Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495
Results 1,881 to 1,883 of 1883

Thread: Managerial Comings & Goings

Status

Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

I'm sure its just paper talk, but read that Mourinho was also in the running but was poo-poo'd by Ramos and Benzema. Apparently Mourinho's plan was brining in 4 of the biggest name players from the Prem - Van Dijk, Kane, etc.

Not convinced that Zidane was playing 4D chess and KNEW that his replacement and his replacements replacement would falter so badly that he would get to come back so soon... but it did work out for him. Eriksen is apparently the first player he wants, and Hazard seems almost a given at this point. Start to be a decent amount of chatter about Mbappe which would be amazing and really fucking expensive.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Doubting El Dandy

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I'm sure its just paper talk, but read that Mourinho was also in the running but was poo-poo'd by Ramos and Benzema. Apparently Mourinho's plan was brining in 4 of the biggest name players from the Prem - Van Dijk, Kane, etc.

Not convinced that Zidane was playing 4D chess and KNEW that his replacement and his replacements replacement would falter so badly that he would get to come back so soon... but it did work out for him. Eriksen is apparently the first player he wants, and Hazard seems almost a given at this point. Start to be a decent amount of chatter about Mbappe which would be amazing and really fucking expensive.
    I don't think Zidane saw it all laid out in advance, but I do think he saw that there was only one direction the club was going with that playing squad, no Ronaldo, and after 3 successive Champions Leagues. Especially given the rumours of issues behind the scenes, he was smart to get out when he did for sure. Then when it became clear there was an opportunity to return after the wheels had fallen off under someone else's control (and with far more control than he had before) it's kind of a no lose situation.

I don't see Mbappe leaving PSG this summer. The amount they'd demand for him would be ridiculous, and they don't need the money. I think it's more likely Neymar goes to set Mbappe up as the king. But Real aren't going to spend the 200m+ it'd take to get Mbappe when there are so many issues that need plugging, and 500m being spent on renovating the stadium.

Hazard will be an interesting one given the transfer ban. If Chelsea are banned from signing a replacement, there's no financial incentive to selling him. Of course, he could completely down tools, but it's not outside the realms of possibility that Chelsea flat out refuse to let him go.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Keefmoon View Post
    I don't think Zidane saw it all laid out in advance, but I do think he saw that there was only one direction the club was going with that playing squad, no Ronaldo, and after 3 successive Champions Leagues. Especially given the rumours of issues behind the scenes, he was smart to get out when he did for sure. Then when it became clear there was an opportunity to return after the wheels had fallen off under someone else's control (and with far more control than he had before) it's kind of a no lose situation.

I don't see Mbappe leaving PSG this summer. The amount they'd demand for him would be ridiculous, and they don't need the money. I think it's more likely Neymar goes to set Mbappe up as the king. But Real aren't going to spend the 200m+ it'd take to get Mbappe when there are so many issues that need plugging, and 500m being spent on renovating the stadium.

Hazard will be an interesting one given the transfer ban. If Chelsea are banned from signing a replacement, there's no financial incentive to selling him. Of course, he could completely down tools, but it's not outside the realms of possibility that Chelsea flat out refuse to let him go.
    Yeah, same. He saw a rebuild was needed and that it wasn't going to happen in a way he thought it needed to, so he said fuck it. As I heard someone point out on a podcast, simply going to the board of Real Madrid and demanding change wouldn't have gotten him anywhere.

PSG are definitely not going to want to lose Mbappe, and i don't get the impression he's the "go on strike" type. Neymar would probably be more realistic, although he would cost another world record fee. Just think they would regard him as a bit less of an asset than Mbappe at this point... but Madrid might see it the same.

Yeah, the ban will make for an interesting dynamic. The big equalizer will be Hazard's contract. If he wants to go and Chelsea refuses to sell, they could lose him for free in the summer of 2020. That would be doubling down on the questionable decisions of Arsenal in the last few years, considering that it wouldn't be 20 or 30m they would be turning down, but something more like 100m.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Thread Information