Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Future Is Now?

Tommy Got Hacked

The Future Is Now?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Status

Re: The Future Is Now?

Yup, it could make for an interesting remainder to 2010. Especially if Taker takes much of the year off again and Triple H takes time off, too. This is where the WWE's lack of development of new top stars over the past 5 years shows through (only really CM Punk).

The Miz seems like a good bet for a top level push. Once he finishes up his feud with Daniel Bryan and assumingly drops the US title, he could move into a world title feud. The WWE seems to have a fair bit of faith in the guy.

John Morrison is another possibility who take the jump up to the next level.

Sheamus' current feud with Triple H looks to be star-making. Moreso than his title reign was.

Some of the others who look like real possibilities - Swagger, McIntyre, Kofi, DiBiase - I'm just not sure on. Does the WWE really have faith in them? Tough to say.

Plus, you could also see Big Show move back into a main event singles role.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

2010 is the year when they need to re ivent themselves. CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison. Orton & Cena are all there really is. Where will Triple H, Rey Mysterio & The Undertaker be by December? Not in good shape. This is when those who are being given the opportunities to get to the top to make it.

Tommy Got Hacked

Think Your Greezy?

Status

I think it's more guys like Punk, Ziggler & Morrison who have to secure themselves. Guys like Sheamus & McIntyre are on the straight and narrow to stardom with big pushing. The Miz could still lose it when he loses his belts.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kalashnikov View Post
    I think it's more guys like Punk, Ziggler & Morrison who have to secure themselves. Guys like Sheamus & McIntyre are on the straight and narrow to stardom with big pushing. The Miz could still lose it when he loses his belts.
    The problem is that it doesn't take much for a "sure thing" push to get derailed. When he first won the world title, it looked like Punk was set, but he moved back to midcard essentially for six months, before climbing back up again. Guys like MVP and Shelton Benjamin looked sure to be stars with pushes they got, but never made that final step for whatever reason. So why knows for sure?
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Tommy Got Hacked

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Miz, Punk, Swagger, DiBiase and Otunga will be the next group of stars. Sheamus is really gonna be limited by how many fans will actually accept him as a top star. Its not his fault cause he's actually talented but being a pale ginger irishmen really has limited appeal. Morrison and Mcintyre just fucking suck. Can't think of anyboby else right now.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Swagger and Sheamus are obviously being elevated, I hope to see The Miz, Morrison, Christian, DiBiase, Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett and Luke Gallows getting bigger pushes soon.

Also, I'm not sure if his destiny is midcarding but I hope they throw Vance Archer up there soon, too. The Mike Knox beard he's in the process of growing looks great.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Think Your Greezy?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    The problem is that it doesn't take much for a "sure thing" push to get derailed. When he first won the world title, it looked like Punk was set, but he moved back to midcard essentially for six months, before climbing back up again. Guys like MVP and Shelton Benjamin looked sure to be stars with pushes they got, but never made that final step for whatever reason. So why knows for sure?
    I would be pretty certain that McIntyre will be a World Champion very soon. Sheamus has already pretty much made it sure fire of a quick push.

Backyarder

Status

This will be the year of Christian, Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger. Christian should be challenging for the world title come Wrestlemania. Evan Bourne is the new Jeff Hardy and Jack Swagger will continue to be push, possibly winning the World Title for a second time. While Carlito will win the I.C. Title.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Bourne's the new Jeff Hardy? So Bourne is one of WWE's top 2 merchandise sellers and the most popular man in wrestling now? K.

Tommy Got Hacked

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kalashnikov View Post
    I would be pretty certain that McIntyre will be a World Champion very soon. Sheamus has already pretty much made it sure fire of a quick push.
    But a world title reign does not make someone a star like it once did. It makes them a main event level worker during their reign, but they can drop right back into the midcard afterward.

To me, being a true star in the WWE at this point isn't measured by a world title reign anymore. I look at two things - how a worker is presented in relation to the true top guys (Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Batista) and whether they are or would be trusted to main event a pay per view.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Tommy Got Hacked

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status
      Country                    United States

Now definitely needs to be the time where these mid-level superstars push the envelope. There's a big handful of guys that could step up to the plate, and I imagine all of them would love to get that opportunity to be a big superstar. I have to believe to some extent that despite their love of wrestling, these guys came to the WWE because of the exposure and possible superstardom (and money too). They all can't be John Cenas and Rocks and Austins, but that's no reason to not build them up and cultivate them into possible household name wrestlers.

Tommy Got Hacked

Backyarder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SelfHighFive View Post
    Bourne's the new Jeff Hardy? So Bourne is one of WWE's top 2 merchandise sellers and the most popular man in wrestling now? K.
    Although Tommy Red was pretty accurate with his explanation, what I meant was that Evan Bourne has the style an a attitude similar to Jeff Hardy. One of those type of wrestlers that little kids follow up to.
    Doesn't have to do with popularity, but people might be surprised how over he can get.

Tommy Got Hacked

Rhythm Rock Shocker

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    I know what you mean but I had to laugh at this. The guy who left wrestling for movies given as an example of a guy who DIDN'T just want stardom from wrestling lol.

No offence Rocky.

But yeah, I think a lot of these guys just love the business and that's as much an incentive as fame/money. Hell, Jack Swagger's attitude is great judging by his latest interview posted in the news section, and Miz was a huge fan before he was signed. Contrary to what SOME people think, not everybody is out for just money and nothing else.
    I wasn't citing the Rock as an example of someone who didn't just want stardom. If anything, I was saying I think a big part of why some of these guys choose the WWE over other promotions is because of the exposure and possible superstardom. I brought up the Rock for a different point, however, I just didn't separate my thoughts very well

Thread Information