Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undertaker vs Lesnar WM27

Dont you wish you were me

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Undertaker vs Lesnar WM27

So after the Lesnar fight last night, there appeared to be some animosity between Undertaker and Brock. As Brock was leaving, he walked past Taker, and Taker said "You wanna do it?" And Brock just glared at him at walked by. The interviewer then asked if there was some heat between the two, and Taker said "It's personal." I really dont see Lesnars MMA career being over. Everyone loses. And he should be able to easily work his way back into the number 1 contender spot. There arent alot of great heavyweights, so he should be able to plow through the field. And I know Lesnar doesnt like the constant work schedule of the WWE, so a full time return is pretty much out of the question. But with that said, Taker needs a big time oppenent for WM. I mean who's left. Taker vs Cena would be a draw. But other then that, there's nothing. So the other option is to bring in a big name. Goldberg could be an option. But I think Lesnar is a better option. Back in the day the two had a great feud. And Taker could never really get the best of Lesnar. And Brock would be seen as a legit threat to end Takers streak. So, could this match be in the future? Would Brock be willing to come back just to job to the Undertaker? They are good friends, so I think its possible. I for one cant think of a better WM opponent for Taker. Lesnar to go 19-0, Cena next year to go 20-0. Then retire.
    They're Here!!

12 and 0hio!

Status

Re: Undertaker vs Lesnar WM27

It WONT happen for so many reasons, despite the fact Dana used Brocks WWE fame to help make his a cash crop Dana wants nothing to do with WWE as has been stated by many sources over Lesnar's career, also Lesnar can not legally compete with WWE as long as he is in UFC so he would have to give up his contract which would just be a dumb move on his part as the money in UFC is much better for Lesnar as you could imagine.

Do you know me?

Status

Since WM 27 is in Atlanta, I'd much rather see Goldberg go against the Undertaker, especially if Goldberg is inducted into the HoF. However, I would like to see Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker at a later Wrestlemania, perhaps next years. I'd like to see Cena vs. Taker at Wrestlemania 30, because it'll be in MSG.

I do agree with you about having Undertaker vs. Brock at a Wrestlemania, just not this coming one.

WAKE UP

Status

No way in hell will Lesnar go back to WWE just to lose. That's just career suicide.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

Why is this in News/Spoilers?

Anyways, no this isn't going to happen, even though I would love to see it. I can't see Taker going past 20 and with that said, he has Cena for WM 20 and what's one year with someone who isn't a huge opponent? If it's not Goldberg, Sheamus could even fill the gap.

Dont you wish you were me

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    Why is this in News/Spoilers?

Anyways, no this isn't going to happen, even though I would love to see it. I can't see Taker going past 20 and with that said, he has Cena for WM 20 and what's one year with someone who isn't a huge opponent? If it's not Goldberg, Sheamus could even fill the gap.

Yeah sorry bout that. I didnt know what to post it under since its based off an interview in MMA. And I thought it was kind of spoiler since it was from the Lesnar post fight interview. If someone wants to move it to the appropriate section, thats cool.
    They're Here!!

Do you know me?

Status

I'd love to see it too..

But, as King said, it won't happen. And, it would be career suicide.

[Speak Like A Child]

Status
      Country                    England

Understandable WWE would want Brock, seeing as he's a bigger draw than anyone in WWE nowadays, but it won't happen. Either Brock would have to leave UFC, or WWE and UFC would work together, and that's not going to happen.

And yeah, Brock returning to lose to Taker at WM is just stupid.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Even though I would mark out at the chance to see Lesnar back in the WWE at Mania against Taker like everyone has said it would never happen and bringing Lesnar back for one night just to lose would be career suicide.

If they was to do it I wouldnt be against watching it however.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

I imagine that this is just idle conjecture on the part of whoever is promulgating this rumour - they see Taker and Lesnar looking hostile towards one another and go to the incredible lengths of imagining that Lesnar would want to take what little MMA rep he has amongst some sectors of the fanbase, and pitch it away only to get beaten by a guy he has legitimate heat with.

It wouldn't help Lesnar at all, and unless they gave it a very big lead-up, it wouldn't really be a spectacular match either. If Lesnar's going to get involved in pro-wrestling again, he should be in it for the medium haul at least, and he should be dominating, not losing. But I sincerely doubt that it's going to happen, so most discussion on this subject will be largely moot.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Just thought Id post this.

Obviously, people are buzzing about a possible Brock Lesnar-Undertaker match after last night's face off at the UFC show (chronicled elsewhere on the site).

What I can tell you is that WWE would love to have Taker and Lesnar face off at this year's WrestleMania and according to a few sources in the company have discussed a Lesnar return internally. It will take a lot of money to make it happen (at least million of dollars) and Lesnar would also have to want to do it. That is a big if, especially after he lost last night. The fighter in him has to want to make up for what happened in the Octagon.

Steven Fernandes sent this report.

A few media outlets have picked up the Brock Lesnar/Undertaker confrontation from last night's UFC event. You can read the coverage from The USA Today by clicking here.

Also, the following press release was sent out today.

(Media-Newswire.com) - A post fight stare down between WWE's Undertaker and Brock Lesnar showed video of the two stars glaring at each other as Lesnar walked away from the cage after his UFC 121 loss. The Undertaker was being video interviewed as he stood in the crowd when Lesnar walked by glaring at the wrestler.

Lesnar appeared to stop in front of the Undertaker who uttered the words "You want to do it..." to which Lesnar continued walking away from the huge professional wrestler. the Undertaker, appearing out of character, mentioned that 'It's personal.." between him and Brock as to the apparent strained relationship. Stunned onlookers could only watch in fear of a possible problem breaking out between the two huge stars. The WWE star would not reveal any issues between the fighters on camera repeating that it is personal to the reporter interviewing the star. Several rumors are circulating about a possible return to WWE for Lesnar with the comment from the Undertaker relating to that rather than a problem. No confirmation of these rumors has been made.

Lesnar came into the UFC 121 match as a huge favorite but MMA experts knew Cain Velasquez had a real chance to dethrone the champion which he did in stunning fashion. The match ended with a bloody Lesnar covering up on the mat having taken repeated shots from Velasquez who becomes the first Mexican MMA champion.

pwinsider
    Edit. Saw this on pwinsider too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddVDRJDJsT8
    Last edited by CGS; 10-24-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Status
      Country                    United States

I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I saw this thread. Back in time I probably would have wanted to see a WM match between the two, but not now. It would be terrible all around.

Vengeance With a Smile

Status

This would be stupid for Lesnar to do. Would he really want to burn his bridges with the UFC and Dana for one night (most likely) in the WWE? I don't think it would be worth losing out on the many (massive) paychecks he has left with the UFC for one big paycheck from the WWE. Would I like to see it? Hell yeah, it would really make WWE interesting, do I think it's in Lesnars best interest? Well, I'm obviously not qualified to say what is in his best interest or not, however I don't think it would be. Maybe if he racks up a string of losses in a row, but not after only 1.

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status

I wouldn't wanna see it. I still resent Lesnar for leaving wrestling.

Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Could this not be a benefit to both companies if it was to happen?

Anyway, this would be an awesome, awesome spectacle if it were to happen and I would love to see it happen. I'll believe it when I see it, but I'd truthfully me more looking forward to this than say Cena vs Undertaker.

Plus it would be a massive match for Wrestlemania. Definitely the big draw match, plus it could be a good match (potentially).

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Vengeance With a Smile

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer View Post
    I wouldn't wanna see it. I still resent Lesnar for leaving wrestling.
    You dislike him for leaving a company 7 years ago? I think it's time to get over it.

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status

The only reason I would look foward to Taker/Cena moreis so Cena can get crushed and the little kids will start crying again like they did at HiAC

Spoiler:

12 and 0hio!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TheShockmaster View Post

Anyway, this would be an awesome, awesome spectacle if it were to happen and I would love to see it happen. I'll believe it when I see it, but I'd truthfully me more looking forward to this than say Cena vs Undertaker.

Plus it would be a massive match for Wrestlemania. Definitely the big draw match, plus it could be a good match (potentially).
    I don't think so really, most the people I know that don't know UFC automatically assume it's like "WWF" and crap and that its staged too, don't ask me why but people just tend to do it and teaming up with WWE would just make it worse.

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status

Quote Originally Posted by James Doakes View Post
    You dislike him for leaving a company 7 years ago? I think it's time to get over it.
    I am over it. It's not something I think about all the time I just root against him in all of his fights.

Spoiler:

Vengeance With a Smile

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TheShockmaster View Post
    I don't really see how it would benefit the UFC, at all. Even if he were to come back to the UFC after his stint in WWE (Which I doubt he would be able to) he wouldn't have any more drawing power than he already has. Lesnar already has most of the wrestling fans aware of him, there's not much he could do in that perspective. The only way I can see the UFC being somewhat happy with it is if they get some sort of cut from the WWE. Even then, I doubt that would happen, either. Care to give any explanation as to why you think it would benefit the UFC? I'm interested...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information