• SummerSlam 2013

7 28.00%
Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147
Results 2,921 to 2,936 of 2936

Thread: General WWE Discussion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: General WWE Discussion

Yeah so I was just rewatching WrestleMania 21 and yikes. Eugene, Muhammad Hassan and Hulk Hogan all in one segment.

We thought Crown Jewel was bad.

On a side note, Hassan was always saying some real shit. Like all he was saying was that he was undefeated in WWE and yet he wasn't booked to compete, and clearly there's something wrong with that. But he's an evil foreigner somehow.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Yeah, well he deserved it. He dared to buy everyone a round of shots. Piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Yeah so I was just rewatching WrestleMania 21 and yikes. Eugene, Muhammad Hassan and Hulk Hogan all in one segment.

On a side note, Hassan was always saying some real shit. Like all he was saying was that he was undefeated in WWE and yet he wasn't booked to compete, and clearly there's something wrong with that. But he's an evil foreigner somehow.
    Hassan is one of the most overrated acts in WWE history, especially with online fans. I can't think of a standout match and other than technically being an American working a foreign heel gimmick, nothing about his gimmick or what he said was actually unique. Yet, for years I kept hearing people wish Hassan would come up and mentioning him for people the WWE dropped the ball on. Hassan may have received a major push, that's undeniable, but all of these years later, I can't find a single notable thing about him.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Hassan was a terrible terrible wrestler. His match with Lawler is probably the worst ppv match of 2005 (a year with plenty of stinkers) and I refuse to put that on Lawler. His match with Benoit on Raw in Feb/Mar was the worst Benoit match I've seen.

He was an ok talker but nothing amazing.

As for his gimmick the whole "I'm hated because I'm Muslim" was interesting for a few weeks but after the Lawler feud it was turned into a far more generic anti-American heel that we had seen thousands of times before. People think it was some revolutionary gimmick but the interesting bits were dropped very very quickly.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hassan is one of the most overrated acts in WWE history, especially with online fans. I can't think of a standout match and other than technically being an American working a foreign heel gimmick, nothing about his gimmick or what he said was actually unique. Yet, for years I kept hearing people wish Hassan would come up and mentioning him for people the WWE dropped the ball on. Hassan may have received a major push, that's undeniable, but all of these years later, I can't find a single notable thing about him.
    Just to be clear I'm not caping for Hassan, saying he was a wasted talent or anything of that nature at all. Just commenting first on how much of a PR nightmare that segment would be in 2019, and also pointing out that he, like most oppressed minority heel characters actually made a lot of valid points in his promos.

I can remember back in 2004/2005 thinking they were extra behind him and in my young mind at that time I honestly perceived him as a main eventer. Looking back... yeah, obviously no reason to buy into him. He kind of fits the bill of people like Ludvig Borga or Vladimir Kozlov who got elevated seemingly just to be vanquished by whoever the top face was at the moment.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

He's a foreigner, therefore he's evil. Good Ol' 80's sterotypes.

I actually quite liked Hassan and thought he had some potential. He wasn't a world class talent but he could cut a decent promo. I reckon a lot of the overhype comes down to the fact that his push was dropped due to circumstances out of his control. So unlike guys like Carlito, MVP & Kennedy where we could see that they may never have actually lived up to their potential, with Hassan we will never know.

He kind of fits the bill of people like Ludvig Borga or Vladimir Kozlov who got elevated seemingly just to be vanquished by whoever the top face was at the moment.
    Borga was unlike pretty much anyone else in WWE history. First of all, an evil foreigner...from Finland? Has America and Finland ever had any problems with each other? That alone is so weird since even if there had been some tension between the countries, who even knew about it? Then thanks to the injury that kept him off of TV prior to leaving the WWE, he was only pinned once on WWE TV and that was just the Survivor Series 1993. This utter weirdness is what makes Borga's super short run with the WWE so interesting to me.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Borga was unlike pretty much anyone else in WWE history. First of all, an evil foreigner...from Finland? Has America and Finland ever had any problems with each other? That alone is so weird since even if there had been some tension between the countries, who even knew about it? Then thanks to the injury that kept him off of TV prior to leaving the WWE, he was only pinned once on WWE TV and that was just the Survivor Series 1993. This utter weirdness is what makes Borga's super short run with the WWE so interesting to me.
    Come to think of it, I've never quite understood evil French heels since France has historically been America's longest ally.

Still being French is more than enough reason to be a heel, I think.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status

Honestly I'm pretty sure most would consider Umaga an evil foreigner and being that his family is from the American Samoa, is he even technically foreign? I guess he was billed as being from the Isle of Samoa, as in the independent country of Samoa, but it's still kind of funny that a foreign menace can be from literally anywhere, even a territory of the United States.

God's Gift to God

Status

Honestly I'm pretty sure most would consider Umaga an evil foreigner and being that his family is from the American Samoa, is he even technically foreign? I guess he was billed as being from the Isle of Samoa, as in the independent country of Samoa, but it's still kind of funny that a foreign menace can be from literally anywhere, even a territory of the United States.
    I think most people from Philly are from a whole different planet so I've always considered them mega heels

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Even Canadians are sometimes foreign heels hating on America. Recent example would be Kevin Owens and his Face of America Gimmick.

I wouldn't count Umaga as an evil foreigner. He was just your standard Samoan savage. Off of the top of my head, I can't recall any time that the Samoans would feud against a major babyface with America being brought up. I imagine that's the main reason why Yokozuna was brought in as a Japanese wrestler and not the original plan of the third Headshrinker. It may have been half of a century, but Japan had had ties of being an enemy of America, but Samoa? Eh.

Status

Saw this on reddit source: jimsta28

Pretty cool chart of title changes in 2018. Not as many changes as I thought there would be.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

That's a cool chart, wish they'd do more with the tag divisions but I fear I'm hoping for something which is never going to happen.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Interesting how we could very easily have a women's main event at WrestleMania this year, but a tag team title match would be ridiculous. Bring on a tag revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status

I just don't get why WWE couldn't get a single male tag team title going. Make the division meaningful. I think at this point the women should have a main event title secondary title, and tag team division. I get they have the brand split, but I'd rather just have whoever is writing Smackdown write both shows, and come up with new interesting things every week.

Thread Information