Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Striker annoys me

Tommy Got Hacked

Matt Striker annoys me

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: Matt Striker annoys me

i watched Raw last night and it kind of sounded to me like Lawler was getting legit annoyed at him, they kind of went back and forth. i remember someone doing some move and they argued over whether it was a submission hold or not >.>
    Last edited by Wall-E; 04-27-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Yeezy Taught Me

Status

I don't find him annoying, but I do tend to notice Striker trying to get over with King, by joking with him and poking fun. However, it does bother me that he constantly cuts Cole & King off, and he talks really loud, sometimes distracting me from the match. But I wouldn't go as far to say he's annoying. When he's with Grisham they have a pretty smooth dynamic. My guess is Striker was just trying to compensate for the exciting moods he was looking (or supposed to be...?) portraying last night during the draft.

Guy's good though, and he's a heel supporter, rare among WWE commentators. Even King's stopped it, and he used to be epic at it.

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Pace View Post
    i watched Raw last night and it kind of sounded to me like Lawler was getting legit annoyed at him, they kind of went back and forth. i remember someone doing some move and they argued over whether it was a submission hold or not >.>
    Yea, I definitely felt that Lawler was getting seriously annoyed by Striker both on RAW and at Extreme Rules. I don't mind that he was cutting off King and Cole off at all, because lately I find that King is just stupid and Cole is just bland except for on NXT with Daniel Bryan cracks.

I can see where you're coming from though Tommy, because when I first started watching Smackdown again and had no idea who Striker was, he came off the same way to me then.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Personally, I am not a fan of any commentator in the WWE. I can stand Matt when he's setting up the scene, but the guy ruins it by trying too hard in the other elements of commentating.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

If you're a regular watcher of Botchamania, you'll have realised by now that a lot of the facts he comes up with are bollocks.

Shame, I really liked him when I started watching more of WWE last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

guy bothers me big time...he tries way to hard and gives everyone a hundred nicknames...go back to Ventura and Heenan and learn how to be a heel announcer

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I like him because he at least brings a heel/face dynamic to commentating. Jerry Lawler used to be amazing as a delusional heel commentator, but now is bland. Michael Cole is a horrible commentator, and if this is the guy they want to replace JR in the future, then I feel for the WWE.

Striker, however, has been rubbish lately. At least when with the Raw team, but when he's with Grisham, he's a much better commentator.

None of the commentators make matches feel special anymore. The smartest thing WWE could do right now, wrt commentators is to sign JBL again. He made matches feel special and, like Striker, makes every wrestler feel important (remember how much JBL tried to get Gregory Helms over even if the WWE didn't?).

Covered in Blood

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I seriously want to bitch slap that motherfucker when he tries to one-up Todd Grisham, who I think is the best announcer in the WWE (not saying much, but I can't think of anyone better at the moment). Yeah, he has some fuck-ups and he's hardly a Gorilla Monsoon or JR when it comes to creativity, but you notice him when you need to and don't notice him when you don't need to, if that makes any sense whatsoever to anyone.

Can't stand him at all.
    Last edited by Crest Fall; 04-27-2010 at 10:26 AM.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

There was about two weeks a year ago when I thought, ''Matt Striker, he's alright''. But yeah, over the top is a great description of him. He puts wrestlers over strongly, but he also tries to add logic to certain wrestling moves, which only exposes how illogical some of them are.

It's good when he's working with Jerry Lawler though, The King usually pulls him up on some of the dumb stuff he says.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    There was about two weeks a year ago when I thought, ''Matt Striker, he's alright''. But yeah, over the top is a great description of him. He puts wrestlers over strongly, but he also tries to add logic to certain wrestling moves, which only exposes how illogical some of them are.

It's good when he's working with Jerry Lawler though, The King usually pulls him up on some of the dumb stuff he says.
    Couldn't agree more about exposing wrestlers. A prime example was at Extreme Rules when he used adrenaline as an excuse for Triple H using the left arm. It didn't help HHH, it only emphasised his no-selling of the arm.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

He's horrible. I was criticized huge for saying so about a month ago...but I'm glad to see others actually agree.

His analysis is just way too much..."That's not any just any headlock, look at the leverage, and how he switches his grip....blah blah blah". Shut up.

Last night I turned the channel a few times when he would start rattling on about something, give it a few minutes, turn back, and he'd still be talking!

Right now the commentary is overwhelming the ring action too regularly. Somehow it just rings hollow and feels like a constant sell job.

Status

He seems more retrained when he's working with Todd Grisham. I like him then. In the three man booth, not nearly as much.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Matt Striker pisses me off. There was a small period of time when I was intrigued to see what he could bring to the table, but now it seems he's trying way too hard to cement his individuality as a WWE announcer so we know who and what he does, making it that much harder to transfer/replace him. It's annoying as hell. I'm all for 'unique' but he goes above and beyond just trying to be different and it hurts the product.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Making Odd Since 1980

Status
      Country                    Canada

To be honest I have never really cared for him, at anything he does, from his in ring debut to announcing. I loved King's little comment last night, "Yeah, cause Matt Striker knows anything about being a WWE Superstar. Truer words were never spoken.

Also, like Booty said, no wrestler needs 1 million nicknames. I also hate during commentary, how he brings up constantly, his personal in ring experience, like his some legendary veteran.

King looked seriously pissed at Striker last night. I was hoping for fisticuffs, but alas it didn't happen.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jereecho View Post
    King looked seriously pissed at Striker last night. I was hoping for fisticuffs, but alas it didn't happen.
    Loving that King looks less likely to pass the torch than to set Striker ablaze with it.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

The only good part about him is that he's bringing out a meaner side in Lawler. For way too long the King has been completely soft. Although he still is a face commentator, he isn't taking any shit from Striker.

People's Champion

Status

I like him when he announces but when he is on nxt it annoyed me. He doesn't seem like the hosting type imo.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Didn't like Matt Striker at first but I think he's alright, on this week's RAW and on the PPVs, Matt Striker is the one that saved the commentary team imo. Cole & King both abcolutely suck, they spend more time talking about how the superstars look and things that aren't relevant to the match rather than talking about the match, especially King.

Thread Information