Status

Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

Our takeover is complete so hopefully new manager incoming

RIP Bradley

[Infinite Warfare]

Status
      Country                    UK

Clubs not fucking around and getting their affairs in place pre-WC. I approve.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

SAY MY NAME

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    The big problem with Sam is that he's an arrogant arsehole who constantly slags off anyone who speaks against him. Everton were 13th when he took over and they limped into 8th. Bear in mind they only finished a few points above us, and the difference between Everton's squad and all the teams from 10th downwards is huge. To not show any signs of improvement even after safety was assured was just Sam being Sam.
    I agree with him being arrogant and having his limits as a manager but just to play devils advocate, Everton being 13th and limping to 8th is one way to present the job he did. Another way to present it is they were in a relegation battle when he took over in November and they were safe by about February. They finished 5 points above Newcastle, which is the same gap between them and 7th place which was Europe and their regular position in the league. I understand the hate for him, but he did the job he was brought in for. Everton were a shambles before he came in, he steadied the ship and now they've made the right call to say someone else needs to take us forward next season. It's nice to know that (currently) Big Sam, Pardew and Pulis won't be apart of the premier league next season.

Everton's biggest problem last year was losing Lukaku, hard to replace someone like that.

WENGER OUT!

Status

Manuel Pellegrini is the new West Ham manager. Great appointment. Good to see him back in the PL.

WENGER OUT!

Status

It’s official. Unai Emery is the new Arsenal manager. A new era. Welcome Unai Emery. Very happy with this appointment, wishing him all the best. I think it’s a three year contract. We wanted change so finally we’ve got it. Arsene and Arsenal, Emery and Emirates Stadium. Seeing someone other than Arsene Wenger managing Arsenal is going to take some time getting used to. The fans must be patient and give Emery time to rebuild as instant success won’t happen with our current squad.

Next season is transition for me as there’s lots of work to do. Hope Emery gets the best out of our squad. Hopefully good times are ahead. Excited to see what changes Emery brings and now I'm looking forward to next season.

People's Champion

Status

So looks like Carlo Ancelotti is on the verge of becoming the new Napoli boss.

Which means it is certainly going to see Maurizio Sarri take up the helm at Chelsea at the expense of Antonio Conte.

Mixed views on the whole saga to be honest. On one hand Conte has not done much wrong. The club continuing to overlook his targets for their own list has been the catalyst for the whole affair but I'm also unhappy with things Conte has done since we won the title. I.e texting Costa, outcasting Luiz and forcing the team to play defensively to prove a point.

If Sarri is brought in I hope he goes after a couple of the Napoli players in Jorginho & Koulibaly. A switch to a more conventional back four seems inevitable.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Carlo confirmed at Napoli, let the revolving door begin.

Sunderland have gone for the St Mirren boss, what a strange move that is for them....i'm sure our resident Mackem has something to say about that.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Ole!

Status

I'm all for it, apparently has a very good record, plays attacking football and was Manager of the Year in Scotland so i've got no issues at all.

Very much enjoying our new owners first few days in charge, been on a fan podcast, got rid of Martin Bain and is not messing around in getting a manager in place.

RIP Bradley

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Martin Bain

Also, Jack Ross is a good choice for a League One side. He did well at St Mirren. Him winning Manager of the Year is a massive joke though.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    So looks like Carlo Ancelotti is on the verge of becoming the new Napoli boss.

Which means it is certainly going to see Maurizio Sarri take up the helm at Chelsea at the expense of Antonio Conte.

Mixed views on the whole saga to be honest. On one hand Conte has not done much wrong. The club continuing to overlook his targets for their own list has been the catalyst for the whole affair but I'm also unhappy with things Conte has done since we won the title. I.e texting Costa, outcasting Luiz and forcing the team to play defensively to prove a point.

If Sarri is brought in I hope he goes after a couple of the Napoli players in Jorginho & Koulibaly. A switch to a more conventional back four seems inevitable.
    I'd be surprised if Chelsea splashed out for Koulibaly, given their reluctance to spend a lot of money at the moment. I'd imagine it's more like that guys like Loftus-Cheek come in to the squad and the new manager has to work with them. Otherwise, what's the point of that whole system, even when it's proven to work with a guy like Christensen?

Rumour has it that Zenit are breaking their balls to get Sarri in. That doesn't look like an overly appealing option (money aside), but going to Chelsea, with Europa League football, small budgets, fair amount of deadwood, no patience, a squad that is known to down tools if they aren't happy, and in a highly-competitive league with a runaway winner, might also have limited appeal as well.

Have to say, though, so far I've been mildly impressed with the managerial appointments in the Prem. If Chelsea do get Sarri it'll certainly make for an interesting season.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by keefmoon View Post
    I'd be surprised if Chelsea splashed out for Koulibaly, given their reluctance to spend a lot of money at the moment. I'd imagine it's more like that guys like Loftus-Cheek come in to the squad and the new manager has to work with them. Otherwise, what's the point of that whole system, even when it's proven to work with a guy like Christensen?

Rumour has it that Zenit are breaking their balls to get Sarri in. That doesn't look like an overly appealing option (money aside), but going to Chelsea, with Europa League football, small budgets, fair amount of deadwood, no patience, a squad that is known to down tools if they aren't happy, and in a highly-competitive league with a runaway winner, might also have limited appeal as well.

Have to say, though, so far I've been mildly impressed with the managerial appointments in the Prem. If Chelsea do get Sarri it'll certainly make for an interesting season.
    I can realistically see 6 or 7 players going.

Luiz, Drinkwater, Pedro, Willian and Moses or Zappacosta look certain along with Morata or Batshuayi.

If we are going 4 at the back there is no need for two RWBs when we have Azpilicueta who will be first choice RB.

Then there is the situations with Hazard and Courtois. I'm certain Hazard will stay but Courtois I'm not so sure of. If he doesn't sign a contract we need to ship him out.

Of the rest I think Marcos Alonso could be sold IF he gets a big offer and IF he doesn't fit into the new manager's system.

Going to be a revolving door for us I think. As for the youth products I'm open to having Christensen, Loftus-Cheek and maybe even Hudson-Odoi as youth players in the squad moving forward but we will need to bring in two or three players that can start in our first XI.

If Sarri is the new manager it will be 4-3-3 and I think Fabregas, Kante, Bakayoko, Loftus-Cheek and one other (Jorginho/Seri) will be sufficient for us moving forward.

The Million Dollar Man

Status
      Country                    Italy

Apparently De Laurentiis - Napoli's boss - has been holding back a bit in the last few years, but he's ready to go all-out now that he has signed Ancelotti. Don't expect Koulibaly to go anywhere. Jorginho and Hamsik might leave though.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    I can realistically see 6 or 7 players going.

Luiz, Drinkwater, Pedro, Willian and Moses or Zappacosta look certain along with Morata or Batshuayi.

If we are going 4 at the back there is no need for two RWBs when we have Azpilicueta who will be first choice RB.

Then there is the situations with Hazard and Courtois. I'm certain Hazard will stay but Courtois I'm not so sure of. If he doesn't sign a contract we need to ship him out.

Of the rest I think Marcos Alonso could be sold IF he gets a big offer and IF he doesn't fit into the new manager's system.

Going to be a revolving door for us I think. As for the youth products I'm open to having Christensen, Loftus-Cheek and maybe even Hudson-Odoi as youth players in the squad moving forward but we will need to bring in two or three players that can start in our first XI.

If Sarri is the new manager it will be 4-3-3 and I think Fabregas, Kante, Bakayoko, Loftus-Cheek and one other (Jorginho/Seri) will be sufficient for us moving forward.
    Heard Mason Mount had a great year out on loan in Holland as well.

Your list of players leaving shows what a disappointing couple of years it's been in the transfer market for you guys. But, hey, at least it should bring a bit of money in to fund replacements.

If you do get Sarri in and make a decent few signings, then that versus Man Utd's spending versus Arsenal's new manager versus Liverpool's likely improvement under Klopp versus Spurs' likely improvement under Poch versus City's dominance makes next season look pretty exciting already...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by keefmoon View Post
    Heard Mason Mount had a great year out on loan in Holland as well.

Your list of players leaving shows what a disappointing couple of years it's been in the transfer market for you guys. But, hey, at least it should bring a bit of money in to fund replacements.

If you do get Sarri in and make a decent few signings, then that versus Man Utd's spending versus Arsenal's new manager versus Liverpool's likely improvement under Klopp versus Spurs' likely improvement under Poch versus City's dominance makes next season look pretty exciting already...
    Mount was good for Vitesse this year. But Chelsea don't seem to care too much on that. Almost every year for the past 4 or 5, a Chelsea youngster has looked REALLY GOOD with the Vitas, and they never get a chance.

Sarri to Chelsea would be interesting. In a lot of ways. To go from a relatively low spending Italian club who developed talent and had great squad harmony to an English club that has pretty much ignored its own young to spend instead, and now seems to be avoiding spending, and also seems to have a relatively toxic squad environment.... that's quite the switch for Sarri. I follow Russian football quite close and Sarri to Zenit would also be quite interesting. They underachieved BADLY this season.

As for Emery to Arsenal.... I am pretty comfortable with the hire. Its not exciting, its not sexy, its not likely going to win us a title in the next season or two... but the risk is definitely lower. What he does well are areas where the squad need to improve on. The optics of going from almost hiring Arteta to then hiring Emery might look odd.... but its not clear yet how close they actually were on Arteta and how much was just media rumors. I was quite impressed with his first conference, both doing int in English and what he had to say. He has my full support.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Mount was good for Vitesse this year. But Chelsea don't seem to care too much on that. Almost every year for the past 4 or 5, a Chelsea youngster has looked REALLY GOOD with the Vitas, and they never get a chance.

Sarri to Chelsea would be interesting. In a lot of ways. To go from a relatively low spending Italian club who developed talent and had great squad harmony to an English club that has pretty much ignored its own young to spend instead, and now seems to be avoiding spending, and also seems to have a relatively toxic squad environment.... that's quite the switch for Sarri. I follow Russian football quite close and Sarri to Zenit would also be quite interesting. They underachieved BADLY this season.

As for Emery to Arsenal.... I am pretty comfortable with the hire. Its not exciting, its not sexy, its not likely going to win us a title in the next season or two... but the risk is definitely lower. What he does well are areas where the squad need to improve on. The optics of going from almost hiring Arteta to then hiring Emery might look odd.... but its not clear yet how close they actually were on Arteta and how much was just media rumors. I was quite impressed with his first conference, both doing int in English and what he had to say. He has my full support.

I think Mount would benefit from a loan in England next season. He's definitely talented enough and could end up being a Loftus-Cheek, or could end up like Lewis Baker and become Championship standard, or even end up like Dominic Solanke and find his place at another Premier League club.

Looking at the loan players from this year I could only see RLC, Batshuayi and possibly Zouma getting a look in, Although I do like Kenedy and he shone at Newcastle.

Thread Information