I can't quite believe it
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

SAY MY NAME

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

Not as WTF as fergie going, but it’s going to be weird to watch a non-Wenger Arsenal next season. Hope they win the Europa so he goes out on a high.

Show Off

Status

End of an era, a legend of football.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

[Infinite Warfare]

Status
      Country                    UK

Shame he's not going out the same way Fergie did. A Europa Cup win would ease the pain at least.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Status

I never thought the day would come. Eternally grateful for everything he has done for the club. Quite aware of what the club is losing. But the club has undeniably declined and he clearly does not have any ways to move past the repeated deficiencies. He should be admired for so many reasons and we will never see another manager quite like him.

Underdog

Status
      Country                    France

Full of admiration for Arsene Wenger. Revolutionised football. Arguably, you could say that because of him, the Premier League became what it became. He despised the money side of the game, even though he created it through entertaining teams and incredible matches that made the PL the most must see league in the world.

Even if he has failed to beat my team....Rotherham United!!!

OptaJoeVerified account @OptaJoe 7h7 hours ago

124 - Arsene Wenger has faced 124 different opponents as manager of Arsenal, but has only failed to beat 5 of those teams: Fiorentina (P2 W0 D1 L1)PAOK Salonika (P2 W0 D1 L1)Paris Saint-Germain (P2 W0 D2 L0)Port Vale (P2 W0 D2 L0)Rotherham United (P1 W0 D1 L0)Collection

Conquering the Land of the Giants - A WWF 1993 BTB

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Last manager of the generation where they were kept longer than 3 years haha. Look forward to see who Arsenal target now, will it be a bigger name, or will it be an obscure pick like Wenger was?
    I have a plan so cunning......

WENGER OUT!

Status

Relief, sad and excited at the same time. This feels surreal but this is the right decision for Arsene Wenger to step aside. This really came out of the blue. The end of an era, almost 22 years as Arsenal manager. I wanted this but sad at the same time. He’s still my all time fave manager.

Feel bad now for being Wenger out for so many years. Wenger should have gone years ago. A good 10 years overdue. Sadly he tarnished his legacy. The club has been going backwards. He was great for his first 10 years. Results over the last few years haven't been good enough, so many frustrating seasons so change was needed. Such a shame he had to leave after his worst season ever.

I started supporting Arsenal since 1993-94 when George Graham was our manager. Wenger is the best manager in our history. Revolutionised the game, developed some brilliant players. The man is a legend and respect for everything he’s done for the club. We had some great seasons under him. 3 PL titles, the invincibles season, 7 FA Cups.

Disappointing that we didn’t win the CL final against Barca and Wenger never won the League Cup. If only the team had let him go out with one final PL title but winning the Europa League will do. Now looking forward to our remaining games of the season. We need to win the Europa League to let Wenger go out on a high so we can give him the great send off that he deserves. Thank you Arsene Wenger for the memories.

Excited to see who comes in next. We need a proven successful manager. Hopefully it’s not Brendan Rodgers or Eddie Howe. Wouldn’t mind if it’s any of the following: Allegri, Ancelotti, Simeone, Tucchel or Conte. Jardim, Enrique or Zidane could be interesting choices. Hope we don’t go through difficult times like Man Utd did when Fergie left. Let’s hope for a great future for Arsenal under the new manager.

Certified G

Status

A couple of years too late really, he really should have left after winning the FA Cup in 2014.

I don't think it'll be all sunshine and roses for Arsenal either, there's still a good chunk of work to be done on that squad as it's really top-heavy and unbalanced in nearly every other position on the pitch. It's not going to be easy to catch up to City, United, Liverpool or Spurs next season, probably Chelsea too depending if they get their heads out of their asses.

Think Jardim's the perfect choice for them though.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkman View Post
    A couple of years too late really, he really should have left after winning the FA Cup in 2014.

I don't think it'll be all sunshine and roses for Arsenal either, there's still a good chunk of work to be done on that squad as it's really top-heavy and unbalanced in nearly every other position on the pitch. It's not going to be easy to catch up to City, United, Liverpool or Spurs next season, probably Chelsea too depending if they get their heads out of their asses.

Think Jardim's the perfect choice for them though.
    the bolded is the part where the next manager can make such a difference, potentially. There are just so many unknowns. The sad reality is that almost every management aspect that Wenger once excelled at slowly became a weakness - youth development, man management, fitness management, transfers and tactics. That makes it hard to know how much of some of this squad's struggles are down to the individual players and how much is down to Wenger's failings. Realistically, its somewhere in the the middle.

Since Wenger decided he wouldn't have a genuine defensive-minded midfielder anymore, Koscielny has really been the only defender we've had who has been able to consistently perform at a high level (though that time seems past for him). There is a litany of former Arsenal defenders who were quite poor for Arsenal who were reasonably solid players for club's afterwards. Because the combination of high defensive line, no DM, attacking fullbacks, and not a huge amount of defensive work from the attacking players makes any defensive mistake fatal. I'm not going to claim a new manager will magically transform Mustafi into a player capable of performing at a consistent acceptable level... but man management and accountability could go a long way. Younger players like Bellerin and Iwobi might actually start improving again.

There definitely needs to be some work. New GK and at least one new defender, preferably several. A class mid who can defend. Will the new manager and regime get tons to spend? Hard to say. Wenger got money, but we also sold in recent seasons so the net outlay hasn't been that big. A couple years ago when we didn't bring in an outfield player, was that lack of money or Wenger being arrogant?

Jardim is probably my first choice as well. Great with young players, plays attractive football, and far more tactical than Wenger.

Status

Sunderland being sold and Coleman is "released" from his contract....so Sunderland with an non league manager next season?

Ole!

Status

Yep looks like it, i give up really, what nearly all Sunderland fans wanted has happened and we're getting new owners but we've just gotten rid of probably our best chance of getting out of league one next season.

I really hope this is a good change and we start a fresh next season.

RIP Bradley

Status

Gerrard to Rangers a done deal then, with Gary Mac his assistant. Bit of a win/win situation for Gerrard...nobody really expects him to do a great deal and is exposes him to management...wonder how many Liverpool players will end up on loan there next season.

As for Sunderland....seen Wilder's name linked a lot...he won't drop back to L1 surely?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Gerrard to Rangers a done deal then, with Gary Mac his assistant. Bit of a win/win situation for Gerrard...nobody really expects him to do a great deal and is exposes him to management...wonder how many Liverpool players will end up on loan there next season.

As for Sunderland....seen Wilder's name linked a lot...he won't drop back to L1 surely?
    Smart move by Gerrard, I think. And could turn out to be quite saavy by Rangers. Can't imagine there was a long list of top-level managers they were targeting. If Gerrard is mediocre or worse.... well, they gave an English legend(ish) player a shot. Can't blame them for that. If he's good....

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Smart move by Gerrard, I think. And could turn out to be quite saavy by Rangers. Can't imagine there was a long list of top-level managers they were targeting. If Gerrard is mediocre or worse.... well, they gave an English legend(ish) player a shot. Can't blame them for that. If he's good....
    He'll end up taking over from Klopp when he moves on to bigger things....

Status

He'll end up taking over from Klopp when he moves on to bigger things....
    Think so too. But I don't know that Liverpool would be willing to do that if he never had something bigger on his resume than working with the Liverpool youth. Sufficient for Guardiola, but that was a decade ago.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Gerrard doing something Giggs should've done much earlier. Wish him luck.
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Steven Gerrard the Celtic fan managing Rangers

#conspiracy

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Allegri is having talks with Juve about his future ooh err...could they really pull this one off?

Status

Allegri is having talks with Juve about his future ooh err...could they really pull this one off?
    By "they", you mean Chelsea?

Thread Information