Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Sheamus finally fit as a top guy?

Tommy Got Hacked

Does Sheamus finally fit as a top guy?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Covered in Blood

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: Does Sheamus finally fit as a top guy?

Yeah I think his look is better than anyone else's in the WWE, he's really fallen into his character, he is putting on good matches, and the crowd really hates on the guy.

Also, the simple act of giving him his own t-shirt really helps put him over as a top guy. It's a bit silly, but think he looks completely natural in there with Orton and the rest now that he has a t-shirt IMO.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status
      Country                    United States

I actually said to myself a few times last night during RAW that Sheamus really did have a top guy feel to him. There were even times during his interactions with Orton and Batista that he seemed more at place than either of the other two did. Not saying Orton and Batista were bad by any stretch, just really illustrating how at home Sheamus was to me last night. Say what you will about how he got his start on RAW, but there's really no denying that he's one of the top guys in the WWE now.

On Vacation

Status

Without a doubt. Sheamus had finally proved himself with a victory over Triple H that IMO made Sheamus look like a beast. Then I can remember watching him in the main event last night thinking to myself that he just belonged there. If I was to list my favorite WWE performers let alone top performers... Sheamus makes both lists now. Sheamus is just awesome.

🔪 Cool·Vegan·Mom·Club 🌻

Status
      Country                    Canada

Its only sense last night on RAw that i feel he is a main eventer. He just seemed in place with Orton, Batista, cena, and Edge. Im still not his biggest fan but he's alright in my book. In fact i think me and my friend thought he looked right as a main eventer now at the same time because we had this converation today.

Status

I've liked Sheamus since he first came up from FCW, but his title reign felt awfully rushed. Nowhere near enough build to make it feel legit, even with the "fluke" title win in the first place. His feud with Triple H has definitely cemented him as belonging, in my opinion. Perhaps Sheamus would have got there even without the feud with Triple H, but it definitely made a big difference. In my mind, for all the flack that Triple H takes (and some of it deservedly), he deserves a ton of credit for "making" Sheamus.

With Sheamus doing as well as he has of late, I think it really blunts the blow of potentially losing Batista sometime in the near future. Not that Sheamus is a proven draw or a drop-in replacement, but he can play a similar powerhouse heel role.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    His feud with Triple H has definitely cemented him as belonging, in my opinion. Perhaps Sheamus would have got there even without the feud with Triple H, but it definitely made a big difference. In my mind, for all the flack that Triple H takes (and some of it deservedly), he deserves a ton of credit for "making" Sheamus.
    What are friends for, after all.

As far as "making" Sheamus is concerned, he could have done a lot better making him by losing without being so-close-to-injured-there-was-doubt-he-could-wrestle before the match.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    What are friends for, after all.

As far as "making" Sheamus is concerned, he could have done a lot better making him by losing without being so-close-to-injured-there-was-doubt-he-could-wrestle before the match.
    Whatever Triple H's motivations for it, he still did it and its not something he does too often.

I agree that the way it was done protected Triple H as much as possible, which is something I've just come to accept. May not like it, but hating it doesn't change it. That said, it did work. Would taking a clean, "un-injured" win over Triple H have elevated Sheamus even more? Probably. But what was done still worked very well for Sheamus, plus it did protect Triple H.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Sole Survivor

I never complained about him and had expectations for him from the start.
    He has the look to be a champion, the skill to be a champion, the gimmick, the mic skills. he has it all and in my opinion is a top heel main eventer on RAW. He deserves the WWE championship after defeating Triple H and does that give him a boost now. Yeah, I expect more and love to see how far WWE pushes him. It would be good and he is fit as a top guy.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    Yeah the way I look at it, if you look back on that PPV, the things you remember are Sheamus attacking HHH with a pipe and Sheamus hitting some brutal kicks on HHH for the finish, before assaulting him once again post match. It may have been preferable for him to go over HHH without the backstage assault, but still, the images that stick in people's mind are those of Sheamus brutalizing HHH and gaining a pinfall victory. If nothing else, Sheamus looked like a very dangerous man.

Just feuding with a guy of HHHs stature has helped him though. I guess that's the benefit of making somebody look so strong for so long. HHH is practically unbeatable, so for Sheamus to gain any sort of victory, even with the backstage attack, makes him look very impressive. It's also put him over as a ruthless and vicious human being who will stop at nothing to get what he wants.
    Exactly.

And there is upside to protecting Triple H (and the few others) they way the E does. It keeps Triple H strong. If the feud with Sheamus ends now and he moves into a feud with someone else young - let's say Swagger. Having kept Triple H strong they way they did makes giving the rub to the next guy more effective, so just looking good in defeat still means something. Whereas if Sheamus puts Triple H down clean and then he moves into a feud with Swagger, it means Swagger needs to do just a bit more against Triple H to look as good.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

Whatever Triple H's motivations for it, he still did it and its not something he does too often.

I agree that the way it was done protected Triple H as much as possible, which is something I've just come to accept. May not like it, but hating it doesn't change it. That said, it did work. Would taking a clean, "un-injured" win over Triple H have elevated Sheamus even more? Probably. But what was done still worked very well for Sheamus, plus it did protect Triple H.
    Does Triple H really need protecting at this point in his career though? I don't believe for a minute that Triple H would've looked in any way bad had he lost the match cleanly. Sure, Sheamus looked like a beast and he's taking his rightful place at the top of the WWE, and I truly believe he's one of the top guys. However, like I had said in the Extreme Rules thread for this match, Sheamus still has an air of uncertainty about him. We've still yet to see him definitively beat a big opponent on a big stage cleanly. He's more than due for it, and it should've happened Sunday.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by NovaRoad View Post
    Does Triple H really need protecting at this point in his career though? I don't believe for a minute that Triple H would've looked in any way bad had he lost the match cleanly. Sure, Sheamus looked like a beast and he's taking his rightful place at the top of the WWE, and I truly believe he's one of the top guys. However, like I had said in the Extreme Rules thread for this match, Sheamus still has an air of uncertainty about him. We've still yet to see him definitively beat a big opponent on a big stage cleanly. He's more than due for it, and it should've happened Sunday.
    Does he need to be protected to that level? Probably not. It helps in certain ways, but it is not necessary. It is unlikely to end, and not just because of Triple H's backstage connections. The Undertaker, John Cena, and Batista seem to be protected in a fairly similar manner, in that they are only going to lose clean to a select few other top stars.

As for Sheamus needing to beat a big name, I don't know. I'd like to see it for sure, but building toward something isn't wrong either. In Japan, a young top star can take years before they get a win over one of the established aces. So Sheamus taking six months or so to do so hardly seems to be overly drawn out.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

Not that I completely disagree with you, but I feel building him up for a clean win over another top guy at a later date 6 months from now would've worked much better had the WWE not propelled him with a huge championship push right off the bat. It just seems odd to me that they'd rush him to this point and then pull on the reins to slow him down and not get that decisive victory that I feel he really needs right now.

Status

Not that I completely disagree with you, but I feel building him up for a clean win over another top guy at a later date 6 months from now would've worked much better had the WWE not propelled him with a huge championship push right off the bat. It just seems odd to me that they'd rush him to this point and then pull on the reins to slow him down and not get that decisive victory that I feel he really needs right now.
    Its a bit backward to do it this way, but to me, its really just a gradual "almost there" push that oddly included a championship reign. Weird thought, but he become #1 contender in an indirect way (battle royal), won via a relative fluke, defended by disqual, and then lost in an Elimination Chamber. Take the title win out of there and its actually a pretty good build of a new main event star.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

Its a bit backward to do it this way, but to me, its really just a gradual "almost there" push that oddly included a championship reign. Weird thought, but he become #1 contender in an indirect way (battle royal), won via a relative fluke, defended by disqual, and then lost in an Elimination Chamber. Take the title win out of there and its actually a pretty good build of a new main event star.
    Yea, that's true. A bit odd, but somehow sensical.

Status

Yea, that's true. A bit odd, but somehow sensical.
    Yeah, its quite odd. That title win somehow really muddled things. But without it, its actually quite a well worked push of being "almost there". It may have ramped up a bit quick, but the build toward that big, establshing clean win isn't too slow when you don't consider the title run. At least in my opinion.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Sweet Meat

Status

I think having heels get clean wins over faces is an overrated concept anyway. If a guy is cocky and can beat the top faces clean, why the fuck would you bother booing him? With Sheamus being underhanded then attacking HHH after to prove a point, he has plenty of reason to be hated.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Backyarder

Status

He's a top guy in some sense, just like Swagger is, but I find it hard to believe he'll ever be a big draw. I consider the very top guys those who can be world champs and draw at the same time. Wrestlers such as John Cena, HHH, Batista, CM Punk, Jericho, Edge, Orton and Undertaker. Christian fits the mold of top wrestlers and as soon as he becomes champion he'll be viewed as one elite top wrestlers.IMO

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post
    I think having heels get clean wins over faces is an overrated concept anyway. If a guy is cocky and can beat the top faces clean, why the fuck would you bother booing him? With Sheamus being underhanded then attacking HHH after to prove a point, he has plenty of reason to be hated.
    Same reason you boo a sports team you don't like. Honestly, if Sheamus won cleanly over Triple H, there'd be no reason to boo him? You can still dislike Sheamus and boo him if he goes over faces cleanly, as he's done plenty of other things to garner heat and I'm sure he'll continue to do so.

Thread Information