Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    By "they", you mean Chelsea?
    Nope you guys...Chelski want the guy from Naples
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Nope you guys...Chelski want the guy from Naples
    While I won't be surprised if Allegri leaves Juventus, I don't know really would be a target for Arsenal. And I'm not sure how much they would interest him. Apparently part of the issue at Juventus is that the club doesn't spend (Higuain aside) and that would probably be a similar limitation at Arsenal. He's not a stylistic fit and Arsenal are not at all set up to play the style Allegri seems to like.

I'm certainly not against it. Hiring a defensive minded manager might be the fastest way to get some balance in the side, and it shouldn't require an offensive genius to get an attack with Lacazette, Auba, and Ozil firing (even if Wenger rarely seems to manage it anymore).

I honestly haven't given that much consideration to Allegri as I just didn't see him as very likely. On both sides.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Why would West Brom be looking at Dean Smith given the job Moore has done?

GMT Baby

Status

While I won't be surprised if Allegri leaves Juventus, I don't know really would be a target for Arsenal. And I'm not sure how much they would interest him. Apparently part of the issue at Juventus is that the club doesn't spend (Higuain aside) and that would probably be a similar limitation at Arsenal. He's not a stylistic fit and Arsenal are not at all set up to play the style Allegri seems to like.

I'm certainly not against it. Hiring a defensive minded manager might be the fastest way to get some balance in the side, and it shouldn't require an offensive genius to get an attack with Lacazette, Auba, and Ozil firing (even if Wenger rarely seems to manage it anymore).

I honestly haven't given that much consideration to Allegri as I just didn't see him as very likely. On both sides.
    I've read that its more to do with Juventus being too good for the Italian domestic competition but not good enough to win the Champions League.

Four Serie A + Coppa Italia doubles in a row, but same old problems in the Champions League. You'd think that would be a good challenge, to keep up the quality domestically whilst finding a way to get it over the line in Europe.

Apparently he is keen on a move to England, so Arsenal does seem the most obvious fit if Chelsea aren't interested.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Big Sam sacked by Everton.

Internet Favorite

Status

Yeah Big Sam is gone and Moyes has left West Ham. They both lasted 6 months. Not a fan of Big Sam but the fans didn’t like his style of football and they wanted him out.

Instead of going for Marco Silva who might not last long, Everton should bring back Moyes. Big Sam will end up with another PL job soon but he should go to the Championship(maybe manage Stoke or Swansea) to build his rep back up to get back to the PL.

Surprised to see Moyes go. If he doesn’t get the Everton job, then he could replace Puel at Leicester.

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Great news. I'm delighted Moyes was gone, was never behind him, I don't rate him and I don't even like him as a personality. Hopefully we get someone I can get behind for next year. We were shit this year. COYI

Internet Favorite

Status

Go to a meeting in work...come out and read two managers are gone...expected one of them to stay ah well.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

David Moyes still has a year to run on his Man Utd contract

Status

West Ham going after Rafa, according to Sky sports.

Internet Favorite

Status

West Ham going after Rafa, according to Sky sports.
    Poor Rafa potentially going from Ashley to Gold & Sullivan

Rusev Day

Status

I don't see why Rafa would make a sideways move at best to West Ham. He'll get bigger job offers no doubt.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

MACHKA

Status

Rafa stuff has to be bull. He's not improving himself in the slightest moving to West Ham.

That said - I'd snap him up if he wanted to come.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Local reports suggest Darren Moore WILL be given the Albion job permanently which is a relief.

Status

Bravo Albion. He earned it. Hopefully he can continue on with the good work and you guys bounce back within a season or two.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Unbelievable that a team would sack a manager after taking them from the relegation zone to 8th
    I totally get that Everton want to be playing a better style of football though. Sam isn't the man for flashy football so it's an understandable move in that respect. Be interesting to see who comes in there. there seems to be concerns over Marco Silva not being a long term option due to his temperament. I wonder if he'd be different if the job was right though? Everton have the potential to be pushing for Europe in terms of league position, perhaps that would entice him to stay on longer.
    The other option though is the obvious; Moysey. Going back to a previous club doesn't always work out but I think Moyes could work with the squad that's available at Everton plus bringing in a few new players on top.

West Ham never backed Moyes so never expected him to stay on. Not sure why as he's a stable choice for a club who seemingly can't decide what they want. I think he could have built on this season with some funds to spend int he summer.

Who said Puel should be replaced at Leicester?! He's done a decent enough job and stabalised the ship after the tough time directly after Ranieri and during Shakespere's reign. Took over with them in 18th and took them to 9th place. Not bad, and would be very harsh to replace him I think. With some funds to build the squad they could push for European places again.

Mikel Arteta is the favourite for the Arsenal job I see. Everyone speaks very highly of him as a coach but it is a risk to appoint someone with no managerial experience for such a high profile job. Question is; is it a risk worth taking? Apparently he's only getting £50m to spend in the summer though. Not sure if that's the set budget for whichever manager comes in but that's not a lot to play with, though you have to assume that there will be a big squad overhaul int he summer at Arsenal with several, dead weight players leaving to generate more funds on top.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Unbelievable that a team would sack a manager after taking them from the relegation zone to 8th
    I totally get that Everton want to be playing a better style of football though. Sam isn't the man for flashy football so it's an understandable move in that respect. Be interesting to see who comes in there. there seems to be concerns over Marco Silva not being a long term option due to his temperament. I wonder if he'd be different if the job was right though? Everton have the potential to be pushing for Europe in terms of league position, perhaps that would entice him to stay on longer.
    The other option though is the obvious; Moysey. Going back to a previous club doesn't always work out but I think Moyes could work with the squad that's available at Everton plus bringing in a few new players on top.
    The big problem with Sam is that he's an arrogant arsehole who constantly slags off anyone who speaks against him. Everton were 13th when he took over and they limped into 8th. Bear in mind they only finished a few points above us, and the difference between Everton's squad and all the teams from 10th downwards is huge. To not show any signs of improvement even after safety was assured was just Sam being Sam.

He burned his bridges with the Everton fans so his position was untenable. Did the same thing with us too.

Then there's the fact that he has never been successful at getting a club into European contention outside of Bolton 15 years ago. He wasn't a good fit for Everton at all.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    The big problem with Sam is that he's an arrogant arsehole who constantly slags off anyone who speaks against him. Everton were 13th when he took over and they limped into 8th. Bear in mind they only finished a few points above us, and the difference between Everton's squad and all the teams from 10th downwards is huge. To not show any signs of improvement even after safety was assured was just Sam being Sam.

He burned his bridges with the Everton fans so his position was untenable. Did the same thing with us too.

Then there's the fact that he has never been successful at getting a club into European contention outside of Bolton 15 years ago. He wasn't a good fit for Everton at all.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Yeah see what you're saying, and I agree. Getting rid of him is the right choice, was just breaking it down t the bare bones of a manager coming 8th and then getting sacked.

But you're right, Sam has not had any great success since his Bolton days. He's pretty much exclusively the go-to guy when a team is looking to avoid relegation now. Nothing more IMO.

MACHKA

Status

I kinda like Sam as a manager but I agree that he doesn't fit the Everton mould (as much as I hate that as a philosophy).

In saying that some teams need to learn that by finishing 8th or 12th or even 17th that it IS a big achievement (club depending). Stoke, for example, finished 9th like 3 seasons in a row recently. One could argue that was an over achievement and I know they were in a poor position when Sparky got sacked but on Stoke forums people were calling for his head last year because they finished 13th - I just don't know where they're getting off, they're Stoke, 13th isn't a huge disappointment. Went on to go down this year. I think there's a trend emerging of teams overachieving for a few years and then when they come back down towards reality there's an implosion. Could happen to Burnley over the next season or two.

@Shock - any news your end about Rafa

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Darren Moore in while Swansea and stoke sack their managers. Busy day.

Thread Information