Page 178 of 180 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180 LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 3583

Thread: Currently Playing

When the black man talkin

Status

Re: Currently Playing

I decided to start playing Mass Effect for the first time. Obviously it's been very hyped so I'm looking forward to it. So far so good, enjoying the dialogue a lot, not a great deal of gameplay at the moment but it's aged quite well. I enjoyed Dragon Age and KOTOR so that bodes well.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

I decided to pick up RuneScape again. It's actually a nice AFK game to play while doing other things.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    I decided to pick up RuneScape again. It's actually a nice AFK game to play while doing other things.
    Shit I haven't played that game in years. Back in my middle school days that game was my life. I started playing it when I was about 5 or 6 too, back when it was that classic Runescape.

But it's been awhile. Last time I logged on was probably about 4 years ago, and that was only for a small stretch.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Shit I haven't played that game in years. Back in my middle school days that game was my life. I started playing it when I was about 5 or 6 too, back when it was that classic Runescape.

But it's been awhile. Last time I logged on was probably about 4 years ago, and that was only for a small stretch.

I'm in a similar boat. I started playing in the classic days, 2002 I think. I played up to 2005-2006. Then stopped. I picked it back up about 7 years ago when Dungeoneering was released and then stopped. A collegue of mine was playing it in their office one day and I decided to try it out and got hooked on it again. They changed a lot of stuff and made some nice QoL changes.

It's nice cause when I'm doing homework I just need to click every now and then to be also playing the game.

Stone Pitbull

Status
      Country                    Canada

I tried playing RuneScape in like 2004 but it wasn't for me
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I decided to start playing Mass Effect for the first time. Obviously it's been very hyped so I'm looking forward to it. So far so good, enjoying the dialogue a lot, not a great deal of gameplay at the moment but it's aged quite well. I enjoyed Dragon Age and KOTOR so that bodes well.
    I feel the opposite haha. I just started streaming it and it's so difficult for me to go back to. The combat is stiff and flat out awful and inconsistent. If you're talking the first ME then I think overtime you'll find the combat mechanics are pretty aged. Character, story and dialogue wise the game is incredible and holds up in that department. But man is it hard going back and playing that after experiencing the sweet nectar that is Mass Effect 2. Once you get to ME 2 your eyes are gonna light up and your soul will be redefined in ways you can't even fathom.

Overall I still adore ME 1 but I'm on like my 5th playthrough and it's rough. As a first time run you're probably gonna be fine depending on the types of games you play and their combat styles.

Blade Runner

Status
      Country                    Australia

I done did it. After years of wanting to, I finally done did it. Went out and got a PS3 on the cheap and got all the Metal Gear games. I played Phantom Pain a little bit, but I always wanted to play the old ones. I'm about an hour or two into MGS 1 and I'm loving it. Revolver Ocelot is just as big of a badass as I expected him to be.

YOU CAN'T ESCAPE.

PSN- DojoBF XBL- DarthTonfasands Steam- Dojo McMuscles

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SWITCHBLADE View Post
    I done did it. After years of wanting to, I finally done did it. Went out and got a PS3 on the cheap and got all the Metal Gear games. I played Phantom Pain a little bit, but I always wanted to play the old ones. I'm about an hour or two into MGS 1 and I'm loving it. Revolver Ocelot is just as big of a badass as I expected him to be.
    If there is one game I wish I could forget just to play it all again for the first time it would be MGS (all of them).

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

MGS greatest game series of all time. I remember replaying it and understanding it all. Truly special. MGS3 will stick with me forever. Have an emotional response to the series like no other.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    MGS greatest game series of all time. I remember replaying it and understanding it all. Truly special. MGS3 will stick with me forever. Have an emotional response to the series like no other.
    MGS3 is one of the finest games ever. Absolutely love it.

Dunno about greatest game series ever though. I'd be inclined towards Legend of Zelda personally. If only because MGS 2 exists.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Mario Odyssey for me! Really enjoying it. Such a pretty game and sometimes it's nice to just play something that's not complex, looks good and is family friendly.

It's my younger cousins Nintendo Switch and they got the new Zelda today too! Never played the Zelda games before which is kind of crazy but I'll give that one ago and see.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Mario Odyssey for me! Really enjoying it. Such a pretty game and sometimes it's nice to just play something that's not complex, looks good and is family friendly.

It's my younger cousins Nintendo Switch and they got the new Zelda today too! Never played the Zelda games before which is kind of crazy but I'll give that one ago and see.
    Really enjoying Mario's Odyssey - pretty sure I'm on the final level and very close to the last fight, unless they swerve me hard. Played a several-hour stretch the other day (sitting in a moving van for a lot of it) and paused just before what I think is the end, because I'm sad that my journey is coming to a close. I know I could go back and "100%" it so I have all the stickers and trinkets but I didn't really play Mario 64 (I was a Goldeneye guy) and I'm not too keen on becoming a Mario completionist at this stage of the game. After this, it's Breath of the Wild for me. Really excited for that. The last Zelda games I owned were the original and A Link to the Past.
    Last edited by The Natural; 01-16-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucha Bear
    Well...you can't have anything in life

I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

Status

God, I loved A Link To The Past. Think that was the last LoZ game I played too.

Mass Effect is really fun. Clocked about 16 hours and not bored yet, which is strange for me as a gamer these days. A bit repetitive at times in terms of locations but made up for it with amazing dialogue especially between my squad. Was really enjoying Ashley and Garrus (my favourite party member) as my go-to party members until it turned out she was a bit racist. Though she's told me why she thinks that way which was interesting.

Only person I've neglected is Kaiden, just don't care for him at all. I really like all the others. Liara seems really OP.

My favourite moment so far, and it's only a little thing- I really like Garrus as a character and trust his judgement on everything. But then did his mission with Dr Heart and Garrus really wanted him dead even though I felt it was the wrong thing to do. But I let Garrus kill him. Just a small conflict but I thought it was great.

God's Gift to God

Status

You're definitely getting the full mass effect...effect. The environments are repetitive, Ashley is a space racist (spacist?) Kaidan sucks and garrus is the goat. It's cool seeing someone play it for the first time and having similar experiences all this time after it's been out. Brings back memories :'(

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Really enjoying Mario's Odyssey - pretty sure I'm on the final level and very close to the last fight, unless they swerve me hard. Played a several-hour stretch the other day (sitting in a moving van for a lot of it) and paused just before what I think is the end, because I'm sad that my journey is coming to a close. I know I could go back and "100%" it so I have all the stickers and trinkets but I didn't really play Mario 64 (I was a Goldeneye guy) and I'm not too keen on becoming a Mario completionist at this stage of the game. After this, it's Breath of the Wild for me. Really excited for that. The last Zelda games I owned were the original and A Link to the Past.
    Glad you're enjoying it too buddy. I know that feeling man, I know I'm getting closer to the end and I don't want to finish it Haha!

Loved Mario 64 and I've pretty much played and finished every Mario game before and after that. Goldeneye! Man, so many good memories along with No Mercy and Pokemon.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    I feel the opposite haha. I just started streaming it and it's so difficult for me to go back to. The combat is stiff and flat out awful and inconsistent. If you're talking the first ME then I think overtime you'll find the combat mechanics are pretty aged. Character, story and dialogue wise the game is incredible and holds up in that department. But man is it hard going back and playing that after experiencing the sweet nectar that is Mass Effect 2. Once you get to ME 2 your eyes are gonna light up and your soul will be redefined in ways you can't even fathom.

Overall I still adore ME 1 but I'm on like my 5th playthrough and it's rough. As a first time run you're probably gonna be fine depending on the types of games you play and their combat styles.
    Agree with this. Mass Effect 1 is a fantastic game but after playing ME2 and 3 then going back to do another playthrough feels like a chore at times given the clunky combat. Thank God that you can import your character from the previous playthrough so you can breeze through it as you have the upgrades from the start. I still play through the trilogy on a regular basis. I'm currently on my first playthrough start to finish with a paragon fem-shep. I'm saving up for a PS4 so I can get ME Andromeda but I'm already aware that it doesn't stack up to the original trilogy in many ways.
    I'm still holding out hope that we'll get a TV series based on the original trilogy. I know many fans want a movie but I feel that there's too much content to fit into a movie, or a trilogy of movies. There's so much content that you could easily spread it across several series as a TV show. I'm hoping Netflix or Amazon take a chance and do it someday.

Status

Wow, Cox, I definitely can see what you mean about Mass Effect 2's gameplay. What a big improvement, and it just feels like a much sharper game. So far I'm absolutely loving it - only played a couple of hours and found Garrus again (the GOAT, was legit worried he had died).

I finished Mass Effect 1 on Tuesday and I thought it was an all round excellent game. The second installment seems like it's going to be even better.

God's Gift to God

Status

Mass Effect 2 is by far my favorite game of all time. It came out during a positive time in my life and was so close to perfection that I'll always have fond memories of it. They improved about every gripe there was in the first game tenfold and sent the franchise to a new level. It's so good. Adding the reload (seriously the overheat in ME1 was terrible), expanding the powers and improving squad control and overhauling movement and cover just made the game a blast to PLAY. The first game feels like a great movie you have to play shitty combat to access. ME2 is a thrill from beginning to end.

And yeah. Glad you got to experience garrus' reveal organically in the game. I had it spoiled by IGN or some other outlet that had a video mislabeled that showed him in the game. Still salty about that.

Enjoy 2. It's really special. 3 is really good up until the ending and virtually keeps combat the same except it added a combat roll which SOMEHOW is the greatest thing about the entire trilogy.

Booty For HOF

Status

I been replaying Final Fantasy 4 lately. Not as fun as 6 or 7, but still a favorite. Especially since it introduced me to the series. You really have to grind in this game!
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    I been replaying Final Fantasy 4 lately. Not as fun as 6 or 7, but still a favorite. Especially since it introduced me to the series. You really have to grind in this game!
    4 is wonderful. Definitely one of the best entries to the series, but behind 6, 7 and 9 in my opinion.

That difficulty spike once you get to the moon still haunts me.

Thread Information