View Poll Results: Who Will Negan Kill in the Season 7 Opener?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rick

1 11.11%
  • Carl

1 11.11%
  • Michonne

1 11.11%
  • Glenn

7 77.78%
  • Maggie

1 11.11%
  • Daryl

2 22.22%
  • Eugene

1 11.11%
  • Rosita

1 11.11%
  • Sasha

2 22.22%
  • Abraham

5 55.56%
  • Aaron

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Discussion

Killing It.

Status

Re: The Walking Dead Discussion

I just found out about the 3 episodes left thing today HH3, I'm also pretty pissed/saddened. Not enough of this awesome series!

The last 5-10 minutes of this weeks episode were very good, and I thought it stood out alot more then the rest of the semingly slower than usual episode. Shane beating the hell out of (?) (I'm drawing a blank on alot of names...) was pretty awesome. I thought he was going abit overboard though and sort of got worried.
    I'm also interested in where the hell (?) went! I mean he couldn't have gone that far, was the door opened when they got there? How else would he have gotten away?

This show always gets me soooo very interested in next weeks episode with their short video packages at the end. I need to go watch the longer preview on their site....

DD Touches my privates

Status
      Country                    Iraq

Just got done watching this past weeks episode. Great episode. Not a big dramatic moment for the reunion which lacked a bit, but overall decent. I had no idea till now that Norman Reedus was in this. Loved him in Boondock Saints. Looking forward to next weeks episode. I just now seen that it is only 6 episodes for season one. Guess they didn't know how big of a hit they had on their hands. I hope they don't make us wait until next October to start season 2 though. They will lose a huge fan base if they do. Shane beating the shit out of Ed was great. I wasn't sure if he was going to stop. lol

Suffocate|Concuss|Prevail

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Rick's wife did the right thing and ended things with the best friend, but she's no angel in my eyes until she admits they slept together. I also agree that I hope there isn't a long wait for season 2. Only six episodes, who knows why the small number; it probably costs a lot to produce a show with the kind of make-up, effects, and what not. Hope it doubles next season.
    Wade. to attack, approach, or begin vigorously.
    Will. power or capacity of free, conscious choice.
    Amiable. (to persons) having a pleasing and kindly disposition.

DD Touches my privates

Status
      Country                    Iraq

Actually Shane needs to admit it since he lied to her. During all of what was going on, to tell his best friends wife that her husband was dead just to sleep with her was rather shady. Really, Lori has nothing to be sorry for, so if she does tell him then it will be out of respect for the marriage. Hard to see what is going to happen because they can go in so many directions right now with this story. I'm just hoping it picks up soon for the second season with only a few more episodes left of this season.

People's Champion

Status

Another GREAT episode last night.

Really showed how things can go with different people. Seeing how the Redneck eventually, and reluctantly figured out that Rick knows what he's doing, and stopped just going after the black dude out of retaliation.

Seeing all those hispanic gangbangers, acting all tough and all...only to find out they're staying behind to protect a bunch of Senior Citizens in a what looks like a nursing home.

To find the big bad boss was nothing but a Custodian, and is the guy they all look up too...and how much he was bluffing about being a bad ass willing to kill them for no reason(even though I have no doubt he would have, if he needed too.)

I knew Rick would end up giving them some of the guns, to facilitate the trade...but I wasn't expecting that those guys were more than just a gang, but really protecting that place.

Then seeing half the damn camp get overrun and killed was pretty harsh...I wasn't expecting that many of those people to die so quick.

Just a really good show.
    Last edited by Drew; 11-22-2010 at 05:41 AM.

Status

I knew I forgot to do something and that's comment on the last episode. The two big things that happened were what I wasn't expecting. Especially seeing that gang turn out to be people helping those who were left behind at the nursing home; I was expecting a blood-bath when Rick and the others were willing to shoot the place up to get Glen back. Then you had the camp being rampaged by walkers, I knew what was going to happen to the first guy (the guy who beats his wife) that got eaten, but I didn't expect to see a dozen or more walkers show up, then who knows how many people got eaten up.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

EDIT: Then we still don't know what happened to the guy who hacked his hand off and stole the van that Rick and others came in on to bring him back to camp.

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    England

The first show since LOST to really draw me in, bit bummed out to hear there are only six episodes, but then again, it means very little filler.

The racist one handed redneck is about to whoop wholesale ass, I can sense it.

Killing It.

Status

I'm wondering if "The racist one handed redneck" will come into play in the season finale, could he really find them? or have we seen the last of him...? I also wonder if we'll hear more about the ones who decided not to go with the rest of the gang.
    Great episode last night, sucks that the season is almost over... each episode progresses so much, and that's why I think I love this show! I mean not one episode has had just talking about what they're going to do but leaving it until a week later, all them have had a plan or event that went down on that episode so they could just stuff us full of brand new awesomeness the next week!

Status

I forgot to comment about this last night, I wanted to. But again, another great episode. It was intense to watch the woman say goodbye to her sister as she was coming back as a Walker. I was on the edge of my seat say, 'Do it. When are you gonna kill her. You have to kill her.' Then it was also interesting to watch the one guy get taken over by the fever that causes you to become a walker. Then there's the one-hand redneck; I think he might be a loose end going into season two, but I too am wondering when he'll come back. Then there's Noah Emmerich, the scientist late in the episode. In previews for next week, he's testing the people in the group and having them wash themselves down. The speculation is, they may have the fever and not even know it, is that possible? Who knows.

Man I'm really into this show.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Showtime View Post
    I forgot to comment about this last night, I wanted to. But again, another great episode. It was intense to watch the woman say goodbye to her sister as she was coming back as a Walker. I was on the edge of my seat say, 'Do it. When are you gonna kill her. You have to kill her.' Then it was also interesting to watch the one guy get taken over by the fever that causes you to become a walker. Then there's the one-hand redneck; I think he might be a loose end going into season two, but I too am wondering when he'll come back. Then there's Noah Emmerich, the scientist late in the episode. In previews for next week, he's testing the people in the group and having them wash themselves down. The speculation is, they may have the fever and not even know it, is that possible? Who knows.

Man I'm really into this show.
    This...by the way it ended, with the door opening and the light, you'd have thought it was the season finale...but thankfully not, lol.

Killing It.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    This...by the way it ended, with the door opening and the light, you'd have thought it was the season finale...but thankfully not, lol.
    Exactly! That would've been a great season ender tbh, but it would sorta feel like we were getting screwed! THis show just keeps on giving!
    Showtime, it probably should've been a sad moment, but I just kept thinking she was going to let her bite her and was jumping! Also, if I was Jim(?) I also would've wanted to be left alone there. I think it was a great move! Becoming a zombie would be 'interesting' to say the least, but I wouldn't want hurt the one's I loved. I can't help but wonder if we'll meet him or others that went to georgia as zombies next season...

On Vacation

Status

Sometimes hearty ratings and a loyal audience aren't enough to ensure a stable gig for a television writer. According to Deadline The Walking Dead writer / director / and executive producer, Frank Darabont, may be replacing the show's writing staff with freelancers for the show's second season, meaning the show's current crew could soon be looking for their next assignments sooner than later.

Gutting a writing staff and transitioning to freelancers isn't a super common move in Hollywood, so if true, the decision may face opposition by the powerful Writer's Guild Of America. The model to use freelancers over a permanent writing staff is popular in the U.K., particularly with the BBC, which often airs shows with seasons consisting of no more than six episodes. In the U.S., where seasons usually run 13- 22 episodes, maintaining the show's quality without a permanent staff may be tricky.

Although no reasons have been provided for this potential move, there's speculation that the cost of producing the show may be a factor. The first season of The Walking Dead consisted of six episodes while the next season will run 13. AMC has developed a reputation for producing high quality, but also expensive, programming, and they recently canceled the show Rubicon, perhaps in an effort to put additional funding behind The Walking Dead. But even so, not knowing the actual budgets of the show, it could be possible that reducing the number of writers was needed to keep the show in line with the channel's budgetary expectations.

In other words, the channel is doing what they can to support the show, but the show still needs to do its part to keep costs under control. AMC, unlike HBO, relies on advertising revenue as their primary source of income, and in a weak economy, they need to stretch as many dollars as they can.

Do you think the quality of The Walking Dead will suffer if the show's writing is handled by freelancers next season? AMC's 'The Walking Dead' May Be Swapping a Writing Staff For Freelancers - ComicsAlliance | Comics culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't touch a thing

People's Champion

Status

Well at least they're not talking about replacing cast, or adding characters to "spruce up" ratings and stuff.

Sure there could be a little less quality in the writing of the show(allthough if they Freelancers are good writers there might not be), but this isn't a HUGE deal like the show being cancelled or the Producer/Creator leaving the project.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Very happy to hear about the firing of writers involved with the Walking Dead. Episode 2 was a mash-up of cliched events from other zombie stories with hardly anything original, while Merle and the black guy are probably the two most stereo-typed and worst-written characters I've seen in some time. AMC's pedigree, especially regarding Breaking Bad, is that which turns cliche on its head. What TWD allowed in its writing as very un-AMC, and I'm glad the people responsible are gone.

They should consult the original writers of the graphic novel and give the freelance writers better parameters to work with. I was really hoping both sisters would die so I didn't have to hear either speak a word ever again. Then they let the worse actress live. Do not like.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Killing It.

Status

AMC is showing a marathon of the whole season right now leading up to the season finale! I missed episode one, and the DL link in VIP wasn't working so this is great! Marathon just started like 15 minutes ago. I'm super pumped for tonights episode! :D

Team CoCo

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    AMC is showing a marathon of the whole season right now leading up to the season finale! I missed episode one, and the DL link in VIP wasn't working so this is great! Marathon just started like 15 minutes ago. I'm super pumped for tonights episode! :D
    Same here. What happened to this being a 6 episode series, did i miss something?

Killing It.

Status

I never even knew it was suppose to be! Lol. It's been renewed for a second (and third ?) season.

Team CoCo

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    I never even knew it was suppose to be! Lol. It's been renewed for a second (and third ?) season.
    Good...Good

EDIT

I just read that it will be given 13 episodes for the 2nd season, i havent heard anything about a 3rd season yet.
    Last edited by Akimbo Slice; 12-05-2010 at 07:18 PM.

No

Status

Since the second/third episode this show has gone to absolute shit.

Characters have absolutely no depth, I get it...the main guy is a cop, he found his family ok...now what? That's all there is to him cop--family -- I don't even know their names, that's how little I give a shit.

What happened to the one hand guy? I don't buy his brother leaving without looking for him more -- and why hasn't he shown up yet.

That's some pretty shitty traps they set up outside their camp if that many walkers can just show up.

What was the point of taking them to the place just to have it blow up -- I get it there's no hope blah blah but it essentially means besides him re-uniting with his family absolutely nothing happened all season.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

this has quite easily been the best thing on tv this year, good to see egg out of this life is still getting work aswell, just wish there was more than six episodes of it!!

Thread Information