign over the rights to allow a Frontier camera crew to follow them at all times during the day at the discretion of the promotion.

The most important goal that Frontier has in mind is to restore enjoyment in weekly wrestling programming by having every match carry an aura of importance.

To do this Frontier tracks records for each one of it's wrestlers. Winning is important. After a loss, Frontier President Jim Ross has the right to release a wrestler from his contract. Not only does a wrestler make more money when they win, they also get closer to the Frontier World Title. There are also official power rankings at the end of the month. Rankings are based on each wrestlers record with strength of opponents in mind as well. Champions are not eligible for ranking.

The rules for Frontier matches are as follows:
    -Every match is contested under a time limit. Given the nature of television, this sometimes will cause Frontier to run longer than the 90 minutes that is allotted for the weekly TV show. In this case, Frontier has a unique deal with their network allowing the show to go on past the 90 minute mark.

-In the case of a time limit draw, a panel of ringside judges will decide the winner through voting.

-There are no count outs, but referees can disqualify a wrestler if he is using the outside area as an avenue to avoid his opponent.

-There are disqualifications, although they are heavily scrutinized. If a wrestler is constantly getting DQed, they might face fines or suspensions front Frontier President Jim Ross.

Championship Match Rules:
    -Champions have what is called "Championship Advantage". This means that in the case of the time running out, there will be no judges deciding on the winner of a championship match. The champion will instead retain as he has not been beat.

-Challengers have the right to waive off a disqualification by the champion. Meaning, if the champion deliberately hits the challenger with a foreign object in an attempt to retain the belt the challenger can opt for the match to go on in order to not lose their shot. The referees will do their best job to maintain a fair wrestling environment where foreign objects are out of reach.

-In reference to challengers being able to wave off disqualification attempts by the champion, Frontier President Jim Ross retains the right to strip a champion of their belt if he feels that the champion is abusing this rule.
    Last edited by iamthedestroyer; 12-09-2010 at 06:52 AM.
    lol?

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

RIVAL PROMOTIONS

Total Non Stop Action:
    Spoiler:

TNA is the rival of Frontier. They both air in the same time slot on Thursday Nights. Wrestling fans have branded this as the "Thursday Night Wars'."

Frontier has yet to begin airing. As of now, Spike TV is happy with TNA's ratings. They are doing what seems to be their life time average of 1.1.

Backstage, TNA is a mess. Most wrestlers have come to realize that with the current management, TNA will never reach a higher place than it is right now. The illusion that if the wrestlers work hard that TNA could one day compete with WWE is gone.

This has bread an environment where there are three tiers of wrestlers. Those who are making peanuts who fear for their jobs. Those who realize they no longer need to work hard and can sit back collecting thousands of dollars for a minimal effort, and those who want out.

Mick Foley has already left the company. There is also a major rumor that one of TNA's biggest stars has requested and been granted their release.

Ring Of Honor:
    Spoiler:

After the 2010 holiday season, ROH owner Carey Silken chose to fold the company.

Carey Silken sold the video library to Vince McMahon. Given the number of former ROH stars making their way up WWE and many of Titan Sport's new sister companies, this footage is extremely valuable.

Part of the deal involved Vince lending Carey former ROH stars under WWE contract for one final string of good bye shows.

Bryan Danielson (Aka Daniel Bryan) won the ROH Championship on the final show defeating Roderick Strong in the final ROH match ever.

Last edited by iamthedestroyer; 12-09-2010 at 08:30 AM.
    lol?

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

FRONTIER TALENT ROSTER
    **Click Spoilers To View Each Wrestler's Back Story**

FACES

Daniel Bryan
    Spoiler:

Daniel Bryan's time line in this BTB is slightly alternate than his real life one. After defeating Dolph Ziggler at Bragging Rights, Bryan and Ziggler continued to feud with Bryan defeating Ziggler two more times that week on both Raw and Smackdown.

Ziggler dismayed with the situation still believed he could beat Daniel Bryan. Despite Vickie Guerrero scolding Ziggler, Ziggler went behind her back and laid out a challenge for a final match with Bryan. Because Bryan had no reason to face Ziggler, Ziggler offered to put up his IC belt as leverage. Bryan agreed.

After a botched attempt to interfere in the match by Vickie Guerrero, Daniel Bryan defeated Dolph Ziggler to unify both the IC and US belts. The unified version of the belt was renamed the WWE United Championship as it was the only singles title that could be defended on both brands.

Throughout the rest of October, November, and December Daniel Bryan went on to rack up win after win on both brands against the likes of Kane, Edge, The Miz, and even John Cena in a match that saw Wade Barrett interfere.

Daniel Bryan still holds the WWE United Championship Belt. For inexplicable reasons, despite beating almost every top star WWE has at the moment, Daniel Bryan was told that he would not be given a spot in the Royal Rumble. Conspiracy theorists blame this sabotage on WWE Champion The Miz and his agent Michael Cole....although that could not be proven.

After being discluded in the Royal Rumble, WWE United Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan announced his intentions to join Frontier.

Dolph Ziggler
    Spoiler:

Please refer to Daniel Bryan's back story before reading Ziggler's.

After losing the Intercontinental belt to Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler broke up with Vickie Guerrero thus turning face.

Dolph spent the rest of October and November feuding with Vickie Guerrero's boy toy of the week.

The feud blew off with a Hair VS Hair match, where Ziggler put his hair on the line against a wrestler of Vickie's choice on PPV. The stipulation being that the losing party get their head shaved and get banished from Smackdown forever.

Ziggler overcame the odds defeating Cody Rhodes. Cody Rhodes was representing Vickie Guerrero, meaning he was fine to keep his hair and stay on Smackdown in turn Vickie was embarrassed and had her head shaved.

After making a name for himself as a baby face, Ziggler announced that he would be looking to get in on what he feels will be a revolution in the world of Pro Wrestling and sign with Frontier.

Richie Steamboat
    Spoiler:

Richie Steamboat is the son of WWE Hall Of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.

Richie is a fresh face, as he has never been on the main roster of a nationally televised wrestling promotion. He is best known for his time in WWE's development territory Florida Championship Wrestling.

Richie Steamboat was one of the few FCW talent to have Jim Ross personally request that they be called up to the Frontier roster.

Richie Steamboat will be managed by his father, Ricky Steamboat.

El Generico
    Spoiler:

Although these are just rumors which cannot and will never be proven. Word is that Frontier President Jim Ross was so dead set on signing this masked wrestler that he traveled through the most dangerous, drug ravaged areas of Mexico just to find him.

Whether or not that is true, El Generico will be making his national debut with Frontier.

Could El Generico be a few brainbusters away from shocking the world and bringing the Frontier World Championship back to Tijuana?

HEELS

CM Punk
    Spoiler:

CM Punk is set to return from a hip injury.

After a period at the announce booth on Monday Night Raw, CM Punk made it clear that he planned on leaving the WWE for good and joining Frontier.

Jack Swagger
    Spoiler:

Throughout November and December Swagger was on fire on Smackdown.

Swagger's run culminated in a PPV title match against Edge. Swagger had the match won, but the ref was knocked out. After waking up the referee, Swagger was speared by Edge for the loss.

A furious Jack Swagger broke the referees ankle with his ankle lock, causing Theodore Long to suspend him.

Instead of serving what Swagger felt was a wrongful suspension, he hit Smackdown where it hurt and walked out of the brand in order to sign with Frontier.

Lance Storm
    Spoiler:

The aged veteran turned full time trainer was lured back into the business by Frontier.

The Wrestling Observer news letter had reported that Frontier approached Lance Storm with a deal to use the Storm Wrestling Academy and Prairie Wrestling Alliance as one of many Frontier development territories.

The Observer also reported that part of the deal sees Lance report to the main roster for TV tapings and PPVs.

Lance Storm is best known for his run as Intercontinental Champion in the WWF where his career peaked with a SummerSlam match against Edge. Lance has never captured a World Championship. Could his involvement in Frontier change that?

under construction, more to come.
    Last edited by iamthedestroyer; 12-10-2010 at 05:19 AM.
    lol?

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Thursday Night Wrestling is a 90 minute show that takes place every Thursday at 8PM. It consists of three matches scheduled for a total of one hour of time limits. There are also live segments and an in depth look at the Frontier backstage environment. If the opening match and semi main event both end early enough, there are unannounced buffer matches that can take place. Frontier has an understanding with their cable carrier that due to the live nature of Thursday Night Wrestling, the show will occasionally bleed over the 90 minutes allotted for it. In that case, the cable carrier has agreed to continue rolling the show.

CHAPTER 1: THE ROAD TO REINVENTING PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING

JANUARY 6th
    Click Here To Read
    Match Card
    Spoiler:

***M A I N * E V E N T***

Winner Fights For The World Championship At Reinventing Professional Wrestling (Sunday February 13th, 2011)
    30 Minute Time Limit
    Jack Swagger (0-0) VS Kurt Angle (0-0)

***S E M I * M A I N * E V E N T***

20 Minute Time Limit
    Evan "Air" Bourne (0-0) VS Justin Gabriel (0-0)

***A * N E W * S T A R * D E B U T S***

10 Minute Time Limit
    Chavo Guerrero (0-0) VS Seth Rollins (0-0)

JANUARY 13th
    Match Card
    Spoiler:

***M A I N * E V E N T***

Winner Fights For The World Championship At Reinventing Professional Wrestling (Sunday February 13th, 2011)
    30 Minute Time Limit
    Dolph Ziggler (0-0) VS CM Punk (0-0)

***S E M I * M A I N * E V E N T***

20 Minute Time Limit
    Richie Steamboat (0-0) VS Alberto Del Rio (0-0)

***T H E * S I L V E R B A C K * I N * A C T I O N***

10 Minute Time Limit
    "The Silverback" Ryan Reeves (Formerly Skip Sheffield) (0-0) VS Yoshi Tatsu (0-0)

JANUARY 20th
    No Match Card Announced Yet

JANUARY 27th

FEBRUARY 3rd

FEBRUARY 10th (Go Home Show)

Last edited by iamthedestroyer; 01-08-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    lol?

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Uprising is a one hour show that takes place Saturday at 11 PM. The difference between Uprising and Thursday Night Wrestling is that Uprising is taped, where as Thursday Night Wrestling is live. This allows Uprising to be edited down and cut appropriately. Uprising is taped before Thursday Night Wrestling. Uprising is the show where less established members of Frontier will have a venue to get over their characters and angles. On the week before big shows or PPVs, Uprising will be replaced with a preview show airing in it's place. Unlike Thursday Night Wrestling, Uprising does not have a pre announced fight card.
    Last edited by iamthedestroyer; 12-20-2010 at 12:39 PM.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

reserved for content 3
    lol?

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

reserved for content 4
    lol?

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

reserved for content last
    lol?

OMB BAYBAY!

Status

This looks absolutely incredible. Something fresh and it's an idea that I've always wondered could be possible. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this. Haven't been this excited for a BTB in a long time.

People's Champion

Status

There is alot here to be able to try to read, but i will. this looks like an amazing idea here. I love the idea. Good luck. I will give you full feedback later (like you need it :P).

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Wow this is absolutely awesome Destroyer. I really like it and I hope FRONTIER just had indy and midcard superstars giving a chance to rise instead of main events, I think that was in the backstory. I read everything and it is a sweet idea, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Richie Steamboat and El Generico sounds like great wrestlers and I can't wait for what else you come up with. A 90 hour show seems kind of not good but then again, it makes the most sense to me. Good luck to you, Destroyer, I will be checking in on this

Suffocate|Concuss|Prevail

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I'm lovin this BTB after reading through most of the stuff. I will keep my eye on this one.
    Wade. to attack, approach, or begin vigorously.
    Will. power or capacity of free, conscious choice.
    Amiable. (to persons) having a pleasing and kindly disposition.

People's Champion

Status

Okay, so after reading everything, i love the way this looks and feels. Its an MMA wrestling deal. Its amazing. I love it!

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Update: Added three new back story's to the roster page.

The thread is still under construction, and everything should be pieced together within a week or two.

Thanks for the comments thus far.
    lol?

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Punk, Swagger and Storm are interesting choices, I doubt Punk would really leave WWE, would have gave a little more info on his release, Swagger's signing backstory is very interesting and Storm just being lured isn't bad, hope you push them guys, they work well as heels.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

News Update 12/13/2010
    -Jim Ross announced that the initial Frontier roster has been finalized. Although only a few members of the roster have been officially disclosed, the rest should be revealed in the coming weeks.

-Now that the roster is finalized, Jim Ross will hold a press conference. On the bill Ross is set to address the Frontier World Championship, the first ever Frontier PPV, along with what Ross calls a "game changing" free agent acquisition.
    lol?

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

(This press conference will be separated into different parts for each section of the agenda. There is both a full length version and cliff note for those who do not wish to read the whole thing. The next parts are coming soon.)

AGENDA:

• Part 1: Addressing a major conflict with WWE management.
    • Part 2: Introducing the "game changing" free agent acquisition.
    • Part 3: Announcing the first two Thursday Night Wrestling fight cards.

FRONTIER PRESS CONFERENCE PART 1:
    Spoiler:

**The scene opens to a back drop with the Frontier logo patterned across it. In front is a long table with multiple microphones. In the middle, a podium. The room is packed with spectators and wrestling "media"**

**Jim Ross enters wearing a suit. He is void of his trademark cowboy hat. Ross takes a stand at the podium**

JIM ROSS
    Thank you all for coming to this press conference. I apologize for being late, but I've been on the phone all day trying to sort out an issue in time for this press conference but unfortunately it looks like my efforts fell short.

Before I explain this issue, I'd like to preface by explaining that the wrestling world thrives on competition. There's been an illusion of competition between Raw and Smackdown over the last eight or so years, but I think it's safe to say that most fans see that for what it is, a show, a production.

Frontier is something different. Although we do get our funding from the same company as WWE, we are not one. WWE is a great company with a lot of fantastic people, but over time myself and others alike have found ourselves disenfranchised with WWE's vision of what wrestling is suppose to be.

Frontier is about getting those like minded people together so that we can try to prove that our vision is greater. Make no doubts about it, our goal is to become the standard for Professional Wrestling in the world.

With that said, our only common link to WWE is that Titan Sports has allowed any Raw or Smackdown talent who is not fully satisfied with their contract to negotiate with myself and Frontier, and in the event that we come to an agreement wave their WWE contract and work for us.

This waiver period ends on January 1st. A lot of people are making some very good money in WWE, and to come down to a new company like Frontier presents a very big risk. With that in mind, a lot of wrestlers have rightfully chosen to stay with WWE.

That brings me to what I'd consider to be our biggest coup from WWE, Daniel Bryan. Daniel Bryan is currently the WWE United Heavyweight Champion. In the recent months he's been on fire. In my 30 years in this business, I'm not sure if I've seen a greater in ring talent than this young man.

In those same 30 years, I've also never seen such great talent squandered by poor management and backstage politicking. Despite holding wins over the current WWE Champion The Miz, WWE poster child John Cena, and many other top talents; Daniel Bryan was not granted a spot in the Royal Rumble. To illustrate my point, Primo has been given a spot in the Royal Rumble. I have nothing against Primo, but it speaks for itself. Bryan feels that he is being held down and has nothing else he can possibly accomplish in the WWE given the situation.

Daniel Bryan is a tenacious individual and wants to live up this best in the world moniker. For that reason, he chose to join Frontier so he could fight for the World Championship and reinvent the sport. Unfortunately for both Bryan, and ourselves at Frontier......that likely won't happen anytime soon.

The powers that be at the WWE are trying to prevent Daniel Bryan from wrestling here at Frontier under the reasoning that he holds a WWE belt and is thus exempt from being able to waive his contract. Despite putting forward my best efforts on a conference call all day, I could not get them to come to an agreement.

I'm confident that we can fight this and get Daniel Bryan where he belongs, here in Frontier. Unfortunately, it won't happen in time for our debut show. Meaning Bryan won't get to compete to become the first ever Frontier World Champion.

In the interest of fairness, I was able to negotiate an agreement allowing Daniel Bryan to appear in a non wrestling capacity on our debut show which takes place Thursday, January 6th 2011 at 8PM. Bryan will be given TV time to explain his intentions, and his interpretation of the situation.

To Be Continued.....

CLIFF NOTES
    Spoiler:

• Daniel Bryan's right to waive his WWE contract and join Frontier has been disputed by Raw and Smackdown General Managers on the basis that Bryan holding the WWE United Heavyweight Championship makes him ineligible to join Frontier.
    • Jim Ross attempted to negotiate a resolution. As a result of Daniel Bryan's contract still being disputed, he cannot compete for Frontier until the contract is resolved.
    • Daniel Bryan has been allowed to explain himself on the first ever Frontier Thursday Night Wrestling show on January 4th 2011.

Who will be announced as the major game changing free agent acquisition in part 2?

Find out tomorrow.

Last edited by iamthedestroyer; 12-14-2010 at 05:57 AM.
    lol?

OMB BAYBAY!

Status

It seems obvious that Daniel Bryan will end up being the poster boy of FRONTIER seeing as how he's on the poster and all, but besides that you provided a good press conference that really distinguished the product as being under the same tower as WWE--but being an entirely different entity. Extremely creative and well written so far, I'm very excited to see where this heads.

Thread Information