Thread: Your choices to be a Pro in NXT

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Your choices to be a Pro in NXT

Aside from Goldust, season 3 is blehh & past pro's left many scratching their heads wondering wtf was WWE thinking,y'know?

most were barely past the rookie stage & many were well in the stink up the ring stage for years.

Heres a few I consider to be exactly what the part of a Pro mentoring a rookie should be.

1. Chavo Guerro

2.Edge

3. Bring back Hardcore Holly, look how he was on Tough Enough to the rookies

4.Why not Bret Hart? bring some of the Dungeons training technique to NXT

5.Dusty Rhodes
    '
    6. Ron Simmons, just for each time his rookie fcked up we'd hear

"DAMN" lol

Tommy Got Hacked

Re: Your choices to be a Pro in NXT

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Legendary Legend.

Status
      Country                    nl=Netherlands

If a season 4 comes, make all the topstars pro's.. That'll also boost the ratings!
    Guys like Cena, Edge, Jericho again, Orton, Sheamus, Mysterio and Undertaker..
    Just imagine Undertaker mentoring a guy like Percy Watson? Oh yeah!

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

I'm left scratching my head at some of the NXT pro choices - and at the idea of the season being that short, leaving no time to get to know the contestants. If we're talking about NXT3 and stick with the same 4 female pros, 2 male pros structure, I would:

- Keep Goldust and Primo. The former will provide some classic moments and is believable in the role given his lengthy experience. The latter is a charismatic guy who could do with an angle, and I'd like to see how he gets on with AJ.

- I'd keep Vickie Guerrero as well. A heat magnet, she'll push her rookie, whether heel or face.

To that list, I'd add Beth Phoenix (out injured, but could certainly do a non-wrestling role and certainly could teach any rookie the ropes), Natalya (great wrestler, part of a heritage), and Maryse.

Tommy Got Hacked

Indy Talent

Status

1 Chavo Guerrero
    2 Chris Masters
    3 Randy Orton
    4 Triple H
    5 Drew McIntyre

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Why would some of you guys have no women wrestlers as pros, in a season that is all-women? Just because they largely chose women without the necessary experience to feel legit as trainers and pros, doesn't mean that they don't have women suitable for the role.

Tommy Got Hacked

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Rage View Post
    I may be wrong, but I thought the thread starter meant who we would like to see as pros in general rather than for this specific season. If we are just talking Season 3 as it stands then Beth and Natalya are the obvious two seeing as they are the two most credible and believable as wrestling experts, then you have McCool who could be a pro again seeing as she is the most pushed and has some ability. Melina would be good too as she is hyped as one of the best. Apart from that there aren't really any women credible enough, but Vickie is a good choice due to her status as a heat magnet and as Jim said, her believable wrestling knowledge due to being with Eddie.

I think it's kind of ridiculous having the likes of the Bellas as pros when they have hardly achieved anything in the ring themselves.
    Ah, given that the thread was introduced by denigrating this season's crop of pros, I imagined that it was at least partially referring to S3. Even if he weren't, I don't see why a good pro should automatically be a bloke.

Beth and Natalya are definitely the top two and the ones who came to mind in my first response to this. Vickie's fine, given that whoever she chooses will have immense heat (if they're also a heel) or the crowd's sympathy if they're a face. I agree that Melina and McCool could go too, due to the way they're pushed largely.

If we're going general, then:

Cena, Orton, Mysterio, Sheamus, HHH - if you're going to try to give the series some prestige again, choosing one or two of these guys puts out the message that the show is worthy of your biggest guys' time. Plus, all of them would be interesting as pros in different ways.

Bret Hart - May as well use a vet in a believable situation.

Regal - He was gold in his first run, and I'd love to see him do it again. Ditto Jericho, Christian, Punk, Miz

Daniel Bryan - His long experience has been much acknowledged, plus the dramatic tension between him and another internet favourite could be interesting.

The Big Show - Long career, plus the guy's a great speaker.

Chavo - Long dynasty, great wrestler in his own right, interesting storyline implications.

Jobber

Status

If we accept that in 'theory' all pros can assist Rookies with the basics of being a WWE Superstar then personally I would like to see the Pros be assigned to a Rookie for a specific reason and a good example of that was Lay-Cool with Kaval.
    What did Kaval need to learn ? Kaval is obviously good at what he does and loved being a wrestler but he didn't seem to 'enjoy' being at work, always serious and ready for 'battle'
    Lay-Cool loosened him up and he started to look like he enjoyed being there (getting kissed by Layla helps)
    They are also champions and just being in the presence of champions is always a learning experience.

I can't say which wrestler would make a good Pro until I see the Rookie.
    So, my idea is to put Brett Hart in charge of NXT, he will choose the Rookies and assign a Pro to them.
    EG: There is a rookie who has great wrestling skills but can't get 'ruthless' when needed, put him with Regal

Brett will have a meeting with the pros and discuss what aspects the Rookie needs to work on most, have Brett checking up on their progress, doing quick interviews with the Rookies and the Pros, offering advice etc

We can watch the changes that hopefully happen, some will be up to the task some will fail

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

Well, the problem is right now that they can't keep bringing guys in, realizing that they get a reaction and that they are working, and then throwing them out the window. I would consider the idea that it would make it even more difficult if they heave top stars heading them, which is why I would use a load of them. Here are the 8 guys I would use.

William Regal - With all his technical prowess, he can be a believable mentor, even without star power.

Chris Masters - I think he would be more there to get TV time for himself, which is a bit needed. Filler.

Wade Barrett - The "I've won, I know how to make you win" role can be played by him, which is believable.

Bret Hart - Considered by some to be the greatest technical wrestler of all time, he'd be a perfect fit, while also bringing star power.

CM Punk - He would bring star power to a certain extent, and at the same time, I believe it would be really neat to see his mentor actually join SES, unlike last time.

Evan Bourne - More of a filler person, like Masters, perhaps educating a smaller person to master their craft.

John Cena/Triple H/Randy Orton - One of these three can mentor the one that WWE has the most faith in to at the start, and at the same time, bring a load of credibility to the show.

- John Cena - Having Cena be a pro would be some of the easiest booking the WWE would have to do to get someone over. With Cena on NXT and with a rookie, you're instantly going to give NXT more attention and the rookie will become more well known faster. With Cena being the Hogan of today, you have the logical storyline of the rookie turning on Cena just as nearly all of Hogan's friends turned on him at some point.

- William Regal - Regardless of his spot on the card, Regal is one of the more believable talents to train wrestlers. With his comedy skills, Regal is also able to keep the show entertaining in backstage skits.

- Goldust - Goldust is a lot like a more comedy driven version of Regal. He has the credibility by being a second generation wrestler and a veteran, but he also has the entertainment skills to keep the show fun. Goldust being paired with someone ultra serious would bring the lolz anytime.

- The Miz - Since he's already been a pro twice, it'd be best to hold off on him again for a bit, but the Miz is really perfect. Despite drastically improving since his debut, he's still thought of as the guy from MTV and Tough Enough. Putting him against a veteran of the indy/foreign scene creates interesting stories and was one of the best ideas the WWE had this year.

- The Brooklyn Brawler - Possibly the one who's been under the WWE contract the longest that competed the most. Having the be the rookie of possibly the most well known jobber of all time could be good. Brawler's rookie somehow winning NXT would be an insane moment.

- Chris Jericho - You have someone who has traveled all over the world, won numerous titles and has the extra feature of having a reputation of finding ways to cheat to win.

- Finlay - You have this amazing wrestler with so much experience, use him. Finlay can help teach his rookie to toughen up.

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Eight guys I can see being pros realistacally would have to be as follows.

> Jack Swagger: Swagger paired with another cocky, talented competitor would be pretty great. Kind of like Jericho and Barrett on the first season, they got along better than any other pairing on NXT yet, aside from Miz and Alex Riley, but there styles blended so well. Jericho talked the part and Barrett went out and got the job done. Swagger with someone who can go out and back all the trash Swagger would no doubt be talking would be nice.
    > Drew McIntyre: McIntyre + Black = Win. Others might see it unlikely as well as unusual but the way I see it McIntyre is just a larger Scotish version of Black with a bad attitude about everything. Plus Black doesn't mold to the WWE's standards, he's as far from a WWE superstar as they get cause he's like no one else in WWE really. Why not pair him with the man that the owner of the comapny said embodied his empire and was a future legend? It makes sense to me, and if it doesn't to you, I don't wanna hear about it.
    > Dolph Ziggler: I don't like Ziggler too well myself, I'm really on the fence about him, maybe if he changed his hair a little and stopped slicking it back all the time I'd take him a bit more seriously but nonetheless I can really invision Ziggler as a coach/mentor, he might not have as much knowledge to offer as some others but McMahon must see something in him to put the strap on him and have him grow as a bona fide superstar in the past year so shed a little of that on a rookie.
    > The Miz: Again. He is the Don Shula of NXT, he just belongs there, he makes it NXT even though he hasn't won in his two seasons, nonetheless that is his show! He is THE cach.
    > Zack Ryder: I think he should come back cause he didn't stand a hance with Titus O'Neill as his rookie. I think they could give him some more exposure this time around. Just like Rhodes got a lot of air time this past season compred to what he's been getting on Smackdown and so forth, Ryder could get some of that spotlight. Give him someone like Mason Ryan or Johnny Curtis who isn't gonna flunk out at the first elimination (unless they like having FCW's champions be made look like jokes). But for real, why isn't Johnny Curtis in the WWE yet? He's been in development for like 4 years now. That's ridiculous.
    > Randy Orton: The silent, all-knowing coach. I can see Orton's rookie coming down to the ring with him, showing off and jumping around, bumping Orton, getting fired up and Orton just looking at him cold and calculated like. But then after the match hopping in and giving his rookie's opponent an RKO just for beating him and making Orton look like a bad coach.
    > Ted DiBiase: Coach of... Brett DiBiase! Nah that'd almost definitely be a disaster, nonetheless I think The Million Dollar Youth could make for a very good coach. Hell, he could just buy his rookie the competion. Matt Stryker: "Why should you win the competition?" ... Rookie: "Cause my coach could purchase this television show." .. Aw that's one for the highlight reel. "Ted, you can't buy this competition!" .. "This briefcase says otherwise." Ah Ted. Too rich for a 20 something year old.
    > CM Punk: Punk should have another go as coach. He got paired with Darren Yung the first season and that just sucked because we saw very little of Punk and his rookie. I think Punk would be the ultimate coach. So focused. So determined. So strict. "Is this ibuprofen?" .. "Yeah, I was a little sore" .. GTS! "There's no pills in this dojo!". Not really but can you imagine? It'd also be cool for Punk his rookie all the way through the competition and then induct him into SES or dub his rookie as "The Next PURE Breakout Star". The proportions of that epicness. Astounding.
    If we're judging on actually capability to coach and teach the rokies though you know Goldust and William Regal are in the front of that pack! Honorable mention to Goldust and Regal also, and Kane as well, they'd all be good too but not quite as entertaining as my class.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

VOTE IN TICKET WARS VII - ROUND 2!!
    Zero vs. Ed
    Shock vs. Smooth Jazz Wolf

Dont you wish you were me

Status

I wouldnt mind seeing an all legends NXT. Those are the guys that can really teach the art of pro wrestling. Heres my list:

Ricky "the dragon" Steamboat....If he's doing ok. I havent heard anything about him since he went to the hospital. Anyone have updated info on him?

Arn Anderson: One of the greatest of all time IMO. Definetly the best to never be world champ, and he has a GREAT brain for the biz.

Dean Malenko: Who better to teach the art of pro wrestling then the man of a 1000 holds?

Lance Storm: Phenomenal athlete, and a great mind. Would be an outstanding teacher.

Macho Man Randy Savage: Like this would ever happen. But a man can dream cant he? One of the most charasmatic wrestlers of ALL TIME!

Jake "the snake" Roberts: Great ring psychologist. Perhaps the best ever. But only if he is sober.

Dusty Rhodes: You know he's available and he's one of the best talkers of all time.

Harley Race: One of the greatest world champions ever. And a legitimate tough guy. I dont know how he is doing health wise, but I would tune in to watch the King.

Tommy Got Hacked

Squash Fodder

Status

I like that topstar Pro's idea. It be great, I could see a promo of the Pro's fighting over who's rookie is the best and probably make a feud of their own. Triple H, Cena, Undertaker, Jericho, Edge, Orton and The Big Show would be my first. And if WWE does go with the idea of Unifying the WWE and WHC, these top contenders would battle it out for sure. That would be the first angle i would approve if they do combine. Good thread

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by major-tom View Post
    3. Bring back Hardcore Holly, look how he was on Tough Enough to the rookies
    He was a douchebag. Fuck Hardcore Holly and all who sail in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    If we accept that in 'theory' all pros can assist Rookies with the basics of being a WWE Superstar then personally I would like to see the Pros be assigned to a Rookie for a specific reason and a good example of that was Lay-Cool with Kaval.
    What did Kaval need to learn ? Kaval is obviously good at what he does and loved being a wrestler but he didn't seem to 'enjoy' being at work, always serious and ready for 'battle'
    Lay-Cool loosened him up and he started to look like he enjoyed being there (getting kissed by Layla helps)
    They are also champions and just being in the presence of champions is always a learning experience.

I can't say which wrestler would make a good Pro until I see the Rookie.
    So, my idea is to put Brett Hart in charge of NXT, he will choose the Rookies and assign a Pro to them.
    EG: There is a rookie who has great wrestling skills but can't get 'ruthless' when needed, put him with Regal

Brett will have a meeting with the pros and discuss what aspects the Rookie needs to work on most, have Brett checking up on their progress, doing quick interviews with the Rookies and the Pros, offering advice etc

We can watch the changes that hopefully happen, some will be up to the task some will fail
    I like that idea. It gives Hart an almost Dana White like role, but with a little more to it, it would also make the first few episodes of NXT intriguing as it would be all about matching a Rookie to a Pro, and the whole roster would be available.

Thread Information