Thread: Currently Playing

Meh

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Currently Playing

Lucy - The Eternity She Wished For - PC
    Dragon Wars - Apple //e
    I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream - PC

Two classics, and one newer VN that is shear gold.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Chipping away at Horizon Zero Dawn. 30 hours in.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Chipping away at Horizon Zero Dawn. 30 hours in.
    How's your experience with it so far? I'll most likely jump on that whenever it gets a decent sale.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    How's your experience with it so far? I'll most likely jump on that whenever it gets a decent sale.
    Really good tbh. I bought the Complete Edition for £26 from Argos and more than got my money's worth, would've been happy paying £40 tbh.

God's Gift to God

Status

holy fuck UFC 3 sucks. The new combat system is so inconsistent and doesn't feel fluid at all. The career mode is hilariously bad. There's an economy to it and it's broken as fuck. You start with a bottom feeding fighter with zero stats that just gets absolutely smashed and you don't win more money unless you actually win. Which makes sense. But you can't train different aspects of your fighter unless you unlock new gyms and you can't unlock them unless you have a certain amount of cash. Goddamn this is disappointing. They literally changed the one thing that worked about the original game and left the shitty clinch and ground game shit. It's still awful with the mini-game stuff for subs and it's still not fun two years later.

I dropped extra money on the Champions edition so I hope the ultimate team shit is worth the time. Because career mode feels like ass. Even in 2 with zero replayability it was at least fun to make new characters at new weight classes. I can't see myself playing this very much in its current state. I streamed it for like 2 hours and it was just so bleh.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    holy fuck UFC 3 sucks. The new combat system is so inconsistent and doesn't feel fluid at all. The career mode is hilariously bad. There's an economy to it and it's broken as fuck. You start with a bottom feeding fighter with zero stats that just gets absolutely smashed and you don't win more money unless you actually win. Which makes sense. But you can't train different aspects of your fighter unless you unlock new gyms and you can't unlock them unless you have a certain amount of cash. Goddamn this is disappointing. They literally changed the one thing that worked about the original game and left the shitty clinch and ground game shit. It's still awful with the mini-game stuff for subs and it's still not fun two years later.

I dropped extra money on the Champions edition so I hope the ultimate team shit is worth the time. Because career mode feels like ass. Even in 2 with zero replayability it was at least fun to make new characters at new weight classes. I can't see myself playing this very much in its current state. I streamed it for like 2 hours and it was just so bleh.
    I want to be surprised but it's an EA game. I'm just disappointed because of how much you were looking forward to it. I remember enjoying the demo of the first UFC game, but only the striking - when it got to the ground I was frustrated and bored. The cash-for-career thing sounds really strange, and Ultimate Team has me wary. Is there some sort of real-money-transaction tied into any of this?
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

God's Gift to God

Status

Only in ultimate team. I didn't see a "buy career mode fighter stats" thing yet but i wouldn't be surprised if it pops up eventually. Career and training is all in game currency. They tried to emulate the real fight game where you get money for showing up and then a win bonus. And you have a limited move pool to begin with and can't unlock new moves unless you do specific things in career.

It really feels poorly done and I can't say I'm shocked either. This is the Madden effect. Change one element of the game to say it's new and leave everything else. I'm 2 years I'm sure they'll modify the grappling and then change the striking back to the old way. There was a 2 year development cycle on this and it's just disappointing so far.

And some of the fighter models are horrendous. Francis Ngannou is like 6 ft 5 and 260 lbs and he looks like a middleweight

Meh

Status

Playing through some SiN tonight, for shits and giggles. Been a while.

Going to load up Vampire : The Masquerade and Dragon Wars.

My god, Dragon Wars is like playing D&D with pinhead as the DM. Probably my favorite RPG on the Apple ][, edging out Bards Tale II by a hair.

Also probably will continue on the above mentioned VN (Lucy).

Brick Shithouse

Status

Trying to fill the big Mass Effect sized hole right now. Started playing Knights of the Old Republic but I don't think it has aged well and I struggled to get into it.

Started playing Far Cry 4 instead. Very pretty game.

H̸E̴L̷P̴ ̵M̵E̵!̸

Status
      Country                    Japan

Since I've been in the Resident Evil mood (with a RE themed MAFIA game coming up, wink wink nudge nudge) I'm playing Resident Evil 3 again. God it feels great playing it again.

Also, my fiance is playing Resident Evil 0 for the first time, and blind. She's beaten REmake and Revelations 1 & 2, and I had a friggin' blast watching her freak out.

"Why won't the rainclouds go away? They're not going away at all..."

Grim's Threads:

"she must have changed her mind or something... That's why her fingertips were all bloody, anyway."

Spoiler:

"It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be let alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests."

- H.P. Lovecraft

God's Gift to God

Status

So I THINK I'm figuring out the striking in UFC 3. I also think I diagnosed a few issues with why my guys weren't really holding their own. First of all the stamina system seems all kinds of fucky. But I either didn't have advanced transitions unlocked in order to getup after sprawling or didn't realize they were there even though I was checking for them. I stopped rolling around with guys that were taking me down and just got straight up. Their stamina plummeted and mine stayed fairly stable. So that was a BIG help. I also realized that the "Learn" option in Career is so massively mislabeled. I was wondering why you couldn't learn more moves from more than one person. I thought it was super weird. TURNS OUT that you just hit Right on the thumbstick and it takes you to the next level of training. Nowhere on the menu does it tell you this. There's nothing in the bottom left telling you to hit Right. No indication upon entering the mode that you can switch between trainers. The only indication is an arrow pointing Right that sits in the middle of the screen surrounded by a bunch of other stuff that isn't even very visible. I literally didn't see it until I accidentally moved the menu to the Right and saw that there was someone new waiting for me. Lol.

Once I started learning new moves and upping my stats I started winning. Finishing dudes left and right and DOCTOR DAMM WILL NOT BE STOPPED.

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Status
      Country                    Saint Kitts Nevis Anguilla

Playin' Doki-Doki Literature Club. God damn. Can't even...

...forever, Rebecca...forever...

H̸E̴L̷P̴ ̵M̵E̵!̸

Status

I fuckin told you it was an experience Lucha. GOTY 2017

Grim's Threads:

"she must have changed her mind or something... That's why her fingertips were all bloody, anyway."

Spoiler:

"It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be let alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests."

- H.P. Lovecraft

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Cox, if you're struggling to win just tap them out. That's what I used to do anytime I looked like I was getting beaten

God's Gift to God

Status

Lol the grappling system is ass and I hate it. I'm a striker dog

DOCTOR DAMM GETS KOs AND DOLLA BILLS YO

Meh

Status

Replaying Clannad and Katawa Shoujo because I'm a masochist.

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Status

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    Replaying Clannad and Katawa Shoujo because I'm a masochist.
    After getting through Doki-Doki Literature Club, I downloaded Katawa Shoujo again. Wanna finally finish that.

H̸E̴L̷P̴ ̵M̵E̵!̸

Status

Glad to see my VN brothers having a ball with them.

Grim's Threads:

Spoiler:

- H.P. Lovecraft

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Status

Heck yeah...just tried out Cities Skylines (because it's on Sale on Steam and you can play it for free for some days) and it surprisingly runs on my PC. Gonna get deeper into it to see, if I should finally get it...especially for that price.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Ohhh boy, yep my brother player that too and I warned him that he was in for a weird time ^^
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Thread Information