Page 132 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 3845

Thread: Currently Playing

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: Currently Playing

Arkham Knight is legit the best game out on the current gen consoles that I've played. Such good fun soaring through Gotham, kicking ass. There is so much to do in this game from the main quest to the side quests, it's honestly a tonne of fun. Batmobile is also really good and adds a whole new dynamic to the game that it never had before. If you're on the fence about this game, don't be. It is great, full of twists and turns throughout!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    So I've finally started Metal Gear Solid (the first). I was originally gonna play it on hard asap (as I do with most non fighter/racing/sports games) but a combination of Shake and the lack of achievements playing a PSONE emulator convinced me not to do it. Nevertheless, thoughts an hour or so in.

- The soundtrack is great
    - Solid Snake's womanizing ways reminds a great deal of Shepard and Geralt
    - "Women have more hiding places than men"
    - Defeated Revolver dude, took me a few tries, even on easy, till I figured out how to do it
    - Enjoying the story too and most of the characters thus far

The downsides? Not a fan of the top down view and having to hold triangle for first person view, also it's sometimes clunky with automatically clinging to walls and what not. I think if I was playing on hard, I'd be a tad more frustrated. Fortunately this is easy and the load times are quick. When I get MGS 2 HD, I'll probably play that on a higher difficulty. Nevertheless, enjoying the game so far.

The soundtrack to MGS has always been fanfuckingtastic, every game's soundtrack is 100 percent on point. MGS2 cops a lot of shit but it's cinematic before the main menu with its main theme gets me hyped. Best theme of the series IMO. Harry Gregson Williams is awesome.

Solid Snake is better and is a bigger badass than both. Easily.

Ocelot was always tough for me due to his ricocheting bullets and his asshole tactic of trying to use Baker as a shield or make you run into the explosives. He was also annoying as fuck to get to due to the wall you need to explode being difficult to find. Trust me when I say that the other bosses are no slouches either. Glad you are enjoying the story and the characters but you've only just started... things are going to get wacky bruv.

MGS2 HD on hard is challenging for me. I refuse to do extreme or european extreme for that game because its fucking impossible.

How many guards have you killed so far, Jon?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Guess who just finished New Vegas's Dead Money DLC? THIS GUY.

... and it was godamned hard too. Like, damn, I wasn't prepared for the severe difficulty spike that arose nearly the moment I stepped into the area. So many deaths that I died. On the plus side, it's featured some of my favorite characters I've met in NV so far, and I've managed to scamper out of it with, like, 37 gold bars while trapping an old dude to die a slow, horrible death inside the vault he was aiming to crack open for a long time now. Seemed poetic enough.

Good stuff.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Dead Money is brilliant but a frustrating culture shock the first time through. You spend the whole game becoming this super awesome character with amazing weapons - then you're stripped of everything and have to play almost a survival horror version of NV. It was my least favourite NV DLC on first playthrough - now its only behind Old World Blues. Great stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Dead Money is brilliant but a frustrating culture shock the first time through. You spend the whole game becoming this super awesome character with amazing weapons - then you're stripped of everything and have to play almost a survival horror version of NV. It was my least favorite NV DLC on first playthrough - now its only behind Old World Blues. Great stuff.

Exactly. I spent so much time before the DLC ripping my way through everything with the perfect sets of armor, chems, and weapons, it was so jarring to start the DLC and have all the things I'd relied on taken away from me. I was back to square one, except square one was additionally infested with poison gas and those godamned creepy Ghost People. Oh, and bomb collars. Can't forget those. Had to conserve what little ammo and health items I found, since I had no idea where there would be more, if any. Such a different experience from the main game, and in retrospect, pretty daring and cool too.

I feel as though Dead Money, as a whole, is more appreciated after a second playthrough - you know what you're going in for, so you can adjust your skills accordingly beforehand and not be completely lost. Similarly, you won't be panicking nonstop, and you can slow down and read up on the lore and backstory - which is often the best part about Fallout.

Up next: Honest Hearts! Man, I hope I get to keep my stuff this time around.

Heel Champion

Status

I'd like everyone to know that I despise The Riddler. That guy and his stupid ass 200+ trophies needed so I can 100% the damn game. Screw you Riddler.

Still gonna 100% it though

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

I have been playing Batman Arkham Knight. I haven't gotten too far into the story, but I love it so far.

GMT Baby

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    I'd like everyone to know that I despise The Riddler. That guy and his stupid ass 200+ trophies needed so I can 100% the damn game. Screw you Riddler.

Still gonna 100% it though
    Riddler's Batmobile race courses were so much fun though!

The freaking AR Challenge where you have to get a huge combo is bugging me!

The difficulty level of this game is good, its a challenge but always feels like a manageable one.

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

I'm getting really into Cricket Captain again. They need to make more cricket games for sure. I've got Ashes fever!
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Ole!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    Riddler's Batmobile race courses were so much fun though!

The freaking AR Challenge where you have to get a huge combo is bugging me!

The difficulty level of this game is good, its a challenge but always feels like a manageable one.

You mean the 50x combo? Got that one done

Only apparently 50% through the story and about 33% of the overall game too,

GMT Baby

Status

Nice Mikk, I'm not very good at the combat on this game.

Just finished the main story, it was epic, fantastic game. Got 75% overall completion apparently, I'm not sure that I will ever be bothered to collect all 200+ Riddler Trophies, I'll probably mop up all the main side quests and be done.

Excited to start The Witcher: Wild Hunt once I decide I'm done with Arkham Knight.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    Nice Mikk, I'm not very good at the combat on this game.

Just finished the main story, it was epic, fantastic game. Got 75% overall completion apparently, I'm not sure that I will ever be bothered to collect all 200+ Riddler Trophies, I'll probably mop up all the main side quests and be done.

Excited to start The Witcher: Wild Hunt once I decide I'm done with Arkham Knight.
    Enjoy the GOAT game.

Heel Champion

Status

Arkham Knight > Witcher tbh, Jonathan.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Arkham Knight > Witcher tbh, Jonathan.
    Beyond our own personal bias (you clearly love the Arkham series and I love the Witcher series), Witcher 3 has gotten considerably better reviews than Arkham Knight, even AK's horrific PC release aside, from critics and considering MetaScore (both user and critics based), so it's not like I'm talking out of my ass. From what I could see, only VideoGamer really gave Arkham Knight a higher rating.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Witcher 3 is a legitimate greatest game ever contender. Though I am excited for Arkham Knight, I'm not going to set my expectations that high.

Heel Champion

Status

I'm just not someone who enjoys that kind of game unfortunately.

GMT Baby

Status

Well fortunately for me, I am the kind of person to enjoy a Witcher type game, so I am very excited.

Batman Arkham Knight was great, and I have nothing bad to say about it, but I think the Witcher is going to completely blow it out of the water, for me.

God's Gift to God

Status

Holy fuck was mothership zeta bad. The idea was cool and seeing something other than wasteland architecture was good. But there was nothing to it. There really wasn't any notable loot and it did nothing in the way of story. There was potential there with people from the past but they were just throw away characters in the end. I feel bad for anyone that bought this as dlc. I got it as part of the goty edition and it still made me feel like I wasted money on it. Makes me hesitant to play point lookout and broken steel now just because I'm 62 hours in and don't wanna waste more time.

Fuck.

ily

Brick Shithouse

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Holy fuck was mothership zeta bad. The idea was cool and seeing something other than wasteland architecture was good. But there was nothing to it. There really wasn't any notable loot and it did nothing in the way of story. There was potential there with people from the past but they were just throw away characters in the end. I feel bad for anyone that bought this as dlc. I got it as part of the goty edition and it still made me feel like I wasted money on it. Makes me hesitant to play point lookout and broken steel now just because I'm 62 hours in and don't wanna waste more time.

Fuck.

ily
    Terrible. Legitimately my least favourite part of any FO game ever.

God's Gift to God

Status

I can't say I've ever enjoyed any Bethesda dlc. Oblivion didn't really blow me away though I appreciated the contrast with shivering isles. And who doesn't love sheogorath. I'm only now into point lookout but zeta was terrible, operation anchorage was mediocre. Skyrims house building was cool but offered nothing expanded in the way of properly storing equipment for display. I wanted a daedra artifact wing but couldn't really do it without dropping weapons and them disappearing. Dragonborn or whatever the last big one was felt exactly the same as shivering isles to me. Although in that case I had spent 150 hours in skyrim so I might have been a tad bit burned out.

It's like they make such incredible games that the dlc just doesn't compare.

ily

Thread Information