Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1576

Thread: Managerial Comings & Goings

Think of the implication

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

The problem with getting did of wenger and getting a new manger is that wenger does everything, the club will have to hire loads of people in order to fill that void wneger will leave. you can't just get a new manger, you need an entirely new staff and not just managerial staff.
    FIGHT Owens FIGHT

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I don't think that's a problem, I think that's a blessing. Wenger is clearly out of his depth handling the jobs of 3-5 people.

Status

If its that is a problem today, why is not going to be a problem - if he stays - in 2 years? Or 4 years? It would give more time to put transitional provisions in place.... but the board has been unwilling to make any such provisions for YEARS now, and every indication is that Wenger is against any sort of change at all, so looking at it that way is entirely just delaying the issue.

But like SS says, its actually more of a problem that Wenger does all that. The indecision in the transfer market, continually waiting for a "perfect deal"? That's Wenger. Allowing contracts of about a third of the squad to run down? That's Wenger. To "not do tactics", to the point that some players complain that they don't know what they are supposed to be doing at a given point in time? That's Wenger. He's is the all powerful overlord at the club and pretty much of all the issues come down to him and a board that is unwilling to force any changes or push for accountability. Wenger has a history of pushing people out of the club who he feels might challenge his power in some way, like Thierry Henry and some others. Arsenal has indeed been "Wenger FC" for a long time. But there are problems with that. Serious ones.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Alisher Usmanov wants to buy Arsenal but it's very unlikely that stubborn Stan Kroenke will sell. Would be good for Arsenal if Usmanov takes over as I would gladly welcome a change of ownership. There should be Kroenke out banners instead of Wenger out banners.

Think of the implication

Status

What manger could realistically be the next arsenal manger? Allegri is very unlikely especially if he wins the champions league and you don't get top 4. Tuchel maybe but he will take a while to get the signings he wants and he is building a good project at dortmund which will most likely be the best squad in football if they keep the players. The most likely and available is boer, but he was sacked at inter.

Who is their? The next appointment will be the difference between being United and having regressed or you florrishing.
    FIGHT Owens FIGHT

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I don't know why you typed all of those words when you basically said nothing, or added anything of value to the conversation. You can play the why x won't go to Arsenal, or why y will fail at Arsenal game for years, and it'll never changed, there's no such thing as a perfect replacement. Very obvious that the next manager will have a profound impact on the steps the club takes, that's generally what managers do, just fyi.

Think of the implication

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    I don't know why you typed all of those words when you basically said nothing, or added anything of value to the conversation. You can play the why x won't go to Arsenal, or why y will fail at Arsenal game for years, and it'll never changed, there's no such thing as a perfect replacement. Very obvious that the next manager will have a profound impact on the steps the club takes, that's generally what managers do, just fyi.
    I'm providing realistic reason why they may not be available for arsenal. Some arsenal fans I know, not on here, say mangers without actual reason for why the would be a good candidate and not even mention what makes them less likely. So I just said why they wouldn't be a likely candidate. Now again, what would be your ideal manger to replace wenger or are you just going to assume my intention behind my my post again?
    FIGHT Owens FIGHT

When the black man talkin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Tuchel maybe but he will take a while to get the signings he wants and he is building a good project at dortmund which will most likely be the best squad in football if they keep the players.
    Wut

Think of the implication

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Wut
    You can't say that dortmund don't have a squad full of world clas potential but he question is can they all deliver which is very unlikely. like dembele for example, he will be up there as one of the best.
    FIGHT Owens FIGHT

Status

There is a world of difference between potential and actually being the best team in the world. Real Madrid, for example, are miles ahead of them top to bottom and it's very difficult to see Dortmund being able to say that they have a team as good as that.

Think of the implication

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    There is a world of difference between potential and actually being the best team in the world. Real Madrid, for example, are miles ahead of them top to bottom and it's very difficult to see Dortmund being able to say that they have a team as good as that.
    I meant they had the potential to be.
    FIGHT Owens FIGHT

Status

But they don't.

Very very few players end up being as good as the likes of Ramos, Modric, Ronaldo, Bale, etc. Nevermind a whole team of them. Dortmund have some good players, but they don't have a team that man for man would be as good as Real Madrid's, Bayern's or Juventus.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    I'm providing realistic reason why they may not be available for arsenal. Some arsenal fans I know, not on here, say mangers without actual reason for why the would be a good candidate and not even mention what makes them less likely. So I just said why they wouldn't be a likely candidate. Now again, what would be your ideal manger to replace wenger or are you just going to assume my intention behind my my post again?
    Literally, no matter which manager you name, you can come up with a dozen reasons why, and a dozen reasons why not, playing the game of "Who replaces Wenger" does absolutely nothing except create baseless conjecture on why someone would or would not want the Arsenal job.

Think of the implication

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    Literally, no matter which manager you name, you can come up with a dozen reasons why, and a dozen reasons why not, playing the game of "Who replaces Wenger" does absolutely nothing except create baseless conjecture on why someone would or would not want the Arsenal job.
    Hmm and you say I didn't add to the conversation. Wow

You are Wenger out right? Well out of every manger in the world who do you want as manger?
    Last edited by MC 16; 05-20-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    FIGHT Owens FIGHT

Status

Such discourse isn't all that appealing to Arsenal supporters - or supporters of a lot of other English clubs - because the media has been doing this for YEARS now. Things can change quickly in the sport, and until there is actually a vacancy to fill, its a bit useless to discuss the potential replacements. There is nothing to replace right now.

And if you follow German football at all.... Tuschel is highly likely to leave Dortmund this summer. He has fallen out with club officials. So he's highly likely to be available. But probably not an ideal choice.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I feel like you're not understanding at all, it literally doesn't matter what manager I want. I could name a shortlist of managers, and it means absolutely nothing. It's an absolutely worthless discussion to have. I know you're a few fries short of a happy meal, but I didn't think it was that hard to understand that it didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    And if you follow German football at all.... Tuschel is highly likely to leave Dortmund this summer. He has fallen out with club officials. So he's highly likely to be available. But probably not an ideal choice.
    At this rate, it's questionable if he follows English football, much less German.

Think of the implication

Status

All I wanted to know who is yor ideal manger but if you are incapable of giving an answer that's fine. Wenger is going to stay anyway.

Oh I dont follow english football? where did you get that from, me pointing out that's it was a mistake which lead to the goals rather then blaming it entirely on tactics. I also made little comment on how most arsenal fans are wenger ou which is true. Both my statments which you disagreed with were true so that means that I don't follow football? Yeah whatever good luck today
    FIGHT Owens FIGHT

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Because the answer isn't simple, it's a long drawn out response that again doesn't. fucking. matter. Replacing the literal most iconic manager at a club is no simple task, especially when he's been doing the job of 3-5 people for 20+ years. Who should our manager be? Who should be the person in charge of training? Who should our Sporting Director be? There's a 100 different answers to each question, and each answer to one question further complicates the answer to the second question.

Also, to be clear, I never disagreed that most Arsenal fans are Wenger Out. Either way, based on your mostly hilarious analysis, I think there's a nagging doubt in many posters minds on whether you follow football or not.

Cider 'I' Up

Status
      Country                    England

Sure Mikk wont be upset but David Moyes has quit as Sunderland manager, following there relegation from the premier league.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.
    2017 Movie Log

For A Better WC

Status
      Country                    England

Hard to believe how low his stock has become since taking the Man Utd job.

Thread Information