Country                    England

WC's 2010 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss the wrestlers who you have loved to hate in 2010

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: WC's 2010 Heel of the Year Ongoing Discussion Thread

Kevin Steen.

He'll sell your mask on eBay. Kiss you. Lick barbed wire, your blood, your face. Make a t-shirt featuring your decapitated head. Beat you by having Steve Corino's son distract you. Compare hitting you with a steel chair to the birth of his son.

Status

Kevin Steen.
    Sheamus.
    Batista.

Those are the trio that jump to mind right away.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

None of the above. Wade Barrett. He has managed to do what none of the others have been able to do and make himself out to be the world's biggest scumbag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

GSP! GSP! GSP!

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

Batista was pretty damn impressive in the Cena feud. Really showed all those who said that he couldn't promo for shit that dey wuz wrong!
    Also The Miz is a great candidate, since many people on this board seem to hate him legitimately, which is the sign of a great heel.

Basic B*tches

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Capone View Post
    None of the above. Wade Barrett. He has managed to do what none of the others have been able to do and make himself out to be the world's biggest scumbag.
    Yep. I agree with Wade Barrett as well. His heel heat is legitimate hatred for the man. He's not cool..he doesn't have a bunch of catchphrases.. he's just an awful prick and people hate him for it. He definitely gets the best reactions.

Close second would either be The Miz or probably CM Punk for his SES stuff earlier in the year.. he was awesome as the Manson type of character with the beard and chest hair.

Status

Jeff Hardy. He's playing the Antichrist part really good.
    Spoiler:

Roll Tide...Because Charlie said so.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Really, really hard choice for this. Sticking with WWE for now, the contenders have to be:

Batista; Barrett; Sheamus; Miz.

The latter two probably would take a back seat to the others. I'm going with Batista though. For half a year, there was no better character than Batista, and while some may argue he hasn't been around for the other half, Barrett only became a big heel in the second half of this year. Right now, I'm solidly behind Batista for heel of the year.

Suffocate|Concuss|Prevail

Status
      Country                    us=United States

It's down to two guys for me, Steen & Barrett. Kevin Steen has been so twisted, sadistic, and evil throughout the year during his feud with Generico. Then Barrett has been the classic heel since he's taken the role as the leader of Nexus. The fans hate this guy so much, they'll boo him every second he talks; last night on Raw was a pretty good example.
    Wade. to attack, approach, or begin vigorously.
    Will. power or capacity of free, conscious choice.
    Amiable. (to persons) having a pleasing and kindly disposition.

WAKE UP

Status

I think Steen and Corino are both the most genuinely dislikable heels going but Wade wins for the amount of pure heat he gets.

Covered in Blood

Status

1) Steen, 2) Barrett. Barrett gets the most heat but he has a crowd that is easier to predict and manipulate. Nothing against the work he's put in so far this year, but when we're talking about the best heel for 2010 it's Kevin Steen, no contest. Steen also has the ring work to back up all of the storyline stuff whereas Barrett's matches have been pretty pitiful.

Basic B*tches

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Crest Fall View Post
    1) Steen, 2) Barrett. Barrett gets the most heat but he has a crowd that is easier to predict and manipulate
    What? WWE's crowd is a big reason why Randy Orton was turned face. They don't cheer for people based on what WWE is telling them to do.. this isn't the 80's.. Look at all the dudes that chant "Cena Sucks" .. it's a lot different culture now.

Wade is great because there's nothing about his character that someone can latch on to and cheer.. he's a prick straight up and damn good at it.

Fyi, a crowd that may be easier to "manipulate" isn't a bad thing either.. its refreshing from what I see on some shows and it's a lot better than the fans trying to put themselves over the talent.

Covered in Blood

Status

I didn't say that it was a bad thing, did I?

WWE could have done something about Orton receiving cheers. Instead they decided to make him a face and he's over more than ever. Nothing wrong with that decision at all, but it's not like they didn't have options to keep him heel.

Take crowd reactions out of the equation and I would still have Steen edging Barrett out based on more consistent despicable behavior and moments. The stuff involving Barrett and the Nexus has also been really repetitive, and not necessarily in a good heelish way at times, either.

Now if you take the crowd reactions out of the equation for Jeff Hardy, his heel work is still pants-pissing hilariously bad stuff.

Basic B*tches

Status

Why would I take crowd reactions out of it? Barrett's job is the get a good heel reaction and that's exactly what he does. Everything from his prickish promos/behavior to the way he carries himself and his mannerisms are all top level imo.. and there's absolutely nothing "cool" about him whatsoever which is very refreshing.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

I have to agree with Brandon on this one. The sole purpose of a wrestler, babyface or heel, is to get that reaction and Barrett over achieves. I personally feel that Steen is overrated and while his interactions are entertaining, they don't make me want to punch him. Barrett's promo on Cena was legit scum material and one of the very few times I legit wanted to see someone get their face tattooed with fists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Wade Barrett, The Miz, and Kevin Steen.

Wade Barrett's hostile takeover initiative is insanely over in the heel area. Destroying legends, the boss, and John Cena's career (for now of course) have all lead to a winning formula. Fantastic heel performance for Barrett.

The Miz? Really? Really? Reeaaallllyyy???? Yes, The Miz. The man fans love to hate. Well they can suck it cause now public enemy #1 is WWE Champ, and will no doubt only become an even better heel thanks to it. He's AWEEEEESOME!

Kevin Steen. No need for description.

Covered in Blood

Status

I'm asking for argument's sake. Christ, you act like I am trashing Barrett when I am not. I am simply giving my case for Kevin Steen over Barrett. In comparison to Steen, Barrett has been repetitive, tame, and has had poor matches, but Barrett has still been really damned good. The debut of the Nexus was certainly not tame and was one of the most shocking moments in the history of the WWE. In terms of heels, it was also one of the most detestable acts as well, including some of their other attacks on wrestlers. His promos have been good, especially his ones on NXT and where he has mocked and humiliated Cena. His ability to work the crowd is uncanny and is second to very few. Of those that come to mind that are better is only CM Punk. That's one of the bad things about Steen: His promo ability. Some of them are facepalm worthy and I wouldn't trust him to deliver with a live mic. Still, when we are talking about heels and the terrible things they have done, Barrett has nothing on Kevin Steen this year.

World Champion

Status

Also I think what this thread is lacking CM Punk from earlier on in 2010. Obviously as of late the WWE has kinda shit all over him but his promos from early 2010 = great heel win. Especially when he stopped in the middle of the Royal Rumble after eliminating everyone and gave his speeches and tried to disciple people to follow the Straight Edge lifestyle, I marked out insanely. And afterwards when the Straight Edge Society was coming together and he always escaped with the dirty win, awesome stuff. I'd probably rank my recent picks as:

1. Wade Barrett
    2. CM Punk
    3. The Miz
    4. Kevin Steen

Hey guys I’m cool

Status

it's gotta be Wade fuckin Barrett he took the ball and ran with it...

Spoiler:

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

Going to agree with the strong points for Barrett here, as he is hated by everyone. The only other one would be Miz, but he has been getting some face pops and crowd support, so I go with Barrett.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information