• Melina vs Alicia Fox (RAW)

0 0%
  • Justin Gabriel vs John Cena (RAW)

2 13.33%
  • Edge vs The Great Khali (RAW)

0 0%
  • Randy Orton vs Wade Barrett (RAW)

0 0%
  • Kelly Kelly/Naomi vs Alicia Fox/Maxine (NXT)

0 0%
  • Goldust/Aksana vs Primo/AJ Lee (NXT)

0 0%
  • R-Truth vs William Regal (Superstars)

0 0%
  • Goldust/Gail Kim vs Primo/Jillian (Superstars)

0 0%
  • Dudebusters vs Vance Archer/Curt Hawkins (Superstars)

0 0%
  • Big Show vs Luke Gallows (Superstars)

0 0%
  • Jack Swagger vs MVP (Smackdown)

1 6.67%
  • Alberto Del Rio vs Matt Hardy (Smackdown)

2 13.33%
  • Drew McIntyre vs Kaval (Smackdown)

2 13.33%
  • Dolph Ziggler/Chavo Guerrero vs Kofi Kingston/Chris Masters (Smackdown)

0 0%
  • CM Punk vs Undertaker (Smackdown)

6 40.00%

Thread: Match Of The Week 9/6 - 9/10

Tommy Got Hacked

Match Of The Week 9/6 - 9/10

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Re: Match Of The Week 9/6 - 9/10

Not far into SmackDown yet, but this is a pretty drab week at the minute. Really nthing jumping out at me.

Tommy Got Hacked

Tommy Got Hacked

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I've gone with Punk/Taker. I couldn't get into Hardy/Del Rio for some reason and the only other match I really cared about all week was Kaval/McIntyre.

Both of those matches (Punk/Taker and Kaval/McIntyre) had finishes that would normally piss me off, but I thought they were handled absolutely correctly, and the guys that lost walked out looking better than when they walked in. What edged the Punk/Taker match for me though was Taker's dedication to selling his weakened state. He made Punk look phenomenal (amusingly, given the promo earlier in the night) and looked lucky to get the win. Let me say that again...

The Undertaker looked lucky to get the win!

Seriously, when does that ever happen?

On The Radio Or Twitter..

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Best 5 Matches Of The Week:

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker - What sounded like an amazing match, came off as astounding. The two battled a fantastic match (For Free TV) and I like the one-night storyline the two produced. I was glad Big Show & Kane didn't get involved in the actual contest.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Matt Hardy - Never thought I'd say Hardy is in the top 3 matches of the week but I have to - Solely because of Alberto. Del Rio continues to be terrific in his push. Del Rio's inzigiri was clearly one of the best moves of the match.

John Cena vs. Justin Gabriel - In a truly terrific contest, Gabriel showed how much he deserves to be in the main event on Raw. I think he showed real potential as a mid-card performer and I love how he came off looking strong as he got a decent amount of arsenal over Cena. Outstanding match.

Chris Jericho vs. John Morrison - In a contest that was very important for the future of Jericho, It's fair to say that both men succeeded in putting over the importance of Jericho winning. Even though he didn't, Jericho put on a good performance & I loved the segment after the match in which Jericho sat on a box while Mathews attempted to interview him.

William Regal vs. R-Truth - In one of the entertaining bouts of the week, Regal showed how great he truly is. I liked the wrestling shown by both men and they did actually produce a really good match.

Tommy Got Hacked

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Rage View Post
    So you praise Taker selling his weakened state, and then say the finish was good because he looked lucky to get the win? He shouldn't be beating Punk clean at all if he's so weak. They kept going on about in commentary, telling us it's his first match since he was in a vegetative state, commenting that he doesn't look like the Undertaker they know, that he's clearly still weak etc. If this is the case, then Punk should be able to beat him. Punk beating him would make more sense for both men, as it would give Punk a lot of much needed credibility and make the Taker/Kane match more intriguing. I assumed they were going to use Taker's continued weakness to justify putting Kane over him, but if that happens then Punk looks AWFUL.

Just don't think there was any real need for Taker to win that considering how much emphasis was put on his weakened state by the commentators and his own selling. I love the Undertaker, but I get the feeling if that was HHH people would be furious.
    The thing is, I've accepted the fact that Punk is never gonna get a clean win over Taker, and with Punk's star having dropped so far following the epic feud with Rey, this was the best option for all involved. Punk looked great in defeat (and has never been on Taker's level, kayfabewise), it highlighted the doubt as to whether Taker will be able to take Kane at Night Of Champions (which is fair given Kane is bigger, stronger and higher on the card than Punk) and if Kane does beat Undertaker, it harms no one.

I'll be honest and say, if it were Triple H I probably would've been up in arms about it, but that's more because Trips wouldn't have sold anywhere near as well as Taker did, and simply wouldn't have made Punk look as good as Taker did.

Tommy Got Hacked

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Sounds like you only accept it because you've already accepted that Punk isn't seen as a big deal.
    No one can deny that following the Rey feud and the unfortunate injury, Punk's star has fallen and the S.E.S. as a whole has fallen victim to the current ideal that veteran stars (such as Big Show) need to be protected and made to look good, even when it isn't needed. Punk isn't even on the level he was at when he cheated to beat Taker, and even then he wasn't high enough up the card to get the clean win, believably.

Part of the reason Undertaker beat Punk, is the same reason Show continually destroys the S.E.S.

Would you at least say that a Punk victory would have helped him a lot without hurting Taker, and was therefore a missed opportunity? You say a clean win, but considering Taker's state and the way they were talking about his condition, it wouldn't really have been a clean win over Taker.
    Of course it was a missed opportunity, but look at it this way... If Punk beat Taker, then he'd have a legitimate gripe about not being the #1 Contender at Night Of Champions, and it would thrown a spanner in the works for the continuation of that feud between Taker and Kane. This way, Punk still looks great (he dominated the match) Taker still looks weakened (he was lucky to win) and Kane beating him is still believable and has no effect on Punk's reputation because Kane is bigger, stronger and has more intimate knowledge of Taker than anyone else within the 'E.

The match did everything it needed to do to make NOC interesting, to elevate Punk, and to plant seeds of doubt about Taker. I honestly don;t see the problem with the match. If it had gone the way Triple H vs. MVP did a few months back (maybe even a year now) then fair enough, I'd be shitting my pants about it, but Taker went out of his way to make Punk look phenomenal, before pulling a quick submission (just like Cena at Summerslam *ahem* ) and getting the lucky win. It was great stuff.

Tommy Got Hacked

You smell what I'm cookin

Status
      Country                    at=Austria

I went with Chris Jericho vs. John Morrison. Awesome match! Rank 2 goes to CM Punk vs. The Undertaker. Also a good match, Punk looked good in this one.
    Life sucks and then you die - Vince McMahon in May 2000

Tommy Got Hacked

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Though SD's main event had its good points, I'm somewhat disappointed at the paucity of love for Del Río/Hardy, my choice by far for the week. It was a very engaging and even match that I felt made both guys look like a million bucks, and I felt the two meshed together really well. Del Río came across as a force that was waiting to strike, whereas they sold Matt as a guy who could have ended ADR's winning streak. Great stuff.

Covered in Blood

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Cena/Gabriel but Punk/Taker is not far behind.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Fair points to be honest, particularly the part about Undertaker losing throwing a spanner in the works for Night Of Champions. Still not ideal but I can definitely see the logic in it now... although I still think it's a shame that Punk is lacking credibility to that extent. Sure Taker got lucky, but Punk should really be a bigger deal than he is and should be a guy who could give a fully fit Taker a run for his money, nevermind a weakened one. I'm not saying he should be beating Taker clean, but he should be able to beat a rusty, weakened Taker I reckon. There are good reasons why he didn't though which you've drawn my intention to.
    I'm hoping this is the start of Punk's upswing. Taking Undertaker to his limit gives Punk the necessary gusto to pull out the win over Show (or else what's the point of the match but to bury Punk?) and carry the S.E.S. on his shoulders towards another Title shot, and possible reign. I don't like that WWE have let someone who is so over and so talented, drop so far down the card (I'd place him currently just above Dolph, just) when he should be headlining week in, week out.

The only thing I would question is the comparison to the Summerslam finish. I assume it was a tongue in cheek comment anyway so I am not going to make a big deal out of it, but I'd like to point out that while Nexus as a group were supposed to be strong, that's not a case of someone who really should be on Cena's level getting beat by him. This is a case of someone who should be on Taker's level getting beaten by a weakened Taker.
    It was indeed tongue in cheek, the differences between the two finishes were far too many for me to be close to serious with that comment.

That said..... you win.

And people say I never admit defeat.
    Bow before my awesome power!!

WAKE UP

Status

Kaval tore shit up this week and the Drew match was almost absurd with how physical it was for, what, 5 minutes. Got to vote for that.

Sweet Meat

Status

How was Dudes v Gate Crashers on Superstars, to anyone who saw it.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Covered in Blood

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Kaval tore shit up this week and the Drew match was almost absurd with how physical it was for, what, 5 minutes. Got to vote for that.
    Yeah that match was really good, I just wish it could have gone longer. That suplex on the apron was awesome, I'd never seen that before.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post
    How was Dudes v Gate Crashers on Superstars, to anyone who saw it.
    Honestly, I don't really remember it... Which either means I got distracted (likely) or it was just the same match they've been having for months and need to get on with feuding with someone else (also possible).

Thread Information