Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189
Results 3,761 to 3,764 of 3764

Thread: Currently Playing

God's Gift to God

Status

Re: Currently Playing

Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    How did they revamp it? Like what are the differences?
    It's much more RPGish than before. And they worked on some of the annoying things like how often fielding chances were and other nuances. The big thing is you have to choose an archetype for your player and develop within that. They tried to eliminate everyone being 99 overall players. And the big thing that I hate is that LITERALLY EVERY thing you do affects your stats. If you hit a linedrive that gets caught your contact skills go down and things like that. It's very tedious and completely killed my interest in position player RTTS.

I'd recommend maybe reading other perspectives or reviews. For me the game is pretty much year after year the same thing with half ass attempts at fixing things without really solving core issues. There's still no Create A Stadium or Expansion Mode. Their bread and butter is Dynasty Mode and it's pretty apparent. Even franchise mode is still mediocre because there's nothing exciting within and the AI is still horrible with trades and free agent signings. The contract/morale system is completely broken.

If you have last year's game you're not missing anything unless you really like the sound of RTTS. If you dig the changes then give it a go. But the rest of the game is virtually identical. The menus are much improved, though, which does count for something.

Aaron Kendrick

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    It's much more RPGish than before. And they worked on some of the annoying things like how often fielding chances were and other nuances. The big thing is you have to choose an archetype for your player and develop within that. They tried to eliminate everyone being 99 overall players. And the big thing that I hate is that LITERALLY EVERY thing you do affects your stats. If you hit a linedrive that gets caught your contact skills go down and things like that. It's very tedious and completely killed my interest in position player RTTS.

I'd recommend maybe reading other perspectives or reviews. For me the game is pretty much year after year the same thing with half ass attempts at fixing things without really solving core issues. There's still no Create A Stadium or Expansion Mode. Their bread and butter is Dynasty Mode and it's pretty apparent. Even franchise mode is still mediocre because there's nothing exciting within and the AI is still horrible with trades and free agent signings. The contract/morale system is completely broken.

If you have last year's game you're not missing anything unless you really like the sound of RTTS. If you dig the changes then give it a go. But the rest of the game is virtually identical. The menus are much improved, though, which does count for something.
    one thing that really annoys me is that I actually bought the Ken griffey addition last year and I’ve still yet to even figure out how to use him. So that’s why I decided I’m sticking with RTTS. But yeah, the new system doesn’t sound very good to me. I can’t believe there’s no way to change it back to the old system, kinda like you can change the at-bar system from flicking the sticks to pressing square to swing.

People's Champion

Status

Super Mega Baseball 2 is where it's at
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    one thing that really annoys me is that I actually bought the Ken griffey addition last year and I’ve still yet to even figure out how to use him. So that’s why I decided I’m sticking with RTTS. But yeah, the new system doesn’t sound very good to me. I can’t believe there’s no way to change it back to the old system, kinda like you can change the at-bar system from flicking the sticks to pressing square to swing.
    Yeah it's disappointing. The visuals incrementally get better. Immersion stuff gets put into the game. But I'm a franchise guy. And it's impossible to play through without seeing horribly structured trades that are unrealistic and just watching teams mismanage their entire orgs. If they added a legit create a stadium and expansion mode I'd never put the game down

Thread Information