Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's next to join Immortal?

Dont you wish you were me

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Who's next to join Immortal?

I, for one, hope that this doesnt get too ridiculous, like the NWO did. At one point, half the roster or more was NWO. We dont need Immortal to get much bigger then they are. However, I think there will be a couple of unexpected turns in order to continue to build their supremecy and "shock" the world. So my question is, who sells out and joins. Right now, I have a couple of suspects.

1. 3D. IMO, this is a pretty obvious turn. They keep building this respected retirement thing, obviously trying to sucker MCMG into putting the titles on the line. Which is a cool storyline, because otherwise they wouldnt be number 1 contenders. The question is, are they going to be revealed as members of Immortal? Will Immortal help them defeat MCMG and bring the tag titles to the group. I think so.

2. RVD. Eventually he'll have this "if you cant beat em, join em" type thing going for him. And when it appears that he and Anderson have joined forces and start to get the upper hand on Immortal, BAM, Rob turns and screws Anderson over.

3. Pope. I think eventually the frustration of not being able to put a dent in Immortal will get to him. When he gets sick and tired of fighting the battle alone, he'll join. I hope I am wrong on this one, because I think Pope should be the leading face to go against Immortal.
    They're Here!!

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Who's next to join Immortal?

The original goal was for the nWo to be it's own brand, hence why half the roster joined but the idea was nixed and the nWo was trimmed down.

I'm not a fan of the idea of RVD joining. I seriously hope he doesn't.

I honestly don't know off the top of my head who I'd want to join at this point.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*

- XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I think MCMG will end up joing Immortal. Kinda got the feeling on Impact that they were about to turn heel. They kind off cheap shoted Generation Me. Dint care to get interviewed and were hanging out with the Beautiful People!

Redwood Original

Status

Gen Me hit them first (see football to back of one of the gun's head. They didn't want to talk because they were busy(i think) and the bp's are supposed to be face now i believe.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    simple logic is sometimes the hardest thing for smart people

In Defense of Capitalism.
    The Lesson Of the Pencil
    Economics of Liberty
    The Real Che
    The real Che would not like your t-shit, or Jay Z singing about him... he'd kill you for it.

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
    ~Thomas Jefferson"
    Spoiler:

Mrs. Giant

Status
    one girl, i drove through 3 states wearing her head as a hat

I do fast forward a lot, but didn't Immortal tell RVD that there was a mole in the EV group or something along those lines. I think that's what they were saying led to the fighting between RVD and Sabu. So my guess would be that RVD turns out to be the mole and joins Immortal. I already think it's large enough, but RVD wouldn't really surprise me if he joined. Which of the other EV2 washed up guys could they possibly want? : ) Not that I don't love Stevie and Raven personally.

Indy Talent

Status

I don't know about joining the immortals but I would love to see Flair and Fortune turn on them. Have a match where Flair is the special referee in a title match. Thinking a 3-way with Hardy, Styles, and Anderson. Then Flair screws over both Hardy and Anderson. AJ becomes the new champion.

Now if I had to choose someone to join the immortals, what about Matt Hardy.. how long does he have to wait to join TNA?

Ole!

Status

Could be Dreamer, would be a huge swerve if it was.

RIP Bradley

Mrs. Giant

Status

Where is Jay Lethal? Didn't he used to be Hogan's right hand for a few weeks. I guess he could join, but talk about letting someone get lost in the crowd if he does. Really, the group is too big and anyone who isn't a top tier guy would get totally lost.

SheHatesMe

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

dixie carter. I have no idea why, im just throwing it out there

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

I seriously don't want any of the guys listed to join Immortal, seriously. Sorry guys.

RVD - Really? Him joining a group that almost had him killed?

Pope - He's actually getting some spotlight and doing a great job as an anti-Immortal face. Why would you want him to be just another face in the Immortal crowd?

Dreamer and Dixie - They'd just come off as stupid swerves for swerves sakes, I'm afraid.

Team 3D - Beaten the hell by Fortune, do you really think a group of wrestling élitists would want to get the belts given to the quintessential ECW tag team when they´ve got their very own Beer Money.

MCMG - Hugely over face tag team. You'd want them to lose all that leaving no one really to recuperate their place as top face tag team, no one as good as them at least? Also, that papers over the MCMG/Beer Money rivalry.

Matt Hardy - sure, he could be the inferior Hardy playing bridesmaid to his brother again, or he could come in as a face and create an impelling storyline with brother divided by Jeff's demonic deeds. A much more interesting way to develop things in my eyes.

Jay Lethal - That would gloss over the huge amount of bad blood between Lethal and Fortune.

On Vacation

Status

If I was on the TNA creative team Jeff Hardy would have never joined immortal. Jeff Hardy would have gotten screwed at the ppv and Anderson would have joined Immortal winning the championship. Anderson makes a better Heel than Jeff Hardy. He is a natural Heel and could play the heel champ very well. When ANderson turned face he had to prove to Hardy he wasn''t going to turn on him and screw him over. Well if Anderson joined Immortal he would have proved to everybody he is an asswhole and turned on Jeff. Hard would then be playing the role Anderson is playing now.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

I disagree. Hardy makes a great mysterious heel. Turning Anderson would have been way too obvious, and I don't see his goofy sense of humour which appears even when he's a heel fitting into the Fortune ethos.

On Vacation

Status

I agree Hardy does indeed make a better mysterious heel than Anderson but I think Immortal would be better if they had a heel like Anderson was at the begining of the year instead of a mysterious heel. I am not saying I don't like Hardy in Immortal because I do like the character he is playing. I just think I would like Anderson better. IMO

Mrs. Giant

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Welbek View Post
    I seriously don't want any of the guys listed to join Immortal, seriously. Sorry guys.

RVD - Really? Him joining a group that almost had him killed?

Pope - He's actually getting some spotlight and doing a great job as an anti-Immortal face. Why would you want him to be just another face in the Immortal crowd?

Dreamer and Dixie - They'd just come off as stupid swerves for swerves sakes, I'm afraid.

Team 3D - Beaten the hell by Fortune, do you really think a group of wrestling élitists would want to get the belts given to the quintessential ECW tag team when they´ve got their very own Beer Money.

MCMG - Hugely over face tag team. You'd want them to lose all that leaving no one really to recuperate their place as top face tag team, no one as good as them at least? Also, that papers over the MCMG/Beer Money rivalry.

Matt Hardy - sure, he could be the inferior Hardy playing bridesmaid to his brother again, or he could come in as a face and create an impelling storyline with brother divided by Jeff's demonic deeds. A much more interesting way to develop things in my eyes.

Jay Lethal - That would gloss over the huge amount of bad blood between Lethal and Fortune.
    You're right, very right. Your problem is that your correct assertions would assume that TNA would do something that makes sense.
    Though Dreamer and Dixie are probably the more likely candidates. And Nash. Who believes that Nash would do something standup rather than doing something for the $$$. I can see him getting close to Dixie and then turning and joining the Immortals. Hopefully, if he does, he leaves Sting in the dust.

Killing It.

Status

I disagree. Hardy makes a great mysterious heel. Turning Anderson would have been way too obvious, and I don't see his goofy sense of humour which appears even when he's a heel fitting into the Fortune ethos.
    Fully with you there Welbek, Jeff was so unpredictable, and it actually made me a Jeff fan again! He was so boring as just plain ol' face Jeff Hardy that he's been for so very long, and now he is playing his part perfect!
    Anderson wouldn't have felt right, he's too much of a comic like you stated.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Thechosenone View Post
    I agree Hardy does indeed make a better mysterious heel than Anderson but I think Immortal would be better if they had a heel like Anderson was at the begining of the year instead of a mysterious heel. I am not saying I don't like Hardy in Immortal because I do like the character he is playing. I just think I would like Anderson better. IMO
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Chosenone. Anderson's so over as a face (and it isn't that long that he turned) and I feel he deserves time as such. He's been unconvincing to me for a while as a face, ever since the Hardy tag team broke down, but this current run is great, he's able to combine being crowd-pleasing with regaining his intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Pies View Post
    You're right, very right. Your problem is that your correct assertions would assume that TNA would do something that makes sense.
    Though Dreamer and Dixie are probably the more likely candidates. And Nash. Who believes that Nash would do something standup rather than doing something for the $$$. I can see him getting close to Dixie and then turning and joining the Immortals. Hopefully, if he does, he leaves Sting in the dust.
    I don't know, Jackie, I have somewhat more faith in TNA than usual - after all, they've pulled off a long-term storyline so far for the first time in ages, and seem dedicated to making it work logically so far. Dixie's banished, Nash is out of the company and perhaps is never returning, and I hope to the heavens above that they're not stupid enough to involve Dreamer in a giant swerve. If they've got to swerve anyone EV2, let it be Stevie Richards. He could pull it off really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    Fully with you there Welbek, Jeff was so unpredictable, and it actually made me a Jeff fan again! He was so boring as just plain ol' face Jeff Hardy that he's been for so very long, and now he is playing his part perfect!
    Anderson wouldn't have felt right, he's too much of a comic like you stated.
    Exactly Kakarot, Jeff's been doing nothing for me since his tag team with Anderson dissipated into thin air. This has shown a whole new side of him and the shock of it has been the driving force of the Immortal storyline. He's so much better now than pre-swerve. And a shadowy group like Immortal certainly needs a dark enigmatic character such as him as its champ.

SheHatesMe

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

have to agree with welbeck aswell on this one. now dont get me wrong i love anderson as a heel. But it was a much better move turning jeff heel. No1 was expecting that. thats the kinda stuff tna should be doing more of if they want any chance of having a ratings war with the wwe!

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Nobody realistically should join. It's fine the way it is... However I think it could be cool if Madison and Tara joined or maybe even the Beautiful People. It could really put over the idea of a hostile take over of TNA by being able to control every aspect of TNA from the 'management' to the X, TV, KO and World title Divisions.

G.O.A.T.

Redwood Original

Status

I don't know, Jackie, I have somewhat more faith in TNA than usual - after all, they've pulled off a long-term storyline so far for the first time in ages, and seem dedicated to making it work logically so far. Dixie's banished, Nash is out of the company and perhaps is never returning, and I hope to the heavens above that they're not stupid enough to involve Dreamer in a giant swerve. If they've got to swerve anyone EV2, let it be Stevie Richards. He could pull it off really well.

Just would like to add to this... I think Raven might be a tad better choice than Stevie.. not by much, but he's had the whole by himself thing going on throughout this angle, where he's just barely there to help... And it would completely fit his character, though it might be really strange with him and the guy he fought for years for the tna world title being in the same group.

Generally though I'd prefer to see it stay how it is. don't add don't subtract.. just leave em alone and let them do their thing.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    simple logic is sometimes the hardest thing for smart people

In Defense of Capitalism.
    The Lesson Of the Pencil
    Economics of Liberty
    The Real Che
    The real Che would not like your t-shit, or Jay Z singing about him... he'd kill you for it.

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
    ~Thomas Jefferson"
    Spoiler:

Status

I'd like to see a female member. Preferably Madison as she's got the most heat right now. But then they'd look like dumbasses for bringin Mickie in to start with. Unless she was to join. That'd be a pretty cool twist actually.
    Spoiler:

Roll Tide...Because Charlie said so.

Thread Information