Thread: Is The Money in the Bank Concept making a Joke out of the World Title?

Backyarder

Status

Is The Money in the Bank Concept making a Joke out of the World Title?

It appears that most wrestlers that now win the World Title are just lucky to be champions and winning the belt is more of a prize gift than something that is earned out of merit. Unlike the Royal Rumble which gives the wrestler an opportunity to be champion, the money in the bank match almost guarantees you'll be world champion. I realize that the wwe does this to increase the fans interest, but they're ruining the credibility that comes from being a world champion.

These days, money in the bank or not the first world title reign is more like a test period where a wrestler warms up for the real examine which is being able to win the World Title again. If a wrestlers fails to win the belt again after cashing in the M.I.T.B. and winning the world title he might forever be viewed as a fluke of a champion.
    Thoughts?

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Is The Money in the Bank Concept making a Joke out of the World Title?

MITB doesn't make the big titles a joke. The fact that there's 2 of them floating around and they change hands frequently makes them a joke.

Backyarder

Status

You think so? Winning the belt after a wrestler is vulnerable isn't a joke to you?
    Many wrestlers attempt to be champions and get title shots, but fail to win the title.
    Perhaps if they had the money in the bank briefcase they didn't have to go through all that effort, just to lose at the end.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by NovaRoad View Post
    MITB doesn't make the big titles a joke. The fact that there's 2 of them floating around and they change hands frequently makes them a joke.
    This. Constantly switching the world titles back and forth in weak and silly fashion makes cashing in your contract on a vunerable person not the worst thing that could be done to re main event prestige.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Well I guess it has depended on the winners. The first time Punk won and cashed in he wasn't ready. But the 2nd time he was ready.

But also compare Swagger and Sheamus. Swagger won MITB and right now he's looking very credible by taking Undertaker to the limit in a 15 minute epic and then beating Orton clean with no help. While Sheamus didn't look credible at all as champ and he won it without MITB.

Just depends on booking and if the person is ready or not.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Keaven Angel View Post
    You think so? Winning the belt after a wrestler is vulnerable isn't a joke to you?
    Many wrestlers attempt to be champions and get title shots, but fail to win the title.
    Perhaps if they had the money in the bank briefcase they didn't have to go through all that effort, just to lose at the end.
    I would view Swagger's cashing in his MITB on Jericho as a joke if the WHC wasn't somewhat meaningless in the first place, you know what I mean? If there was only the WHC and not the WWEC, and Jericho had a lengthy reign as the champion, and lost it helplessly like he did to Swagger a few weeks ago, I would agree with you.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

WWE aren't bothered or able to produce main event stars so this is an easy option to fire a mid-carder into the title scene but the problem with that is if the win the title they're a champion with very little credibility as they haven't been built up as a main eventer and imo that does make a joke of the titles.

Status

As already stated, if the two main belts still mean anything and were treated as such, then yeah, I would probably agree that the MITB does them some harm. But they haven't been treated as anything but props for a long while now.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

It's helping build superstars urgently because they realized HBK is done, Takers going, Triple H is running out of leg, Jericho's not getting younger and Batista could walk out any day now. That essentially along with Edge Orton & Cena being their main event a year or so, so they've desperately tried to replace without being able to build superstars up as highly.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Thread Information