Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899
Results 1,961 to 1,971 of 1971

Thread: General Game Discussion

When the black man talkin

Status

Re: General Game Discussion

I genuinely can't tell you anything that was actually good about Fallout 4 besides slightly improved gameplay.

The dialogue system was atrocious and completely neutered one of the selling points of the entire Fallout franchise (witty writing). No choice in anything whatsoever. The choices were basically Yes, Sarcastic Yes, Ask another question (leading to Yes), I'll do it later.
    The quests were unimaninative, closed, lacked consequence. Also a lack of real quests thanks to ...
    Radiant quests to make the game "feel big".
    No freedom to go out and do what you wanted. Unkillable NPCs running rampant (much like Skyrim).
    Following on from this point, every playthrough is the same because Bethesda were so paranoid about a player *gasp* not being able to complete a quest because of choices they made. Your character can't change much from game to game compared to its predecesors.
    Story was pretty average. So was Fallout 3's, but at least FO3 had excellent side quests to make up for it.
    Factions sucked and weren't worth investing time in.

Fallout 3 is not a great Fallout game but it's a great game in itself. Fallout 4 is not only not a great fallout game, it's not even a good game.

And yes it's compared to New Vegas and The Witcher as it should be. Obsidian, with their buggy, glitchy, rushed game put Bethesda to shame with New Vegas and created an open world that has rarely been matched in terms of ambition, while still sticking to the key things that make Fallout Fallout. The Witcher 3 is, all things considered, very comfortably the greatest game ever created and again puts Fallout 4 to shame because I can think of countless moments from TW3 (whether that be side quests, main quest or just random encounters) that I remember fondly and gave me a great experience. For example, the quest in the Witcher 3 with Trololo has more heart, imagination and is more memorable than any quest in Fallout 4, and that is frankly embarrassing.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I genuinely can't tell you anything that was actually good about Fallout 4 besides slightly improved gameplay.
    The lady I made was very attractive. That's a plus, at least. But otherwise I agree with just about everything you said. Kudos and a rep for ya.

I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

Shocks criticisms of 4 are mine of New Vegas.

They both suck though.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

For A Better WC

Status
      Country                    England

GTA 5 is amazing and I still play it every now and again. I actually really enjoyed Fallout 4, but I understand what Shock is saying about it, particularly the limited speech options.

I bought Witcher 3 over the summer. Cannot get into it for the life of me.

Status

Which of those criticisms are valid to FO:NV? I don't think any of them fit any criticism of NV.

Dialogue is its strongest point, with tonnes of great lines and options - even hidden options like if you are doing a low intelligence run.

Quests are well thought out and open ended with several solutions.

You can literally kill anyone in the game if you want to. Kill a quest specific NPC? Th game doesn't care it'll just let you do it. As long as you don't kill Victor or Yes Man (since you have to have some way of finishing the game).

Every playthrough is different. The factions you choose cuts off others, and they all have pros and cons, and change reactions towards you.

No radiant quests.

Story is good - it's a look at the world recovering from the war, and how society progresses. The only complaint about the story is that the Legion aren't fleshed out and are just typically bad guys. But the stuff involving Benny, Mr House, the NCR are all top notch. Small factions are interesting with a lot of thought put into them.

So unless you don't like the story (in which case I'd give you the final one), there's no criticism of FO4 that I mentioned that fit New Vegas too.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    GTA 5 is amazing and I still play it every now and again. I actually really enjoyed Fallout 4, but I understand what Shock is saying about it, particularly the limited speech options.

I bought Witcher 3 over the summer. Cannot get into it for the life of me.
    That's a shame, did you get to the bloody baron quest? I think if you get to that point and you can't get into it then you won't at all, but that feels like the point where it changed me from "this game is really good" to "this game is one of the best I've ever played". Then all the extra content, quests, DLC, the scope of the game makes it my favourite game ever.

Status

My buddy loaned me Witcher III on the weekend. Haven't had a chance yet to put much time into it, but I'm sure I will over the autumn.

God's Gift to God

Status

the only thing bad about fallout 4 was the dlc which is a Bethesda tradition

the fuck ya'll think you were playing viva piñata?

People's Champion

Status

I can't stand dialogue system in games. It's the main reason I don't play most RPGS. Nothings worse than wasting time choosing what to ask and what to say.

I can tolerate it in games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance because most of the game is still action. But I'd rather not have any of that stuff in games. If it's just talking and no choosing...I'm ok with that. I'm just not into choices.

I tried Fallout 3 and sold it. I hated Mass Effect for the same reason. Spent a whole buzz choosing what to say. I could of been planning out an attack on an enemy in an RTS or shooting, slicing and leveling up in an FPS like Shadow Warrior.

As far as RPGS go...I like the Ys series. It reminds me of Zelda and it reminds me of FF 2 on snes.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Hey nerds, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4 are all great

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I can't stand dialogue system in games. It's the main reason I don't play most RPGS. Nothings worse than wasting time choosing what to ask and what to say.

I can tolerate it in games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance because most of the game is still action. But I'd rather not have any of that stuff in games. If it's just talking and no choosing...I'm ok with that. I'm just not into choices.

I tried Fallout 3 and sold it. I hated Mass Effect for the same reason. Spent a whole buzz choosing what to say. I could of been planning out an attack on an enemy in an RTS or shooting, slicing and leveling up in an FPS like Shadow Warrior.

As far as RPGS go...I like the Ys series. It reminds me of Zelda and it reminds me of FF 2 on snes.
    I mean you can pretty much just blaze through the dialogue stuff in Fallout and Mass Effect. If you don't care about the decisions tying into the story (Mass Effect) and don't care about the narrative (Fallout) you can just mash through and get straight to the combat.

Thread Information